Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,471
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#551209 Jul 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
atemboycow he say:
THE ANSWER IS IN THAT VERSE, STUPID.
For he that eateth and drinketh [[[[[[[[unworthily]]]]]]]]].
they weren't in the center of His Will, which means they were out of His Will, which means they were living in a sinful state, which means that if they die in that state, they go to hell, no osas will save them since that is not a Biblical Truth.
Now why are we not surprised that you don't have a clue as to what that verse means.LOL
The Bible also says to all:
La 1:8 Jerusalem hath grievously sinned; therefore she is removed: all that honoured her despise her, because they have seen her nakedness: yea, she sigheth, and turneth backward.{is...: Heb. is become a removing, or, wandering}
9 Her filthiness is in her skirts; she remembereth not her last end; therefore she came down wonderfully: she had no comforter. O LORD, behold my affliction: for the enemy hath magnified himself.
10 The adversary hath spread out his hand upon all her pleasant things: for she hath seen that the heathen entered into her sanctuary, whom thou didst command that they should not enter into thy congregation.{pleasant: or, desirable}
11 All her people sigh, they seek bread; they have given their pleasant things for meat to relieve the soul: see, O LORD, and consider; for I am become vile.{to...: or, to make the soul to come again}
12 ¶ Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow, which is done unto me, wherewith the LORD hath afflicted me in the day of his fierce anger.{Is it...: or, It is nothing}{pass by: Heb. pass by the way?}
13 From above hath he sent fire into my bones, and it prevaileth against them: he hath spread a net for my feet, he hath turned me back: he hath made me desolate and faint all the day.
14 The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, and come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into their hands, from whom I am not able to rise up.
15 The Lord hath trodden under foot all my mighty men in the midst of me: he hath called an assembly against me to crush my young men: the Lord hath trodden the virgin, the daughter of Judah, as in a winepress.{the virgin...: or, the winepress of the virgin, etc}
So brainwashed you are... so clueless.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Seattle, WA

#551210 Jul 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my favorite channels, we're getting direct tv next week and the game show network, real Christian game shows, can't wait:)
Everything about evangelikal xtianity is ready for junk TV game show time. Hallelujah!

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Seattle, WA

#551211 Jul 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Where are you lying snake????
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't,'tard.
Their fathers abandoned them.
Give me the names of "their"...
Ah am waiting!!!!!
So many idiots caterwaulling "in the name of god" -- jackals on parade.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Seattle, WA

#551212 Jul 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about the words Peter spoke.
Do you read and study Bible scripture?
You have no idea "what peter spoke" -- all your sources are bogus. In fact, peter herself is a man made entity.
marge

Ames, IA

#551213 Jul 23, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything about evangelikal xtianity is ready for junk TV game show time. Hallelujah!
We love The Word of God and God above all.
marge

Ames, IA

#551214 Jul 23, 2014
Roz, did you see about Middle East today? they closed Israel airport and Kerry gave the enemy territory millions.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#551215 Jul 23, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my favorite channels, we're getting direct tv next week and the game show network, real Christian game shows, can't wait:)
I love JAG and Dr Quinn ..lol

But I know a lot of folks,like old Westerns ..I wasn't sure how,wide spread INSP network is...good for you

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#551216 Jul 23, 2014
marge wrote:
Roz, did you see about Middle East today? they closed Israel airport and Kerry gave the enemy territory millions.
I saw a few minutes...airport closed since yesterday...didn't know,we gave millions, but not surprised...the media talks about Gaza,folks killed while the terrorists,lob rockets Willy Billy into Israel ....,and hide behind non combatants and in mosques , if there really are ANY. Disgusting ..but the UN blasts the Israelis ...awful ...

Since when do we negotiate with terrorists, which is who controls things. But then it's,Kerry speaking for this administration..actually surprised he goes,near anywhere with conflict ...

