Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549789 Jul 17, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You meant Greed Orthodox and I know it.
OH OH ... you are arguing.

Glad you are back in human FORM.

:)

Actually ... no I didn't. It was indeed a misspell. I noticed it the moment I posted it.

Prince George, Canada

#549790 Jul 17, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is the case, maybe the Malachy Prophecy will finally come true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_...
Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#549791 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....What is most disturbing is when I was growing up as a young catholic I was sternly taught by teachers, priests, nuns, its a grave sin to lie, deceive and cover up sin and one could not receive the Eucharist with such sins on ones soul unless one repented.
..... How many of the abusive priests, the rest of the knowing (sin coverup) priests and bishops gave themselves the Eucharist at every mass they said? ALL. OF THEM!
...Who is Zooming who?
And by the way , both Sera and I have agreed with you on this.. in the past ..brought up by nuns,also ...

Prince George, Canada

#549794 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way , both Sera and I have agreed with you on this.. in the past ..brought up by nuns,also ...
Neither you nor Sera are of the Catholic religion ... so that's no big deal.

Martin Luther might have been a pedophile for all you know ... but I suggest you would still praise him for morphing the Catholic religion to your Protestant tastes.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#549795 Jul 17, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mind a bit if anyone has an opinion different than mine. I only attack ignorance and ignorant people. I havent noticed that trait from you in the past.
God has a plan and He knows the outcome and how it all ends up.
we[mankind] may think that we are in control, but He laughs at our stupidty, as it is written, "his ways are higher than our ways."
strange things are happening on this earth that mankind cant answer, such as this gigantic hole that has opened up in Russia.
this is according to what is written in the Bible that we will see nature unleashed as never before, and men will run to and fro. seeking answers BUT not God.
just so YOU know, a few years ago, marge said that I was taught by the devil, this is about as close as a person can get by blasphemy of the Holy Ghost which is to claim that what the Holy Ghost has done in His Work, and give credit(such as it is) to the devil.
that Is why I stand against her, down deep in her soul, she is blacker than coal.
Just watching about the airliner shot out of the,sky over the UKRAINE.

I believe,it's,in EZEKIEL prophecy that what we,know,as,Russia will be along with others,a,great source of terror for Israel and the,world,in the end times.
Michael

Canada

#549796 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said MICHAEL ..no thirty years,ago I would not have believed it...same question..though...continuous obsessing and posting does not HELP either ., imo ..DO SOMETHING helpful, if you care so much ..and yes you gloat over every new,article as certain Catholics gloat over articles,about Protestants. Then you say prayers for the victims,don't help...okay HELP THEM IF THAT'S,YOUR CALLING ..
It's all sin...but very statistic is a CHILD that has,been hurt...not an arrow to shoot at people on a message board .
But go ahead , rant and rave but it does nothing constructive. That was my point to begin with .
...First. the people feeling the pain are adults not children, who have grown up suffering embarrassment and agony.
.....There is a group called SNAP an advocacy group that exposes abusive clergy and helps victims in need. Catholics claim they are on a witch hunt to damage their church. Your damned if you do, your damned if you don't.

......remaining silent on such an issue does nothing.

.....If ranting/raving gets a few catholics fired up enough to start demanding what's been going on by their leaders than its been worth it. I can't believe you allow yourself to be made a fool of by the leaders you trust the most.

.....If catholics like you just want to remain frustrated and sitting on the sidelines praying it will just go away, nothing will change.

....throughout history much of our society has changed for the better by people discussing the issues. People demanding accountability, even if its done over and over.

.... Remaining silent never changes anything, that's why it took so long for this issue to be exposed.

....again I post on several issues pertaining to the catholic church, it seems you only focus on one of my topics that I post about.

Prince George, Canada

#549797 Jul 17, 2014
Imagine ... the absolute nerve of Martin Luther USING the Catholic bible to start his new religion.

