Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 08

Dublin, OH

#551306 Jul 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Their fathers abandoned them.
Give me the names of "their"...
Oxbow wrote:
Where are you lying snake????
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't,'tard.
Ah am waiting!!!!!
Oxbow wrote:
Where are you lying snake????
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't,'tard.
Ah am waiting!!!!!
Repetitive nonsense from a 'tard.

"Their fathers abandoned them."

What a hoot.

Do you have the slightest clue what you're posting about?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551307 Jul 24, 2014
When a rabid dog shows its teeth and growls, humans don't ever say that it is filled with the devil. They say they were frightened by its behavior.

But many times I've heard humans claim that another person who was extremely angry looked just like "pure EVIL" indicating that the person had taken on the persona of the DEVIL.

They learned that terminology from their religious preachers.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551308 Jul 24, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the opposite. The Catholic church has endured the centuries. The others have not. It is the oldest established Christian church on earth. It has much tradition. As an Oriental I love tradition. My Chinese culture holds dear ancient traditions because they embody a connection to past times and ancestors.
By Tradition the Catholic Church is the Alpha & Omega of Churches..
The rest are of the litter..
That doesn't mean they're right..
They slaughtered true followers of Christ, and basically labeled " God " and put him on the market..
They " hijacked " Jesus and Interjected themselves as " God "

Dublin, OH

#551309 Jul 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>\\
Absolute truth....no nonsense...you got it!!! Here tis!!!
You cannot refute truth...but...keep on keeping on..
Now you know why I call you lying snake...
Not so....Requirements need to be met to be so guilty....Per your post. A requirement to be guilty is:"pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own". Never did...not guilty..
If I said "Here are my words" and then posted info from an article on the net...I would be guilty as charged...and it would be easy to prove...by you simply using your search engine...
That never happened and never will..
theft: 1.(Law) criminal law the dishonest taking of property belonging to another person with the intention of depriving the owner permanently of its possession..
Not guilty....
thief: a person who steals something from another
Not guilty...it never happened...
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I know we have been over this again and again...I keep hoping that some day you will see the truth..
I got this info from you!!!! It clearly spells out a particular requirement for there to be something plagiarized...."pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own". Never did...not guilty..
This example clarifies the truth in the info you provided!!!!
If I said "Here are my words" and then posted info from an article on the net...I would be guilty as charged...and it would be easy to prove...by you simply using your search engine...
That never happened and never will..
For a theft to have occurred you have to prove the property was taken with the intention of depriving the owner permanently of its possession..that never happened!!!!! The websites still have their info!!!!!
Not guilty...
Redundant rants and incorrect.

Plagiarism is "an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author...."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plagia...

Pay special attention to that last clause, "as by not crediting the original author".

Thief.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551310 Jul 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
No one has a special spiritual antenna. Some just spend a little more time tuning in the radio signal, as we did in the old days.....

We all are connected to " it " with spiritual antenna, it's called conscience
( Awareness )
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551311 Jul 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are no different than an evangelical Christian.. Some would even say you have a "god" your trying to promote.
"Some" would be WRONG.

I'm trying to encourage people to leave all religion ... including yours.

All you ever do is brag that Catholicism is aligned to the mindset of Jesus and God ... and the Protestants and Gnostic Christians contradict your thesis with the same story on their preferential sides of the religious COINs.

Heads versus TALES ... with no winners.

Dublin, OH

#551312 Jul 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No advance determination...their stand was/is based on them applying the law to their situation...logic says this came about from lawyers they hired to advise them...
Merriam-Webster have determined that by applying the law to their situation, their material is not fair use....that is why they say " All rights reserved. No part of the work embodied in Merriam-Webster's pages on the World Wide Web and covered by the copyrights hereon may be reproduced or copied in any form or by any meansógraphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, taping, or information storage and retrieval systemsówithout the written permission of the publisher.
Requests for permission to use or reproduce should be mailed to: Permissions Editor, Merriam-Webster Inc., P.O. Box 281, Springfield, MA
You ain't got permission...
Incorrect ignorance.

A determination can only be made when the proposed or actual use is know. As the Senate Judiciary Committee report on the Copyright Act noted, "... each case raising the question must be decided on its own facts."

Section 107 of the copyright law provides, "[T]he fair use of a copyrighted work ... is not an infringement of copyright."

