Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,152
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Mississauga, Canada

#550763 Jul 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't give me this crap about Babylon being a code name for Rome, for IF it is, then you should be smart enough to get out of that hole since Jesus makes it PLAIN that he is going to destroy Mystery Babylon.
your early church knew that Jesus was talking about Rome as the city that He is going to destroy and they tried to take that Book out of the Bible but God would not allow that to occur.
He has given 2000 years of Warning, yet ignorant people refuse to flee from the rcc, while the smart ones leave, like RoS, Disciple, Chuck, just on this Forum.
getting back to Peter, the Bible makes it clear that Peter was the Apostle to the Jews while Paul also makes it plain that he was chosen to be the Apostle to the Gentile, so If you follow Peter, you must be Jewish. if not, you are a liar. which is it? it is ONE or the Other.
I am glad this did come up since last night, God dealt with me over Babylon, and It isn't a code name for rome, nor is it a small town, down in Egypt.
BABYLON IS RIGHT WHERE IT ALWAYS WAS. AND rome is where it is until He comes back. and then it will look worse than Gaza because no one will escape, I can see those old geezers as they lift up their garments and try to run.lol
RCC'S HAS NO BIBLE TEACHING AND WHAT THEY DO HAVE IS VERY LITTLE.
THEY DON'T LIKE THE BOOKS OF HEBREWS EITHER.
STARC CLAIMING THAT ROME, IS BABYLON JUST SHOWS ARE ILLITERATE RCC ARE OF GOD'S HOLY WORD.
WHEN HIS WRATH IS TURNED ONTO THIS EVIL INSTITUTION THAT HAS DONE THE DEVILS BIDDING FOR EON'S THEY WILL SEE THE TRUTH.
I PRAY ITS NOT TO LATE. IT'S sad TO SEE THEM PUT SO MUCH FAITH IN TO THIS FALSE CHURCH.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#550764 Jul 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN, DOESNT THE TRUTH MATTER TO YOU?
?
Of course!.....that is "exactly" why I follow, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of over 2.000 years of the TRUE teachings in the Gospel of Jesus Christ HIMSELF which is the ONLY revealed historical and biblical TRUTH manifested in Jesus Christ and HIS One ( and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.......Your 21st century bible only Protestant "fictitious"Church history books are filled with distortions, misrepresentations, perverted and twisted conclusions that rely on anti-catholic "make-it-up-as-you go history myths in order to further your own bible only "disjointed" agenda....Go fight with Oxbow!....You two half-truth , half-heresy Christians ( deserve each other)!!!!!
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550765 Jul 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>HOJO, doesn't the Truth matter to you at all?
the dates that she used to claim that peter was the first pope are LIES. don't you care?
Fundamentalism has nothing to do with the lies of star. so don't blame us.
AGAIN, DOESNT THE TRUTH MATTER TO YOU?
are you so jaded that you just don't care what is the truth or what is lies?
Historical writings and actions of the RCC, do not reflect the teaching of Christ or His Apostles.