Now THAT takes a whole lot of ARROGANCE to pull off a scam such as that one!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549798 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that you never APPLY these scriptures to your self.
After all ... the Catholics wrote them especially as a warning for heretics such as YOU.
:)
~~~
i AM ONLY A HERETIC IN THE SIGHT OF ROMAN CATHOLICS BECAUSE THEY

(AS YOUR SELF REFUSE TO STRIVE TO ADHERE TO WHAT GOD HAS WRITTEN..

JESUS TOLD THE DEVIL..

AND

i POST IT TO YOU AND TO THEM ALSO..

HIS EXACT WORD...

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said,

It is written,

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written,

That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Prince George, Canada

#549799 Jul 17, 2014
My inference of the mentality of Martin Luther ... "God didn't mean what the popes have been preaching that he means. God actually means to say what 'I' say that God means to say."

And many Catholics left their religion behind to follow Martin Luther.

ASTOUNDING!!!

All it takes is a line of bullshit from a fast-talker ... and people WILL follow!

Prince George, Canada

#549800 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just watching about the airliner shot out of the,sky over the UKRAINE.
I believe,it's,in EZEKIEL prophecy that what we,know,as,Russia will be along with others,a,great source of terror for Israel and the,world,in the end times.
GOOD GRIEF!!!
Michael

Canada

#549801 Jul 17, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
In what sense do you mean "he wants us to all be the same"?
Do you mean like clones? I doubt that since we are clearly not all clones.
You are right: God doesn't need us in order to be Himself, who is Perfect Loving Relationship (see "Trinity"). He made us so that we might share in the life of the Trinity. And, since He is perfect Love, He gave us all the choice to love Him in return or not. Otherwise we would just be captives or hostages or prisoners in heaven. He also made us in His image, which means that it is imprinted into our soul the desire and the need to know (others) and to be known (by others) and to love and to be loved. Any choice we make that is contrary to this contributes to the struggles/sufferings/agonies of this world which you mention.
We are all prone to selfishness. All of us, and so there is a lot of pain in the world. Happily, there is good news. That God, out of Love for His creatures, has come to earth and suffered like us (even infinitely more so) so that all the world might be reconciled to Him, even though we have really made a mess of things here.
...You say he created us to share in the life of the trinity. Really?

......What about the billions throughout history who never heard of Jesus or all those born before christianity , or the billions today by chance born into religious beliefs outside christianity? Should they automatically leave behind their family traditions to join up to find Jesus?

..If God wanted harmony in our world there would be one religion or no religion. If god is all powerful, and all loving why would he allow non Christians to be born or exist? He is God he can do anything. I am sure Muslims/Jews say the very same thing in their favor.

....things happen because they do. Saying a group of religious words repetatively changes nothing, but might make you feel good for doing it.

Prince George, Canada

#549802 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...First. the people feeling the pain are adults not children, who have grown up suffering embarrassment and agony.
Do you think those adults didn't have a conscience that more children were going to be molested if they didn't come forth to expose the cover-up???

I suggest that they were tired of pretending that all was holy ... just because they were serving the Catholic church which was supposed to be a symbol of universal pure essence of GOD.

My guess is, their consciences finally over-ruled the wishes of the hierarchy in keeping the silence for the image of the church.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549803 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...A never ending line of creators. What's outside our universe? Another universe, another creator. Some things we are just not capable of knowing.
Its fascinating $%&t
True! There are some things we aren't capable of knowing.
And there are some things we can know, but can't understand.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#549804 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither you nor Sera are of the Catholic religion ... so that's no big deal.
Martin Luther might have been a pedophile for all you know ... but I suggest you would still praise him for morphing the Catholic religion to your Protestant tastes.
No one says,Luther was,perfect..he WAS trying to change HIS,CHURCH ...not start new,religion ..but we'll I've said it before ..Christianity, power seat, bibles...all these,changes came about because of the Reformation...he was not perfect ...

Thing is we all have access to God's word in PART because of the Reformation.including Catholic children studying out of actual bibles today......the RCC lost power over kings eventually and changed within itself ...a good thing ...

.God Uses,imperfect people at times...to get His message across.

The rest of it , not going to repeat over and over

I don't side with pedophiles,of any ilk . And you know it ..

But hey it's great ammo for everyone ..too bad none of the fighting helps the children
Michael

Canada

#549805 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD GRIEF!!!
...I knew she would tie religion in with this tragety. See what I put up with posting to her?
Michael

Canada

#549806 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
...So whats the problem now?
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

#549807 Jul 17, 2014
18:4) and celebrating the true ...

Middle East Conflict will End in Peace - True Bible Teaching

www.truebibleteaching.com/...prophecy/209-the... ...

The Bible Predicts that the Middle East Conflict will End in Peace.... Difficult Times Leading to the Coming of Christ!... World News Today is Fulfilling Bible Prophecy spoken 1000's of years ago. World News Today is a Sign of the near ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549808 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
My inference of the mentality of Martin Luther ... "God didn't mean what the popes have been preaching that he means. God actually means to say what 'I' say that God means to say."
And many Catholics left their religion behind to follow Martin Luther.
ASTOUNDING!!!
All it takes is a line of bullshit from a fast-talker ... and people WILL follow!
~~~
AGAIN YOUR LANGUAGE IS BECOMING OBJECTIONABLE...

JESUS SAID...

Luk_6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and

an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil:

for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

AND AGAIN

And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed

evil thoughts,

murders,

adulteries,

fornications,

thefts,

false witness,

blasphemies:

WHAT IS IN YOU HEART IS CONTAMINATING THIS FORUM....

Prince George, Canada

#549809 Jul 17, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
i AM ONLY A HERETIC IN THE SIGHT OF ROMAN CATHOLICS BECAUSE THEY
You are too ignorant to realize that just as did Martin Luther ... you are using the words that Catholics used against others to burn innocent humans at the stake as heretics.

There is not a question in my mind ... that if you and Fred Phelps had had the power ... you would gleefully be burning homosexuals at the stake as offenders of a god.

You are a horrible monster of a human dressed in the cloak of a HOLY GOD!

Targeting homosexuals as perverts is just part of your self-invented DIVINE PLAN!!!

And you want me to believe that a Jesus and a God support your plan.

YUCK!!!
Michael

Canada

#549810 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think those adults didn't have a conscience that more children were going to be molested if they didn't come forth to expose the cover-up???
I suggest that they were tired of pretending that all was holy ... just because they were serving the Catholic church which was supposed to be a symbol of universal pure essence of GOD.
My guess is, their consciences finally over-ruled the wishes of the hierarchy in keeping the silence for the image of the church.
...My guess is their own families didn't believe them when they told them.

..... What mother and father in their right minds would allow their 12 year old son to have a sleep over with a priest or male minister? Have a sleep over with any male adult? Poor judgment or stupidity?

..sad situations

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 10 hr stfu 159
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web