Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703878 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550686 Jul 20, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite your sources, thief:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/theft
Oh. And further down on the same page:
"Theft
See also crime....

1. the verbatim copying or imitation of the language, ideas, or thoughts of another author and representing them as one’s own original work.
2. the material so appropriated. Also plagiary.— plagiarist, n.— plagiaristic, adj."
Oops.
And as already noted, from Merriam-Webster:
PLAGIARIZE
transitive verb
: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
intransitive verb
: to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...
Thief.
In the US prosecutors can choose to pursue criminal charges on any copyright infringement that is both commercial in nature and involves goods with more than $1,000 in retail value.

Not guilty....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#550687 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter ordained this guy Bishop of Antioch before he went to Rome to be martyred.
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
It really comes down to what you want to believe. We can all open up our Bibles and see whatever we want. You claim "if Peter being in Rome isn't documented in Scripture, then it aint true". Well, that's an interesting way to read Scripture, since Christ never mentions anything about reading it like that. In fact, you'd have to fast forward to the year 1600 AD before you would find people who claim everything about Christianity is in the Bible.
We know the Word of God is Eternal, we trust are Bibles are True.

That Truth has proven efficient to myself and walk with Jesus. Your saying that is not enough for you, and you go to man for it, I would never do that, we are to love God first..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#550689 Jul 20, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We know the Word of God is Eternal, we trust are Bibles are True.
That Truth has proven efficient to myself and walk with Jesus. Your saying that is not enough for you, and you go to man for it, I would never do that, we are to love God first..
Is English your FIRST language?

you sure do butcher it and that makes it difficult for you to be understood. lol

My 2 y/o can put words together better that YOU can.

Black heart? YEP!!!!!!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#550690 Jul 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US prosecutors can choose to pursue criminal charges on any copyright infringement that is both commercial in nature and involves goods with more than $1,000 in retail value.
Not guilty....
We've already been over this.

From the University of Connecticut Libraries:

"It is possible to plagiarize without violating copyright, and it is possible to infringe on another's copyright without plagiarizing. It is also possible to both plagiarize and violate copyright at the same time."

http://www.lib.uconn.edu/copyright/plagiarism...

From Webster:

PLAGIARIZE

transitive verb

: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...

Thief.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#550691 Jul 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there is NO Biblical Scripture to back up this foolishness.
Paul was already at Antioch, before Peter, couldn't he have done it?
Of course He could have and His appointment would have been more certain since paul was the Apostle to the gentiles, NOT PETER.LOL.
Paul only had that Authority, NOT PETER.
How do you know Paul was in Antioch before Peter? I'll let the current Antiochian orthodox church explain their history to you:

www.antiochian.org/patofant
Michael

Canada

#550692 Jul 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not open links posted on this site.
From the title , ha ha ha. If they are women priests they are protestants!
.....If Anthony, ReginaM., Liam sent you a
Ink you wouldn't open it....right?

....The point is many catholics today want change. Did you know star that just a few years ago 160 catholic priests in Milwaukee wrote a letter to their bishop wanting optional celibacy, and other priests across america are wanting change? Did you know that?

.....Most of these women ordaing themselves are former nuns or devout women in he church.

.....What this shows that there are growing discensions among many of the most devout catholics in the church.

....25 years ago this was unheard of

Ha, ha, ha to you too.
Michael

Canada

#550693 Jul 21, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Same can be said for atheists.
You'll know when it's over.
....what happens to you happens to me happens to June happens to everyone.

