Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685873 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#548505 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In ancient times, when the Catholics ruled the empire, only the clergy were allowed to have possession of the bibles.
It was believed that the lowly lay Catholics were too dumb to understand the messages from the god ... the god that by the way previously loved only the Jews.
Silly people entertain silly self-serving dogmas.
...Dumb them down with fear. They could have written anything in the bible and read it to the people and they would have believed.

..... Organized religion has done a fantastic job as marketers of fear, and if you believe God will take care of you forever more.

.....Who wouldn't want to believe that?

...... Poetry and tall tales. Story time books for adults.
Michael

Canada

#548506 Jul 11, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they don't have a history. Most of the cults these fine upstanding folks belong to are no older than the day before yesterday. That's why they lie so much; they haven't gotten around to learning all the commandments yet. Pope Claremont indeed! Don't ever assume anything they post is accurate, especially if it has to do with the Church. I've never known one of them to tell the entire truth about anything yet.
...Why does it bother you what others believe? They seem positive and happy to me. Is there something lacking in your life and belief to be always looking over the religious
fence?

.....I think so!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#548507 Jul 11, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayan Catholics sacrifice chickens to their God in blood rituals.
So that's Catholic for you.
From what I've studied, all the ancient religions sacrificed humans and non-human animals to the flames to appease the supposed anger of the gods.

Religion is SICK ... and the devotees are self-indulgent to their CORES.

Observe the Catholics and Protestants on this forum that preach AT each other how to be HOLY so that God and Jesus will LOVE you and not reject you to hell.

Trouble-making idiots in the guise of preachers of supposed universal truth.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548508 Jul 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
They could have written anything in the bible and read it to the people and they would have believed.
That is exactly what occurred.

If what they preached was universal truth, they wouldn't fight. They would UNITE in peace and LOVE!

Suffering created religion. "I want to know why the gods are angry ... blah, blah, blah."

It's common sense that if there was no suffering ... there would be NO religion ... PERIOD!
Michael

Canada

#548509 Jul 11, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash!!!!..... You " born again (fundies) have been subject to your " man-made" Protestant (self-interpreting denominations since the Reformation, which started with Luther, then Zwingli, then Hus, followed by Wycliffe, Beza, Calvin, Cranmer, Hedio, Knox, Petri, Viret, Farel, and on and on and on, down into the 21st century with Confrinting, Oxbow,(and how many other conflicting bible only (EACH one with the "supposed Truth)(and you Marge) and God only knows ( who else)) that will become the next bible only "expert" to from another contradicting and inconsistent denomination.........You are ALL subject to your own (Man-made) interpretation" I alone have the Truth of the Bible) among all Protestant denominations-----"Listen to me, listen to me, the rest of you bible only interpreters are stupid, ignorant, dumb, and have no idea how to interpret the Bible."""I alone am the expert among ALL of you other 42,200 contradicting " fundies"........
....Can't you be nice to people for ONCE!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548510 Jul 11, 2014
Religious devotees might fool others that they have complete faith that the god LOVES them ... but you KNOW that the teaching of HELL bothers you day and night with haunting thoughts of ... "What if the god sees through me that I am forcing my self to love him because I'm afraid that if I don't say I love him, he will reject ME to hell? I have to force my self to love him but I'm really terrified of him ... blah, blah, blah."

Unless you get rid of the FEAR ... you can't escape the clutches of the theologians that first planted that fear in your psyches.

It's the fear that holds you in bondage to the words of the mentally disturbed theologians.
Magic Mike

Canada

#548511 Jul 11, 2014
...Is Anthony lurking today?

....Of course he is.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548512 Jul 11, 2014
When I was a child I knew that if a god loved me he would never harm me ... EVER. It was not possible in my child's mind. So for 70 years I was emotionally trusting and dependent on the idea that god's nature was LOVE.

I had no fear whatsoever of my mental image of a god.

That is why it made it easy for me to finally leave religion as being nonsensical trouble-making hyperbole.

No creator that loves would allow even one bit of suffering in a plan, much less the horrific suffering that unfolds on earth 24/7.

Mental JUNK!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548513 Jul 11, 2014
Religious devotee ... "I LOVE GOD!!!"

"Why???"

"Because I've been taught that if I DON'T love God, he will reject me to hell."

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#548514 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wacky theology!
If Jesus rejects me to hell for not believing in him ... you better NOT forgive me, as HE will not forgive you FOR forgiving me.
:)
I haven't forgave you yet :)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548515 Jul 11, 2014
As people begin more and more to want to believe that the creator is love and would never punish ... we have new religious hyperbole in the modern preachers coming to the fore to preach what appeases emotions.