Are you aware of any RCC text prior to Constantine?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#550766 Jul 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course!.....that is "exactly" why I follow, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of over 2.000 years of the TRUE teachings in the Gospel of Jesus Christ HIMSELF which is the ONLY revealed historical and biblical TRUTH manifested in Jesus Christ and HIS One ( and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.......Your 21st century bible only Protestant "fictitious"Church history books are filled with distortions, misrepresentations, perverted and twisted conclusions that rely on anti-catholic "make-it-up-as-you go history myths in order to further your own bible only "disjointed" agenda....Go fight with Oxbow!....You two half-truth , half-heresy Christians ( deserve each other)!!!!!
~~~

I would rather be blessed of God than attempt to be a part of those that believe that they have upstaged Him and his word...

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law (word )of the LORD; and in his law (word) doth he meditate day and night.

Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psa 1:4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Psa 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#550767 Jul 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro_29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law,(GOD'S WORD) happy is he.
That is EXACTLY why Jesus Christ's One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church has been preaching and ministering THAT SAME TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ for over 2000 years
As the ONLY TRUE interpretation of the TRUE Word of God which (you Confrinting ) have rejected in favor of your own disjointed and twisted (personal opinion)......

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#550768 Jul 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
then WHY don't you tell star that her dates are LIES? That peter was in Israel, not ROME.

SIMPLE AS THAT.
LTM

Mississauga, Canada

#550769 Jul 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Just b/c he was our first Pope does not mean that he went to Rome immediately.
Holy Scriptures does say he went "somewhere else. "
Read this
" The people (knowing that Peter was in Prison), told Rhoda that she is beside herself, that it is Peter’s Angel. But when they went to the gate and saw that it was Peter everyone was astonished. Peter motioned for them to keep silent and to tell James and the Brethern
about this. Then scripture
says that
Peter went
somewhere else. Acts 12:17
Scripture goes on to say that when daylight hit, King Herod was angry that Peter had escaped and that they could not find him. So King Herod examined the guards, and decided that they should be killed. Afterwards King Herod leaves Judea (Jerusalem) and heads to Caesarea.(This explains Acts chapter 12 all the way through verse 19)"
Scholars (not self appointed pastors) agree that Peter went to Rome
...since he was being persecuted & jailed in Jerusalem, why would he say exactly where he was going?
You might not remember, or not, a few years ago we went through this whole subject of 13
The chosen one**at Babylon sends you
greeting, as does Mark, my son."
**[5:13] The chosen one: feminine, referring to the Christian community (ekkl&#275;sia) at Babylon, the code name for Rome in Rev 14:8; 17:5; 18:2. Mark, my son: traditionally a prominent disciple of Peter and co-worker at the church in Rome, perhaps the John Mark referred to in Acts 12:12, 25; 13:5, 13; and in Acts 15:37–39, a companion of Barnabas. Perhaps this is the same Mark mentioned as Barnabas’s cousin in Col 4:10, a co-worker with Paul in Phlm 24 (see also
2 Tm 4:11)."
STARC. ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT TO CHANGE YOUR MIND, ABOUT ROME, BEING BABYLON
Revelation 17:1-2 tells us,“Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me,‘Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.’” Revelation 17:5 goes on to say,“And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” Who is this “wh-- of Babylon” and what is “mystery Babylon”?
The fact that the wh-- of Babylon is referred to as a mystery means that we cannot be completely certain as to her identity. The passage does give us some clues, however. Revelation 17:9 explains,“This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.” Many commentators link this passage with the Roman Catholic Church because in ancient times, the city of Rome was known as “the city on seven hills” because there are seven prominent hills that surround the city. However, verse 10 goes on to explain that the seven hills represent 7 kings or kingdoms, five of which have fallen, one that is and one that is to come. Therefore, the "wh--- of Babylon" cannot refer exclusively to Rome. Revelation 17:15 tells us,“Then the angel said to me,‘The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.’” The wh--- of Babylon will have great worldwide influence over people and nations. Verses 10-14 describe a series of eight and then ten kings who affiliate with the beast. The wh-- of Babylon will at one time have control over these kings (Revelation 17:18), but at some point the kings will turn on her and destroy her (Revelation 17:16).
So, can the mystery of the wh--- of Babylon be solved? Yes, at least partially. The wh-- of Babylon is an evil world system, controlled by the Antichrist, during the last days before Jesus’ return. The wh-- of Babylon also has religious connotations – spiritual adultery with the beast being the focus of an ungodly, end-times religious system.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#550770 Jul 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it about "all rights are reserved; nothing may be done with a copyrighted work without explicit permission" do you not understand??? Its a requirement....
