Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596408 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#550034 Jul 18, 2014
My Madonna

I haled me a woman from the street
Shameless, but, oh, so fair!
I bade her sit in the model’s seat
And I painted her sitting there.

I hid all trace of her heart unclean;
I painted a babe at her breast;
I painted her as she might have been
If the Worst had been the Best.

She laughed at my picture and went away.
Then came, with a knowing nod,
A connoisseur, and I heard him say;
“‘Tis Mary, the Mother of God.”

Robert Service.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550035 Jul 18, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
MAN WAS MADE FOR GOD'S PLEASURE...
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
THE PURPOSE OF JESUS IS...AFTER THE FALL OF MAN AND
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
THE LORD HATH LAID UPON ON HIM THE INIQUITY OF US ALL....
THE PURPOSE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS
Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,
he will guide you into all truth:
for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and
he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me:
for he shall receive of mine, and
shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine:
therefore said I,
that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
....Gif says.....man was made for gods pleasure.

..Michael says......are you for real? Pain, suffering, hatre, jealousy, famine, starvation, disease, accidents are just a few elements that Most of mankind in our world suffers from..........

Doesn't sound like pleasure to me, however we are the fortunate ones.

Prince George, Canada

#550036 Jul 18, 2014
We have a spider that keeps creating a web outside of our door. It doesn't seem to catch on to the fact that we will keep tearing it down.

I suggest that in its natural setting, wild animals would often by chance break its web and so it would not catch on to a new idea that humans are purposefully breaking its web.

It just keeps redoing what it has to do in order to try for its next meal.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#550037 Jul 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...But why? Why would he create the universe as we know it?
99.9999999999999999% of the universe is nothing but flying random rock debris and trillions of useless gaseous stars, serving no known purpose, and beyond that we know very little.
He created it because He is creative. God is perfect loving relationship and is personified by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(The Lover, the Beloved, and the Love that lives between them)
the Nicene creed says that all things (seen and unseen) were made through the Son. In the Bible is says that everything was spoken into existance and God saw it was good. He enjoyed creating. Then God said "Let Us make man in our image, after our likeness" and He did and He blessed them and saw it was "very good." He put mankind in the garden of Eden (paradise) to take care of it, cultivate it, and enjoy it and be in communion with God and to multiply.
So I see God creating everything because He delights in creating and this joy is shared between the Father and the Son. I like to imagine that this panoply of created things brought into being by the Son and being lovingly presented to the Father is like an exchanging of gifts at Christmastime. He wants to share His life with others.

Check out these pictures from the Hubble Telescope:

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/

Maybe God created all those stars and random flying rock debris just so that you could see these pictures. Perhaps to delight you.

Prince George, Canada

#550038 Jul 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the world's human population go to bed hungry and miserable every night ... knowing that the next day might even be worse.

They have children they can't feed and fat religious brokers preaching at them to not use birth control or have abortions. They are suffering from hunger-related diseases and emotional diseases ... broken and bankrupt of JOY.

How fortunate is that?

I couldn't any longer bring my self to worship a supposed creator without having a load of guilt on my conscience.

Prince George, Canada

#550039 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
SUFFERING CAME IN TO EXISTENCE BECAUSE OF YOU FATHER THE DEVIL....
Within your wacky Christian theology your HOLY god created Lucifer KNOWING ahead of time that Lucifer was going to BE an evil spirit.

If you use your brain to ask QUESTIONS of what you have been taught and you will see the LIES.

As long as you insist on preaching and believing that you know universal truth ... there is no room in your intake, as it is cluttered to overflowing with religious debris that you encouraged to enter.

Prince George, Canada

#550040 Jul 18, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
He created it because He is creative. God is perfect loving
I want you to look in your mirror and ask your self why a HOLY GOD would create a spirit for Lucifer knowing a head of time that Lucifer was going to rule the earth with his evil ventures.

If that doesn't wake you out of your slumber ... there's something hopelessly wrong with your brain.

Prince George, Canada

#550041 Jul 18, 2014
If the supposed god had not created the spirit of Lucifer at first to be a shining light to then fall from Grace and take the people of the world into chaos ... humans would never have had to suffer ... RIGHT???