The rewarmed Wiccans claim that the goddess, since she was freed from cursing homosexuals ... now loves everybody.

And then we have this ex-con that has found a new way to con with religion preaching that there is no more sin and no hell and that GOD will save every soul in existence.

Blah, blah, blah!!!

I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"

Here he is in person …
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548516 Jul 11, 2014
People that agree with my opinions have suggested that I should write a book.

I informed someone yesterday that the only ones that would maybe read the book would be the Agnostics and Atheists ... and those are not the ones that I would WANT to read the book ... because they already agree with much of what I write.

So the alternative for me is to come to a forum where the preachers of religion spend their time.

I don't need agreement to promote my agenda. I need disagreement.

That's why I was attracted to this thread.

Those in religion wouldn't be attracted to any book that I would write ... RIGHT??? You are busy using your bibles to preach at each other bragging about who "owns" the one and ONLY universal truth.

No doubt I am dumb ... but I have enough savvy to recognize that issue for what it is.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548517 Jul 11, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't forgave you yet :)
That's understandable ... because according to you Jesus also hasn't forgiven me for not having faith that he exists.

I understand that forgiveness has its LIMITS.

I've never held a grudge, so I've never had a need TO forgive.
Magic Mike

Canada

#548518 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I volunteered for many years in long-term-care facilities. Those aged vegetative humans are kept alive to suffer ... because religion dictated and dictates that God will take them home when it is HIS time.
What a SICK joke!
Some of them wanted to die in peace ... but they couldn't! It had to be GOD's will that was followed to a T.
Humans thought isn't worth a DAMN!
One man that I knew personally and to whom I used to read, mentioned many times that he wanted to die to in turn have relief from the suffering. He spent over 20 years in long-term care before he was allowed the privilege of death.
I suggest that something is very WRONG with that picture.
....You should have stopped volunteering to allow those to die in dignity.
Magic Mike

Canada

#548519 Jul 11, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't forgave you yet :)
..,.I don't think she cares. Move on!
Magic Mike

Canada

#548520 Jul 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religious devotee ... "I LOVE GOD!!!"
"Why???"
"Because I've been taught that if I DON'T love God, he will reject me to hell."
.....Forgiveness craze!

.........Religious people who learn someone has committed a heinous crime of brutally murdering someone.

.....First thing they say is I forgive the person who committed the crime. Yes! We must offer love and forgiveness for him. If he commits the same crime again and again, more forgiveness and love for him.

....Rarely do they offer sympathy for the victim but they forgive the criminal who doesn't give a damn about the victim or those that offer prayers and forgiveness for him.

.,.Are people crazy or what? Forgiveness for criminals!

Unbelievable!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548521 Jul 11, 2014
One more mystery.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

A woman once spent a great deal of time teaching her budgie-bird how to talk.

She taught the bird how to say, "Where's Peter,(her husband), where's Cary (her son), et cetera. The woman’s name was Isabelle ... but she never taught the bird to utter her own name.

One day before the woman went to work, in order to see if the bird would utter any words while she was gone, she set her tape recorder to "on."

When she returned home, she was astonished to find that when she walked out the door, the bird had uttered the words, "Where's Idabelle? The bird couldn't pronounce the "s," but the rest of the word was very plain.

Who knows when the bird uttered those two words, if the bird knew what the words meant, or if it was just a chance occurrence?
Michael

Canada

#548522 Jul 11, 2014
.....Pope Francis says he is cracking the whip on Bishops who lie and protect Pedro priests.

.......A little late wouldn't ya say? Where was Cardinal Francis with such comments two years ago when Pedro priests were running rampant in South America.

Unbelievable!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548523 Jul 11, 2014
Magic Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you're right. After all, they couldn't escape from my singing that was not at all professional ... nor the sour notes that came from my guitar, accordion, harmonica and the piano.

Maybe they wanted to die because of that suffering.

Thanks for making my day bright and cheery.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548524 Jul 11, 2014
Magic Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned valuable lessons when I was volunteering .

I was reading a story from a book with the title "Silence of the North." All of the people that were coherent were sitting around the table and seemed to be enjoying the story. I thought all was going well until one old man apparently had more than enough agitation and shouted "That is most HORRIBLE story I've ever heard." After crashing into a few other wheel-chairs he removed his self from my presence and never returned to the next reading session a few days later.

One woman however was going home the next day and wanted the title of the book so she could read it at home.

Ya just can't please everybody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web