Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#550338 Jul 19, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, peace...
FYI;
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2014/06/seeking-jesus-...
AnthonyMN

Peace

I read the article. It was a spin piece.

I am afraid, although I think the intention may not be well understood, the English could not be mistaken, and I hold to my opinion that the Pope's Message was wrong.(Another point, is that this appears to be downplayed at the Vatican. I can't find the whole message. To many politics involved....)

I am nostalgic for the John Paul II times....Every word he spoke or wrote was brilliant.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#550339 Jul 19, 2014
it is clear to all that if a person dies in Sin,there is no repentance in the grave; therefore they can not ask for forgiveness to an All hearing God.

and if demas could cry out from the grave, then he is saved
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#550340 Jul 19, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst... June... He only cares about the men who created Him in their image...
Of course.

Polytheists were quite able to hire and fire gods if the gods didn't please them ... but you can't fire ONE god ... because you would HAVE no god at all.

:)
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#550341 Jul 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
If you mean that animals may experience pain, then my answer is a definite yes.(But that is qualified as some in the animal kingdom may not have nerve/brain mechanisms which we know as pain.)
You appear to limit suffering and pain as a negative experience only, while it has positive value as well. Admittedly, we tend to avoid pain and suffering as a defensive mechanism, yet when such avoidance becomes extreme in the mental sense, then fear occurs and cowardice. This leads to neurosis(its the basis of psychological aberration), and also in a behavioral sense as a lack of fortitude.
Robert, VERY GOOD POINT PAIN LETS US KNOW SOMETHING IS WRONG IN OUR BODIES. OR IF WE ACCIDENTAL TOUCH SOMETHING THAT IS HOT.
ANIMALS FEEL PAIN, LOVE, ETC. JUST AS HUMANS DO.
THEY HAVE NERVES IN THEIR BODIES, THEY USE THEIR BRAIN BEYOND WHAT HUMANS DO.
THEY TRAVEL MILES FOR FOOD, AND FIND THEIR WAY BACK TO THEIR DENS OR HOMES.
A MAN CAT WILL SPRAY, HIS SCENT EVERY FEW FEET TRAVELING MILES SOME TIMES AND THEM SMELL THEIR OWN SCENT BACK HOME.
MOST ANIMALS LEAVE THEIR SCENT IN SOME WAY , TO MARK THEIR TERRITORY.
ANIMALS ARE ALSO VERY LOYAL, AND KINDER THEN HUMANS. AND VERY MISUNDERSTOOD.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#550342 Jul 19, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it's not a Remedial English class either...
your object should be this'

I am lying or I am speaking the truth.

nothing else matters to me.

BTW< I write lousy too.lol.

However with all of my faults,

I am saved, how about You?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#550343 Jul 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
I think marge is confused on the issue of salvation.... and being eternally dying out of the presence of God. She recognizes that there are human flaws, sins, which one brings to the grave, but should in good conscience turn away from and turn to God.
Agreed one must accept God's Will, but accept the Grace of God for Mercy! It is most difficult to accept that Mercy in a state of sin, but rather in humility and righteousness before God.
You reverted back to your sermonizing tactics without answering my question.

Do you notice how you always avoid what is uncomfortable to you Robert???

You are VERY dishonest with your self.

VERY!!!

But you have a lot of company, as not one preacher on this forum will come forth to answer the question of WHY a god would create non-human animals to suffer 24/7 other than for the reason of his own CRUEL and INHUMANE entertainment.

Location hidden

#550344 Jul 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as slippery as a snake in a pond of slime.
You didn't answer my question at all.
Do you believe that the suffering in non-human animals that occurs 24/7 was intention on the part of a creator???
YES ... or ... NO???
June

I answered with a qualified yes....It depends on your definition of suffering, and non-human animals.

In Zoology there are many different types of animals. Although viruses are semi-life forms, I just don't see the mechanism for viruses to suffer....

Also if one strictly defines suffering as pain.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#550345 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>liars have to fugure out how they can change the Word of God........
Yes!!......The changes, the manipulation, the distortion and the self interesting "twisting" of the Word of God began over 450 years ago at the Protestant Reformation beginning with Luther, the Zwingli, Wycliffe, Hus, Calvin, Hedio, Cranmer, Knox, Petri, Jonas,flack us and on and on and on (now) into the 21st century with Confrinting, Oxbow, Marge, you Cowboy and other Bible only fundies ALL changing the TRUE biblical interetation of the Word of God which was initiated by tha Early Church Fathers, who WROTE the Bible in 382, 393 and 397 AD....God "never" was nor "ever" will be the author of your bible only contradiction, confusion and inconsistent interpretation of the Word of God in the bible!....

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#550346 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
it is clear to all that if a person dies in Sin,there is no repentance in the grave; therefore they can not ask for forgiveness to an All hearing God.
and if demas could cry out from the grave, then he is saved
Bibble-dee-babble-dee-boo!

How is it that your town can use so much electricity yet not give you a single light bulb?!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#550347 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then let him get on here and say so.
If a person dies in a sinful state, they are not going to enter Heaven, let him prove my statement is false.
I would like to see any KJV Bible that says otherwise.
the Bible is clear that as the tree falls, so shall it lie.
many times, when speaking of trees, it is a figure of speech that alludes to a person or persons.
YOUR HUSBAND HAS TO BE DUMBER THAN YOU, HE MARRIED YOU
You didn't answer the question, it said BELIEVERS(SAVED by Jesus) died under the discipline of the Lord.

They may have lost rewards but no where does it say they lost their Salvation.

You are wrong.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#550348 Jul 19, 2014
Hebrews 12:7
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Seattle, WA

#550349 Jul 19, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>your object should be this'
I am lying or I am speaking the truth.
nothing else matters to me.
BTW< I write lousy too.lol.
However with all of my faults,
I am saved, how about You?
Well, at least you have that make-believe salvation thing going for you!

Me? I'm ALIVE. When that's over I'll be dead. Dust. Gone. Lights out, just as a new life is brought into the world someplace else. What is so horrific to you people about that?

I am unconcerned about what man-made religion has to say about my soul. As long as I'm alive I will possess a soul, a spirit and a persona that has shined bright all my life... without dependency on your god.

Thanks for sharing!
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#550350 Jul 19, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Madame, you have perfectly captured the irrational and deranged mind of the orthodox christian. Your HOWLING AT THE MOON is reflective of someone who is filled with doubt about your convictions...in fact, your behavior is quite ungodly...
NO SIR, I AM PRAISING MY CREATOR AND NOT HIS CREATION.

GOD CREATED A PERFECT WORLD MAN WANTING TO DO THEIR OWN THING HAS RECARD GOD AS NOT ESSENTIAL, I DON'T.
GOD IS THE VERY AIR THAT I BREATHE.

GOD WON'T INTERFER IN A PERSONS LIFE, HE IS A GENTLEMAN, HE WAITS TILL HE IS INVITED. PEOPLE HAVE NOT BECAUSE THEY ASK NOT.
MATTHEW 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

1JOHN 2:15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
MAN IS RESPONDSIBLE FOR THE MESS WE ARE IN, WE CAN'T BLAME GOD.

Location hidden

#550351 Jul 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You reverted back to your sermonizing tactics without answering my question.
Do you notice how you always avoid what is uncomfortable to you Robert???
You are VERY dishonest with your self.
VERY!!!
But you have a lot of company, as not one preacher on this forum will come forth to answer the question of WHY a god would create non-human animals to suffer 24/7 other than for the reason of his own CRUEL and INHUMANE entertainment.
June

Third times the charm....A qualified yes. God does create life, and therefore suffering that exists within the natural world exists as part of His Purpose. To know God's Purpose then one would have the mind of God.

In Jesus, God became human, and therefore it seems irrational to say that Jesus was cruel and inhumane, considering what he preached and taught. But experienced humanity's cruelty instead.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#550352 Jul 19, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I know that there r beings we can't see. I used to live in a haunted house. Visitors also witnessed incidences. It was not pleasant at all. I finally asked my neighbor about the place...who lived there before, and she said one of her aunts did years ago (the neighbor was an old lady). She was uncomfortable to tell me that the aunt was a fortune teller, card reader, and seance holder (medium). I never saw anything except the occasional flitting dark shadow, but there was without doubt an entity there which caused objects to do strange things. TV turn on by itself, change channels by itself, computer keyboard type by itself, battery operated toy car start and run by itself...without batteries. Knocks on the door at 3 am. Cold all the time, scratching noises in attic,(knocks on door without activating the motion sensing light). My toddler seeing things I couldn't. Her refusing to go into a particular room. Above all, a feeling of being watched and that I might at anytime turn a corner and be face to face with "it".
you have any proof? pictures? video? anybody can say what you did, just to draw interest in the house or just to tell tales, to believe it, I'd have to see it in person, right in front of me. I'm hard person to convince, without evidence how can you prove it's true?

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Seattle, WA

#550353 Jul 19, 2014
marge wrote:
Hebrews 12:7
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?
What a crock. Tell that to the child suffering from disease, or the mother who just lost her baby, or the man who lost his legs in Iraq....

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#550354 Jul 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedophilia does not only occur in countless places of religious worship ... it occurs in homes all over the world.
It's a common problem ... and it's not fair to target one specific group.
Yes, it is. The Catholic Church is the world's largest and richest child rape organization, with BILLIONS spent in hush money, tens of thousands of confirmed victims and THOUSANDS of priest rapists.

And nuns are raped more than little boys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...

And to this day, these criminals are still harbored by the church as fugitives from justice. and it's all funded by you and your delusional ilk.

Pray for yourselves. If there is a hell, there's a special place for Catholics who raped and tortured these children, as well as those who fund their escape from the law.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#550355 Jul 19, 2014
"What does it mean that we are not to love the world?"

Answer: First John 2:15-16 says, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world." Yet John 3:16 begins, "For God so loved the world ..." So, God loves the world, but we are not supposed to? Why the apparent contradiction?

In the Bible, the term world can refer to the earth and physical universe (Hebrews 1:2; John 13:1), but it most often refers to the humanistic system that is at odds with God (Matthew 18:7; John 15:19; 1 John 4:5). When the Bible says that God loves the world, it is referring to the human beings who live here (1 John 4:9). And as His children, we are to love other people (Romans 13:8; 1 John 4:7; 1 Peter 1:22). The parable of the Good Samaritan makes it clear we cannot pick and choose whom to love (Luke 10:30-37).

When we are told not to love the world, the Bible is referring to the world's corrupt value system. Satan is the god of this world, and he has his own value system contrary to God's (2 Corinthians 4:4). First John 2:16 details exactly what Satan's system promotes: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life. Every sin imaginable can be summed up in those three evils; envy, adultery, pride, lying, selfishness, and more spring from those three roots.

The world is what we leave when we come to Christ. Isaiah 55:7 says that coming to God involves a forsaking of our own ways and thoughts. John Bunyan, in his book The Pilgrim’s Progress, pictures the believer’s position as having “his eyes lift up to heaven,” holding “the best of books” in his hand, and standing with “the world as cast behind him”(p. 34).

The world often applauds sin. Hollywood encourages us to envy sinners and to foolishly compare ourselves with the "beautiful people" (see Proverbs 23:17). Often the popularity of "stars" is due to their ability to stir in us dissatisfaction with our own lives. Advertisers prey on our natural tendency to love this world, and most marketing campaigns appeal in some way to the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, or the pride of life.

Loving the world means being devoted to the world’s treasures, philosophies, and priorities. God tells His children to set their priorities according to His eternal value system. We are to “seek first” God’s kingdom and righteousness (Matthew 6:33). No one can serve two masters (Matthew 6:24), and we cannot be devoted to both God and the world at the same time.

When we enter God's family through faith in Christ, God gives us the ability to exit the world's rat race (2 Corinthians 5:17). We become citizens of another kingdom (Philippians 1:27, 3:20). Our desires turn heavenward, and we begin to store up eternal treasure (Luke 12:33; Matthew 19:21; 1 Timothy 6:18-19). We realize that what is truly important is eternal, not temporal, and we stop loving the world.

To continue to love the world the way unbelievers do will cripple our spiritual growth and render us fruitless for God's kingdom (Matthew 3:8; Luke 6:43-45; John 15:1-8). In John 12:25, Jesus took this thought a step further when He said, "Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life." Not loving the world extends to our own lives as well. Jesus said if we love anything more than Him, we are not worthy of Him (Matthew 10:37-38).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/do-not-love-the-w...

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Seattle, WA

#550356 Jul 19, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
NO SIR, I AM PRAISING MY CREATOR AND NOT HIS CREATION.
GOD CREATED A PERFECT WORLD MAN WANTING TO DO THEIR OWN THING HAS RECARD GOD AS NOT ESSENTIAL, I DON'T.
GOD IS THE VERY AIR THAT I BREATHE.
GOD WON'T INTERFER IN A PERSONS LIFE, HE IS A GENTLEMAN, HE WAITS TILL HE IS INVITED. PEOPLE HAVE NOT BECAUSE THEY ASK NOT.
MATTHEW 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
1JOHN 2:15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
MAN IS RESPONDSIBLE FOR THE MESS WE ARE IN, WE CAN'T BLAME GOD.
Ok... but why on earth does someone need to believe in your god in order to live a full and happy life? Guess again. We DON'T.

Your religious dogma is immensely elaborate and overwrought. Long before Jesus, man had developed sophisticated spiritual connections with the world around him. Man has always been guided by his conscious and his imagination. These attributes have evolved as man has evolved. To think we rely on a 2,000 year old man-made religion to guide us through life is - to many of us - quite silly!
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#550357 Jul 19, 2014
FOR JUNE.

"Why does God allow the innocent to suffer?"

Answer: In answering this question, the first thing to consider is whether such a thing as “the innocent” even exists. According to the Bible,“the heart is wicked and deceitful above all things”(Jeremiah 17:9), and “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”(Romans 3:23). Therefore, no one is innocent in the sense of being sinless. Sin entered the world when Adam and Eve rebelled against God in the Garden of Eden, and mankind has been in rebellion ever since. Sin’s effects permeate everything, and the suffering we see all around us is a direct result of that sin.

But God did not leave us here to suffer pointlessly. Our loving and merciful God has a perfect plan to use that suffering to accomplish His threefold purpose. First, He uses pain and suffering to draw us to Himself so that we will cling to Him. Jesus said,“In the world you shall have tribulation”(John 16:33). Trials and distress are not something unusual in life; they are part of what it means to be human in a fallen world. In Christ we have an anchor that holds fast in all the storms of life, but if we never sail into those storms, how would we know that? It is in times of despair and sorrow that we reach out to Him, and, if we are His children, we always find Him there waiting to comfort and uphold us through it all. In this way, He proves His faithfulness to us and ensures that we will stay close to Him. An added benefit is that as we experience God’s comfort through trials, we are then able to comfort others in the same way (2 Corinthians 1:4).

Second, He proves to us that our faith is real through the suffering and pain that are inevitable in this life. How we respond to suffering is determined by the genuineness of our faith. Those with faith truly from God,“the author and finisher of our faith”(Hebrews 12:2), will not be crushed by suffering, but will come through the trial with their faith intact, having been “proven through fire” so that it “might be found to praise and honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ”(1 Peter 1:7). Those are the ones who do not shake their fists at God or question His goodness, but instead “count it all joy”(James 1:2), knowing that trials prove that they are truly the children of God.“Blessed is the man who endures temptation, because having been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him”(James 1:12).

Finally, God uses suffering to take our eyes off this world and put them on the next. The Bible continually exhorts us to not get caught up in the things of this world, but to look forward to the world to come. This world and all that is in it will pass away, but the kingdom of God is eternal. Jesus said,“My kingdom is not of this world”(John 18:36), and those who would follow Him must not see the things of this life, both good and bad, as the end of the story. Even the sufferings we endure and which seem so terrible “are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed in us”(Romans 8:18).

Could God prevent all suffering? Of course. But He assures us that “all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose”(Romans 8:28). So even suffering is part of the “all things” that God is using to accomplish His good purposes. His plan is perfect, His character is flawless, and those who trust Him will not be disappointed.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/innocent-suffer .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web