Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687327 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#549971 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What you wrote is correct. I want to free others from having any dependency on religious literature ... as I was finally able to free my self.
It was not fear however that kept me in religion for so many years. It was confusion of not knowing how to untangle all of the entangled thoughts that had been planted, and had grown in my mind from childhood.
While cleaning house, I booted many words associated with religion out of my vocabulary as being of no more beneficial use to me.
The first word of course being "religion" itself. Others are words such as perfection, holy, evil, sinister, spirit, soul, enlightened, wise, saved, lost, utopia, heaven, hell, knowledge, saint, devils, gods, reincarnation, et cetera.
Of course being that I must use language to post what I write, I must bring these words into my posts ... but it is now for a different reason ... as I don't have any more trust in the meanings of those words whatsoever.
From my perception words used and bragged of as being universal truth by theologians ought to be thrown in the archaic bin of trouble-making JUNK!
Well said. And good work here.

Some stable somewhere

#549972 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Can your snake talk?(lol)
hahaha!

Some stable somewhere

#549973 Jul 17, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidingfromyou
1. I am saying that a person or culture that is not based in reason and faith will be shortlived, for one without the other will at best make infertile the humanity within it.
No need for "faith" in cultures for them to exist, but all humans are capable of reason.

That you believe all cultures need faith is a testimony to how steeped you are in your own culture. Please look up the phrase "naive realism."
2. As a general rule, I have found that atheists deny faith exists. Sorry if that has infringed upon your understanding, or acceptable way of "debating".
Oh, no, I absolutely believe you when you tell me you have faith and that it's a guiding principle of your life. No doubt in my mind.

Some stable somewhere

#549974 Jul 17, 2014
"Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
All believers "know" they alone are in the "one, true religion" that really just gets it."
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidingfromyou
If this were true, then one would not be able to go from one set of beliefs to another, and "believe" them.
Look up "enculturation."
In the case on this thread, most have moved from let us say, Catholic to Protestant. But also larger moves from Christian to Islam, or Buddhism.
With your construct these are like linear points, but rather it may be the awakening to knowledge, again a priori and a posteriori, which brings religious knowledge to fruition in wisdom.(It is not necessarily so.)
Look up "enculturation."
Is it a rather reductionist point you take with a human being, being merely the sum of its parts?
My claim that people's worldview shapes their subjective reality is not reductionism. It's actually the opposite, but that's requires a bit of a complex explanation.

Some stable somewhere

#549975 Jul 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
One God...the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Show me a definition of a Christian prayer that shows the word "magic"...you can't because there is not any...
Prayer = magic.

It's the Christian equivalent. Same with your miracles. Some cultures directly use the word "sorcery" and others, like yours, call them something else.

Some stable somewhere

#549976 Jul 17, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Please post your citation. I disagree.
2. Since you think this is what Atheists think - can you prove that "faith" exists? Can yoyu prove that you have faith?
hahaha, I wish you'd taken my name out of there! I was like, huh, did I take up issue with New Age?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549977 Jul 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake...
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake...
So you got nothing.

'Tard.
Michael

Canada

#549978 Jul 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Here tojo..
Roughly three-quarters of U.S. Catholics (77%) say the church should allow birth control, while solid majorities also say the Vatican should permit priests to get married (72%) and female priests (68%). Half (50%) say the church should recognize same-sex marriages.
Considerably fewer Catholics actually expect to see such changes in the coming decades, although their expectations are growing when it comes to the issue of priests getting married. About half (51%) of U.S. Catholics say the church will definitely or probably allow priests to marry by 2050 an increase from 39% saying this last year. Smaller shares expect the church to allow women to be priests (42%) or to recognize same-sex marriages (36%).
If ever, the SBC makes these changes, I am bailing out, because they teach against the Word of God...
allow women to be priests (SBC has Pastors)(42%) or to recognize same-sex marriages (36%).
....Its obvious with those statistics there is a large disconnect between catholics and their church.

.....policies that the church claims are sinful, but majority of Catholics don't care.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#549979 Jul 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that we should all agree that we don't know the answers to what remains mysteries.
THAT is the only answer that is HONEST.
I suggest that that is the best post I've seen you make..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549980 Jul 18, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
"Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
All believers "know" they alone are in the "one, true religion" that really just gets it."
<quoted text>
Look up "enculturation."
<quoted text>
Look up "enculturation."
<quoted text>
My claim that people's worldview shapes their subjective reality is not reductionism. It's actually the opposite, but that's requires a bit of a complex explanation.
Of course religion is based on enculturation.

Each group has their own savior-myths with their saviors having different names, but coming with the same supposed "intention." Krishna saves only Hindus ... the Islamic Mahdi saves only Muslims ... Jesus saves only Christians ... and even then ... not ALL Christians, but rather just the Christians belonging to our own group of believers.

And the monotheistic Jews have the best of all worldly religious stories ... they don't need the son of a god, because the one-god in the sky loves ONLY Jews ... and again ... only their specific group of Jews ... not those other Jews over THERE.