According to Christian theology ... we didn't choose to come to earth. God created Adam and Eve knowing they were going to sin and God created Lucifer KNOWING that Lucifer was going to lure humans into temptation.

Christian theology claims that it is the God that places the souls in the women.

The theology makes the GOD as being the first cause of SIN and the end result of ALL human suffering.

You can't get around the pile of manure that was created by the pens of ignorant men claiming to know universal truth, so I suggest that you stop trying. All that is left for you with which to fight ... is VANITY that your religion is based on HOLY literature!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#550042 Jul 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Gif says.....man was made for gods pleasure.
..Michael says......are you for real? Pain, suffering, hatre, jealousy, famine, starvation, disease, accidents are just a few elements that Most of mankind in our world suffers from..........
~~~

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU ARE DEAD TO UNDERSTANDING WHAT i HAVE WRITTEN

I used the word UTOPIA ,OF EDEN ... AND EXPLAINED IT CHANGED AFTER THE FALL...OF ADAM

THAT THE DOMINION OF THE EARTH THAT WAS ORIGINALLY GIVEN TO ADAM

ADAM GAVE IT TO THE DEVIL.

.I EVEN DEFINED ....THE DOMINION...FROM GENESIS

ALSO THAT IT WAS TAKEN BACK FROM THE DEVIL AT CALVARY AND GIVEN TO CHRISTIANS IN THE POWER OF JESUS NAME.

1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT
Pain, suffering, hate, jealousy, famine, starvation, disease, accidents ARE THE REQUISITES OF DEATH

YOU SEEM OBLIVIOUS TO WHAT i POSTED..

LIKE MOST HERE YOU GRASP A PART OF WHAT IS SAID AND IGNORE THE REST.

Prince George, Canada

#550043 Jul 18, 2014
Year after year I kept asking my brain-cells what was wrong with religion. And although it took me 70 years of confusion after confusion after confusion, I believe that I cracked the code.

There could be no suffering of all forms of life without the absolute intent of a supposed creator.

That is why I believe there has to be an explanation outside of religion ... because religion is absolute nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#550044 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU ARE DEAD TO UNDERSTANDING WHAT i HAVE WRITTEN
I used the word UTOPIA ,OF EDEN ... AND EXPLAINED IT CHANGED AFTER THE FALL...OF ADAM
THAT THE DOMINION OF THE EARTH THAT WAS ORIGINALLY GIVEN TO ADAM
ADAM GAVE IT TO THE DEVIL.
.I EVEN DEFINED ....THE DOMINION...FROM GENESIS
ALSO THAT IT WAS TAKEN BACK FROM THE DEVIL AT CALVARY AND GIVEN TO CHRISTIANS IN THE POWER OF JESUS NAME.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT
Pain, suffering, hate, jealousy, famine, starvation, disease, accidents ARE THE REQUISITES OF DEATH
YOU SEEM OBLIVIOUS TO WHAT i POSTED..
LIKE MOST HERE YOU GRASP A PART OF WHAT IS SAID AND IGNORE THE REST.
You are a raving, ranting self-ordained preacher ... who filled your ego to overflowing with VAIN JUNK.
>>>>>>> >>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD

Prince George, Canada

#550045 Jul 18, 2014
Now that we are aware that a god created the spirit of LUCIFER ... we also know that the god intended to place ILL-bodings on humans.

Other animals were never tempted by Lucifer because the god ordained that they would be free from religion.

tongue in cheek.

It's no wonder that so many humans went totally insane from trying to make sense of religious nonsense.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#550046 Jul 18, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

....who says "Thou shalt not kill" is a commandment that should be kept?
Even Jesus wanted to kill others.
Maybe you shouldn't read these passages, unless you believe Jesus could kill. Do you?
DOH!!
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What "on earth" has what you wrote, in common with what I posted???
I don't believe Jesus even existed. I was quoting what John Chrysostom wanted others to believe was based on truth.
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to Christians ... the one monotheistic God in the sky ... TURNED on the Jews with a vengeance UNKNOWN to mankind.
And by golly ... if the blinded people didn't agree~~~~~~~!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Words of John Chrysostom ... Catholic anti-Semite.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Although such beasts are unfit for work, they are fit for killing. And this is what happened to the Jews: while they were making themselves unfit for work, they grew fit for slaughter. This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".
reference = "This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".
JUSTACHRISTIAN

Barrie, Canada

#550047 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I don't believe their is a god or a savior that will reject supposed souls to hell, I have no fear of such idiocy.
Imagine the ignorance of referring to a SAVIOR as one that rejects souls to hell.
The theology is very silly.
A savior would make certain that not even one "soul" was ever lost ... because the savior would not give up on that last one soul.
