Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599892 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#549359 Jul 15, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AS A CALLED MINISTER OF THE GOSPEL I HAVE AN ACCOUNTABILITY TO PRESENT GOD'S WORD..
.Rom 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and
how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?
as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
MY CHARGE IS
2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
You missed the mark....you are not even close..The Bible is the Infallible Sacred Word of God.....you presented a very very tiny bit of it.....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#549360 Jul 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
There are no beasts that fornicate, go after strange flesh, have filthy dreams, defile the flesh, despise dominion, speak evil of dignities, contend with the devil, dispute about the body of Moses, speak evil, etc etc etc
as I have said several times, the FIRST being to AM(another Mom), there are THREE ways to understand the Word.

the first is literal;

the second is spiritual;

the third is figurative;

UNFORTUNATLEY FOR YOU, YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND EITHER OF THESE THREE WAYS.

THAT ONLY HAPPENS BECAUSE YOU ARE LOST AND UNSAVED.

Location hidden

#549361 Jul 15, 2014
<quoted text>
There are no beasts that fornicate, go after strange flesh, have filthy dreams, defile the flesh, despise dominion, speak evil of dignities, contend with the devil, dispute about the body of Moses, speak evil, etc etc etc..
you and June Vandermark are evidently on the same page...
only she is more honest about her unbelief..
You are more subtil in your actions...AND WORDS
FALSE FACE MUST HIDE WHAT FALSE HEART DOETHE KNOW.
Only you
If you have evidence that this is false...bring it on:
There are no beasts that fornicate, go after strange flesh, have filthy dreams, defile the flesh, despise dominion, speak evil of dignities, contend with the devil, dispute about the body of Moses, speak evil, etc etc etc..

