Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646336 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#550638 Jul 20, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
June bug, the only reason we believe ours is true The True Church is b/c Jesus only started ONE Church, all others are man-made and started by someone who had their own interpretation of Holy Scripture ....
This is why they do not agree on lots of what the Bible teaches.
As you can see the arguments on this thread.
Their churches are a spin off of a spin off, of a spin off, to the point where there is over 42k little churches
jesus never built a church, he told no one to build a church, man built the churches for profit reasons, Jesus' disciples were told to go amongst his fathers children and spread his fathers word, he would not build a pagan/christian church, how foolish a thought.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#550639 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, Jesus is entrusting you, a man, to get the Scripture interpretations right?
You're being a little tough on Peter in light of Mark 8:33. After all, he was only an apprentice then and didn't understand what was going on.
"Very truly I say to you, when you were young you dressed yourself and went where you wanted. But when you are old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will dress you, and lead you where you do not want to go."
Peter was eventually executed in Rome. So there is no Bible verse that explicitly says this? So what? Why does every detail of Peter's life need to be recorded in Scripture?
We were all entrusted with the Words of God and Christ. I learn from the Bible. I don't know everything and never will. I know enough to determine if someone is teaching against the scripture and calling it truth. That's important.

It appears I was hard on Peter but I was trying to make my point that Peter was a man. I know what Peter endured.

There is no Historical proof Peter was ever in Rome. We're not discussing every detail of Peter's life. How could we know? It's the RCC who exalts Peter, shouldn't we want to know why?

usa

#550640 Jul 20, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but He did say "build My Church" and that's what his Apostles did.
upon this rock i will build my church, he built his church on the foundation of peters belief on who jesus really was, peter was never a pope, but he lead the apostles along with john, who had more to do with the church than peter did if you read his letters carefully, not what's in the bible but the letters that the RC left out. the bible is built on a design by man, 100 of them organized by Constantine, that combined pagan an christian beliefs to create the RC. Rome was a pagan nation through out it's reign, then constantine came along and saw that the people of Rome were not happy with christians in their country, so to keep peace Constantine brought together 100 men to come up with the new religion to keep both pagans and Christians happy. look up pagan holiday dates, your going to tell me that by coincidence, catholic an pagan holidays including jesus' birthday ALL fall on the same time? no meddling by man, but they just happened that way? no one knows when Jesus was born "if he was born at all" or he could of been the leader of the group of men Constantine put together, being Jewish that's not likely, he would condemn the group not join it, nowhere in or outt of the bible is it written that one religion is " THE " religion of god, ANSWER THIS QUESTION ANYONE!! does jesus ever call himself a holy man, give himself a name example priest? pope? bishop? no he doesn't and he does not call his disciples any of those names, so where do they come from?
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#550641 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So you sincerely believe that we Catholics teach that the Priest is equal to Jesus? Equal?? This is your sincere conclusion? I ain't buying it. I believe you came across an anti Catholic website that plucked this phrase from some writing. And now you're misrepresenting what we believe about the Priesthood.
I never said that all Catholics teach anything. Is what I posted in the Catholic book or not? What does it mean if it doesn't mean what it says?
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#550642 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that all Catholics teach anything. Is what I posted in the Catholic book or not? What does it mean if it doesn't mean what it says?
LIAM, never mind. It doesn't matter. I'm glad you don't believe priests are equal to Christ.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550643 Jul 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he saved up his Speedway points for a cushy retirement.
So, no. That never happened before.
Heck. They didn't even have Speedways until the 12th century.
I have to learn ya everything?
You missed the mark by a mile!!!!

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#550644 Jul 20, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Leaders of any Church needs protection from the far left radical homosexual atheists.
Or from the fathers of the tens of thousands of children they raped and tortured.

