Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641129 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#549698 Jul 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I BROUGHT HIM UP...and as HE himself was a,poster here and posted ON THE,SUBJECT I DoD it because,it was,relevant ..
I agree this,forum.should stop talking on this,...2percent for priests, such and such percent for Protestants , mixing it in with sex with parishioners ...the focus,should be,prayer for the CHILDREN. And yes as I said also , do something I by for them..tutor distressed children..give to organizations,that help., etc...
Not gloating about the,offenders....whose,worse, who isn't ...and,I POSTED,EQUALLY to everyone on this, prompted by an article by a,poster on how,bad the Prots were then more by Michael how,bad Catholics,were .
THE CHILDREN IS,WHAT COUNTS,.....
And sorry I brought NICK up, but he,ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT...bless Him.
.....30 years ago Catholics would have never believed ONE priest would commit such crimes, now we know thank you to the worldwide media there are thousands still out there and bishops in Minnesota just recently got caught up in lying again.
...2% that means 1 out of every 50, over and above those already caught.

....no one is gloating, awareness is what is most important, and you want to sweep it under the carpet just like church leaders did for years.

...If you don't like what guest, Jethro 8 and I post about put your head back in the sand.

...if you don't want to know disgusting truth put your fingers in your ears. You are part of the reason this has gone on so long by remaining silent like most catholics. If this was going on in your neighborhood I am sure you might become more vocal.

.....sometimes disgusting truth hurts, hiding it never makes it go away.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#549699 Jul 17, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jethro - welcome back.
"Why?"
Because.....the Pope had recently excommunicated the Mafia.....
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/world/pope-mafi...
they will put a contract out on him.

usa

#549700 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... I'm still a born for the first time Atheist.
Hahahahaha
I don't label myself but i'm basically in the same boat you are, all these posts and still not one person has come up with undeniable proof of a god and his church is the christian/pagan church.

usa

#549701 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the pope and Jesus and God are all keeping tabs on you.
Jesus and God both support only the Catholic religion you know ... and it's time you learned that universal truth.
:)
I do not take Jesus/god/catholic religion as truth since there is no truth to support all three. there just man made fictional characters and a religion.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#549702 Jul 17, 2014
marge wrote:
Talked to the hubby again about preaching the Gospel here with me, this time he was open to looking into it this late fall.
His name is John.
And he knows cowboy abused me lol. Blessings!
if any persosn needs to be abused, it is and was you.

abuse is what you did to Sera, and is what mike is doing to her now.

NEITHER OF YOU CAN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

AND YOU CAN TELL YOUR HUSBAND FOR ME, IF HE ISNT AN ORDAINED MINISTER, NOT TO SPEAK ABOUT PREACHING TO SOMEONE.

AS IT STANDS NOW, THERE ARE ONLY TWO OF US CALLED AND ORDAINED BY GOD TO PREACH AND you aint one of them.

PREACHING IS [NOT] GIVING OUR OPINE, IT IS [WHAT THUS SAITH THE LORD]

so if he is going to Preach to others on here, he should have told you a few things, because you are short a few nuts, to make a peck.

usa

#549703 Jul 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My head is above the water.. generally, both feet hit the floor in the morning at about the same time...sorry, I do not remember you..hope you are also in good health...
you'd have to look back a ways, i haven't been here in about two years or more, between working, g/f and hospital trips had no time to come on here. i had to quit my job about a year ago because working and taking chemo was taking it's toll on me, so now I'm stuck at home, alone (g/f left me), just working around the house, miss my dog too, I am raising a Canadian goose in my yard. found him wounded in the river in my back yard, patched him up and now he's almost full grown, problem now is how do i get him to fly away. as far as my health goes i have colorectal cancer which i've been fighting for 8 yrs or more and so far i'm doing ok i've had a few tumors pop up other wise i'm in good health.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#549704 Jul 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....sometimes disgusting truth hurts, hiding it never makes it go away.
"One sided, and exaggerated (opinions) from people like you who have an ingrained aversion and hostile anti-catholic "fettish" for hatred toward Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church is even MORE disgusting!....

usa

#549705 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the pope and Jesus and God are all keeping tabs on you.
Jesus and God both support only the Catholic religion you know ... and it's time you learned that universal truth.
:)
what is the universal truth??

usa

#549706 Jul 17, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Jethro good to see you back. I am happy to hear that your battle with cancer is going very well.
hi how are you? was hoping you were still around here, i like the picture of the dog lol. i've been lucky so far with my battle, only thing that stinks is, i had a tumor sitting next to my kidney and it couldn't drain out, they killed the tumor with radiation, but if they remove it they'd have to take out my kidney, so i had a tube put in my back and it drains into a bag attached to my leg, if they took the kidney, they would have to cut back on the chemo treatments, so i chose the tube, i had a spot in my lung, it came back positive twice, so they took it out did a biopsy and it was negative, so i've been a lucky guy. except for a few personal losses. g/f couldn't take it any more dr. trips me being sick all the time, losing my job was the clincher, she hates her job with a passion an when the dr. told me i had to quit she became very controlling an angry all the time, so we went our separate ways. good thing when i moved in with her i didn't sell my house, i hung onto it.... how's your life been going??

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#549707 Jul 17, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> what is the universal truth??
It is in the mouth of the speaker..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549708 Jul 17, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not what I believe. You think you can tell people what they believe? You prove it's athiests who think they are all knowing. LMAO
So now you are suggesting that you believe that Atheists (who don't place any FAITH whatsoever in the existence of Jesus and God)... will be welcomed BY Jesus and God into Christian heaven.