And, under that section, the US Supreme Court has applied the fair use test even after a copyright holder denied a specific request for permission. Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc., 510 US 569 (1994).

Dublin, OH

#551313 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So he was a good man to teach children that those who were not Protestant would burn in hell???
Yet you are VERY offended when others suggest that YOU will spend eternity in hell for not being in their religion.
Double standards are common with religious devotees. It's the nature of those in cults.
Doesn't especially offend me.

I know it's pretend.

Perhaps your projecting.

And yes. He seems to have been a good man in the balance from what I know of him.

How does your life stack up?

Dublin, OH

#551314 Jul 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything we believe was first written by others. So everything is being plagiarized.
For instance ... some man wrote that Jesus said such and such. Is reposting fairy tales plagiarism? I suggest that the fairy tales were plagiarized without adding the real name of the real author. And not only that ... they were morphed into the concept that the tales were based on literal truth.
Yet not one signature or one word can anyone find in Jesus' own hand-writing ... which means WHAT???
Myths can and are constantly being plagiarized without a need to post the name of the authors.
Incorrect.

Plagiarism is "an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author...."

Common knowlege generally need not be credited. If we had to credit the source for everything we said or wrote, none of us would get much of anything done. And it wouldn't be possible anyway.

Where to draw the line is a fuzzy one, but if you think there is no distinction between wholesale copying of the words of someone else without credit, even their words about a matter that is common knowledge, talk to Doris Kerns Goodwin, Jason Blair, or the countless other professionals, academics, and students who have suffered more than just embarrasment or social stigma as a consequence of that.

Eh?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551315 Jul 24, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the opposite. The Catholic church has endured the centuries. The others have not. It is the oldest established Christian church on earth. It has much tradition. As an Oriental I love tradition. My Chinese culture holds dear ancient traditions because they embody a connection to past times and ancestors.
......catholic church history is more about hand me down family tradition than the actual belief itself.

.....Most catholics are so because they were born into the faith. If catholicism depended on people not being rushed to baptism by their parents at three months old but waited until they were adults to determine which belief that to follow, the catholic church would be much, much smaller than it is today.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551316 Jul 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Christian churches were following Christ's directive...there was a schism when Rome took supremacy, but even then they spread God's word.
I still believe Christ never intended the RCC to then become as a Caesar, pertaining not only priests,but kings...involved in Crusades and Inquisitiins, building a palatial Vatican with POPES unfit to tie Peters shoes ....if there was a succession of Bishops of Rome it as surely broken by ungodly men in that chair.
I also believe Christ built the Church on the FAITH in Jesus as Messiah and Saviour dying once and for all to pay a sin debt WE CAN NEVER PAY ..HE said it is finished ..and He used that revelation to Luther who was an imperfect human trying to REFORM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH .
God knew this,would happen . The RC Church after this,lost its,secular power...bibles were eventually in houses, the Faith spread to the New World much faster than only Spanish missions .......and the RCC itself was so reformed it does,not call itself Roman anymore as it did when I was a child .
We still have ONLY ONE MEDIATOR , JESUS CHRIST ..He is neither Pope/ nor High Priest , though I think some modern popes seek much more to do Gods will than their medieval predecessors. Imo again.
The Reformation was needed . GOD used it ..was,it perfect , no ...but God does use imperfection in humans..we became a country who would eventually spread the WORD and ALLY with the new country of Israel and even help it into existence .THIS WAS NO ACCIDENT .
I don't believe an only CATHOLIC bunch of colonies would have helped Israel nor spread the gospel as widely over the New nation..nor become a,powerful country to do Gods will in this .
The current scandals in ALL churches,are not God's will ..but the Catholic church is much better for the Reformation itself ...AGAIN MY OPINION and belief.
Nice to meet you
I agree with you. I think Peter was a devout believer in Christ and endured more than I could but, Peter was still just a man. I can never believe Christ built his church based on what a man said. I do believe the very foundation of any Chruch should be that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551317 Jul 24, 2014
Mi Lin wrote:
<quoted text>
All people that adore their own religions tell the same story.