....I'll see you on the other side. Your not afraid are you??
hojo

Waconia, MN

#550694 Jul 21, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
GO GET YOUR BIBLE STARC, READ THE VERSE'S I GAVE YOU. YOU WILL SEE WHAT I POSTED IS IN THE CATHOLIC BIBLE. I HAVE MY HUSBANDS GRANDMOTHER'S BIBLE SHE READ EVERY NIGHT, AT 9PM. TILL SHE FALL ASLEEP.
THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE CHURCH, THAT COMES FROM EVERY TRIBE , TONGUE AND NATION.
IT'S A SPIRITUAL CHURCH, AND IT IS STILL BEING BUILT ONE SOUL AT A TIME.
IT'S NOT PROTESTANT, OR CATHOLIC.
BUT THAT'S YOUR BELIEF , YOUR WELCOME TO IT.
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS ANTI-CHRIST, IT HAS PUT A HUMAN BEING IN THE VERY PLACE OF ALMIGHTY GOD.
WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, HE CAN'T KEEP HIM IN A WAFER OR A BOX.
THE HOLY TRINITY, IS GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.
THERE IS NO HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD. ANY WHERE IN THE BIBLE.
SORRY STARC. you are very wrong, you have been lied to.
Your husbands grandmothers bible was published " no earlier" than in the 17th century --so what makes you think that (everything that is in theirs) is the "complete" Word of God" that, is the FULL and "COMPLETE summation) of True Church History and that there is "nothing else" when is comes to the TRUE Interpretation IN and FROM that Bible that EACH OF YOU bible only "fundies" have (contradicting and inconsistently) decided EACH ON YOUR OWN.....
Only an anti-Catholic bible only (21st century) ostrich" with their head in the sand" would believe such " .distorted and perverted nonsense!......The FACT is that the YOUR OWN interpretation of the bible has absolutely no basis of ANY biblical or historical Truth in regards to the ACTUAL and FACTUAL TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History.....The Chuch that Jesus Himself initiated, formed and authenticated in Matthew 16 was, has, is and will always remained heirarchical, authoritative and visible which is confirmed over and over in the New Testament (Acts 2) with Bishops, Priests Elders and Deacons and in TRUE Verifiable
Church History ...Paul (himself) re-affixes and confirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls the Church ( not the bible alne) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH .
Michael

Canada

#550695 Jul 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of my favorites: Clement of Rome, tied to an anchor and thrown into the sea a martyr.
St. Fabian. Beheaded by Emperor Decius, who declared to the audience "I would far rather hear of a rival to my throne than another Bishop of Rome"
.....If this went on today the general public would claim they were crazy.

....80 years ago gangsters like Al Capone were feared by everyone who lived in Chicago. Today we mortalize him and his character as a a type of folk hero.

....see how time changes perception.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#550696 Jul 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

....The point is many catholics today want change. Did you know star that just a few years ago 160 catholic priests in Milwaukee wrote a letter to their bishop wanting optional celibacy, and other priests across america are wanting change? Did you know that?
.....Most of these women ordaing themselves are former nuns or devout women in he church.
.....What this shows that there are growing discensions among many of the most devout catholics in the church.
....25 years ago this was unheard of
Ha, ha, ha to you too.
MANY Catholics want change????......MANY priests want change?????.....Hardly the
case!!........You exaggerate"everything " Michael which fits (precisely) into your anti-catholic agenda.....160 Catholic Priests wrote a letter ???????? SO WHAT!!!!!..... Let's see now---this amounts to less than 1/2 of 1/2 of 1% of all priests world wide......AGAIN---why do you care???Why does it matter to you ANYWAY.????.....YOU have rejected the Church, you have rejected Jesus Christ, you have rejected the TRUTH of the TRUE Faith of the Gospel for agnosticism, atheism or whatever you want to call yourself.....You've made your choice.!.......99.99% of ALL "celibate priests have ALSO made their choice......So go live your " isolated" choice and quit trying to undermine the faith and commitment to God, Jesus Christ and His histortically and biblically Proven One True Catholic Church that over 1.2 billion Catholics have made and THE CHOICE of thousands and thousands of CELIBATE Priests have made to God, to His Son Jesus Christ and to HIS CHURCH ........
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550697 Jul 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing we could agree on is that the Bible didn't fall from the sky.
Having said that, we certainly can learn from Scripture many historical truths. And we can learn from science and archeology a basic timeline. We know the first books of the Bible weren't written until 20-30 yrs after the Resurrection. The last Book was probably around or before 70 AD.,( since the destruction of Jerusalem isn't documented). We also know that it took a group of people to sit down and declare James, Hebrews and Timothy Biblical......and Barnabas, the gospel of Thomas and Mary Magdaline, and the Didache as 'not Biblical'. See, the Bible did not come with a list of Books to put in it and Jesus nor His apostles gave us a list. We can also learn from the Bible that Jesus Christ started a Church, not a Bible. We can see the infacy of the hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons. We can see the authority of this Church. We can read how this Church (not the Bible) is the "pillar and foundation of truth" (1tim 3:15)
Christ said He would build His church. I believe Christ's foundation was not built on Peter but the words the Holy Spirit revealed to Peter. The foundation of any church should be:

