Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665489 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#550382 Jul 19, 2014
Martin Luther also wanted the starving peasants SLAYED.

He was well-fed ... so other people's suffering didn't mean anything to dear old horny Martin and his well to do ... Mrs. ex-Catholic nun.

They all preached of their own holiness ... while they were busy "causing" suffering all around them.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#550383 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
CHESS;
you should be able to figure out what I am talking about,
please don't tell, ok?
As long as you don't bring up that incident I had with June, Lubriderm, and a woodchuck.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#550384 Jul 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Got a cite to me lying, snake?

Burns Lake, Canada

#550385 Jul 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your imagination got it wrong....
And your imagination got it ALL RIGHT ... RIGHT???

Jesus and God have YOU on their pedestal in the sky as the ONLY # 1 teacher of universal truth. All others are deceivers.

Now ... are you done tooting your own horn???

Burns Lake, Canada

#550386 Jul 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you don't bring up that incident I had with June, Lubriderm, and a woodchuck.
Hahahahaha

Wasn't that ever kinky FUN??? I haven't been the same since that episode.

:)
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#550387 Jul 19, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... but why on earth does someone need to believe in your god in order to live a full and happy life? Guess again. We DON'T.
Your religious dogma is immensely elaborate and overwrought. Long before Jesus, man had developed sophisticated spiritual connections with the world around him. Man has always been guided by his conscious and his imagination. These attributes have evolved as man has evolved. To think we rely on a 2,000 year old man-made religion to guide us through life is - to many of us - quite silly!
"eyeful" IF YOUR HAPPY WITH YOUR LIFE THAT IS WONDERFUL, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE WHAT I DO.

THE TRUTH IS THAT IT IS GOING TO BE CHRISTIANS, WHO HAVE TO WALK THEIR TALK, WE CAN'T PREACH CHRIST AND LIVE CONTRARY TO WHAT WE PREACH.
WHEN JUDGEMENT COMES THE GREATER PUNSHMENT IS GOING TO BE ON THOSE WHO DO.
I DON'T RELY ON A 2000 YEAR OLD RELIGION "EYEFUL" I LIVE WITH WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY. I CAN'T SAY I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, I WOULD BE LYING.
I AM A BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIAN, WHAT GOD SAYS IN HIS HOLY SCRIPTURES.
THERE ARE A LOT OF NONBELIEVERS WHO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE, BETTER THEN A LOT OF CHRISTIANS.
THE THING IS I BELIEVE THERE IS A LIFE AFTER THIS ONE , WERE THERE WILL BE NO MORE SUFFERING, TEARS OR SHAME OR PAIN.
CHRISTIAN OR NOT WE ALL LIVE WITH SHAME , AND GUILTY, WE ALL SIN AND REGRET THINGS WE HAVE DONE.
BECAUSE AS HUMANS WITH A CONSCIOUS 'S WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE WRONG WE DO TO OTHERS,
WE CAN FORGIVE OTHERS, BUT FOR SOME REASON FORGIVING OURSELVES IS VERY HARD.
JUNE LIKES TO TELLS US WHAT ALL CHRISTIANS THINK AND FEEL AND BELIEVE, LET ME ASSURE YOU, SHE DOESN'T WE ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS, IF THE BIBLE SAYS
Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21

DON'T JUDGE ME "EYEFUL AND I WON'T JUDGE YOU, THAT IS BEST LEFT UP TO GOD.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550388 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then husband disagrees with what this commentator says and believes.
People's Bible Notes for 1 Corinthians 11:30
1Co 11:30 For this cause, many [are] weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. Some have held that this means that the improper observance of the supper has made many weak and sickly Christians, and some had even died spiritually.
to die spiritually means that you died a sinner and were lost.
Of course in the church that you attend, you and your husband don't go to the Lord in prayer and MAKE SURE your sins are under the Blood.
In FACT, he cant know what it means since he isn't a Preacher.
and since the student cant be greater than the teacher, you are like a dodo following the Blind guide and some day, both of you will fall in that ditch which is hell.
You are as much spirit filled as my fence post...

