Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690588 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#549458 Jul 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to follow the TRUE teachings of Jesius Christs one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church that has taught the TRUTH of the Gospel for over 2000 years.....If you are "looking for opinions" then go "fetch" one or more of the 42,000+ contradicting bible only "opinionated" Protestants and you will get a "boatload" of inconsistency which is the "entire basis" of Protestant bible editorial "rif-raf"!.........O R ..... Ask June !!!!!!....You two agnostics and atheists are like "two peas in.a (opinionated pot) of propaganda"
Hojo! Hojooooooo!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549459 Jul 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you a liar...you are a dumb liar...
The Scripture I quoted as nothing to do with any discussion I have had with the "reverend pastor"...
I followed up on my promise to him..he continually makes an outrages comment then quotes Scripture to support his words, however his quoted Scripture has nothing, nada, to do with what he commented on....however, this was/will be too much for you to understand...
Now that's a hoot, dummy.

Let's parse your post a tad:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scripture I quoted as nothing to do with any discussion I have had with the "reverend pastor"...
Then why did you post it to him,'tard?
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I followed up on my promise to him..
So it dd have something to do with a discussion with him.

I'm thinking James ain't gonna be pleased with you.

Dummy.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549460 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I catch everything!
uh..except..uh...diseases...bl ach!
You're good.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#549461 Jul 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
I don't follow the advice of 'tards.

That'd be dumb, eh,'tard?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#549463 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sir Pusherman. I will, just for you, alter my pic :)
You're welcome, and nice gun :)
Michael

Canada

#549464 Jul 16, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO Jewish prophets said Christ was coming to save only the Catholics? Where do you get this crap? You are very ignorant of Biblical and world history. Now you claim the Jewish men would have killed Jesus out of jealousy? ROTFLMA, too funny.
Flavius Josephus was a historian. He wrote about Jesus and some of the disciples because it happened. He was recording the events of his time. He wasn't writing about beliefs or religion but events of his day. You don't need to learn any facts, you're credibility is already shot.
....Its NOT world history its christian biblical history ONLY!.
....Flavius Josephus wasn't born until 37 AD 10 years after Jesus supposedly died and today what many scholars claim some of his writings were added by others. Why would a devout Jew write about Jesus the Christ (christianity)
.....Philo the philosopher.....a real witness but saw nothing!!
.......... 2000 years Jesus Christ appears in glory. Every child "knows" his story, every individual "recognizes" his slender frame, his flowing chestnut hair, his kindly blue eyes. But up close and personal our superhero evaporates into the ether, a phantom that leaves no trace upon the paper, no imprint in the historical record. Not only does no one notice Jesus during his supposed lifetime.
.......As it happens, we have an excellent witness to events in Judaea and the Jewish diaspora in the first half of the first century AD: Philo of Alexandria (c25 BC-47 AD).
......Philo was an old man when he led an embassy from the Jews to the court of Emperor Gaius Caligula. The year was 39-40 AD. Philo clearly, then, lived at precisely the time that "Jesus of Nazareth" supposedly entered the world to a chorus of angels, enthralled the multitudes by performing miracles, and got himself crucified. Philo was in the right place at the right time but saw and reported nothing about a Jesus.
Philo was also in the right place to give testimony of a messianic contender. A Jewish aristocrat and leader of the large Jewish community of Alexandria, we know that Philo spent time in Jerusalem (On Providence) where he had intimate connections with the royal house of Judaea. His brother, Alexander the "alabarch" (chief tax official), was one of the richest men in the east, in charge of collecting levies on imports into Roman Egypt. Alexander's great wealth financed the silver and gold sheathing which adorned the doors of the Temple (Josephus, War 5.205). Alexander also loaned a fortune to Herod Agrippa I (Antiquities 18).

....... Philo wrote extensively on the Jewish religion and commentaries on contemporary politics. About thirty manuscripts and at least 850,000 words are extant. Philo offers commentary on all the major characters of the Pentateuch and, as we might expect.
......Yet Philo says not a word about Jesus, Christianity nor any of the events described in the New Testament. In all this work, Philo makes not a single reference to his alleged contemporary "Jesus Christ", the godman who supposedly was perambulating up and down the Levant, exorcising demons, raising the dead and causing earthquake and darkness at his death....NOTHING!
.....With Philo's close connection to the house of Herod, one might reasonably expect that the miraculous escape from a royal prison of a gang of apostles (Acts 5.18,40), or the second, angel-assisted, flight of Peter, even though chained between soldiers and guarded by four squads of troops (Acts 12.2,7) might have occasioned the odd footnote. But not a WORD "vexing certain of the church" or killing "James brother of John" with the sword (Acts 12.1,2).

.....Philo a man who lived at the right time and the right place IN history wrote extensively about the Jews yet never mentions a word about miracle working godman named Jesus.