This is why Merrian-Webster plainly declares, regards its copyrighted material:
WEBSTER'S UNABRIDGED, WEBSTER'S THIRD NEW INTERNATIONAL AND DESIGN, MERRIAM-WEBSTER'S COLLEGIATE DICTIONARY AND DESIGN, and CIRCLE WITH NW MONOGRAM AND WEBSTER'S, are trademarks of Merriam-Webster, Incorporated.
All rights reserved. No part of the work embodied in Merriam-Webster's pages on the World Wide Web and covered by the copyrights hereon may be reproduced or copied in any form or by any means—graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, taping, or information storage and retrieval systems—without the written permission of the publisher.
You ain't got permission...
Hey, dummy, the phrase you quoted, "all rights are reserved; nothing may be done with a copyrighted work without explicit permission", actually does not appear in the Merriam-Webster copyright notice.

Perhaps you stole it without credit from here:

http://www.iusmentis.com/copyright/allrightsr...

Regardless, I have permission from here:

17 US Code § 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use:
US Copyright Law wrote:
<quoted text>
[T]he fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.
By merely placing a copyright claim on their material, the Merriam-Webster has agreed, in writing, to permitting fair use under that section of the law.

They cannot negate that.

To quote the US Copyright Office:
Copyright Office wrote:
<quoted text>One of the rights accorded to the owner of copyright is the right to reproduce or to authorize others to reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords. This right is subject to certain limitations found in sections 107 through 118 of the copyright law (title 17, U. S. Code). One of the more important limitations is the doctrine of “fair use.” The doctrine of fair use has developed through a substantial number of court decisions over the years and has been codified in section 107 of the copyright law.
Suck to be dumb as well as a thief, eh,'tard?
Just Sayin

United States

#550771 Jul 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Why is it none of these things you witnessed yourself?
...Every year a few women around the world claim to see images of Jesus or Mary on their toast or in the clouds, its always women., and that it always means bad news is coming. If no one knows what a Mary/Jesus would have looked like how could their images appear anywhere?...(lol)
.....Send me that toy car that operates without batteries I will pay you $$$$Ash!!
Sorry, I didn't mean to be obscure: I witnessed those things (except computer typing by itself) and more. And not every witness to phenom at this house were female. Not everyone was religious either.

As for images on toast, I have nothing to say. I've seen a cloud look like a dragon...who knows what a dragon looks like since none seem to exist (other than the Komodo)?

Once we moved from that house, such activities ceased. The toy car never acted up after that, at least while I had it. My child outgrew it and it went to the goodwill. See, the house was haunted, not the car. I firmly believe that places can be turned into portals...where the veil that normally shields us from the other side...gets worn thin by certain activities...certain willful acts of people. Evil acts open a portal to evil...

What do you think?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550772 Jul 21, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I didn't mean to be obscure: I witnessed those things (except computer typing by itself) and more. And not every witness to phenom at this house were female. Not everyone was religious either.
As for images on toast, I have nothing to say. I've seen a cloud look like a dragon...who knows what a dragon looks like since none seem to exist (other than the Komodo)?
Once we moved from that house, such activities ceased. The toy car never acted up after that, at least while I had it. My child outgrew it and it went to the goodwill. See, the house was haunted, not the car. I firmly believe that places can be turned into portals...where the veil that normally shields us from the other side...gets worn thin by certain activities...certain willful acts of people. Evil acts open a portal to evil...
What do you think?
...I have never experienced anything like you describe. I use to go through old abandoned houses scavaging. Nothing unusual happened.

....Who am I to say your wrong? I am almost 65 so it won't be too long and I will be on the other side.(lol)

#550773 Jul 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is EXACTLY why Jesus Christ's One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church has been preaching and ministering THAT SAME TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ for over 2000 years
As the ONLY TRUE interpretation of the TRUE Word of God which (you Confrinting ) have rejected in favor of your own disjointed and twisted (personal opinion)......
Some how i just cant find any where in God's word where ANY ONE HAS EVER BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN UPSTAGING the words of the one that SPOKE THE WORLDS INTO EXISTENCE..

THOSE THAT BELIEVE THEY CAN......(TO THEIR SORROW) THEY WILL WILL FIND THAT GOD WILL PREVAIL

AND THEY WILL FAIL as his enemies have over the centuries..

those that tried it in the old testament were not successful...

NEITHER WILL YOU..

#550774 Jul 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some how i just cant find any where in God's word where ANY ONE HAS EVER BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN UPSTAGING the words of the one that SPOKE THE WORLDS INTO EXISTENCE..

THOSE THAT BELIEVE THEY CAN......(TO THEIR SORROW) WILL FIND THAT GOD WILL PREVAIL.

AND THEY WILL FAIL a

As GOD'S enemies have over the centuries..

those that tried TO UPSTAGE HIM in the old testament were not successful...

NEITHER WILL YOU...BE...
Just Sayin

United States