He would say ... "You might give up on your self's worth, but I will never give up on YOU, as you are part of ME."
Madame, again you prove you know absolutely nothing. Jesus never rejects those who love and follow Him... but HE does reject those who refuse Him.
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#550048 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the world's human population go to bed hungry and miserable every night ... knowing that the next day might even be worse.
They have children they can't feed and fat religious brokers preaching at them to not use birth control or have abortions. They are suffering from hunger-related diseases and emotional diseases ... broken and bankrupt of JOY.
How fortunate is that?
I couldn't any longer bring my self to worship a supposed creator without having a load of guilt on my conscience.
....Catholic church encourages their followers to have a loving relationship with a spouse and go forth and multiply. The most important gift from God they claim.

......Yet the same catholic clergy who encourage their followers to this lifestyle, deny themselves the right to have a loving spouse and family themselves including the nuns.

...Is it about control?
..Is it about saving $$$$$.

..Do as we say, not as we do mentality.

....makes no common sense!

Albuquerque, NM

#550049 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As do YOU.
The difference between us is that am not a follower of a religion as are you.
You believe you are gifted leader of "spirituality."
Correct - "God" didn't write anything down - except if we were to accept the 10 Commandments as "from God"....and those haven't surfaced yet.

I don't follow a religion....I follow a philosophy....which just so happens to be related to spiritualism.

Please post where I've stated what you are implying.....that I am a "gifted leader of "spirituality."

Please stop lying about me.

Directness intended.

Prince George, Canada

#550050 Jul 18, 2014
For the many years that I was entangled in the web of religious lies, it worried those around me that I was going to end up in a mental institution.

Now I understand why they were so worried.

Many people ended up either in mental institutions or committing suicide to escape from the constant emotional confusion put upon them by theologians.

Now that I've escaped the religious nonsense I feel whole and at peace within.

I am thankful for the escape and that is why I spend day after day on the forum.

I suggest that you don't search for HOLINESS or PERFECTION as it is simply a theological illusion.

I don't want your money. I just want you to pay attention to your selves in the sense of feeling whole, without all that gibberish of spirit and soul and utopia luring you away from your selves.

I want others to also have that peace of mind to know that we all feel broken and have regrets and feel lost from time to time, but that we are indeed whole ... just as we are.

I wish nothing for you but peace within.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#550051 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I want you to look in your mirror and ask your self why a HOLY GOD would create a spirit for Lucifer knowing a head of time that Lucifer was going to rule the earth with his evil ventures.
If that doesn't wake you out of your slumber ... there's something hopelessly wrong with your brain.
God has His reasons. And they may not be our business to know right now.

Albuquerque, NM

#550052 Jul 18, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are more dedicated then any person that believes in a higher power here. Your "religion" is what you spit every single day.
I'm not sure you can call June's dribble as a religion.

It appears to me she has chosen not to understand, but utilize a quotation book as her source of "facts".

Albuquerque, NM

#550053 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The world never did run short of supposed "spiritual LEADERS" ... all tooting their own horns by claiming to own "knowledge" in the form of spiritual "enlightenment."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Pistis Sophia: A Coptic Gnostic Text with Commentary
The Coptic Gnostic narrative theme which attempts to explain the dilemma of humanity's predicament as a realm of intelligence amidst many realms of Life, both visible and invisible. It also emphasizes the role of female disciples in the ministry of Jesus the Christ. The later chapters contain much information concerning the soul and its origin: exploring how the soul comes to birth through the Virgin of Light and departs from earth-life. The text also explains how the soul works within the Light-power and the spiritual elements in humanity, all being connected with the strivings of Wisdom/Sophia.
http://www.amazon.com/Pistis-Sophia-Coptic-Gn ...
Jealousy will get you nowhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... 10 hr Mark 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Married in 9,533
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
More from around the web