........something is terribly wrong!
Michael

Canada

#549465 Jul 16, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know what Nick did or cared what Nick did than shut your trap about what YOU think Nick did..I didn't bring up Nick and I was correcting you on what YOU think Nick did. And again I will talk about Nick all I wish to talk about him and if you don't like it than scroll on by babe.....your sick about hearing about Nick as well as the Catholic's and others including Me are sick about hearing you dwell on sex in the Catholic church. Now if you use the defense that you are only exposing truth then I will come back with the same reply to you. I am exposing the truth also.
You too babe can scroll by posts you don't like, but you are the one who baited Anthony, Regina M, and June the last several months comparing Orthodoxy to Catholicism fights broke out and you were always the aggressor.

Its time to keep your personal life personal. Stay on topic.

I have discussed several topics on the catholic church. I have discussed several times there is no CONTEMPORARY history outside the bible on a man named Jesus. If that upsets you take it up with the historians who lived during that era and saw NOTHING and reported NOTHING.

THE TOPIC.

Is the roman catholic church the one true church. I say no and I give my reasons.

Michael

Canada

#549466 Jul 16, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> How dare you try to cheapen the work that my husband did. You have no understanding of the person he was and you compare yourself to him..He did more than just volunteered. He changed peoples lives for the better. He CREATED programs for victims and offenders where there was NONE.. And he did not seek out the recognition or the awards. A good many of these I FOUND after he passed away in the basement among his things I never knew of them. His Obiturary was written by a co-work. It was I that wanted Nick to be recognized for his life time of work. It was I that wanted him to get the credit that he deserved for the work he did outside of his regular job and his job.. His family had no clue of the man nick had become..It was for them also..
When Nick passed I posted my condolences to you.

...... Its long overdue to move on from posting about your personal life. No one else on this forum brings up family or personal information about themselves and their families.

.........move on! and stay on topic.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#549467 Jul 16, 2014
Chess wrote:
Für Elise came up on another thread.
If there's a god, he speaks through Beethoven:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Lkcvrxj0eLYXX
From my perception that's a beautiful piece of music.

Do you suppose that the devil instigated this one???

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Michael

Canada

#549469 Jul 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to follow the TRUE teachings of Jesius Christs one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church that has taught the TRUTH of the Gospel for over 2000 years.....If you are "looking for opinions" then go "fetch" one or more of the 42,000+ contradicting bible only "opinionated" Protestants and you will get a "boatload" of inconsistency which is the "entire basis" of Protestant bible editorial "rif-raf"!.........O R ..... Ask June !!!!!!....You two agnostics and atheists are like "two peas in.a (opinionated pot) of propaganda"
Why is there no recorded or hand me down contemporary history of Jesus Christ when he lived or shortly after he supposedly died? A man claimed to have been loved by all. Bringing dead rotting corpses back to life, feeding 5,000 people who just happened to show up one day in the same location...... hungry!

Anyone can write stories about someone who is dead and say whatever they want. The bible writers had free reign. They could have said he was to be called the purple people eater and people would have believed.

Believe what you want, but 500 years ago millions of roman catholics walked out the doors for the last time there had to be something to it for so many to claim corruption and church leader control was out of control.

If you honestly believe you are on your way to a better place then the rest of us simply because in your mind you have convinced yourself to follow a certain path, then live your game. Don't get angry at others who don't have the FEAR that drives you.

42,201 different christian beliefs........ Makes no common sense!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549470 Jul 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with all your bad mouthing God,
If a god exists it needs to be badmouthed to learn some lessons.

Religious preachers should not BE rewarded for polluting the world with lies. And neither should religious preachers be punished for being so pathetic as not realizing that what is BEING spread IS gossipy lies.

The very idea that YOU would be saved above the majority of supposed souls in the world should alert you that what you were taught by your philosophizing theologians ... is pure SCAT!
Michael

Canada

#549471 Jul 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
...You give your opinion on all kinds of issues.

Why can't you answer a simple question giving your thoughts and opinion about a catholic topic?

Should priests/bishops be given the right to marry and have a family as most everyone in america has? Yes or No and give your honest reasons why.

Are you afraid you might go against church teachings by giving your opinion? I believe so. I am sure if the Pope said tomorrow that priests/bishops can exercise optional celebacy you would be posting about it all day long telling eveyone what a great idea! but until then, you just keep doing what they tell you to do.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549472 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at Oxford university when Dawkins released his book "The God Delusion" and stumbled upon sever Oxford theologians debating the book. They told me it was "preaching to the choir" and overly simplistic.
So I said "I don't think so, but prove me wrong and answer his simple critique." After that, I picked up my beer and left the table full of theologians arguing amongst themselves, unable to answer the "simple" critique. hahaha, it was wonderful!
What a useless discipline.
Hahahaha

You are correct in stating that religion is a useless "discipline." And I would add it's also a horrible peace-disturbing "discipline."

