Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687390 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549540 Jul 16, 2014
"Ask and much shall be given."

So I asked why I believed I was insane, and just as quick as a wink I was shown that all humans are insane ... with the exception of babies that are not yet driven insane by human insanity. Innocent babies just "wonder" why they are all too often in such states of emotional and physical pain.

tongue in cheek

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#549541 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's good, because somebody has to.
:)
That's never been an issue for me.

You?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549542 Jul 16, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, especially when I read the news and see how often that your [true,lol] church is always having to settle lawsuits because of their satanic clergy.
there is a sin of commission as well as a sin of omission, people like you have latched onto this satanic [true] church of the devil, and that makes you as guilty as those followers of baal.
Even *IF* the Catholic Church was in *reality* the way you believe it to be in the space between your ears, hey, doesn't everyone get the right to join whatever church they want to and even start their own if they don't like any of the existing ones? That's what protestants are constantly doing.
What's the problem? Truth is relative, isn't it? That's what protestants are constantly saying anyway.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#549543 Jul 16, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I would rather not be involved in this kind of church, like clay and HOJO go too, in their home state.
A canon lawyer alleging a widespread cover-up of clergy sex misconduct in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has made her most detailed claims yet, accusing archbishops and their top staff of lying to the public and of ignoring the U.S. bishops' pledge to have no tolerance of priests who abuse.
Jennifer Haselberger, who spent five years as Archbishop John Nienstedt's archivist and top adviser on Roman Catholic church law, also charged that the church used a chaotic system of record-keeping that helped conceal the backgrounds of guilty priests who remained on assignment.
http://www.topix.com/religion/catholic/2014/0...
And......so.....?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#549544 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
That was when I closed the door on all of the theological blather, and at last set myself FREE from such ridiculous nonsense.
Nicely done! Few things are better than giving up the chains of the thrall.

Some stable somewhere

#549545 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I do feel empathy for Robert ... because as he mentioned when he lost his fear for a brief time and became an Atheist ... that It is fear of HELL that keep people in religion.
As I never believed in hell or a devil, I had no fear of asking questions of the theologies ... EVER.
Truly, that is very sad for Robert. Let's hope he comes to his senses.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#549546 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
"Ask and much shall be given."
So I asked why I believed I was insane.....
Dumb question.

Some stable somewhere

#549547 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And if the Jews had not been overrun by the ex-Jew Catholic military power ... they and their one-god religion would have been a force with which to reckon, because as is plain from the study of history and the behavior of Catholics and Protestants on this forum ... those in the monotheistic religions ALWAYS want others to join their own religions as being based on the one and only universal truth.
Note the words "forced conversion."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees
Wow! I had no idea. I thought Jews didn't want gentiles to join. Guess I was wrong!

Some stable somewhere

#549548 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Did you ever wonder why a holy god would give a Hitler a soul to travel into a human body ... knowing that the man would grow up to be insane and be the cause of such destruction???
Your devil had no part in creating that "soul."
THINK about it!
Religion is STUPID!!!
Good point.

Some stable somewhere

#549549 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how Robert "operates."
I used to refer to him as a double-talker but he makes double-talkers seem pale in comparison.
>>>>>>> >>>
I have never seen so many words chasing one idea in such a way that nobody knows what the idea was.
John Diefenbaker
Thanks for the tip. I was, to be honest, saddened that I didn't learn something from him.

Some stable somewhere

#549550 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Never ever doubt Robert's ability to be intellectual.
Of course relying on one's intellect is a sin according to the theologians, as faith is the only "suitable" investment.
That is why theologians never used their intellects.
Ha! Nice.

Some stable somewhere

#549551 Jul 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidingfromyou
Studied....But as one studies, one may become at least in part be a believer, if not "won" over.
From an anthropological point of view, one can compare and contrast all religions, no doubt. And for me, they all have appeal in the sense that they are working systems.
I find that traceability in a religion is what makes it exclusionary more than anything else in the modern world, earlier it would probably be more geographical.....
Probably yes...but what do you mean by "traceability"?
Jethro8

Hingham, MA

#549552 Jul 16, 2014
A canon lawyer alleging a widespread cover-up of clergy sex misconduct in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has made her most detailed claims yet, accusing archbishops and their top staff of lying to the public and of ignoring the U.S. bishops' pledge to have no tolerance of priests who abuse.Jennifer Haselberger, who spent five years as Archbishop John Nienstedt's archivist and top adviser on Roman Catholic church law, also charged that the church used a chaotic system of record-keeping that helped conceal the backgrounds of guilty priests who remained on assignment.

Haselberger said that when she started examining records in 2008 of clergy under restrictions over sex misconduct with adults and children she found "nearly 20" of the 48 men still in ministry. She said she repeatedly warned Nienstedt and his aides about the risk of these placements, but they took action only in one case. As a result of raising alarms, she said she was eventually shut out of meetings about priest misconduct. She resigned last year.The archdiocese has for years pledged it was following the national bishops' policy, known as the "Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People," which lays out a series of requirements from conducting background checks to alerting parishioners about offender priests and barring guilty clergy from parish assignments. Archbishop Harry Flynn, who led the Minneapolis archdiocese until retiring in 2008, was an architect of the 12-year-old plan.