Try taking your foot out of your mouth...without sticking the other one in there!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549362 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I conversed with a man recently who spent two years in a Catholic Seminary. He is now an Atheist.
After a lengthy silence, he confessed to me that in hindsight he NEVER really believed that what they taught was true.
~~~~~~~
There is a possibility that....the man you conversed with ...NEVER HAD A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD ...THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

He was told That he was..a Christian .(as many are told to day ...because he went through some kind of ceremonial ritual..

Jesus said ...

Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Mat 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Mat 13:17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Mat 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Mat 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

again JESUS SAID
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#549363 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The basics of the bible is lies. I don't want to believe that that trash is based on universal truth.
I didn't want it as a child ... and I don't want it now.
Why is it you believe all other religions are based on lies and YOURS is based on universal truth???
Do you EVER ask your self that question???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book-Cults—by Lowell D. Streiker. Published 1983.
To the self-appointed messiah, the world outside of the group is evil—hostile, materialistic, unspiritual, depraved—in sum, godless.
I don't concern myself with religions. They have every right to believe what they will just like you or I do. I believe the scriptures are the Word of God and Christ and that's what I read. If someone wants to talk trash about the scriptures, I have a right to respond. You want to talk crap about Hinduism, you're on your own.

It's not "belief" that causes me to believe the scriptures, it's faith. It just keeps growing.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549365 Jul 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the mark....you are not even close..The Bible is the Infallible Sacred Word of God.....you presented a very very tiny bit of it.....
IF I HAVE MISSED THE MARK THAT YOU HAVE SET FOR ME.. that's your problem..

YOU did not die for my sins...

YOU did not convict me of my sins

YOU did not call me to the ministry

YOU did not disciple me

YOU did not set me forth

YOU have no influence in my life...

YOU have given me no support...

YOU ARE NEITHER GOD NOR THE HOLY SPIRIT.

THAT

WAS SENT TO GUIDE ME IN ALL TRUTH

yet you judge me

I have no reason whatsoever to pay any mind to your opinion...

The sooner you understand ...I am not working for you,

you will be the better for it...

Rom_14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

I AM WHOM GOD ( MY MASTER) SAYS I AM...

AND YOU HAVE NO CLOUT WITH HIM

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549366 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To you (your present belief) is best.
To me (my present belief) is best.
Since 2006 when we first started posting together, you have changed your beliefs back and forth and 'round and about many times.
When I finally left religion behind as trouble-making myth in 2009... I never looked back. I stayed in Atheism.
Once I shed all the religious debris out of my brain-cells, I felt a peace I had never known before in my whole life. I now accept whatever happens as it unfolds. No more religious confusion is allowed to enter my brain ... period.
Theologians will have to find other victims to confuse with their gibberish. I have closed the door on their tactics.
FREE ... at last.
June

You can believe as you desire, and think, believe and justify your opinions integrating them into your behavior(actions).

But the persistence of memory(Dali) may disintegrate as your gray cells(Poirot) in your 7 decade old body, and may relieve you of once held beliefs in part as well....

Somehow you think that I vacillate, but mine is more an adventure into learning which makes for new beliefs that I can share with others. Yours seems more a rejection of the past....That establishes fear in the domain of your life....and that means neurosis.

But tell again my statements on fear. It may help you....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549367 Jul 15, 2014
I never could understand why people would be inclined to worship a god that they believed would reject even one person to hell, much less most of the world's population.

From my perception it said a whole lot about the people who believed that way and I knew I couldn't and never would relate to the beliefs of those people.

Prince George, Canada

#549368 Jul 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You can believe as you desire, and think, believe and justify your opinions integrating them into your behavior(actions).
But the persistence of memory(Dali) may disintegrate as your gray cells(Poirot) in your 7 decade old body, and may relieve you of once held beliefs in part as well....
Somehow you think that I vacillate, but mine is more an adventure into learning which makes for new beliefs that I can share with others. Yours seems more a rejection of the past....That establishes fear in the domain of your life....and that means neurosis.
But tell again my statements on fear. It may help you....
You already know what I believe about you Robert.

You were terrified that "God" and "Jesus" would reject you to "Catholic" hell. That is WHY you skittered back out of Atheism to Catholicism.

You admitted it in your own words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert

Location hidden

#549369 Jul 15, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as I have said several times, the FIRST being to AM(another Mom), there are THREE ways to understand the Word.
the first is literal;
the second is spiritual;
the third is figurative;
UNFORTUNATLEY FOR YOU, YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND EITHER OF THESE THREE WAYS.
THAT ONLY HAPPENS BECAUSE YOU ARE LOST AND UNSAVED.
There is only one way to understand the Word of God....is being led by the Holy Spirit...

Quote: Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Evidently, He has not been to your place yet

The Bible clearly teaches not to lean on your own understanding.

Quote:Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

The Bible has parables, allegories, metaphors, is in the literal sense, and the figurative sense.

Location hidden

#549370 Jul 15, 2014
<quoted text>
IF I HAVE MISSED THE MARK THAT YOU HAVE SET FOR ME.. that's your problem..