I WILL BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS YOU AND CURSE THOSE,WHO CURSE YOU ...God's covenant with Abraham....HE does,NOT go back on His,word ....woe to us, should we forget as we seem to here in our country ...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#551217 Jul 23, 2014
It is a very personal decision. I went to Catholic school in Hong Kong and I am going again in America. I believe that the Catholic teachings are the only true teachings because I am a Catholic. A Lutheran or a Baptist would think differently. But for me the Catholic church is the one true church.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551218 Jul 24, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know what interpretation is correct because you don't read the Bible. It's how church leaders keep their lies and legends goiing .
So please tell me " what do you know about ANYONE else's faith and salvation and commitment to Jesus Christ other than your own ability ( or inability) to quote (or better yet mis-quote and misinterpret Sacred Scripture (right along) the the rest of your other 42,200+ contradicting and inconsistent "self-appointed Bible Only interpreting "hack" preachers, ministers and self-proclaimed experts????????..For your information, being a former bible only Protestant for over 35 years---I grew up reading, studying and researching the bible:----2 years of confirmation bible study. One year of bible school, 4years bible University study , 2 years of pre-theology bible and Church history research and later 7 years of bible study fellowship --so it is obvious that you are talking through your Protestant " Martin Luther monocle"----in other words : a You have absolutely " no idea" as to what you are talking about which is " no surprise " to ANY of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible which came in 397 AD from the Early Church Father " who wrote it and interpreted it!!!!!
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551219 Jul 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me they do more than cherry pick ..especially GIF...on any subject ..it's enlightening .
I just got a new bible that was Chronological..very interesting especially for the OT, seeing the order things happened..lot of timelines and other information...
Unfortunately not large print
http://www.amazon.com/Chronological-Life-Appl...
Anyway HOJO ..just a thought.....your first Church was either horrid as you seem to hate it, despite that it taught you love for Christ ....I am grateful for what the nuns taught me about Him
And I don't hate the RCC.
....the
Non Catholic churches I went to didn't mention CATHOLICS at all, except a few questions to me personally by a few,people, and no one put it down...I am really dumbfounded by what you say about whatever Church you were in
I know,folks,on this board don't like the RCC but it's topix and the headline attracts it , I guess.
But I never heard a,sermon that even mentioned Catholics, even the ones I wAtch on TV ..so I can't imagine from your posts what on earth services you went to ...I'm really curious.
Do your old friends throw,rocks,at you for now being Catholic? Do you constantly repeat your set phrases,AT THEM ...or is it just here you have no respect for others,who believe .
35 years is among time to stay among hateful folk ...it's puzzling ....again only going by your posts you really hate that Church ...
To clarify your comments: I DO NOT hate the Bible only Church that I was connected with for over 35 years--despite what you might think....In fact--I am thankful for being raised in my bible only Church because the more that I studied sacred scripture (along with researching and studying over 2000 years of Church History, the more I begin to come to the knowledge and realize the TRUTH of The TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and that HE was the one who initiated, formed and authenticated ONLY ONE TRUE (Universal) Church and it was Catholic!!!
In addition, my family still attend that bible only Church in California and whenever on a visit, I will attend Church with them----however---always making sure that it does not interfere with worshipping Jesus Christ at both daily and Sunday Mass.......The main difference is that the Catholic Church is the ONLY CHURCH that possesses the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ (only in and through) HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---which open up to the Fullness in "growing in the faith and Salvation of Our Lord...
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551220 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY???
Do you believe that that other source of universal truth comes from YOU???
:)
No!!! From Sacred Tradition that comes from Christ and the Apostles through BOTH the written and the Oral a Tradition 2Thess 2:15 which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus built upon the rock of Peter ( Matt 16: 18,19, ITim 3:15. the ineffable wisdom of a God is made known through this Universal Church Eph 3:9-10..........and that Church which Jesus HIMSELf formed and initiated was Catholic
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551221 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you ALSO be misguided???
NOT a chance!.........
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551222 Jul 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Cherry picks?? Today most catholics cherry pick. Most catholics decide going to Sunday mass is not for them. Most catholics use contraceptives, millions of catholics are divorced the church screams NO!!!! Most catholics and many priests/bishops want optional celibacy the church screams NO!!........and on and on.
.....I am sure catholics sit right beside you Evrey Sunday in church that don't follow all the doctrines. Cherry pickers.
....Cherry pick he says!!!...Hahahahahaha!
It is up to them to ( personally) deal with their OWN rebellious and defiant nature in going against the TRUTH of the teachings of the Catholic Church...It is one thing to be a Catholic ( in name only),,,It is another to be commited and faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church that Jesus Himself handed down to His Apostles and to the succeeding Bishops that have followed Him during the at past 2000 years.........There is always the inconsistent and self-interpreting (man made) Protestant Church (down the street) that they can join and "do whatever they want......
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#551223 Jul 24, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
It is a very personal decision. I went to Catholic school in Hong Kong and I am going again in America. I believe that the Catholic teachings are the only true teachings because I am a Catholic. A Lutheran or a Baptist would think differently. But for me the Catholic church is the one true church.
q