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Why were they weak, sickly, and many dead???
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#550389 Jul 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN
Peace
I read the article. It was a spin piece.
I am afraid, although I think the intention may not be well understood, the English could not be mistaken, and I hold to my opinion that the Pope's Message was wrong.(Another point, is that this appears to be downplayed at the Vatican. I can't find the whole message. To many politics involved....)
I am nostalgic for the John Paul II times....Every word he spoke or wrote was brilliant.
Fr. Z did spin it. The content of the original article was not spun as it was composed almost entirely of direct quotes. John Paul lived in different times with different issues. How easy it was for him to rally the Christian world against the evil of communism. Francis has to deal with a western culture (and gullible, lazy, secularized Catholics) that is decaying before our very eyes. He's doing his best, but it may be beyond his capabilities.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#550390 Jul 19, 2014
TOM PETTY. "Catholics, don't write me," Petty tells a magazine. "I'm fine with whatever religion you want to have, but it can't tell anybody it's OK to kill people, and it can't abuse children systematically for God knows how many yearsÂ… If I was in a club, and I found out that there had been generations of people abusing children, and then that club was covering that up, I would quit the club." He says he "felt that I was being asked to play dumb" and believe "that 'OK, well, they paid some money, so it's all over.' I don't trust that."

Petty also arches his eyebrow at religion in general in the article. "Religion seems to me to be at the base of all warsÂ… I've nothing against defending yourself, but I don't think, spiritually speaking, that there's any conception of God that should be telling you to be violent. It seems to me that no one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians."

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#550391 Jul 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Pastor I have ever heard preaching, always, every time, no matter how many times, first reads the Scripture on which he will preach....I see you have never heard of this practice...but, that is no surprise...
I havent heard of this practice either.

One time, I went with a friend of mine who was to preach that night at a local church.

and when it came time for the preacher, Bub declined and told them that I was to preach. as I walked up to the Pulpit, and was in front of it, the Holy Ghost fell on me(and it was evident to all there) and when I got in the Pulpit, I Preached for about 20 minutes before I ever opened up my Bible, and that was not the first time, and hopefully, Lord willing, may happen again.

and I have no doubt that GIF can say it has happened to him also, and before that< I questioned my Pastor and told him that we hadn't even Prayed yet, and he just laughed and told me that the Praying had already been done.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PREACHING
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#550392 Jul 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Pastor I have ever heard preaching, always, every time, no matter how many times, first reads the Scripture on which he will preach....I see you have never heard of this practice...but, that is no surprise...
Tell me what scripture says about being part of the Church. Thanks.

Location hidden

#550393 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>liars have to fugure out how they can change the Word of God.
those who are called by God, only have to tell the truth.
(HERE IS WHAT YOU SAID AND I ANSWERED)You say a believer will lose his or hers salvation for sinning, I say believers will suffer or [[[[even die for sinning ]]]]but not lose their salvation.
AGAIN, IF THEY DIE FOR SINNING(YOUR WORDS, EVEN THO THEY ARE LIKE YOU, THEY DONT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL), THEY WILL BE RESURRECTED IN THEIR SINS.
If a believer messes up(yet repents if it was sin), they lose REWARDS WHEN THEY MAKE IT TO HEAVEN, IT DOESNT TAKE AWAY FROM THEIR SALVATION.
However if they don't repent, they lose their Salvation, since no Sin or Uncleanness will be allowed to Enter into heaven.
and to help dummies like marge out. if you wash your sins in a mud puddle, you aint gonna make it. however if You wash your sins in the Blood on the Lamb, heaven is yours for all eternity
Hog wash!!!!

"they lose their Salvation"....that lie is not based on Scripture....there is no Scripture that contradicts:

Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

For God loved the world so much, that he gave His only beloved Son, in order that
whoever believes in Him might not perish, but have eternal life.

Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.

Location hidden

#550394 Jul 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as much spirit filled as my fence post...
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
Why were they weak, sickly, and many dead???
THE ANSWER IS IN THAT VERSE, STUPID.

For he that eateth and drinketh [[[[[[[[unworthily]]]]]]]]].

they weren't in the center of His Will, which means they were out of His Will, which means they were living in a sinful state, which means that if they die in that state, they go to hell, no osas will save them since that is not a Biblical Truth.