Matthew 16:16 Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#550698 Jul 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah said:
This speaks of physical judgments...some were made physically sick, others physically weak and others died...physically.. because they did not properly observe the supper...
No born again Christian lives in a state of sin....partakes of the supper irreverently... but, you don't know that....If they spent eternity in hell, it was not over this supper, but because they died without ever being born again...
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.{again: or, from above}
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.{again: or, from above}
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
You say: PLEASE GIVE BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE TO PROVE YOUR POINT
Lets be sure we are on the same page. You appear to be saying you know of no Scripture that speaks of physical judgements. You know of none that speaks of the necessity of being born again... You know of no Scripture that speaks of the changes in a person's life after the rebirth..
That being so, keeping in mind that I are only a layman , and you claim to have been a pastor since the devil was a young boy (exaggeration), I will be happy to tutor you, if you ask for my tutorship stating that you need it...
I am not even in the same book with you let alone the same page....

I don't work in a stable where horses are kept,.

I am posting here about a sacred relationship between God and his creation..Given to us .through The application of the precious blood of our Lord and savior..Jesus Christ .for the salvation of souls

For you to imply that horse manure has any thing to do with the subject ....only reveals the depravity of your own soul.

I suggest you read this scripture and apply .it...

the prerequisite of answers is ,,

SANCTIFICATION

SANCTIFY

G37
&#945;&#788;&#947; &#953;&#945;&#769; &#950;&#969;
hagiazo&#772;
hag-ee-ad'-zo
From G40; to make holy, that is,(ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:- hallow, be holy, sanctify.

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

1Pe 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

1Pe 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

CLEAN UP YOUR VOCABULARY AND CEASE THE NAME CALLING

.i DON'T EAT MY PHYSICAL FOOD FROM A DIRTY VESSEL

AND I DON'T RECEIVE MY SPIRITUAL FOOD FROM A FILTHY MOUTH......HEART

.Mat_12:34 .......... how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550699 Jul 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter ordained this guy Bishop of Antioch before he went to Rome to be martyred.
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
It really comes down to what you want to believe. We can all open up our Bibles and see whatever we want. You claim "if Peter being in Rome isn't documented in Scripture, then it aint true". Well, that's an interesting way to read Scripture, since Christ never mentions anything about reading it like that. In fact, you'd have to fast forward to the year 1600 AD before you would find people who claim everything about Christianity is in the Bible.
I believe that if Christ was to build is church on a man, the scriptures would say that.
Paul told us when the term "Christianity" was first used and it was way before 1600.

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch

Either the Bible is the Word of God and Christ or it isn't. If we believe it is, then we should read and study it. It's not about "Bible only" but Bible first.

Location hidden

#550700 Jul 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know Paul was in Antioch before Peter? I'll let the current Antiochian orthodox church explain their history to you:
www.antiochian.org/patofant
well, Paul had to have been in Antioch before Peter came there, because that is what the Bible says. Gal. 2:11.

but hey, ignore that Biblical Truth just as catholics do everything else.