But Haselberger said she discovered in 2008 that the archdiocese hadn't conducted background checks on most priests since the early 1990s. When she drew attention to the lapse, she said she was told to eliminate references to the date of background checks in a form pledging a priest is suitable for ministry.

Some stable somewhere

#549553 Jul 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Hidingfromyou
I used the Biblical quote of faith in Hebrews 11:1 as a definition, not as evidence or wisdom(hupostasis in the Greek), so you are incorrect that I used it as "wisdom or evidence".
Go back and read what I wrote....I did not say that faith is a priori reason, but used a simile, that faith is like a priori reasoning. Basically to further a conversation(As well as the world view on education.) You can reject that as well....
I think you lack some observational skills that make you impartial to what you are reading. And I assumed that English was your first language....Hmmmm We all have our biases and faults.
I am probably the most ignorant, and stupid person on this forum....At least I have been repeatedly told that....Do you think I should believe them?(smiles)
1. Why would I accept a biblical definition of anything? What about the bible provides an ability to define something?

2. Your words at the beginning of your paragraph on faith were as you say above. However, you ended with this:

"In a sense then the atheist has doubts as Thomas due to hard factual data to the senses, but has certain set beliefs which can be changed. However, as I am sure you have heard the atheist must have faith that there is no God, and this is because faith is not "sensed" or conceptualized and must be a priori...."

So, if my eyes aren't failing me, you are claiming "...is because faith is not "sensed" or conceptualized and must be a priori..."

3. It's sweet of you to allow my English failings in our discussion here, but...as you see, you actually made the claim that "faith must be a priori." Thus, in this case, my English is not at fault, yet you are in memory.

As I stated above, I disagree with your claims. Subsequently, I have yet to see you back up your claims. Mostly, you are prevaricating here, sir.

4. RE: ignorance. Don't worry. We're all ignorant of almost everything.

Some stable somewhere

#549554 Jul 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidingfromyou
I just stated that he was rather pathetic in his attempt to prove reality is meaningless....Its a personal observation. To wit, why does he do anything, if all is meaningless? But as you say, he sure got famous and wealthy by doing it....Its a weakness followers have, to support the vox populi.
No, I did not say he became wealthy and famous for writing that. You are projecting your claims into my words. I wrote, and I quote, "he was wealthy before writing that book and didn't need the fame, his contributions to evolutionary theory advanced biological science tremendously."

So...why are you not being honest about what I wrote here?
Jethro8

Hingham, MA

#549555 Jul 16, 2014
hello people! it's been oh about 2 yrs since i've been here, hope some of my old friends are still here? who remember me like my good buddy HOJO, TONY june/joan (can't remember last name), tony, i'm sorry but due to short term memory problems i can't remember all the names. i remember an miss my buddy John from N.J. may he rest in peace. anyway i hope all of you are in good health? and fighting hard against the lie the vatican is spreading around?
Jethro8

Hingham, MA

#549556 Jul 16, 2014
June VanDerMark, just saw the name, don't know if you remember me june, but i remembered you well because of your convictions. still standing your ground i assume?
Jethro8

Hingham, MA

#549557 Jul 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are so "comfortable" with your agnostic/atheists (no God, no Jesus Christ , no Church)
"No nothing" beliefs" (or better yet (zero) beliefs" then why don,t you go live your empty life of "nothingness" in your isolation booth and quit bashing our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church ......We as Catholics "must" remain on this Catholic forum in order to defend over 2000 years of the Historically and biblically PROVEN One a True Apostolic Catholic Church against the "verbal abuse" that YOU and your bible only Protestant "bashing comrades" are so famous for...Why don't you go find yourself another "scapegoated " that you can take out your aversion, hatred and hostility against other than Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church or you so " desperate"in your (tunnel vision) anti-catholic vindictiveness that it has corrupted your thinking....
HOJO MY FRIEND HOW THE HELL ARE YOU? IT'S BEEN AWHILE, i bet you missed me " big hug for ya. i see by reading parts of this post you are still using the same B.S. you did a few years ago. can't come up with any truth huh? that's why the same old speech.
Jethro8

Hingham, MA

#549558 Jul 16, 2014
so what are we chatting about now? topic wise that is? or are you people still just posting insults at each other instead of showing any proof to the topic of this forum.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549559 Jul 16, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Even *IF* the Catholic Church was in *reality* the way you believe it to be in the space between your ears, hey, doesn't everyone get the right to join whatever church they want to and even start their own if they don't like any of the existing ones? That's what protestants are constantly doing.
What's the problem? Truth is relative, isn't it? That's what protestants are constantly saying anyway.
~~~~

YOU WROTE

hey, doesn't everyone get the right to join whatever church they want to and even start their own if they don't like any of the existing ones?

YEP AND PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO GO TO HELL AND IGNORE THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD...

2Co_11:19 For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web