YOU did not die for my sins...
YOU did not convict me of my sins
YOU did not call me to the ministry
YOU did not disciple me
YOU did not set me forth
YOU have no influence in my life...
YOU have given me no support...
YOU ARE NEITHER GOD NOR THE HOLY SPIRIT.
THAT
WAS SENT TO GUIDE ME IN ALL TRUTH
yet you judge me
I have no reason whatsoever to pay any mind to your opinion...
The sooner you understand ...I am not working for you,
you will be the better for it...
Rom_14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
AND YOU HAVE NO CLOUT WITH HIM
Show me one word in this post that is not true...
You missed the mark....you are not even close..The Bible is the Infallible Sacred Word of God.....you presented a very very tiny bit of it....

There is that second foot in your mouth!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#549371 Jul 15, 2014
<quoted text>
According to the Jewish theologians ... would that be the same god that made a covenant with the Jews to love ONLY them???

The Jews never wrote about him favoring Protestants ... or Catholics ... or Gnostic Christians ... or Muslims.

Don't you find it deceptive that those stories came along much later???

Prince George, Canada

#549372 Jul 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one way to understand the Word of God
Even you should CHOKE on that LIE.

And I suggest you remove the word "understand" and change the sentence to "There are many ways to interpret the words written by MEN"
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#549373 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using Catholic scriptures to promote your Protestant religion, while you preach at the Catholics that they are evil and that Jesus and God will reject them to hell.
Hilarious!!!
What's hilarious is you calling the New Testament "Catholic scriptures". Not even the Catholics say that.

Prince George, Canada

#549374 Jul 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You like to insinuate that my behavior is not acceptable to your supposed Jesus and God ... but I am the one that doesn't want people fighting and killing each other over who a god supposedly loves and who the god will supposedly reject to hell.

If my belief is deceptive or underhanded to you ... that is YOUR problem ... not MINE.

I don't want you infecting me with your Catholic dogmas. I don't LIKE them. NOT ONE BIT!!!
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#549375 Jul 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You state that Jews were not polytheists.
Now you change the subject.
Try addressing the "subject" of my post ... if you dare.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
June VanDerMark wrote:
Back before breakaway Jews created the one-god dogma ... the Jews believed in many Gods.
Their stories were silly by today's concepts of reality ... but they had no way of knowing that their stories WERE silly, because their stories were all that they had.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Myths and Myth-Makers – Old Tales And Superstitions By Comparative Mythology … John Fiske
According to the ancient Jew, the sky was a solid plate, hammered out by the gods, and spread over the earth in order to keep up the ocean overhead: but the plate was full of little windows, which were opened whenever it became necessary to let the rain come through.
Now you are just lying. I never said the Jews created the one god dogma. Why do you include a story of one Jew and make it sound like all Jews. Desperate attempt to discredit the Jewish interaction with God.

What "break away Jews". I can't respond to the imagination of your mind.

Why can't you answer my question. Can you provide any proof showing Christ converted to Catholocism?

Prince George, Canada

#549376 Jul 15, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
What's hilarious is you calling the New Testament "Catholic scriptures". Not even the Catholics say that.
I asked you the names of the people that YOU believe wrote the new testament ... but you won't answer my question.

You are a fibber.

I suggest that many people over hundreds of years put in their two cents that they pretended hit the mark of universal truth ... but it was the Catholics that ultimately had permission to publish the new testament under their own spooky {{{SPELLS.}}}
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Bible

There are at least thirty six different authors, who wrote in three continents, in many countries, in three languages, and from every possible human standpoint. Among these authors were kings, farmers, mechanics, scientific men, lawyers, generals, fishermen, ministers and priests, a tax-collector, a doctor, some rich, some poor, some city bred, some country born—thus touching all the experiences of men—extending over 1500 years.

Prince George, Canada

#549377 Jul 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one word in this post that is not true...
You missed the mark....you are not even close..The Bible is the Infallible Sacred Word of God.....you presented a very very tiny bit of it....
There is that second foot in your mouth!!!!
I suggest that the fact that you are still thumping your bible, indicates that there really is no angry god in the sky. Otherwise he would stick a visible red hot poker up your butt to make you shut up with your preaching and in turn focus on PAIN that the theologians wrote GOD loves to inflict on those who perceive they are WISE!

:)

To be humble you MUST stop Preaching. It was written somewhere or other ... so it must be true.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#549378 Jul 15, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are just lying. I never said the Jews created the one god dogma. Why do you include a story of one Jew and make it sound like all Jews. Desperate attempt to discredit the Jewish interaction with God.
What "break away Jews". I can't respond to the imagination of your mind.
Why can't you answer my question. Can you provide any proof showing Christ converted to Catholocism?
I already gave you my opinion.

If I repeat it again for you it won't make any difference to you, as you want to believe that Jesus and God exist to favor you and to reject others to hell.

And that is your right.

Prince George, Canada

#549379 Jul 15, 2014
Testament of Jean Meslier: The Vanity of Religion

meslier_testamentJean Meslier (1664-1729) served as a Catholic priest for 40 years, but after his death was discovered to have written the very first book-length philosophical essay promoting atheism.

.- See more at: http://commonsenseatheism.com/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 min Mr_SKY 84,329
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 10 hr Chimney1 268
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web