Religion is a greed-invested human set-up.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549981 Jul 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....policies that the church claims are sinful, but majority of Catholics don't care.
I knew a woman of the Catholic "faith" that about forty years back that was using birth control. She took out of the bible the scriptures that she believed fit her needs and totally ignored the pope.

Another woman of the Catholic "faith" stated with a defiant attitude that the pope didn't have to raise her kids and pay the financial cost. She just went about her life and let the pope believe whatever he believed. She was fortunate to live in an era where popes could not do God's work by handing her over to the Catholicized "civil" authorities that would in turn burn her at the stake.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#549983 Jul 18, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Its obvious with those statistics there is a large disconnect between catholics and their church.
Hogwash!!!.......The "only disconnect" comes from anti-Catholic liberal media " hack pollsters and writers" who are "so desperate" that they will "cherry pick and pre-select" ONLY those (lip service liberal Catholics who have rejected and fallen away for the faith to complete their "one-sided distorted polls..... This is the ONLY way that these " phony pollsters" can get the % numbers to "come out the way they want...... The fact that the Catholic Church is the ONLY Christian Church that continues to grow world-wide (EVERY YEAR by at least 1.5% only shows that Proetstant bible only's,atheists and agnostics are just as " desperate" as the media "hack writers" in their "failures" to undermine Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His Universal Catholic Church.....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549984 Jul 18, 2014
In the new testament the legitimate ministers are....

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Eph 4:11 And he/JESUS gave some, apostles; and some,

prophets; and some,

evangelists; and some,

pastors and

teachers;

(NOTE)

THERE IS NOTHING SAID (OF ANY OF THESE MENTIONED BELOW .)

HEARING CONFESSIONS OR FORGIVING SINS..OR BEING

INVOLVED IN TRANSUBSTANTIATION....

OR THEM EDIFYING A CATHOLIC CHURCH....

THEIR PURPOSE IS/WAS

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints,

for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith,

and of the knowledge of the Son of God,

unto a perfect man,

unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549985 Jul 18, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I suggest that that is the best post I've seen you make..
From my perspective, the emotionality of believing in a creator that created my spirit and souls and LOVES me ... yet allows suffering in order to cure me of my ills ... stems from theological indoctrination.

I no longer relate in any sense whatsoever to the theological "non-sense" humans suffer because of something bad we caused to offend a creator after being supposedly created.

I believe that I suffer as do all form of animal life, and that nature has no plan. Animals go extinct and other ones survive to reproduce more animals to in turn suffer and die. It's as simple as that.

However, I don't claim to know if my perception is based on truth ... or if it's simply my own perception.

As long as I treat my neighbors in what I perceive is an honest and forthright manner, I have no problem with my conscience bothering me.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549986 Jul 18, 2014
THIS DESCRIBES THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ... HAS ATTEMPTED CHANGED TRUE CHRISTIANITY INTO....

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more

children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549987 Jul 18, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
In the new testament the legitimate ministers are....
It is very plain that you believe you are a "legitimate" minister.

Yet you have nothing to offer other than trying to instill fear into those who will not join your Protestant religion.

"DOOM to the SINNERS" ... is the battle cry that echoes through the horrors of religious history.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#549988 Jul 18, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Some things are happening as explained in the Bible. I'm sure there is much more I'm unaware of.
I got a strange post from Marge. She said I should just take over then. I still have no clue what prompted that. I just let it go. I haven't been around long enough to know much of what she says. Time will tell but, thanks for the warning.
We know what the Bible says about anyone who speaks against the Holy Ghost. I try very hard not to mention the Holy Ghost on this forum because of that. I don't want to set anyone up. Not sure if that's the right way to look at it. Maybe it's a way to see someone's true colors. Anyway, I'll stay where I'm at until I know for sure.
Never thought of your last paragraph..never thought of it that way.

I believe His,power to call us is,not limited to religion or anything else.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549989 Jul 18, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash!!!.......The "only disconnect" comes from anti-Catholic liberal media " .....
You "are" the media on this forum that continually preaches anti every other religion in the world except the Catholic religion.

Your Protestant parents that you left behind as refuse for the devil must wonder where they went wrong when they raised such a traitor to their own religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549990 Jul 18, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
THIS DESCRIBES THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ... HAS ATTEMPTED CHANGED TRUE CHRISTIANITY INTO....
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more
children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Imagine a Protestant using Catholic authorized scriptures to in turn vilify the Catholics.

The Catholics also used the literature of the Jews to morph and twist the words to turn the literature against the Jews.

Word manipulation is the basis of all religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549991 Jul 18, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Never thought of your last paragraph..never thought of it that way.
I believe His,power to call us is,not limited to religion or anything else.
Within the wacky theology ... if God had kept his little perfect spirits at home in heaven ... he would have no NEED to call you back from your state of physical and emotional suffering and constantly longing for his company.

Now you also are trying to claim that it is not limited to religion.

You are trying to escape the very teaching that is holding you in mental bondage, and that IS religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web