Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691904 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#550358 Jul 19, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Bibble-dee-babble-dee-boo!
How is it that your town can use so much electricity yet not give you a single light bulb?!
you need the light bulb to help you read what I said.

I SAID NOTHING ABOUT MY TOWN.LOL

Location hidden

#550359 Jul 19, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question, it said BELIEVERS(SAVED by Jesus) died under the discipline of the Lord.
They may have lost rewards but no where does it say they lost their Salvation.
You are wrong.
your posts continue to just ramble on. you are like oxbore, you cant make any sense to anything that you say.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#550360 Jul 19, 2014
LTM wrote:
"What does it mean that we are not to love the world?"
Clearly, you have been indoctrinated to an extent such that you cannot think outside the box of your religion. You can no longer think for yourself. You lead a wholly scripted life, no different than being a cult member. But who am I to demean? My apologies if I have. We see life from different vantage points. The key difference is that you claim to know Absolute Truth, not through your own journey but through prescription, whereas I am a Rationalist. Honestly, I wouldn't trade my position for yours if I could!
Good luck, and remember: don't be sanctimonious and judgmental "in the name of god!"

Location hidden

#550361 Jul 19, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
This verse includes believers who died, that they were being disciplined by the Lord, so as not to be condemned along with the world, no?
30That is why many of you are weak and sick and some have even died.
31But if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged by God in this way. 32Yet when we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned along with the world.
Husband says your wrong.
then husband disagrees with what this commentator says and believes.

People's Bible Notes for 1 Corinthians 11:30

1Co 11:30 For this cause, many [are] weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. Some have held that this means that the improper observance of the supper has made many weak and sickly Christians, and some had even died spiritually.

to die spiritually means that you died a sinner and were lost.

Of course in the church that you attend, you and your husband don't go to the Lord in prayer and MAKE SURE your sins are under the Blood.

In FACT, he cant know what it means since he isn't a Preacher.

and since the student cant be greater than the teacher, you are like a dodo following the Blind guide and some day, both of you will fall in that ditch which is hell.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#550362 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you need the light bulb to help you read what I said.
I SAID NOTHING ABOUT MY TOWN.LOL
Oh, good lord have a seizure! I meant to say "county" - will I ever recover?! Pray fer me 'cowboy...pray real darn good.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#550363 Jul 19, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS SO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK ON HERE JETHRO, PLEASE FORGIVE THE CAPS, MY EYES GIVE ME PROBLEMS, GETTING TO BE AN OLD GIRL.
I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE DOING BETTER, GEESE MAKE WONDERFUL PETS. THERE NOT A DOG BUT HEY.
SO FAR THIS YEAR I HAVE PLAYED MOM TO, 7 CHIPMUCKS, A POOR KITTY THAT WAS JUST SKIN AND BONE, WITH A BROKEN LEG, AND NOW I AM TRYING TO GET MY HANDS ON ANOTHER ONE , WHOSE OWNER PASSED AWAY AND SOMEONE JUST TURNED THE CAT LOOSE.
I HAVE BEEN LEAVING FOOD AND WATER OUT FOR HIM, SO HE IS EATING, BUT NOW I HAVE ATTRACTED A RACCOON, ITS ONLY A BABY.
I AM CALLING THE SPCA, FOR SOME WAY TO CATCH IT, IT WILL NOT SURVIVE ON ITS OWN.
THE FAMILY IS DOING MUCH BETTER, MY SON HAS GONE BACK TO OTTAWA, WITH HIS WIFE AND SON.
MY DAUGHTER IS GETTING SOME SERIOUS HELP, AND DOING MUCH BETTER.
MY HUSBAND IS DOING WONDERFUL , HEALTHY AND FREE OF A LOT OF PAIN.
I MISS TALKING WITH YOU JETHRO, I WAS OFF HERE FOR AWHILE MY EYES WERE REALLY GIVING ME TROUBLE.
THE FUNNY THING, IS I HAVE TO PUT MY FONTS UP HIGH, BUT HAD TO TAKE MY GLASSES OFF, BECAUSE IT WAS BLURRY, ONE DAY I PUT MY HUSBANDS READING GLASSES ON AND CAN SEE THE COMPUTER , BUT HAVE TO KEEP THE CAPS ON LOL.
i AM GLAD YOUR BACK, I AM STILL PRAYING FOR YOU JETHRO, AND THINK OF YOU OFTEN, AND YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO DIE .
YOUR KIDNEYS OK NOW OR DO YOU HAVE TO GO BACK FOR MORE chemo.
MY HUSBANDS SISTER IS STILL GOING THROUGH CHEMO OR JUST FINISHED I AM NOT SURE, SHE SUPPOSE TO BE COMING UP SOON, SO I AM ASSUMING SHE IS FINISHED.
NO WONDER YOU ARE BURNT OUT TRYING TO WORK TAKING CHEMO, CAN'T BE EASY.
I AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR G/F JETHRO, SOME PEOPLE CAN'T HANDLE SEEING PEOPLE THEY CARE ABOUT SO ILL.
TAKE CARE JETHRO.:)
I take a chemo pill every day and will as long as it works, i'll be stuck with a tube in my kidney the rest of my life, i have to have my fonts up a little because of my eyes, it's nice to be back and see you and some of the other people here, not much has changed, still fighting who knows the bible better than the other, no one is trying to prove the point of this forum, I'm the only one really, and in my opinion due to the evil the church has done over the centuries, and takes it's beliefs from both pagan and christian writings and created the catholic religion. god didn't do that, man did, and there is nothing written that god told man to do that, so how can it be true? come winter time i don't know how I'm going to get this goose out of here,if it doesn't fly away I'm stuck with him/her, the cat likes it, teases the hell out of it, same with my sisters dog it goes after it every chance it gets, bites him in the butt lol, which is fine by me, i hate the dog, he's a biter and royal pain, barks at every little thing. I'm glad things are looking up for you. hope they keep getting better for you, and we can chat a long time here.
Sludgemuncher

