Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550258 Jul 19, 2014
"Thus says the Lord GOD:

‘Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations,(plural ... not Babylon)

wherever they have gone,

and will gather them from every side

and bring them into their own Land;’"

(Ezekiel 37:21)

Now, search through history for a sovereign nation Israel ...

Year 500 BC? "No."

Year 300 BC? "No."

Year 100 BC? "No."

Year 200 AD? "No."

Year 500 AD? "No."

Year 1000 AD? "No."

Year 1400 AD? "No."

Year 1700 AD? "No."

Year 1800 AD? "No."

Year 1900 AD? "No."

Year 1948 AD? "Yes!!!" ... Oops, there it is ... May 14, 1948!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#550259 Jul 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Pope calls for world government,'New World Order'
You are jealous, because your AIM is to make the people of the world over into your Protestant image of "reality."

Religion is based on jealousy. "MINE is RIGHT ... PERIOD!!!

Prince George, Canada

#550260 Jul 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Why would catholic clergy preach that being married and having children is a blessing from God, yet what the clergy preach they aren't allowed to practice themselves?
...So if in the near future the pope throws open the doors and makes celibacy optional will you then call your church MISGUIDED?
Members of Catholic clergy were at one time allowed to marry.

Men of the hierarchy changed the rules by their own whims.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Din Timelines

World History Timelines

dec 14 - Adrian II, Italian Pope (867-72)/last married pope, dies at about 80.

yTubeNews

Marietta, GA

#550261 Jul 19, 2014

*7 YR Agreement SIGNED "suddenly" POPE - ISRAEL (News)

http://youtu.be/rFKJ64c_uFA

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#550262 Jul 19, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Your logic constantly invokes arguments from naive realism, like the one below:
<quoted text>
For you, faith is an important part of being human, and you attach great value to it. Other peoples may not have such experiences and may not share your point of view in this matter. So for you to declare that cultures that lack a faith-aspect to their worldviews will be short lived is you projecting what's important to you onto others.
All you are saying here is "I know best."
It's a cognitively immature position to take, ethnocentric and grossly limiting. Usually monolinguists and the religious hold such views.
Hindingfromyou

Peace

Ad hominem..., red herring fallacy

Most interesting....When I give you an opinion, you tell me that "I know best." and that it is cognitively immature...,ethnocentric, grossly limiting, etc...."

Its an intellectual way of adding insult to the fallacy.

Nicely done.

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#550263 Jul 19, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan hates you eventhough he has a plan for your life. A plan for this life and the one that comes after. You don't have to believe in him, just blindly do his will and he'll reward you for it.
You might be following Satan's will at this very moment and not know it.

After all God, created Satan's spirit for a purpose. I suggest that Satan was the one talking to the men that wrote all the religious literature.

I want you to PROVE that I am wrong ... not just say that you believe I am wrong.

:>(

Location hidden

#550264 Jul 19, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not making a reductionist argument. I'm making a holistic one.
But we can, if you like, go into reductionism. That's relatively easy - just difficult to build up from. It goes like this "you're a beautiful machine, but a machine nevertheless. The center of your ability to perceive the outside world is your brain, made up of neuronal structures and neurons." etc.
Then we can talk about the universality of neurons in mammals, how they encode sensory perception - which then becomes how the brain perceives reality - etc., and how these are adaptations produced by evolution.
Anyways, I think you're confusing materialism - my position - versus dualism - your position.
Hidingfromyou

Hurrah! At last I got an answer from you....Your position is that your a materialist.

Now we can communicate.

Location hidden

#550265 Jul 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Robert has met his match.
:)
June

Keep thinking....

Prince George, Canada

#550266 Jul 19, 2014
All religion teaches that humans are responsible for suffering because of offending the supposed creator.

Yet not one of you will address the issue of why non-human animals suffer.

You KNOW that you are not being honest with your selves... and that in turn is why you can't BE honest with others.

Prince George, Canada

#550267 Jul 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidingfromyou
Hurrah! At last I got an answer from you....Your position is that your a materialist.
Now we can communicate.
The next time you wipe your bum ... don't use toilet paper, because you will be depending on the material world for your comforts.

Do you KNOW how silly you are when you pretend you serve ONLY your supposed spiritual needs and not your material bodily NEEDS and DESIRES???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550268 Jul 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when you can conjure up 'sumpin' with some magic words, let me know, K?
'Tard.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake.

Prince George, Canada

#550269 Jul 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Keep thinking....
Robert ... Do you believe that a creator "ON PURPOSE" designed non-human animals to suffer???

Yes ... or No???

Now I'll wait for you to spin your mental wheels and try to dodge what stares you in the face.

