Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646404 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#550537 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. If we believe the Pope, then a personal relationship with Christ should be avoided. It is mind blowing for the head of the most powerful church on the planet to say " a personal relationship with Christ is dangerous". The Pope did not even give an explanation as why it would be dangerous but, many gulped it down like they were drinking water.
1 Timothy 4 : 1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
We should all know who the above scriptures are referring to. It's plain and simple teaching.
Again part of what was quoted makes sense...we do not live in a vacuum ..we learn about Christ from parents and yes Churches, but the,Holy Spirit can work through a piece of scripture smuggled into places where there are no churches .....we cannot limit His Power.

Our relationship with Christ is indeed personal

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#550538 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are trying to deny the truth in your own words!!!!
You stepped into it again!!!! Now you are trying to save face...
You say: we know that he was lost,[AFTER] he left, but we don't know that [BEFORE] he left.
I based the truth of his lack of Salvation on the fact that he left Paul...I never argued that was known before he left!!!!
People who are saved are saved...period..
OSAS
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Show Scripture that teaches the opposite and you have a fallible Bible....
Teach against the Word of God and you are as false as a three dollar bill..
You're posting to yourself dummy.

I bet your lips move when you type as well, eh?

Columbus, OH

#550539 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No..its called a search engine...the site still has its info....
No. It's called literary theft, and you are a thief.

'Tard.
Michael

Canada

#550540 Jul 20, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>what is your contribution to society?
..(lol).....What have you done today that lightened the load of some poor unfortunate member of society?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#550541 Jul 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestants are on this thread to assure the Catholics that Jesus and God agree that the Catholics are going to hell ... and the Catholics are here to declare that Jesus and God support them in their claims of owning the one and only truth in the universe.
The battle that throughout history depended on military MIGHT ... now seems to depend on DICTIONARY might.
June bug, the only reason we believe ours is true The True Church is b/c Jesus only started ONE Church, all others are man-made and started by someone who had their own interpretation of Holy Scripture ....
This is why they do not agree on lots of what the Bible teaches.
As you can see the arguments on this thread.
Their churches are a spin off of a spin off, of a spin off, to the point where there is over 42k little churches
Michael

Canada

#550542 Jul 20, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know of two talking snakes here, and they both speak English/write! LOL
Hint, M & J
:D
....I post a story right from holy scriptures and you make fun of it.

..and now you think your a comedian.

Unbelievable!

Columbus, OH

#550543 Jul 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawling is what a lying snake does...
They you're projecting, dummy.

Columbus, OH

#550544 Jul 20, 2014
They - Then
Michael

Canada

#550545 Jul 20, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
June bug, the only reason we believe ours is true The True Church is b/c Jesus only started ONE Church, all others are man-made and started by someone who had their own interpretation of Holy Scripture ....
This is why they do not agree on lots of what the Bible teaches.
As you can see the arguments on this thread.
Their churches are a spin off of a spin off, of a spin off, to the point where there is over 42k little churches
......A man named Jesus never stepped inside any church, never saw any church bearing his name.
His last religious visit was to a jewish synagogue. A religion that does not believe in sons of God.
StarC

United States

#550546 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....decades after the supposed crucifixion, and each of the gospels were written years apart.
... When someone dies anyone can write or make up any stories they want about the deceased person.
...Before Jesus died not one word written about his life, his friends or his family, nothing about miraculous birth, miracles, last supper, 12 apostles, crucifixion, the darkening of the sky and zombies coming from their graves. Nothing!
..,Every word written about this man and his family, friends and miraculous deeds came only long after he died. Who does that?.......and Why?
....something is wrong!
Nothing is wrong Michael ...well maybe something is wrong with you. lol

We have witnesses, plain and simple!
It's the witnesses that wrote down everything that Jesus did while he walked this earth.

So do you believe your world history?Guess not, all history is a lie according to you.

#funny #clueless #nuts #negative
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#550547 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide proof that the Pope said "Personal relationship with Jesus? Yes.
Personal Christianity? No" and did not say personal relationship with Christ is dangerous?
I'm open.
The first I heard about this was this morning. And the only sites I can find are mostly anti Catholic anyway. I can guarantee you, his statement is not what you all wish to believe it is. People are always jumping on anti Catholic rhetoric as if to say: "see see, I told you the Pope was the anti Christ".
Michael

Canada

#550548 Jul 20, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>She went into the worst parts of Calcutta and helped to bring joy and love to a group of people that most in that country ignored i.e. the untouchables. While I did not agree with her theology, she did more in her lifetime to show the love of God that most Christians will ever hope to do. June: In comparison since you are an athiest, I'm sure you did more? what have you done to help the poor?
Mother Teresa said she lost her faith.