and then you think that you can eat a piece of grain and make it to heaven? lol

#550701 Jul 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
MANY Catholics want change????......MANY priests want change?????.....Hardly the
case!!........You exaggerate"everything " Michael which fits (precisely) into your anti-catholic agenda.....160 Catholic Priests wrote a letter ???????? SO WHAT!!!!!..... Let's see now---this amounts to less than 1/2 of 1/2 of 1% of all priests world wide......AGAIN---why do you care???Why does it matter to you ANYWAY.????.....YOU have rejected the Church, you have rejected Jesus Christ, you have rejected the TRUTH of the TRUE Faith of the Gospel for agnosticism, atheism or whatever you want to call yourself.....You've made your choice.!.......99.99% of ALL "celibate priests have ALSO made their choice......So go live your " isolated" choice and quit trying to undermine the faith and commitment to God, Jesus Christ and His histortically and biblically Proven One True Catholic Church that over 1.2 billion Catholics have made and THE CHOICE of thousands and thousands of CELIBATE Priests have made to God, to His Son Jesus Christ and to HIS CHURCH ........
~~~

Because of the spiritual destitute condition displayed by your ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST pr and the OBVIOUS sin that besets you religious system....Many souls THAT BELIEVED YOUR CONJECTURE are at a quandary...

There was no truth is what they were taught to began with

and now the venders (of what supposed to have been truth) have proven themselves to be

predictors..preying upon those that the were supposed to protect love .

the example of a REAL SPIRITUAL LEADER IS GIVEN given in an example of Aaron the high priest of Israel

Exo 28:12 And thou shalt put the two stones upon the shoulders of the ephod for stones of memorial unto the children of Israel: and

(Note) Aaron shall bear their names before the LORD upon his two shoulders for a memorial.

AND AGAIN

Exo 28:30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and

Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel

upon his heart before the LORD continually...

QUESTION

HOW CAN A ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST BEAR HIS PARISHIONERS UPON ON HIS

HEART ?

WHILE PREYING UPON THEM?

Location hidden

#550702 Jul 21, 2014
in this paragraph, we find another discrepancy between catholic church tradition and what is written in the Bible.

According to church tradition, Peter and Paul taught together in Rome and founded Christianity in that city. Eusebius cites Dionysius, Bishop of Corinth as saying, "They taught together in like manner in Italy, and suffered martyrdom at the same time."[10] This may indicate their reconciliation.

Now the Bible says that when paul entered Italy, he was greeted by many Christians, none of which were named Peter. lol.

and in the time frame now approaching, there is no mention of Paul ever talking to Peter or Peter every visiting Paul.

just another lie from the biggest liar, the rcc.
Michael

Canada

#550703 Jul 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husbands grandmothers bible was published " no earlier" than in the 17th century --so what makes you think that (everything that is in theirs) is the "complete" Word of God" that, is the FULL and "COMPLETE summation) of True Church History and that there is "nothing else" when is comes to the TRUE Interpretation IN and FROM that Bible that EACH OF YOU bible only "fundies" have (contradicting and inconsistently) decided EACH ON YOUR OWN.....
Only an anti-Catholic bible only (21st century) ostrich" with their head in the sand" would believe such " .distorted and perverted nonsense!......The FACT is that the YOUR OWN interpretation of the bible has absolutely no basis of ANY biblical or historical Truth in regards to the ACTUAL and FACTUAL TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History.....The Chuch that Jesus Himself initiated, formed and authenticated in Matthew 16 was, has, is and will always remained heirarchical, authoritative and visible which is confirmed over and over in the New Testament (Acts 2) with Bishops, Priests Elders and Deacons and in TRUE Verifiable
Church History ...Paul (himself) re-affixes and confirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls the Church ( not the bible alne) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH .
...You say a lot of terrible things to posters who don't have the ultimate truth that you claim to have.

....Your church is riddled with scandals today, just as your church was riddled with scandals when millions of catholics left your church 500 years ago. You have the nerve to tell others who far out number you in america that you are right and they are wrong?

.....even catholics on this forum won't post to you because they know your a loose canon.

#550704 Jul 21, 2014
confronting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Because of the spiritual destitute condition displayed by your ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST and the OBVIOUS sin that besets your religious system....Many souls THAT BELIEVED YOUR CONJECTURE are at a quandary...
and now the venders (of what supposed to have been truth) have proven themselves to be
predictors..preying upon those that the were supposed to protect and love .
the example of a REAL SPIRITUAL LEADER IS GIVEN given in an example of Aaron the high priest of Israel
Exo 28:12 And thou shalt put the two stones upon the shoulders of the ephod for stones of memorial unto the children of Israel: and
(Note) Aaron shall bear their names before the LORD upon his two shoulders for a memorial.
AND AGAIN
Exo 28:30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and
QUESTION
HEART ?
WHILE PREYING UPON THEM?
Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Mar_3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Luk_11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

Luk_11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.
Michael

Canada

#550705 Jul 21, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
....Would you like more lists with names of priests who want change?

...1985 there were 421,000 priests worldwide, today only 414,000.

World population 1985. 4.8 Billion. World population today. Over 7.1 billon. An increase of 48%, yet total world clergy dropped 1.6%. In the past 29 years. Why?

#550706 Jul 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
Did you Roman Catholics (especially Ho Jo and Liam) get the message...Or should I post it again..
confronting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Because of the spiritual destitute condition displayed by your ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST and the OBVIOUS sin that besets your religious system....Many souls THAT BELIEVED YOUR CONJECTURE are at a quandary...
predictors..preying upon those that the were supposed to protect and love .
AND AGAIN
QUESTION
HEART ?
WHILE PREYING UPON THEM?

Mar_3:25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May '18 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1