...So as you say if every religion past and present believes they are the one true church, then that increases the odds or makes it less likely that Yours is the one true church.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#551224 Jul 24, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And I must add that for any priest to blatantly accuse a child of child molestation should be immediately defrocked. I am so sorry this was done to you.
Priests aren't there to accuse anyone of anything. You should go to your bishop with this.
....Never stated I was molested. Focus on what I said.
Liam

United States

#551225 Jul 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Gal 2:11But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong.
11. Peter—"Cephas" in the oldest manuscripts Paul's withstanding Peter is the strongest proof that the former gives of the independence of his apostleship in relation to the other apostles, and upsets the Romish doctrine of Peter's supremacy. The apostles were not always inspired; but were so always in writing the Scriptures. If then the inspired men who wrote them were not invariably at other times infallible, much less were the uninspired men who kept them. The Christian fathers may be trusted generally as witnesses to facts, but not implicitly followed in matters of opinion.
You think because Paul rebuked Peter, then Peter wasn't the first Pope?
Listen, oh ignorant one, we have never..ever made a claim that our Popes are untouchable because they are Popes..
Francis could technically be publicly rebuked by Cardinal Dolan if he messes up.. This has happened to Popes in the past. This reply is not for you btw. You are one of the most ignorant human beings I've ever encountered. This reply is for anyone else who you might lead astray by misusing Sacred Scripture. We've explained a thousand times what "infallibility" means. Yet, you continuously misrepresent our teachings as if you never heard anything. This is ridiculous what you do. Its just like a conniving little demon. The bottom line is : when it came down to a final decision on matters of faith and morals, Peter didnt error and neither did his 266 successors.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#551226 Jul 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify your comments: I DO NOT hate the Bible only Church that I was connected with for over 35 years--despite what you might think....In fact--I am thankful for being raised in my bible only Church because the more that I studied sacred scripture (along with researching and studying over 2000 years of Church History, the more I begin to come to the knowledge and realize the TRUTH of The TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ and that HE was the one who initiated, formed and authenticated ONLY ONE TRUE (Universal) Church and it was Catholic!!!
In addition, my family still attend that bible only Church in California and whenever on a visit, I will attend Church with them----however---always making sure that it does not interfere with worshipping Jesus Christ at both daily and Sunday Mass.......The main difference is that the Catholic Church is the ONLY CHURCH that possesses the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ (only in and through) HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---which open up to the Fullness in "growing in the faith and Salvation of Our Lord...
I am sincerely glad to hear that as your posts,make that church sound awful.Seriously.

I am grateful for the nuns that taught me about Jesus and His life. Despite what anyone thinks, I don't hate your new Church..I posted a long post to USA which says what I believe regarding the RCC. I believe many Catholics love Jesus dearly ...but that does not mean others,do not believe in and love Him as,much.

I believe God uses us all to spread His word. And we should be closer. Some of my family is Catholic also.

Again glad you don't hate your old Church
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551227 Jul 24, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
Your "own personal" confession of faith parallels the words of St Peter in the book of Matthew when Jesus asked the Apostles "who do you say that I am". Peter proclaimed Jesus as the Messiah and Jesus responded::: "flesh and blood has not revealed this to you except my Father in heaven.....Yes---Lin!....Flesh and blood has not revealed to you Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church (except) if it had not been for Our a Father and Christs Father in heaven"...As-former bible only Protestant The "Spirit of a God through His Son Jesus has blessed you with Spiritual insight and revelation of the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ manifested in and through His One True Catholic Church
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551228 Jul 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sincerely glad to hear that as your posts,make that church sound awful.Seriously.
I am grateful for the nuns that taught me about Jesus and His life. Despite what anyone thinks, I don't hate your new Church..I posted a long post to USA which says what I believe regarding the RCC. I believe many Catholics love Jesus dearly ...but that does not mean others,do not believe in and love Him as,much.
I believe God uses us all to spread His word. And we should be closer. Some of my family is Catholic also.
Again glad you don't hate your old Church
Gods blessing to you and your family RoSesz!......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Jesus saves 8,642
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' 2 hr Listen to the Word 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Fri KidlatNgayon 65
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov 19 truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... (May '14) Nov 19 truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov 18 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26
Philippines prepares for pope with messages on ... Nov 17 ELIAS IBARRA 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE