Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600097 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549708 Jul 17, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not what I believe. You think you can tell people what they believe? You prove it's athiests who think they are all knowing. LMAO
So now you are suggesting that you believe that Atheists (who don't place any FAITH whatsoever in the existence of Jesus and God)... will be welcomed BY Jesus and God into Christian heaven.

When you lie to your self your lies will be exposed to others that read your words.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#549709 Jul 17, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there Jethro nice to see you, Ltm was asking where you were at and if anyone knew. And No the catholics are still not telling the truth. Blessings!
nice to see you remember me as i do you, and LTM, was wondering if you guys were still on here. and yes i have seen that nothings changed, no one is trying to prove the Vatican's statement, they are just quoting scripture and insulting each other. the corruption under the roof of the church proves it's just a phony religion, created to make money and steal land to become the biggest, richest religion in the world. they killed millions over the centuries when people refused to join their church. would gods true church have to do that? no it wouldn't, people would know in their hearts which is the true church and if god/Jesus actually existed. people are their ancestors religion like my ex-g/f, she is only catholic because her parents are and seriously drilled it into her. but after this child molesting scandal she is having second thoughts about the church, but will not do anything about it until her parents are gone, she is thinking of changing churches, she lied every Sunday to her parents, her mother always called chatted and the first thing always asked " did you go to church this morning" and the ex would lie to her and say yes. it sad but she'd be disowned by them if they found out.

Prince George, Canada

#549710 Jul 17, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't put my faith in men, you should have gotten that by now.
You won't place any faith whatsoever in the "agendas" of the men that wrote the literature in the Jewish Talmud ... yet you place ALL of your faith in the "agendas" of the men that wrote your FAVORITE Christian literature.

If you don't see the double-standard ... it's because the lie you fed to your self is blind-sighting your view.

DO NOT PLACE YOUR FAITH IN THE AGENDAS OF MORTAL MEN!!!
USA Born

Upland, CA

#549711 Jul 17, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>well said plus this poster also from Canada, is he close to the Vanderkamp's? Is it uncle Atheist Mike?
Perhaps minion Mike. Don't know, your call.

usa

#549712 Jul 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> It is in the mouth of the speaker..
what speaker? man is not to be trusted, so who is the speaker that can be trusted? can't be the pope he is just a man, elected to his office by other ordinary men. so who is it?

Prince George, Canada

#549713 Jul 17, 2014
truth wrote:
its written
Christians will be abuse and prosecuted
is that secrets
noooooooooooooooo
It was also written by those in other religions such as the Native Indians that Christians came to abuse and prosecute the Natives in the name of their GOD!

DO NOT PLACE YOUR FAITH IN THE AGENDAS OF MEN THAT WROTE STORIES OF GODS.
USA Born

Upland, CA

#549714 Jul 17, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
All believers "know" their religions to be "true." You're no different than any other believer of any other religion in the world.
You're no different than any other atheist. What difference does it make?
USA Born

Upland, CA

#549715 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are suggesting that you believe that Atheists (who don't place any FAITH whatsoever in the existence of Jesus and God)... will be welcomed BY Jesus and God into Christian heaven.
When you lie to your self your lies will be exposed to others that read your words.
I don't believe in a "Christian" heaven. God will separte the wheat from the tares, not me.

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come

usa

#549716 Jul 17, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!!......Same old TRUTH of the TRUE historical and biblical TRUTH of the Bible, the "same old"TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the TRUTh of Jesus Christ and the "same old" One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ that He formed, initiated and established in Matthew 16......Nice to have you back Jethro8.......What brings you back?.... Non-Catholic like yourself (always and eventually return "searching" to come to TRUTH of TRUE Church History, the TRUE interpretation of the Word of God, and the Fullness of the faith in Jesus Christ, which is ONLY found and manifested in HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church ( the Bride of Christ)....
well i came back to see if anyone has come up with positive proof about the Vatican statement, and i haven't seen any proof yet, not even what you preach, Mathew says nothing about the catholic church being his church. he does not say it, so it can not be so. the first church is suppose to be in Antioch, that is not true, the church of Antioch was a christian church captured by the Romans an given to the pagan/christian church. jesus was not a pagan so why would he support a pagan church? and you can not deny the church of rome is not pagan in origin, it's covered in pagan symbols along with christian symbols thrown in. all started by emperor Constantine, and pagan priest Linus was chosen to be the churches first leader.

Prince George, Canada

#549717 Jul 17, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. She's given up on fantasies and no longer requires other people to direct her moral structure
2. She acknowledges that "sin" is not a useful way to think about behavior, nor a positive guide to one's behavior
3. Therefore guilt over normal, every day behaviors no longer applies, freeing the unbeliever from very silly stress
and:
4. To help you. You are hurting. You are limiting yourself and constraining your full potential as a contributor to humanity. Once free of your bonds of mental slavery, you could only grow as a person.
What you wrote is correct. I want to free others from having any dependency on religious literature ... as I was finally able to free my self.

It was not fear however that kept me in religion for so many years. It was confusion of not knowing how to untangle all of the entangled thoughts that had been planted, and had grown in my mind from childhood.

While cleaning house, I booted many words associated with religion out of my vocabulary as being of no more beneficial use to me.

The first word of course being "religion" itself. Others are words such as perfection, holy, evil, sinister, spirit, soul, enlightened, wise, saved, lost, utopia, heaven, hell, knowledge, saint, devils, gods, reincarnation, et cetera.

Of course being that I must use language to post what I write, I must bring these words into my posts ... but it is now for a different reason ... as I don't have any more trust in the meanings of those words whatsoever.

From my perception words used and bragged of as being universal truth by theologians ought to be thrown in the archaic bin of trouble-making JUNK!

Prince George, Canada

#549718 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I can post whatever I want. If you don't like it don't read it.......and quit running off to others to boost your ego all the time, your not impressing anyone.
The Protestants are on this thread to assure the Catholics that Jesus and God agree that the Catholics are going to hell ... and the Catholics are here to declare that Jesus and God support them in their claims of owning the one and only truth in the universe.

The battle that throughout history depended on military MIGHT ... now seems to depend on DICTIONARY might.

Prince George, Canada

#549719 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And you make enemies where you didn't need to...people who disagreed with you who were not mean to you as others were...that's,on you Michael ...
And you believe that when you preach that Jesus is the only way to salvation ... that you are being KIND???

You really need to give your head a shake and clean that arrogance out of your attic ... "addict."

Most of the people of the world do not believe that Jesus IS their savior.

I suggest that the universe does not exist to feed only YOUR religious belief.
USA Born

Upland, CA

#549720 Jul 17, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>if any persosn needs to be abused, it is and was you.
abuse is what you did to Sera, and is what mike is doing to her now.
NEITHER OF YOU CAN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.
AND YOU CAN TELL YOUR HUSBAND FOR ME, IF HE ISNT AN ORDAINED MINISTER, NOT TO SPEAK ABOUT PREACHING TO SOMEONE.
AS IT STANDS NOW, THERE ARE ONLY TWO OF US CALLED AND ORDAINED BY GOD TO PREACH AND you aint one of them.
PREACHING IS [NOT] GIVING OUR OPINE, IT IS [WHAT THUS SAITH THE LORD]
so if he is going to Preach to others on here, he should have told you a few things, because you are short a few nuts, to make a peck.
What do you think of end time prophecy? IMO, it's like watching a plan come together. Please don't attack if your opinion is different, it doesn't matter to me. I don't want to argue, just possibly discuss.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#549721 Jul 17, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps minion Mike. Don't know, your call.
...What I should do is change my ways to make you happy. Ya! That's what I'll do! I will start believing Everything you believe and we will become instant friends. That's It!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#549722 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestants are on this thread to assure the Catholics that Jesus and God agree that the Catholics are going to hell ... and the Catholics are here to declare that Jesus and God support them in their claims of owning the one and only truth in the universe.
The battle that throughout history depended on military MIGHT ... now seems to depend on DICTIONARY might.
.,.They will never come together and that will keep this forum running into eternity.
....and is all about how much more god loves one group over the other. God has 42,201 groups to pick from plus throw in the Jews, Muslims, and all others who are trying to get gods attention.

.....(lol)

....where is Anthony? Where is ReginaM.?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549723 Jul 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you a liar...you are a dumb liar...
The Scripture I quoted as nothing to do with any discussion I have had with the "reverend pastor"...
I followed up on my promise to him..he continually makes an outrages comment then quotes Scripture to support his words, however his quoted Scripture has nothing, nada, to do with what he commented on....however, this was/will be too much for you to understand...
Thanks for proving my words to be absolute truth: Quote: however, this was/will be too much for you to understand...
Let's recap, dummy.

You posted the following as a response to confrinting:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one word in this post that is not true...
You missed the mark....you are not even close..The Bible is the Infallible Sacred Word of God.....you presented a very very tiny bit of it....
There is that second foot in your mouth!!!!
Zep 1:1 The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah.
2 I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.
3 I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD.
4 I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests;
5 And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by Malcham;
6 And them that are turned back from the LORD; and those that have not sought the LORD, nor enquired for him.
7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Now, you can claim it has "nothing to do with any discussion" with the "reverend pastor", whoever that is to you.

It does has to do with your discussion with confrinting and it is the post I responded to.

If you wanna admit I was correct and your post about BibleGod's wrath did not answer confrinting's post, I get that. Your posts often are nonsense.

'Tard.

Prince George, Canada

#549724 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And you make enemies where you didn't need to......
You came to this thread to make enemies of the Catholics, by GLOATING that your Protestant religion is based on the one and only universal truth.

The words "Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican" lured you to want to expose the Catholics as liars and to pat your mighty self on the back as being the great teller of Protestant universal truth, and the earthly savior TO the Catholics.

You are VERY see-through!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#549725 Jul 17, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in a "Christian" heaven. God will separte the wheat from the tares, not me.
Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
...sure sounds like in the name of god you are doing a lot of seperating and judging.

.....What's the purpose of God if you have taken upon yourself to seperate the wheat from the chaff?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549726 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When it's in excruciating physical pain, I'm not too fond of my body. But it really doesn't matter to those in religion ... as long as pain satiates the emotional needs of their gods.
Now ain't that a shame.

But as long as you think you're suffering for a purpose....
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549727 Jul 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not advice...it is a command: Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
How's that commanding working for you so far,'tard?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 1 hr Chimney1 304
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... 8 hr Edithbunker 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr Sir 9,602
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 19 hr Catholic24 84,332
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
More from around the web