#550775 Jul 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I have never experienced anything like you describe. I use to go through old abandoned houses scavaging. Nothing unusual happened.
....Who am I to say your wrong? I am almost 65 so it won't be too long and I will be on the other side.(lol)
I find it difficult to imagine not having been witness to some kind of supernatural element. One of my earliest memories: I was asleep in my crib...was between 2 and 3.5 years old... I am awakened by the crib violently bouncing up and down. It bounced about 5 times. I then lay awake for hours. Scared to move. This happened a couple times. Now it would be easy to dismiss this as a dream or faulty memory, I know. And I have no way to prove it. When I was about 12 years old, my dad told me how one night he was suddenly woken by the undeniable feeling that there was something in the room...a presence, cold, looking at him. He summoned his courage to raise up and look. The thing was a blacker than black shadow shaped as one cloaked and very tall. He said it knew him...had been watching him, and it communicated to my dad without words and dad was terrified, petrified. He had never experienced anything like it. This malice, this evil was personal and it offered him a proposal. Dad said he turned over in a panic, put the pillow over his head and "prayed like never before". It eventually dissapated, but the feeling lingered for weeks. Dad never would tell me what it's proposal was.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#550776 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
THOSE THAT BELIEVE THEY CAN......(TO THEIR SORROW) THEY WILL WILL FIND THAT GOD WILL PREVAIL
NEITHER WILL YOU..
Sorry Confrinting, but I am NOT answerable to you or "any other" self appointed bible only "gun slinging" (soap box) preacher regarding my own personal faith, Salvation and relationship to Jesus Christ and the ONLY TRUE (Universal) Catholic Church that HE -----yes HE ---gave
us,,,,,,,Until YOU come to the TRUTH of TRUE salvation in Jesus Christ ( in and through His one True Catholic Church from over 2000 years ago....this misquoting and mis-interpret of Sacred Scripture will continue ........
marge

Ames, IA

#550777 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Pro_29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law,(GOD'S WORD) happy is he.
Amen.

Can I ask you a question? Do you see many people with unrepented sin that don't partake in communion? I saw a man weep once because of that, it was very sad.
Just Sayin

United States

#550778 Jul 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I, too, am fascinated with abandoned buildings, though I rarely get to actually visit them in person. I never got the heebie *jeebies, though. Never witnessed anything extraordinary. Interestingly enough, I *did* get the heebie *jeebies many times while in the church building I was raised in. You will find it funny, perhaps, that years later (17 or so), my family and I were at the Christmas parade standing on the sidewalk in front of that church and my nephew (5 yrs old) had to pee, so I walked him into the bushes in front of the church building, he did his business, and upon zipping up, made this casual remark "satan lives there."
marge

Ames, IA

#550779 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
I would rather be blessed of God than attempt to be a part of those that believe that they have upstaged Him and his word...
Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law (word )of the LORD; and in his law (word) doth he meditate day and night.
Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Psa 1:4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Psa 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
Amen.

Say, do you say these verses before you have communion?

27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
marge

Ames, IA

#550780 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
NEITHER WILL YOU..
Yep
Just Sayin

United States

#550781 Jul 21, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
Say, do you say these verses before you have communion?
27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
How can one be guilty of the body and blood of The Lord if one par takes of it unworthily and how can one eat and drink damnation upon themselves when partaking unworthily unless Christ's body and blood were actually present?

Is one guilty of murder when they desecrate a photo of someone?

#550782 Jul 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Confrinting, but I am NOT answerable to you or "any other" self appointed bible only "gun slinging" (soap box) preacher regarding my own personal faith, Salvation and relationship to Jesus Christ and the ONLY TRUE (Universal) Catholic Church that HE -----yes HE ---gave
us,,,,,,,Until YOU come to the TRUTH of TRUE salvation in Jesus Christ ( in and through His one True Catholic Church from over 2000 years ago....this misquoting and mis-interpret of Sacred Scripture will continue ........
~~~

I"m not Roman Catholic...I have not invited you to be answerable to me nor the Church I pastor

i DON'T PRESENT ME...I can't save you .... only God can forgive sins

I strive to PRESENT GOD'S WORD ...striving to follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit..
to show you the way to be saved.

.If you came to God because of me and God hasn't called you...YOU WOULD NEVER BECOME THE PERSON THAT GOD DESIGNED YOU TO BE.

.You would be in the same OLE deceived condition that you are now. CONTROLLED; BY A RELIGIOUS SPIRIT.... THINKING YOU ARE SAVED ...BUT DECEIVED...

Jesus said

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day..

When and if you are called...YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... 15 hr Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mon Jaimie 83,958
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Cultastic 8,911
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
More from around the web