When you lie to your self your lies will be exposed to others that read your words.

usa

#549709 Jul 17, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there Jethro nice to see you, Ltm was asking where you were at and if anyone knew. And No the catholics are still not telling the truth. Blessings!
nice to see you remember me as i do you, and LTM, was wondering if you guys were still on here. and yes i have seen that nothings changed, no one is trying to prove the Vatican's statement, they are just quoting scripture and insulting each other. the corruption under the roof of the church proves it's just a phony religion, created to make money and steal land to become the biggest, richest religion in the world. they killed millions over the centuries when people refused to join their church. would gods true church have to do that? no it wouldn't, people would know in their hearts which is the true church and if god/Jesus actually existed. people are their ancestors religion like my ex-g/f, she is only catholic because her parents are and seriously drilled it into her. but after this child molesting scandal she is having second thoughts about the church, but will not do anything about it until her parents are gone, she is thinking of changing churches, she lied every Sunday to her parents, her mother always called chatted and the first thing always asked " did you go to church this morning" and the ex would lie to her and say yes. it sad but she'd be disowned by them if they found out.

Prince George, Canada

#549710 Jul 17, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't put my faith in men, you should have gotten that by now.
You won't place any faith whatsoever in the "agendas" of the men that wrote the literature in the Jewish Talmud ... yet you place ALL of your faith in the "agendas" of the men that wrote your FAVORITE Christian literature.

If you don't see the double-standard ... it's because the lie you fed to your self is blind-sighting your view.

DO NOT PLACE YOUR FAITH IN THE AGENDAS OF MORTAL MEN!!!
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#549711 Jul 17, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>well said plus this poster also from Canada, is he close to the Vanderkamp's? Is it uncle Atheist Mike?
Perhaps minion Mike. Don't know, your call.

usa

#549712 Jul 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> It is in the mouth of the speaker..
what speaker? man is not to be trusted, so who is the speaker that can be trusted? can't be the pope he is just a man, elected to his office by other ordinary men. so who is it?

Prince George, Canada

#549713 Jul 17, 2014
truth wrote:
its written
Christians will be abuse and prosecuted
is that secrets
noooooooooooooooo
It was also written by those in other religions such as the Native Indians that Christians came to abuse and prosecute the Natives in the name of their GOD!

DO NOT PLACE YOUR FAITH IN THE AGENDAS OF MEN THAT WROTE STORIES OF GODS.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#549714 Jul 17, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
All believers "know" their religions to be "true." You're no different than any other believer of any other religion in the world.
You're no different than any other atheist. What difference does it make?
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#549715 Jul 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are suggesting that you believe that Atheists (who don't place any FAITH whatsoever in the existence of Jesus and God)... will be welcomed BY Jesus and God into Christian heaven.
When you lie to your self your lies will be exposed to others that read your words.
I don't believe in a "Christian" heaven. God will separte the wheat from the tares, not me.

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come

usa

#549716 Jul 17, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!!......Same old TRUTH of the TRUE historical and biblical TRUTH of the Bible, the "same old"TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the TRUTh of Jesus Christ and the "same old" One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church of Jesus Christ that He formed, initiated and established in Matthew 16......Nice to have you back Jethro8.......What brings you back?.... Non-Catholic like yourself (always and eventually return "searching" to come to TRUTH of TRUE Church History, the TRUE interpretation of the Word of God, and the Fullness of the faith in Jesus Christ, which is ONLY found and manifested in HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church ( the Bride of Christ)....
well i came back to see if anyone has come up with positive proof about the Vatican statement, and i haven't seen any proof yet, not even what you preach, Mathew says nothing about the catholic church being his church. he does not say it, so it can not be so. the first church is suppose to be in Antioch, that is not true, the church of Antioch was a christian church captured by the Romans an given to the pagan/christian church. jesus was not a pagan so why would he support a pagan church? and you can not deny the church of rome is not pagan in origin, it's covered in pagan symbols along with christian symbols thrown in. all started by emperor Constantine, and pagan priest Linus was chosen to be the churches first leader.

Prince George, Canada

#549717 Jul 17, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. She's given up on fantasies and no longer requires other people to direct her moral structure
2. She acknowledges that "sin" is not a useful way to think about behavior, nor a positive guide to one's behavior
3. Therefore guilt over normal, every day behaviors no longer applies, freeing the unbeliever from very silly stress
and:
4. To help you. You are hurting. You are limiting yourself and constraining your full potential as a contributor to humanity. Once free of your bonds of mental slavery, you could only grow as a person.
What you wrote is correct. I want to free others from having any dependency on religious literature ... as I was finally able to free my self.

It was not fear however that kept me in religion for so many years. It was confusion of not knowing how to untangle all of the entangled thoughts that had been planted, and had grown in my mind from childhood.

While cleaning house, I booted many words associated with religion out of my vocabulary as being of no more beneficial use to me.

The first word of course being "religion" itself. Others are words such as perfection, holy, evil, sinister, spirit, soul, enlightened, wise, saved, lost, utopia, heaven, hell, knowledge, saint, devils, gods, reincarnation, et cetera.

Of course being that I must use language to post what I write, I must bring these words into my posts ... but it is now for a different reason ... as I don't have any more trust in the meanings of those words whatsoever.

From my perception words used and bragged of as being universal truth by theologians ought to be thrown in the archaic bin of trouble-making JUNK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 10,100
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 2 hr cpeter1313 56
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric Tue Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
More from around the web