Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 638067 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#549862 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There might be every bit as much universal truth in the idea that there is no creator, as that a creator does exist.
I don't know either way ... but I don't like being bullied by those who are certain that they do know ... just because they are in a religion.
i understand i had to listen to it an bite my tongue when around my ex g/f's parents, you couldn't get through a conversation without him bringing god into it somehow, he was a very negative man, anything we told him/them what we were going to do like go somewhere ETC. he always always said would say oh you shouldn't do that, that's to dangerous, one time it was going to the zoo, where they have a large fenced in area with all types of deer that you could hand feed an so on, he would have a fit, saying we were nuts for doing that, then as we leave we'd get i'll be praying all day for you two so you don't get killed. you are happy being in the religion you are with that's fine, but don't push it on me, don't tell me a ghost created us an the world because you nor I can prove EXACTLY how we got here and how everything was created, to my way of thinking, i believe in " the big bang". evolution makes more sense than a ghost who just appears out of nothing and starts creating things. i'm going to gather some dust put it in a jar an see if it turns into a boy or a girl.

usa

#549863 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof would it take for you to believe?
Jesus would have to appear before me and tell me that the catholic religion is my true religion and then he would have to change into his father since both are one, but how much do they look alike?

usa

#549865 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember your sign in either from here or the thousands protest thread..glad you are holding your own. Thank God
you probably saw me here before, i haven't been here in a few years, god or not i'm doing my best to stay alive, i need to get back into my exercise routine which i had to stop for awhile an rest, eat and build myself up and get back to walking a few miles a day take care of my goose, my yard needs work, haven't been able to do much so i have enough to keep me busy for awhile.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#549866 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not a quitter.
.....How many doors have been slammed in the face of jahova witnesses, yet they smile, turn away with their crumpled pamphlet and slowly walk to the next house? If I had a business I would hire them.(lol)
Whatever..enjoy yourself.

You should apologize to Sera, other than that ?? Maybe give something to Kids charities and keep on with this exercise in futility ( there are kids today who are victims )
Peace Michael I hope you find it with God, not religion, with your Creator

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#549867 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....your a fear mongerer. I can't imagine how you reacted when 911 occurred. Did you see that prophecy too?
No just evil ..however, who knows what pieces fell into place causing ripples by that horrid act against humanity and us.

We are targets because we have aided Israel , by this brand of fanatics anyway ....

usa

#549868 Jul 17, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is the case, maybe the Malachy Prophecy will finally come true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_...
from what i just read no one believes the prophecy is genuine, which is no surprise since it's about the destruction of rome. that day will come, not in our life time but it will happen, i would love to get into the vaults and find out what they are hiding in there. gods church belongs to everyone not just one select group. that is why organized religion is a joke.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549869 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Most people pray for stuff. You were taught god has a divine plan for each of us and everything in our lives was pre planned by god.
......god made a plan. Checked it over, said it was a good plan. Put it into operation.
.....Young women getting married pray for sunshine for their wedding day, yet right beside the church, farmers are praying for rain.
..... People pray for all sorts things to happen or change. What's the point in God having a plan for each of us, if all you have to do is pray to screw up gods plan?
....I am grateful for what I have. I have been very fortunate. Hard work, taking the right fork in the road, and a little luck has got me where I am today. If there is a God working behind the scenes, I will take all his help I can get.
...but praying..not for me, however when I was growing up catholic I did pray a lot, so somewhere I must have an account of grace built up somewhere, that could become handy in the future.
"an account of grace built up" :) like a treasure chest

As for God's plan for me...well, He's had to revise it so many times it must be "plan W" by now.
That's what is amazing to me, because He can take my horrible mistakes and still make something good come of it. I've had to work harder to be where I am than I would have had to if I hadn't made so many mistakes. A lot harder. Everyone around me told me to give up and just take the welfare check. The only reason I made it was by some kind of miracle. I had four strikes against me. But I made it.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549871 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...but I thought we are all sinners.
Yes. Some sin more. Some sin less. Yes?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549872 Jul 17, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You are telling me that the bible defines faith in exactly the same way used in the dictionary? And you are subsequently telling me that the word "faith" is not a cultural concept?
I'm telling you that faith based reasoning and faith as in "faith in god" is not a human universal. It's a cultural construct, a "way of accepting" religious knowledge.
2. I never made the claims you are making above and so am not sure why you are making them for me, then extrapolating on my person. That's a very strange way of debating.
3. Yeah, we all do. It's all good.
4.:)
Hidingfromyou

1. I am saying that a person or culture that is not based in reason and faith will be shortlived, for one without the other will at best make infertile the humanity within it.