usa

#550645 Jul 20, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro, YOUR RIGHT NOT MUCH HAS CHANGED. AND YOUR RIGHT GOD DIDN'T CREATE ANY RELIGION. BECAUSE RELIGIONS CONDEMN MAN , AND KEEP THEM IN BONDAGE TO A SYSTEM OF BELIEF'S.
GEESE ARE VERY AGRESSIVE WHEN THREATEN JETHRO, IF YOU CALL THE SPCA IN YOUR AREA THEY WOULD PLACE IT WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KEEP HIM. DOES HE FLY??
WE CAN CHAT ALONG TIME ON HERE, AND I WOULD LIKE THAT VERY MUCH.
I AM TRYING TO ADJUST TO AN EMPTY HOUSE, THERE IS JUST ME AND MY HUSBAND NOW, I WENT FROM COOKING FOR 8 EVERYNIGHT; SOMETIMES UP TO 17 PEOPLE . I AM BORED.
ITS LIGHTER ON MY GROCERY BILL . MY DAUGHTER HAS PDS, SHE WAS DRINKING TO GET RID OF FLASH BACKS, AND IT ONLY MADE IT WORST.
SHE HAS TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO KILL HERSELF.
THE LAST TIME SHE WAS GONE , THEY FLEW HER FROM CHAPLEAU TO SUDBURY.
AND REVIVED HER ON THE WAY.
THE SAD PART IS HER DAUGHTER WAS ONLY 13 SHE WAS ALONE WHEN SHE FOUND HER MOM THAT WAY.
SHE STARTED CUTTING HERSELF, THEIR DOING GOOD NOW, SHE IS LIVING BACK WITH HER MOM, AND IS HAPPY HAS A JOB AT THE YMCA SHE IS GREAT WITH KIDS.
I HAD PRESTON, AND CONFRINTING AND EVERYONE ELSE PRAYING FOR MY FAMILY. I KNOW IN MY HEART HE ANSWERED THOSE PRAYERS.
YOU TAKE CARE JETHRO, I KNOW YOU DON'T BELIEVE BUT THAT'S OK , YOUR A DEAR PERSON , I WILL KEEP PRAYING FOR YOU.
wow your family is that big? you cooked for all those people? did any of them help out? very sorry to hear about your daughter, i didn't know she was ill, or i just don't remember, the chemo drug i take causes short term memory loss, which stinks because i have forgotten important events, people know i have this problem, you'd think someone would grab a phone call me and remind me, geez, the goose is OK, he's not aggressive but very curious, you go out back he comes right over and has to know what your doing. eats constantly, and the problem is it craps 2 pounds a day, the same amount of crap hojo spouts per day, lmao, sorry but i couldn't resist that one, i apologize. I have to ask why you cooked for so many people all the time?? they hit hard times or something? i like to cook for groups of 8 to 10 people once in awhile, no help needed, but to do it on a daily basis, I'd do it but i would expect some help in the kitchen, now i cook for 3 me, my sister and a brother, they are living with me, my sister broke up with her 35 yrs together, he was becoming verbally abusive then he kicked her one day, and that was it, she was gone. he went to a doctor to find out why he is changing like this, they did a bunch of tests, MRI showed his brain is shrinking, they don't know what's causing it, and my sister didn't want to stick around before it escalated, knowing him it would have, so she's here, my brother is a drunk, is on disability for some reason i don't understand. if he doesn't straighten himself out he'll lose this place real quick and end up homeless, my sister too. my oldest brother died back in December just before Christmas, and my other brother is living in N.H. with wife two wonderful kids and sadly for him, no dog, his son is very allergic to dogs/cats and peanuts and gluten. they have to be careful with him. he's doing ok in good shape financially, has the normal aches an pains of aging, he's 45, ten years younger than me, and my older brother was 10 years older than me. my sisters are 58 and 56 i think and my youngest brother is 44. I'm om disability myself by force not willingly trying to work and take the chemo drug was killing me, i lost 35-40 lbs. in less than 3 months, so the doctors said it's time to stop, i didn't have a sit down shuffle papers and doodle to pass the time type job, I worked, had to run a computer system that was and machine that was 3 floors high, and it had to be loaded with raw materials " i made vitamins" every day 14,000 lbs a day sometimes more, it kept me in great shape, but once i started the chemo it was down hill.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550646 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wanna know what the Catholic Church teaches, then go to a Catholic site or pick up the catechism. Any man who goes to a radical anti Catholic website to get their info, is not sincere in their faith.
Michael

Canada

#550647 Jul 20, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE SCRIPTURE' ABOVE WHERE JESUS CONNECTED THE ABOVE SCRIPTURES WITH CATHOLICISM.....
AND NO ONE CAN PRODUCE A SCRIPTURE WHERE JESUS DID
.....Interesting!
Michael

Canada

#550648 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wanna know what the Catholic Church teaches, then go to a Catholic site or pick up the catechism. Any man who goes to a radical anti Catholic website to get their info, is not sincere in their faith.
...then why are you here?
Michael

Canada

#550649 Jul 20, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>HI June's protection: I don't come on here and be critical of a person that gave her life to live in poverty in India helping the poor. Do you agree we should not come on here and say how horrible a person is that helped the poor?
...We all know that mother Teresa did good. If we really cared! I mean Really cared! We would live a life like her.

...There are thousands who give up their life to help those in need, and they do so anonomously.

...Religion divides us. That's whats sad.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#550650 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
the site still has its info
That's not a requirement for plagiarism, thief.
Michael

Canada

#550651 Jul 20, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> I read the same story in my local paper, if he knows how many he must know who, and why doesn't he get rid of them, do the moral thing and turn these people over to the authorities?
..Hi Jethro hope your having a good day.

.... If the Pope/Cardinals know the numbers he must know who they are. Where was Pope Francis voice about this issue two years when he was the cardinal in Argentina, and we know abuses ran rampant there and little was done? Are the cardinals not in communication with each other?

....something is wrong, and its a long way from being over.

...There are many good people who work hard for the church, yet every time we pick up the paper or watch the news church leaders have screwed them over again making fools of the followers with another scandal.

.....The church needs to lay ALL the cards on the table, take their lumps and hope to move on.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#550652 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't go to radical or anti-Catholic websites. You can find information about the RCC from Catholic websites and I will go there.

Since the Catholic church claims to be the only true church, it shouldn't be surprising that some would want to understand the beginning and progression of the church.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550653 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't go to radical or anti-Catholic websites. You can find information about the RCC from Catholic websites and I will go there.
Since the Catholic church claims to be the only true church, it shouldn't be surprising that some would want to understand the beginning and progression of the church.
Well I clicked on your earlier link and the Catholic faith was really misrepresented. Often times, posters will cite these quotes from a piece written hundreds of years ago, then try and present it as official Catholic teaching by taking it out of context. The catechism is available online....you could also go to sites like www.catholic.com or www.scripturecatholic.com .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550654 Jul 20, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a requirement for plagiarism, thief.
Michael

Canada

#550655 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
....(lol). Each of the 42,201 protestant/catholic churches believe they are the one true church. Jews believe they are too, same with Muslims.

.......When there is a winner let me know
YTubeMideastNews

Marietta, GA

#550657 Jul 20, 2014

*Russia & MUSLIMS' nearing Demise by ISRAEL :(*Bible)

http://youtu.be/CaaYXr9zPfI

Chess

Columbus, OH

#550658 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're still a thief

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web