Now why are we not surprised that you don't have a clue as to what that verse means.LOL
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#550395 Jul 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
"India has no reason to be grateful to Mother Teresa"
Sanal Edamaruku
President of Rationalist International
Mother Teresa has collected many, many millions (some say: billions) of Dollars in the name of India's paupers (and many, many more in the name of paupers in the other "gutters" of the world). Where did all this money go? It is surely not used to improve the lot of those, for whom it was meant. The nuns would hand out some bowls of soup to them and offer shelter and care to some of the sick and suffering. The richest order in the world is not very generous, as it wants to teach them the charm of poverty. "The suffering of the poor is something very beautiful and the world is being very much helped by the nobility of this example of misery and suffering," said Mother Teresa. Do we have to be grateful for this lecture of an eccentric billionaire?
http://www.mukto-mona.com/Articles/mother_ter...
June.
THIS I AM SORRY TO SAY HAPPENS, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT ABOUT MOTHER TERESA, BUT IF IT IS SHE WILL BE JUDGED BUT NOT BY ME.
THERE IS NOT CONDEMNATION EXCEPT WHAT IS COMMON TO MAN.
THE MAN WHO WROTE THAT PIECE, IS HE INNOCENT AND FREE FROM DOING ALL WRONG IF NOT HE HAS NO ROOM TO WRITE AN ARTICLE ON MOTHER TERESA'S .
OR ANYONE ELSE'S.
HOW MUCH SUFFERING HAVE YOU CAUSED IN THIS WORLD JUNE, THAT YOU FEEL YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO POINT OUT EVERYONE ELSES.
THAT IS WHY I DON'T LIKE YOU VERY MUCH.
YOU STAND ON YOURSELF RIGHTEOUS SOAP BOX , MOUTHING OFF ABOUT AND TO EVERYONE ELSE.
EVEN TRY TO PUT YOUR BELIEFS , AS IF ITS WHAT OTHERS BELIEVE OR FEEL.
YOUR EVEN CRUEL AT TIMES, WITH YOU ASSESSMENT , EXAMPLE ABOUT CONFRINTINGS WIFE WHO HAS BEEN VERY ILL.
EVEN BEFORE YOU WERE ON HERE, SHE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A LONG TIME.
YOU WERE ADDING TO CONFRINTINGS SUFFERING, BECAUSE HIS WIFE IS HERE BY THE GRACE OF GOD. EVERT Y DAY IS A MIRICLE.
YOUR JUST A NASTY OLD WOMAN WITH TO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.
YOUR BIAS TOWARDS EVERYONE. YOU BELIEVE IN NOTHING OR IN NO ONE LIKE IT OR NOT THAT TAKES A LOT OF FAITH.

Location hidden

#550396 Jul 19, 2014
several times, I have read Scriptures, YET Preached something entirely different, and that contrary to what xbore says, is NOT leaning towards my own understanding, but being

OBEDIENT TO THE WILL OF THE LORD.

Location hidden

#550397 Jul 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a cite to me lying, snake?
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake

Location hidden

#550398 Jul 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hog wash!!!!
"they lose their Salvation"....that lie is not based on Scripture....there is no Scripture that contradicts:
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
For God loved the world so much, that he gave His only beloved Son, in order that
whoever believes in Him might not perish, but have eternal life.
Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
give me and us ONE Scripture that teaches that God will override our Free Will and force us to stay with Him, when we find out that we love the world more than Him as it was when demas walked away.

AND LOST HIS SOUL.

DEMAS WAS A SLAVE AND WORKED IN THE GOSPEL FIELD FOR MANY YEARS WITH PAUL,

AND AS IT WAS BEFORE PRES. LINCOLN, SLAVES WALKED AWAY FROM THERE MASTER.

AND oxbore, if you really know Greek, you would fully understand the words of Paul concerning Demas, but you don't and I do.lol
marge

Leesburg, GA

#550399 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>THE ANSWER IS IN THAT VERSE, STUPID.
For he that eateth and drinketh [[[[[[[[unworthily]]]]]]]]].
they weren't in the center of His Will, which means they were out of His Will, which means they were living in a sinful state, which means that if they die in that state, they go to hell, no osas will save them since that is not a Biblical Truth.
Now why are we not surprised that you don't have a clue as to what that verse means.LOL
No it doesn't they will go to hell it says they will not be condemned with the world, the opposite of what your saying.

29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Burns Lake, Canada

#550400 Jul 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I answered with a qualified yes....It depends on your definition of suffering, and non-human animals.
In Zoology there are many different types of animals. Although viruses are semi-life forms, I just don't see the mechanism for viruses to suffer....
Also if one strictly defines suffering as pain.
So you DO believe that your supposed God wanted non-human animals to suffer???

That means that you are knowingly worshipping an image of a monster.

That says a whole lot about your character. "I don't MIND at all God if you created animals to suffer for your entertainment ... as long as you don't deprive ME of MY salvation."

Location hidden

#550401 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I havent heard of this practice either.
One time, I went with a friend of mine who was to preach that night at a local church.
and when it came time for the preacher, Bub declined and told them that I was to preach. as I walked up to the Pulpit, and was in front of it, the Holy Ghost fell on me(and it was evident to all there) and when I got in the Pulpit, I Preached for about 20 minutes before I ever opened up my Bible, and that was not the first time, and hopefully, Lord willing, may happen again.
and I have no doubt that GIF can say it has happened to him also, and before that< I questioned my Pastor and told him that we hadn't even Prayed yet, and he just laughed and told me that the Praying had already been done.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PREACHING
As I said, I have never heard a Pastor give a sermon before reading Scripture....that explains explains why you did the opposite...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 2 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web