2. As a general rule, I have found that atheists deny faith exists. Sorry if that has infringed upon your understanding, or acceptable way of "debating".
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549873 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to pray that I was thankful for what I had, until I thought of the countless people who were starving to death daily and didn't have anything for which to BE thankful ... and also never had "their" prayers answered. it bothered my conscience to BE thankful to such a supposed god.
Bit by bit I quit believe that theologians had EVER received messages from gods.
It sounds like you are very concerned about justice. Where does that come from?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#549874 Jul 17, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"RoSesz" WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN HAS BEEN PROPHCIED,, WE CAN NOT STOP IT. FOR THOSE OF US WHO LOVES THE LORD HE STANDS WITH US.
I HAVE NOT HEARD ABOUT THE PLANE, HAVEN'T TURNED MY T.V. ON .
YET TODAY.
I DON'T FEAR GOD, "ROSESZ" HE HAS ME IN HIS HANDS.
WORRY IS BELIEVING THE DEVILS LIES.
THE GREATS WEAPON WE HAVE AGAINST THE DEVIL IS PRAYERS, THE LINE TO GOD IS OPEN, AND ITS FREE.
HOLD YOUR CHILDREN , AND GRANDCHILDREN UP IN PRAYER.
THATS WHAT WE AS PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS WERE INSTRUCTED TO DO.
TO BE A GOOD EXAMPLE, BEFORE THEM.
TRUST GOD TO KEEP HIS PROMISES, HE IS A NEVER FAILING GOD.
WE KNOW THE END OF THIS STORY ALREADY, GOD NEVER LEFT US GUESSING.
EVERYTIME YOU PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND YOUR BABIES BIG OR SMALL .
SAY A PRAYER .
AS YOU SIT DOWN FOR SUPPERS OR MEALS THANK GOD FOR THEM AS WELL AS A MEAL. THEY ARE BEING BLESSED BY YOUR WORD TO GOD FOR THEM YOU ARE PLANTING SEEDS OF FAITH. GOD WILL REWARD THAT.
WE AS HUMANS ONLY SEE WHAT IS BEFORE US, WE DON'T SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE SPIRITUAL WORLD OF GOD.
THAT IS WHY WE ARE ENCOURAGED TO PRAY IN THE SPIRIT ,
LOVE YOU MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN REMEMBER TO PRAY FOR JERUSALUM, AND ALL OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS AROUND THE WORLD, WE THE SAINTS OF GOD, STAND WITH THE LORD IN FAITH AGAINST EVIL.
Amen Elaine..your posts are always uplifting.

I wasn't watching either..I avoid news half the time. Someone called me...sounds like these folks just wanted to hit a military target and got civilians , all in the name of The Ukraine for Russia..

I know prophecy will be fulfilled..whenever.

Thanks for the words about our babies..I'm.a bit down as I just left mist of mine..only get t o see them so often..they are learning about Jesus.

There is some game on the xbox...they aren't allowed any with humans, just legos, no blood as grandson assures,me ..something came up about the name of a game..I said you know,there is no such thing ..he says Grammy I know,AND ITS NOT BIBLICAL ..that kid is so smart .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#549875 Jul 17, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> you probably saw me here before, i haven't been here in a few years, god or not i'm doing my best to stay alive, i need to get back into my exercise routine which i had to stop for awhile an rest, eat and build myself up and get back to walking a few miles a day take care of my goose, my yard needs work, haven't been able to do much so i have enough to keep me busy for awhile.
I used to post here, on the Catholics and Protestants forum and on the THOYSANDS PROTEST ROE forum..I know I've seen you..

Anyway , God bless you and your struggle

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549876 Jul 17, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Thanks for posting.
The fact that you believe you have your own god apart from the Jewish god means that the Gnostics simply created another god to suit THEIR own self-perceived HOLY images ... as did the Jews.

There can't BE two monotheistic gods in the sky ... as mono means ONE. And the Jews created their god FIRST. So yours (according to the Jews) is a false god ... not worth even a mention.
>>>>>>> >>>

mono- or mon-

pref.

1. One; single; alone

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mono -

Prince George, Canada

#549877 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know prophecy will be fulfilled..whenever.
The Christians have been yapping about the end of time "prophesy" since the first century. And none are tired of promoting the fear yet.

Every so often the nonsense gets hyped up and dies down again for a little while.

An earthquake could bring on more Christian convulsions in the proclamation that Jesus is coming AT LAST. Yet earthquakes are natural occurrences.

Silly, silly humans.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549878 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Some sin more. Some sin less. Yes?
FOR THE UNREGENERATED THE UNSAVED

to be forgiven .to be born again

.this is what the Bible says DO..

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

TO THE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN THAT SINS...

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

TO KNOW WHAT IS SIN WE NEED TO BRING OUR DEEDS TO THE LIGHT OF THE GOSPEL..-->. TO SEE IF THEY ARE WROUGHT OF GOD.<--

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

(NOTE)
Joh 3:21 --> But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. <--

THIS ABOVE ....IS THE LITMUS TEST...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549879 Jul 17, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
All believers "know" they alone are in the "one, true religion" that really just gets it.
Hidingfromyou

If this were true, then one would not be able to go from one set of beliefs to another, and "believe" them.

In the case on this thread, most have moved from let us say, Catholic to Protestant. But also larger moves from Christian to Islam, or Buddhism.

With your construct these are like linear points, but rather it may be the awakening to knowledge, again a priori and a posteriori, which brings religious knowledge to fruition in wisdom.(It is not necessarily so.)

Is it a rather reductionist point you take with a human being, being merely the sum of its parts?

Prince George, Canada

#549880 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are very concerned about justice. Where does that come from?
Justice to Christians means that Muslims will get their punishment in Christian hell.

Justice to Muslims mean that Christians will get their punishment in Islam's hell.

You tell ME ... what IS justice???

I simply don't even know if justice is a credible word. I think it also stemmed from the pens of men in religions.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549881 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The monotheistic Jews did not believe in sons of gods. The sons of gods were from the polytheist religions.
The Jews that created the one monotheistic god wrote in their literature that they were the gods chosen few. They didn't need or want any more sons of gods in their religion.
It was the Catholics that created another savior-son of a god myth to start their new religion.
Without a savior-myth, they would have no religion.
"The Talmud extensively discusses the coming of the Messiah..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_messianis...

Prince George, Canada

#549882 Jul 17, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I am saying that a person or culture that is not based in reason and faith will be shortlived,
People have been torturing and killing each other over who the gods love and who they will reject to hells probably since religion began.

How short-lived is SHORT Robert???

Is this your newest version of universal truth???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#549883 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
We are surrounded by all kinds of spiritual beings.
Are they evil or holy ... like you???

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How much hatred does God have? (Dec '08) 2 hr Time again 20
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Married in 10,085
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
More from around the web