It's just too bad they can't also adore other people's religions with as much passion as they adore their own.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#551318 Jul 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So please tell me " what do you know about ANYONE else's faith and salvation and commitment to Jesus Christ other than your own ability ( or inability) to quote (or better yet mis-quote and misinterpret Sacred Scripture (right along) the the rest of your other 42,200+ contradicting and inconsistent "self-appointed Bible Only interpreting "hack" preachers, ministers and self-proclaimed experts????????..For your information, being a former bible only Protestant for over 35 years---I grew up reading, studying and researching the bible:----2 years of confirmation bible study. One year of bible school, 4years bible University study , 2 years of pre-theology bible and Church history research and later 7 years of bible study fellowship --so it is obvious that you are talking through your Protestant " Martin Luther monocle"----in other words : a You have absolutely " no idea" as to what you are talking about which is " no surprise " to ANY of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible which came in 397 AD from the Early Church Father " who wrote it and interpreted it!!!!!
Yeah yeah. You know the tuth because you're Cathoic. You're so full of crap.

Your early Church father wrote the Bible and has the only true interpretation? You sound more like a demonic minion and a follower of men.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551319 Jul 24, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I think Peter was a devout believer in Christ
Peter was a character in a play, as was and is Santa Claus.

As does your supposed God ... Santa also punishes bad behavior by not bringing gifts to those who offend him.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551320 Jul 24, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
So who's arguing?

You haven't got a clue who wrote biblical scriptures, yet all users of the words plagiarize without so much as giving "credits" to anyone but a supposed mythical god.

Ridiculous blather.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551321 Jul 24, 2014
Holy dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
my spelling and structure is foreign English
but you are stupid and goof to spread rascistic predujicial remarks against foreigners on worldwide open Forum to all nations and languages, not only for idiots like you, you little sucker hateful cockroach?
for sure China Monkey are more smarter from half d...heads like you and all of you low IQ American peasants?
just stop use rascistic remarks,because Topix remove you from posting hateful craps around,
sesh
You poor POS
illiterate low descency alcoholic and drug sniffer, for sure RCC wicked member serving devil and concrete idols?
grosse Schwanz.
if you got brain of dead cockroach in human skull, write to me in my own language,you little goof rascistic psychopath
...Hello Shrink.
.....I am so glad you have a positive outlook on life. Your an inspiration! to all of us.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551322 Jul 24, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't especially offend me.
I know it's pretend.
Perhaps your projecting.
And yes. He seems to have been a good man in the balance from what I know of him.
How does your life stack up?
If I told you I thought that I am more honest than Billy Graham, would you be convinced???

NAHHHH ... you wouldn't ... and neither should you, as I bullshit a lot ... as does Billy.

The only difference between Billy's behavior and mine is that I don't pretend to preach on behalf of a god as does Billy.

I just cut right to the chase and admit that I'm full of bullshit.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551323 Jul 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the Catholics were given a canon of Scripture and after careful study, decided that Peter was the first Pope etc etc? You have to get it out of your mind on what Scripture is. Its difficult for me to understand why you all believe as if the apostles simply handed out a few of their writings. Nowhere in the Bible is the protestant approach to the Bible taught. And the funny thing is: even under your verse verse verse microscope, Catholicism still passes with flying colors.
"You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church". From there on, Simon was no longer called Simon, he was called Rock. In the Book of Acts we read "Peter stood up; Peter spoke". It never says "Simon (who's faith is like a rock) stood up".
Hello Clay,

Jesus' church wasn't built on Peter..........

Jesus' church was built on the truth about the divine "Person," "Jesus Christ."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551324 Jul 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
......It is up to them to ( personally) deal with their OWN rebellious and defiant nature in going against the TRUTH of the teachings of the Catholic Church.......
.....What you are saying is that those not catholic, have a rebellious and defiant nature?

OMG!!! OMG!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#551325 Jul 24, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
No one has a special spiritual antenna. Some just spend a little more time tuning in the radio signal, as we did in the old days.....
We all are connected to " it " with spiritual antenna, it's called conscience
( Awareness )
I disagree that your antenna is attuned to anything but your emotional gravity which is earthbound and more often than not as unruly as any other emotion animal.

Threaten a mother mouse and see how she will try to defend her little ones against all odds ... and you will witness sheer bravery.

The supposed god of your worship however (according to whacked out theology) rejects his own to hell for the least little grievance such as his whining stance ... "You refused to worship me ... WAAAAAAAA!!!"

Idiocy!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web