Having stated that, I remember an Atheist friend of mine (when I was still under the spell of religion) suggesting that I read the book "The God Delusion." I was not offended ... but the book at that time simply wasn't of interest to me as I wasn't yet ready.

Casting off the last remnants of religion came about in 2009, when I said to self that I would rather believe that there is no creator, than to believe that a creator would create such a horrible design as a need for all forms of life to suffer.

That was when I closed the door on all of the theological blather, and at last set myself FREE from such ridiculous nonsense.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549473 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he is nothing but happy and self-actualized.
I do feel empathy for Robert ... because as he mentioned when he lost his fear for a brief time and became an Atheist ... that It is fear of HELL that keep people in religion.

As I never believed in hell or a devil, I had no fear of asking questions of the theologies ... EVER.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549474 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally. It's funny that they would believe the Jews would walk and walk and walk and totally not realize that murder was bad until the 10 commandments came.
Oh, surprise!
"Sorry Aharaon, I shouldn't have killed your wife. I just didn't realize it was bad until now."
"Neither did I. Let's just wait and see what the punishment is and then I'll emotionally react."
And if the Jews had not been overrun by the ex-Jew Catholic military power ... they and their one-god religion would have been a force with which to reckon, because as is plain from the study of history and the behavior of Catholics and Protestants on this forum ... those in the monotheistic religions ALWAYS want others to join their own religions as being based on the one and only universal truth.

Note the words "forced conversion."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549475 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually studied or become a believer of? Those are very different experiential realities.
You can't define all religions as falling under one package. I know that's the goal of many theologians - and kind of nice to be inclusive - but the simple reality is that most religions are mutually exclusionary.
If your religion is "true," then everyone else's is false. Hence all religions are false.
Although, from an anthropology point of view, religions are cultural systems. The create "ways of experiencing" the world around believers. In that sense, all religions are true.
Very well stated!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549476 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't agree with you. Faith is a learned way of thinking about reality. It's intellectual laziness, hence religions promote that way.
Hidingfromyou

Peace

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen(Heb 11:1)

Consider for a moment that it was the Church that established the centers of learning in Europe for Universities, that taught intellectual pursuits. It was not atheists. And the Enlightenment which emerged out of Italy, was of the Church as well.

Your re-definition of faith is merely to distance yourself from reality. And that is an intellectual deception.

Peace
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#549477 Jul 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Its NOT world history its christian biblical history ONLY!.
....Flavius Josephus wasn't born until 37 AD 10 years after Jesus supposedly died and today what many scholars claim some of his writings were added by others. Why would a devout Jew write about Jesus the Christ (christianity)
.....Philo the philosopher.....a real witness but saw nothing!!
The Catholic theologians wanted readers to believe that many of the Jews supported the new religion ... and that is why the Catholic theologians wrote that nonsense about Jewish "apostles" being filled with JOY concerning their "visions" of the coming of the savior, which is totally ludicrous.

If Jews (faithful to Judaism) could have seen their future, they would have killed that baby that they KNEW when he grew up was going to abandon them for a new religion and in turn cause them centuries of torture and murder.

Ridiculous theology!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#549478 Jul 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what Nick did, and I don't care what Nick did. Time to move on from talking about Nick.
~~~

Why would you censor Serephema..

I am surprised at your treatment of Serephema in her grief and deeply disappointed at your attitude.....I really expected a better humanitarian attitude of you...

Are we to understand that Your lack of compassion for Serephema stems from the godless attitude that you have gravitated to..

Do you not know that the way you treated her will return upon you own head

Jesus said

Mat_5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted..

kindness and being civil breaks no mans law.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#549479 Jul 16, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at Oxford university when Dawkins released his book "The God Delusion" and stumbled upon sever Oxford theologians debating the book. They told me it was "preaching to the choir" and overly simplistic.
So I said "I don't think so, but prove me wrong and answer his simple critique." After that, I picked up my beer and left the table full of theologians arguing amongst themselves, unable to answer the "simple" critique. hahaha, it was wonderful!
What a useless discipline.
Hidingfromyou

I read "The God Delusion", and found it disappointing. It was on the shelf for awhile, I skimmed it again, and then threw it in the garbage where it sits somewhere in a waste site.....

Theologians can argue over how many angels dance on the head of a pin for as long as they want..., just differing beliefs.

As for Dawkins, he was rather pathetic in his arguments that the universe is meaningless(I have watched him several times in debates, until he got what the attention he needed for status and money) But he does reveal the rather poor level at Oxford and why Harvard is preferred by many now....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Finally Shocked 10,659
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web