Johannesburg, South Africa

#550364 Jul 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!!...NO!!!....NO!!!!
.....Its a wonderful religion. There are many happy catholics on this forum, and over 1 Billion worldwide. Ask them. They will warm your cold heart.
You are delusional, Michael, Yes, maybe 1 billion people are Roman Catholics, but where are they ?? Mostly living in utter poverty in Central and South America, so they know no better than to adopt the religion of their forebears. This is the way life is ! Would you expect someone living in, say, Saudi Arabia to decide to convert to Buddism ? No, it wont happen. Don't get me wrong,- I don't hate RCs, many of my friends are RC, its just that I feel that the whole RC thing has passed its sell by date and needs some serious overhauling to be done in order to give it some credibility which it so desperately lacks at present.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#550365 Jul 19, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
A 'tard with a hollow theology.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#550366 Jul 19, 2014
Sludgemuncher wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong,- I don't hate RCs, many of my friends are RC...
Maybe you should. They're funding the world's largest child rape and torture ring in the history of the world.

"In the 1950s, Fr. Gerald Fitzgerald, who founded the Congregation of the Servants of the Paraclete (a religious order that treats Roman Catholic priests who struggle with personal difficulties such as pedophilia), concluded that "[sexual abuse] offenders were unlikely to change and should not be returned to ministry", and this was discussed with Pope Paul VI (1897 – 1978) and "in correspondence with several bishops".

Your friends are harboring terrorists, and funding their escape from justice.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#550367 Jul 19, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, VERY GOOD POINT PAIN LETS US KNOW SOMETHING IS WRONG IN OUR BODIES.
If you want pain, I'll give you some. And while I'm busy jabbing you with a knife you can thank GOD for the touching experience.

You IDIOT!

None of you people will answer the question of why a god would create animals to suffer pain when the non-human animals couldn't possibly SIN against the god.

You worship the image of a monster in your desperation to hope that you are saved from the wrath of the very same monster that you believe has the will and the power to reject human souls to eternal hell.

Nuttier than fruitcakes.

usa

#550368 Jul 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash!!!.......The "only disconnect" comes from anti-Catholic liberal media " hack pollsters and writers" who are "so desperate" that they will "cherry pick and pre-select" ONLY those (lip service liberal Catholics who have rejected and fallen away for the faith to complete their "one-sided distorted polls..... This is the ONLY way that these " phony pollsters" can get the % numbers to "come out the way they want...... The fact that the Catholic Church is the ONLY Christian Church that continues to grow world-wide (EVERY YEAR by at least 1.5% only shows that Proetstant bible only's,atheists and agnostics are just as " desperate" as the media "hack writers" in their "failures" to undermine Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His Universal Catholic Church.....
churches are closing all over the country and around the world, but the numbers are growing, you know why? they are bringing in illegal aliens from south America and putting them to work through agencies, and they must join the church and donate part of their wages to the church and that is how they are raising their so called numbers. In Georgia there having big problems with illegals because of the church, people want it stopped and so do I, there's no jobs for people who rightfully belong here never mind illegals just so they can fool people into thinking that church numbers are going up. i haven't checked in awhile but since i've been here hojo you've been saying the church has been growing 1.5% a year THAT'S A LIE. it's struggling to survive, other wise churches wouldn't be closing.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#550369 Jul 19, 2014
LTM wrote:
"What does it mean that we are not to love the world?"
It means that you are to hate material things because they are EVIL and lead you into temptation of the devil.

Ridiculous claptrap.