Every time I saw pictures of Mother Teresa she was getting on or off airplanes having her picture taken with President Ragan, President Carter, Lady Diana, Queen Elizabeth, Pope John Paul etc. Ya she worked with the poor but the albanian nuns in her group were the ones who should have gotten the accolades. They were always in the trenches and sometimes Mother Teresa was too but often Mother Teresa was flying around the world meeting dignitaries.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/letters-reveal-mo...

http://www.beliefnet.com/News/2007/09/New-Boo...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/08/24/us-...
hojo

Waconia, MN

#550549 Jul 20, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the clip yesterday shown the Pope saying that seeking a personal relationship with Jesus Christ could be dangerous. What do you make of that statement.
NOTHING!!!.......The Popes statement was "no doubt" twisted, perverted and taken out of context --just like (every) news story that comes from the anti-Cstholic liberal "hack" media writers......Nothing new with the distorted "hype" news writers who will " say ANYTHING (true or false) in order to cause controversy...
Michael

Canada

#550550 Jul 20, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is wrong Michael ...well maybe something is wrong with you. lol
We have witnesses, plain and simple!
It's the witnesses that wrote down everything that Jesus did while he walked this earth.
So do you believe your world history?Guess not, all history is a lie according to you.
#funny #clueless #nuts #negative
Witnesses!(lol)

Star C says......It's the witnesses that wrote down everything that Jesus did while he walked this earth.

Michael says. The scriptures claim Jesus was alone in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights by himself being tempted by SATAN, OOOH!. Matthew wrote about it but if Jesus was alone and there were no witnesses Star, no witnesses STAR!!!.......just another made up story.

Matthew 4:1-11

Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness

4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said,“If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered,“It is written:‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said,“throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”
7 Jesus answered him,“It is also written:‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said,“if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him,“Away from me, Satan! For it is written:‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Mark and Luke wrote about the 40 days of fasting too, yet neither of them were in the desert to record what Jesus was saying..........and all these stories weren't written until decades after this man Jesus supposedly died.

Who does that?

Come on Star, your easy!(lol) You need a dose of reality.
Michael

Canada

#550551 Jul 20, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTHING!!!.......The Popes statement was "no doubt" twisted, perverted and taken out of context --just like (every) news story that comes from the anti-Cstholic liberal "hack" media writers......Nothing new with the distorted "hype" news writers who will " say ANYTHING (true or false) in order to cause controversy...
(lol) if everytime the pope speaks his words are taken out of context why doesn't the pope keep his trap shut?

Next time the pope speaks we will get you to post the actual words what he says. Then you can contact the media around the world so they get the story right.(lol)(lol)

Your living on Fantasy Island.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#550552 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The first I heard about this was this morning. And the only sites I can find are mostly anti Catholic anyway. I can guarantee you, his statement is not what you all wish to believe it is. People are always jumping on anti Catholic rhetoric as if to say: "see see, I told you the Pope was the anti Christ".
Anthony posted it ..I doubt he's anti Catholic...look yesterday ...

But why is,it the,Pope says something , then Catholics come out and say no he didn't say that .

He is an intelligent man .
Michael

Canada

#550553 Jul 20, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis recently stated that 2% of roman catholic clergy including bishops and cardinals are pedophiles. The article states there are 414,000 priests worldwide (less than 25 years ago 421,000) that means 8,280 current priests are pedo's not including 2% of Bishops and Cardinals.

Are you saying someone AGAIN!! twisted the words of the pope and what the pope meant to say was that only 0.000000002% were pedos?

Read the story. Top right hand column of this forum. Pope Francis SAYS 2%. It was all over the world news last week. No one twisted anything.

Looks whats going on right now in the diocese of St Paul Minne-snow-da. The archdioceses catholic lawyer and chancellor blowing the whistle on the current Arch Bishop and previous Arch Bishop for lieing! How many times have I reported about the lieing and covering up and deceit. Its about time the real truth comes out wouldn't ya say HOJO?

What a mess!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#550554 Jul 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I agree it's,partly correct ...however the,wording of Personal relationship being dangerous,is,wrong.

This is the only thing Michael has correct in that you all keep correcting the pope or you think he says what he does not mean...or you think he's,unintelligent ...I understand headlines distort, but this has happened so many times..he Sep a is then the Vatican comes out with qualifications ...

Personally I think he's a good man, but I cannot believe he mispeaks THAT OFTEN that you folks,think he is,ALWAYS misquoted .

Makes no sense..
Michael

Canada

#550555 Jul 20, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony posted it ..I doubt he's anti Catholic...look yesterday ...
But why is,it the,Pope says something , then Catholics come out and say no he didn't say that .
He is an intelligent man .
(LOL) The same thing happened with pope benedict and John Paul. Everytime they made a statement that the church didn't like, or was embarassing right away THATS NOT WHAT HE MEANT to say, or your taking it out of context or those catholic hackers and that damned Micheal.

Same old same old.(lol)

Its time the church got a new PR team if they can't speak what they have written in front of them.(lol)

hojo

Waconia, MN

#550556 Jul 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Why would catholic clergy preach that being married and having children is a blessing from God, yet what the clergy preach they aren't allowed to practice themselves?
...So if in the near future the pope throws open the doors and makes celibacy optional will you then call your church MISGUIDED?
So what does it matter to you or why do you "even" care if the 415,000 priests world wide HAVE CHOSEN ( by their own free will) to take personal vows of celibacy........Since you have chosen to be a agnostic by your "own free choice" then who are you to try to question the "total commitment of Priests who have chosen (On their own) to be "married to God and live their lives as celibate Catholic Priests......In I Timothy 3:15 Paul calls the Church (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle. And foundation of the TRUTH ---and we as Catholics " will abide by the biblical teachings of the Church!......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web