Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650773 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#550618 Jul 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
OMEO what we now call Christianity is simply a fully pagan religion attempting to legitimize itself as a continuation of Judaic Monotheism. It is neither.
It always was Pagan. Only the polytheist religions had sons of Gods as saviors in their religions.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#550619 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No..its called a search engine...the site still has its info..
No. It's literary theft, thief.

We've been over this.

pla·gia·rize ... to commit literary theft....

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#550620 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No..its called a search engine...the site still has its info..
Well, he saved up his Speedway points for a cushy retirement.

So, no. That never happened before.

Heck. They didn't even have Speedways until the 12th century.

I have to learn ya everything?
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#550621 Jul 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternal VICTIM?????
..He said IT IS FINISHED !!!!!!
Exactly.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#550622 Jul 20, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam," WOW GUY YOU NEED TO RETHINK YOUR COMMENT.
NO ONE COMMANDS THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS.
THE PRIEST IS A MAN FULL OF SIN, HOW CAN HE COMMAND THE HOLY OF HOLIES.
THE LORD JUST STANDS AROUND WAITING TO BE ORDERED TO DO THE PRIEST BIDDING RIGHT. ACCORDING TO THE CATHOLIC RELIGION DAH.
Sorry I can't get past ETERNAL VICTIM....brought Gibraltar in OBEDIENCE to a,priest..

..I know,I never learned that particular teaching...

Christ died once and for all time taking our sins to the,Cross.

Do this,in REMEMBRANCE , says nothing about CHRIST BEING THE VICTIM every day at Catholic Mass,

But then this,forum.often shocks,me ...
Liam

Garden City, MI

#550623 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
It says ," BOWS HIS HEAD IN HUMBLE OBEDIENCE TO THE PRIEST'S COMMAND." , and you say "Jesus wants to obey". That is beyond belief. Never in scripture does it say or elude to Christ, in any way, being obedient to men. Christ said "do this in rememberance of me".
", the power of the priest is not surpassed by that of the bishop, the archbishop, the cardinal or the pope. Indeed it is equal to that of Jesus Christ"
That statement alone can send chills up your spine. Do you believe Catholic priests are equal to Christ?
It's tough to discuss things with your kind. You're itching to pounce on certain words. Do I think a Priest is equal to Christ? Lol. Come on man.
Do I believe Christ is obedient to the Priest? Lol.
I think you and LTM know what we teach on that. Don't take what we say out of context. That is called "deception" and deception comes from the devil.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#550624 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The head of the Catholic Church is Jesus Christ. Peter was made prime minister and given the keys.
Exekiel 34:22-24 "I will save my flock, they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep. And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them and be their shepherd. And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; and I the Lord have spoken"
John 21:17 "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" and he said to Him: Yes Lord, you know that I love you". Jesus said to him: "feed my sheep.
Isaiah 22: 20 "In that day I will call my servant Eli'akim the son of Hillk'ah, and I will cloth him with your robe, and will bind your belt on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. And I will place on his shoulders the key to the house of David; and he shall open and none shall shut; he shall shut and none shall open. And I will fasten him like a peg in a sure place and he will become a throne of honor to his fathers house"
Mathew 16:18 "you are Peter and upon this rock i will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven".
Scriptures clearly say Peter went to the Jews and Paul to the Gentiles. All the writings of the RCC cannot change that. Can you show even one scripture putting Peter in Rome at any time?

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Uncircumcised = Gentiles

Circumcised = Jews

Christ did not build His church on the man Peter.

Mark 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
Michael

Canada

#550625 Jul 20, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello June gloom, we're having another gloom day in July, so far.:(
Not true, the Pope cannot change Dogma.(See u learned something on this Day of The Lord, Sunday)
On Pope Peter....
Yes you are correct, June bug.....and his wife was ticked off for leaving her to follow Jesus.:D
"Catholic priests do not marry because, while Christ does indeed approve of marriage for the Christian clergy, He much prefers that they do not marry. He
made this quite clear when He praised
the Apostles for giving up "all" to follow
Him, saying, "And every one that hath
left house, or brethren, or sisters, or
father, or mother, or wife, or children, or
lands for my name's sake, shall receive
an hundredfold, and shall possess life everlasting." (Matt. 19:27-29). The Apostle Paul explained why the unmarried state is preferable to the married state for the Christian clergy: "He that is without a wife, is solicitous for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please God. But he that is with a wife, is solicitous for the things of the world, how he may please his wife: and he is divided." (1 Cor. 7:32-33). In other words, matrimony is good – Christ made it one of the holy sacraments of His Church – but it is not conducive to that complete dedication which is incumbent upon those who submit themselves to another of Christ's holy sacraments – that of Holy Orders. Even so, the unmarried state of the Catholic priesthood is not an inflexible law – under certain conditions a priest may be dispensed from this law"
...Why would a god want his clergy to not enjoy the love that a wife and family offers? They drive new cars they go on holidays when they eat out its fine dining not a buffet. They drink the best of wine,, but somehow just can't have a wife.!!

,...My mothers God son is a retired priest and he goes to Sin city Las Vegas every year on a holiday. I wonder what he does there?

.....Most catholics today believe priests should be allowed to marry as do many priests themselves.

...Anglican clergy who are married with 5 or 6 kids can quit the protestant faith join up to become a catholic priest and bring along his wife, 6 kids and his mother in law right into the priest house.