You don't see the pope and his entourage hating their servants that wait on them as though they are royalty ... do you??? They quite enjoy their material comforts.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#550370 Jul 19, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is. The Catholic Church is the world's largest and richest child rape organization, with BILLIONS spent in hush money, tens of thousands of confirmed victims and THOUSANDS of priest rapists.
And nuns are raped more than little boys.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...
And to this day, these criminals are still harbored by the church as fugitives from justice. and it's all funded by you and your delusional ilk.
Pray for yourselves. If there is a hell, there's a special place for Catholics who raped and tortured these children, as well as those who fund their escape from the law.
Pedophilia occurs in places of worship ... schools, and homes and in the work forces all through society.

Protestant churches are segregated from each other which makes the pedophilia more difficult to trace ... while the Catholic church is more united and therefore takes far more flack.

Location hidden

#550371 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and that is WHY God called me to Preach and not idiots like you and oxbore.
who was afraid to answer my question about "free will".
If a person has "free will" to come to the Lord and be Saved, he/she also has "free will" to leave His wings.
just look at how stupid that your response to me really is.
they will "die for sinning".
If they die in a sinful state, they will be resurrected in that sinful state.
just another example of how ignorant that YOU are.lol
even the catholics on this forum are smarter than you and oxbore.
You are not following the teaching of the Word of God...you are not trusting in the LORD with all your heart. You are leaning on your natural man understanding. Your university produced "wisdom"..

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Show me Scripture that teaches the opposite....you can't because that would show a fallible Word of God...which it ain't....

You were called of God as much as the Pink Rabbit were....
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#550372 Jul 19, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock. Tell that to the child suffering from disease, or the mother who just lost her baby, or the man who lost his legs in Iraq....
Get this one from the wanna-be saint Mother Teresa.

Horrible attitude toward the suffering of others. She was a mentally ill woman.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light … The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”… edited and with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.

The physical condition of my poor left in the streets unwanted, unloved, unclaimed—are the true picture of my own spiritual life, of my love for Jesus, and yet this terrible pain has never made me desire to have it different.—What’s more, I want it to be like this for as long as He wants it.—
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#550373 Jul 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not following the teaching of the Word of God....
Yeah RIGHT ... get with it and cause some more suffering by "instructing" others that the loving monster of a god will reject them to eternity in hell for not worshipping him for all the suffering that without his creation couldn't exist.

Let us all join hands in prayer and say ... "Thank you god for all the suffering that without you we would not have in as our presents."

Blatant IDIOCY!
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#550374 Jul 19, 2014
in our midst as our presents.

usa

#550375 Jul 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Year after year I kept asking my brain-cells what was wrong with religion. And although it took me 70 years of confusion after confusion after confusion, I believe that I cracked the code.
There could be no suffering of all forms of life without the absolute intent of a supposed creator.
That is why I believe there has to be an explanation outside of religion ... because religion is absolute nonsense.
I agree,"if true" no where is it written that Jesus sent his disciples out amongst the people to start a religious organization. they were suppose to spread his fathers word that's all. and if there is suppose to be an organized group we would all be Jewish since Jesus/god were Jewish, they were not catholic, protestant, baptist ETC. how come your not over in Israel fighting for Jesus' people HOJO? help stop them from getting shelled? your one of gods people he'll protect you, you have nothing to fear.
June VanDerMark

Burns Lake, Canada

#550376 Jul 19, 2014
I wouldn't thank an image of a god for my own suffering ... much less have the sheer audacity to be thankful for the suffering of other humans and for the non-human animals.

THAT mentality is SICK!!!

It is sadistic on ALL fronts.

Location hidden

#550377 Jul 19, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
"There is no 'do it yourself' in the Church, no 'free agents'. How many times did Pope Benedict describe the Church as an ecclesial 'us'! Sometimes one can hear people say,'I believe in God, I believe in Jesus, but I do not care for the Church ...'How many times have we heard that? And that is no good. "
Some "think they can have a personal, direct, immediate relationship with Jesus Christ outside of the communion and the mediation of the Church. Such temptations are dangerous and harmful. They are, in the words of the great Pope Paul VI, absurd dichotomies."
Indeed, "walking together is challenging, and can sometimes be laborious. Some brother or sister might cause a problem, or a scandal ... But the Lord entrusted his message of salvation to humans, to all of us, to witnesses. It is through our brothers and our sisters, with their gifts and their limits, that he comes to us and makes himself known. This is what it means to belong to the Church. "
"Let us ask for," the pope said in concluding, "the grace of never falling into the temptation of thinking we can do without others, without the Church, and save ourselves on our own."
"We cannot love God without loving our brothers and sisters; we cannot love God outside of the Church; we cannot be in communion with God without being in the Church; and we cannot be good Christians if we are not with all those who seek to follow the Lord Jesus, as one people, one body. And this is the Church."
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/For-pope,-we-a...
Every Pastor I have ever heard preaching, always, every time, no matter how many times, first reads the Scripture on which he will preach....I see you have never heard of this practice...but, that is no surprise...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 16 hr Frindly 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web