I suggest you either won't answer my question, or you will get that spinning wheel HUMMING, as you work your way around the subject.
marge

Ames, IA

#550270 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need his opine nor his approval to tell the truth. I have a LONG memory. I REMEMBER you telling everyone on here that he and I have been taught by the devil. I remember how you talked to Sera and Nick, and your attitude towards them fits the description of a person with a "black heart" 100%.
What Is the Meaning of a Black Heart?
The meaning of a black heart is someone who is cold and dead feeling. Referring to a black hearted person means they have no feelings and no regards for other people's feelings. A healthy heart is considered to be red.
Your words to a man very ill, were not the words of a Christian, your words to a woman who was taking care of that man 24/7 were not the words of a Christian.
always, even the catholics have stated that there is a difference between GIF and myself, and it is this;
I AINT AFRAID TO SPEAK UP AND TELL THE TRUTH, I HAVE THAT COURAGE. He carries a softer stick than I do.
You say a believer will lose his or hers salvation for sinning, I say believers will suffer or even die for sinning but not lose their salvation.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#550271 Jul 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Pope calls for world government,'New World Order'
Thursday, Decem
excerpt:
Part of this entails the "construction of a world community," as translated from the original speech, which was given in Italian. And to guide this world community will be a "corresponding authority" whose purpose it is to serve and promote the "common good of the human family." In other words, a "New World Order," in no uncertain terms, is the ultimate goal of the Roman Catholic Church.
Pope Benedict XVI is not interested in just any New World Order, however. He made it clear that the Roman Catholic Church's responsibility is to guide those who are actually bringing about this world government in how to promote an "anthropological and ethical framework around the common good." Along with this, will be a comprehensive reform of the corrupt international monetary and financial systems, of course in line with Roman Catholic doctrines.
A few years ago I read how members of Al Qeada were caught crossing the Mexican border into the U.S. A congresswomen had let that info "slip" during a press conference. I was curious to know why our government was not interested in securing our borders. I found that the U.S., Mexico and Canada have already been combined as one sector of the New World Order.

Location hidden

#550272 Jul 19, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal?!? Equal???
hahaha!
I am here to teach Robert.
Hidingfromyou

And I can certainly learn with an open ear....Its the like the open set in mathematics.

So if we can have some mutually agreed upon points, there may be subsets or continuity within our thoughts....

Does that sound Equal?!?

Prince George, Canada

#550273 Jul 19, 2014
Those philosophers were no-doubt respected as owning "knowledge" in those eras ... but their philosophies now seem absurd.

I suggest that the philosophies of the theologians will one day also seem totally absurd to the upcoming generations. I hope change will come soon.
>>>>>>> >>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Sexual pessimism in Antiquity is derived, not, as it would be later in Christianity, from the curse of sin and punishment for it, but predominantly from medical considerations. Pythagorus (sixth century B.C.) is reported as saying that one should indulge in sex in the winter, but not in the summer, make moderate use of it in the spring and fall, but that it was harmful to health in every season. To the question of what was the best time for love, he answered: When you want to weaken yourself (Diogenes Laertius, Life of the Philosophers, VIII).

Location hidden

#550274 Jul 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge...
You and God are the only two that know whether your heart is right with Him...I have not judged you and neither can I control what others say or do.
What others say about any of us....does not make it so ...In the final analyses we are all whom God says we are.
As for your belief in OSAS...I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU... but i do not believe that makes you any less a christian.
It can be detrimental to the person
that believes OR PRACTICES.....THAT they can sin more or less every day and
because they have made a profession of faith,
yet do not believe they will have an accountability to God
OTHERWISE TO ME, IT IS MOOT..
THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE
Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Eph 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
confronting

I agree with you on this subject of OSAS. Furthermore it should not be the focus of one's beliefs either one way or the other. Faith should be only in God.

And this now begs the question of whether you have heard about the Pope's address on July 4, concerning believing in a personal relationship with Jesus without the Church? I have not been able to get a full speech on this message, but it does sound alarming, IMHO.

If as I have but bits and pieces of this speech, I am going to strongly disagree with what he stated, though his intention may have been different.

Prince George, Canada

#550275 Jul 19, 2014
I wonder who first came "down" with the word theologian rather than continuing to use the more honest word philosopher???

That changed the set of religion totally into "I know the answers" compared to "I 'simply' guess at the supposed answers."

Men can't BE humble when they profess to KNOW answers. It's impossible under the umbrella of such BRAGGING to show any humility whatsoever.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550276 Jul 19, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years ago I read how members of Al Qeada were caught crossing the Mexican border into the U.S. A congresswomen had let that info "slip" during a press conference. I was curious to know why our government was not interested in securing our borders. I found that the U.S., Mexico and Canada have already been combined as one sector of the New World Order.
Where did you "found" this info??

Prince George, Canada

#550277 Jul 19, 2014
The following makes it plain that it was perceived as normal and totally acceptable by the Greek philosophers to have sex with boys.
>>>>>>> >>>
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The ancients, by the way, believed that women are not harmed by sexual intercourse, since unlike men they are not affected by the loss of energy through the loss of semen. The sexual act is presented as dangerous, hard to control, harmful to health, and draining. Xenophon, Plato, Aristotle, and the physician Hippocrates (fourth century B.C.) writes in the Laws about the Olympic victor Issos of Tarentum: He was ambitious and “possessed in his soul the technique and the power of restraint.“Once he began devoting himself to his training,“it was said that he never touched a woman or a boy.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) 13 hr untilthelighttak ... 209
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 14 hr untilthelighttak ... 7
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 14 hr untilthelighttak ... 84,125
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 23 hr KristoFMYsagun 11
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Married in 9,204
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... May 1 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Apr 30 untilthelighttak ... 2
More from around the web