.,.Doesn't seem fair does it?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550626 Jul 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternal VICTIM?????
..He said IT IS FINISHED !!!!!!
And whats your point? We still can't call Him a victim? Christ installed the Mass in order for us to be timelessly present with Him at Calvary. We partake in the supper of the Lamb there.
In 2014 AD, Rose reads her KJV and it says "it is finished" . So she undoes the Mass, Sacramental Priesthood and Eucharist. Now its her, Jesus and the Bible.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#550627 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's tough to discuss things with your kind. You're itching to pounce on certain words. Do I think a Priest is equal to Christ? Lol. Come on man.
Do I believe Christ is obedient to the Priest? Lol.
I think you and LTM know what we teach on that. Don't take what we say out of context. That is called "deception" and deception comes from the devil.
I'm not trying to pounce at all. I was asking about what is clearly written by the RCC concerning it's followers.

I'm not trying to knock the Catholic church around the corner and I'm not trying to knock you. I'm questioning what the RCC has written.

It was the words of the RCC that said priests are equal to Jesus, not me. Truth is, it's in the Catholic book. I have more questions about what was written in those two paragraphs but I don't think you can really explain it either.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#550628 Jul 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The first Catholics claimed that Peter the first pope was married. Marriage, in that era was obviously acceptable to the Catholic culture. The popes changed the dogmas as they saw fit. Each new pope had a new idea to suit his new FORM of universal truth.
Pope John Paul II stated that hell was a state of mind ... not a place. Then along came pope Benedict and stated that hell was indeed a real fiery inferno.
The lies are very plain to see for those who want to see.
what i'd like to see is the gates to heaven and hell to prove they exist.

usa

#550629 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"and there are many other things that Jesus did, if which they were all written down, I suppose not even the whole world would contain the books "
John 21:25
well if he moronic catholic church didn't burn 29 books we'd know more, but we don't , what did they burn the books? must prove their religion is a false one just like the others, they had no right to burn the books, they belong to the world, not them.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550630 Jul 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's literary theft, thief.
We've been over this.
pla·gia·rize ... to commit literary theft....
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...
the site still has its info

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#550631 Jul 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The leaders of the most famous religious cults all need multiple body-guards to protect them. Yet they all claim that GOD is on their side.
If you don't see though that scam ... there is no hope of you seeing through ANY scam that has been fed to you as being based on the one and only universal truth.
Leaders of any Church needs protection from the far left radical homosexual atheists.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#550632 Jul 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It always was Pagan. Only the polytheist religions had sons of Gods as saviors in their religions.
Correct. Even the Judaic Messiah is and was only human. In this aspect, Islam is closer to Judaism than Christianity is.

usa

#550633 Jul 20, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just the notion that brings out the Clorox.
catholic mouth wash, they lie so badly that's what it would take Clorox.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#550634 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..(lol).....What have you done today that lightened the load of some poor unfortunate member of society?
HI June's protection: I don't come on here and be critical of a person that gave her life to live in poverty in India helping the poor. Do you agree we should not come on here and say how horrible a person is that helped the poor?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550635 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Scriptures clearly say Peter went to the Jews and Paul to the Gentiles. All the writings of the RCC cannot change that. Can you show even one scripture putting Peter in Rome at any time?
Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
Uncircumcised = Gentiles
Circumcised = Jews
Christ did not build His church on the man Peter.
Mark 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
Yet, Jesus is entrusting you, a man, to get the Scripture interpretations right?

You're being a little tough on Peter in light of Mark 8:33. After all, he was only an apprentice then and didn't understand what was going on.
"Very truly I say to you, when you were young you dressed yourself and went where you wanted. But when you are old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will dress you, and lead you where you do not want to go."
Peter was eventually executed in Rome. So there is no Bible verse that explicitly says this? So what? Why does every detail of Peter's life need to be recorded in Scripture?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550636 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to pounce at all. I was asking about what is clearly written by the RCC concerning it's followers.
I'm not trying to knock the Catholic church around the corner and I'm not trying to knock you. I'm questioning what the RCC has written.
It was the words of the RCC that said priests are equal to Jesus, not me. Truth is, it's in the Catholic book. I have more questions about what was written in those two paragraphs but I don't think you can really explain it either.
So you sincerely believe that we Catholics teach that the Priest is equal to Jesus? Equal?? This is your sincere conclusion? I ain't buying it. I believe you came across an anti Catholic website that plucked this phrase from some writing. And now you're misrepresenting what we believe about the Priesthood.

usa

#550637 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis recently stated that 2% of roman catholic clergy including bishops and cardinals are pedophiles. The article states there are 414,000 priests worldwide (less than 25 years ago 421,000) that means 8,280 current priests are pedo's not including 2% of Bishops and Cardinals.
Are you saying someone AGAIN!! twisted the words of the pope and what the pope meant to say was that only 0.000000002% were pedos?
Read the story. Top right hand column of this forum. Pope Francis SAYS 2%. It was all over the world news last week. No one twisted anything.
Looks whats going on right now in the diocese of St Paul Minne-snow-da. The archdioceses catholic lawyer and chancellor blowing the whistle on the current Arch Bishop and previous Arch Bishop for lying! How many times have I reported about the lieing and covering up and deceit. Its about time the real truth comes out wouldn't ya say HOJO?
What a mess!
I read the same story in my local paper, if he knows how many he must know who, and why doesn't he get rid of them, do the moral thing and turn these people over to the authorities?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web