Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691986 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Awesome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#548448 Jul 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Muslim? That explaines your crusades crusades crusades rallying cry.
you f....fanatic ignorant half d.....head?
pfuj? blind RCC SOB Liar and scumbag

United States

#548449 Jul 10, 2014
guest wrote:

and the "history" of the Catholic church DOES check out?
How so?
-
some *non-existent* history:
http://www.medieval-life-and-times.info/crusa ...
The Crusades
Crusades - What were the Crusades?
The Crusades were a series of Holy Wars launched by the Christian states of Europe against the Saracens who were Muslims. The term 'Saracen' was the word used to describe a Moslem during the time of Crusades. Crusades started in 1095 when Pope Claremont preached the First Crusade at the meeting of the Council of Claremont. The preaching of the pope led to many thousands of Medieval people immediately affixing the cross to their garments - the name Crusade given to the Holy Wars came from old French word 'crois' meaning 'cross'. For full details, facts and information about Crusades click one of the following links:
-
-
Liam wrote:
Your Muslim? That explaines your crusades crusades crusades rallying cry.
-
-
ME!? Muslim? Not in a BILLION years! You'd have to kill me first.
-
attempt at deflection is duly noted on your part, though.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#548450 Jul 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the losers in history have some documentation of their presence. Wheres your lineage to the Apostles?
Or did the 'word of God skip' 45 generations until the Bible could be printed?
our (BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN) GOES BACK TO BIBLICAL TIME. YOUR HISTORY DOSNT GO BACK THAT FAR AND WHAT YOU CLAIM, YOU HAVE TAKEN IT FROM THE ORTHODOX,

and john used to tell you that all of the time, which is why the catholics didn't like him, he told the truth.lol
hojo

Waconia, MN

#548451 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course their are no such in your cult...right??
New Poll Shows That Even Catholics Donít Agree with Catholicism
March 5, 2013 By Hemant Mehta 85 Comments
A New York Times/CBS News poll released today shows that the wishes of many Catholics go directly against the doctrines of the faith:
Laurie Goodstein and Megan Thee-Brenan summarize the results this way:
On every other hotly debated issue, Catholics wanted the next pope to lead the church in an about-face. Seven out of every 10 Catholics surveyed said the next pope should let priests marry, let women become priests and allow the use of artificial methods of birth control. Nine out of 10 said they wanted the next pope to allow the use of condoms to prevent the spread of H.I.V. and other diseases.
Sixty-two percent of Catholics said they were in favor of legalizing marriage for same-sex couples. Catholics approved of same-sex marriage at a higher rate than Americans as a whole, among whom 53 percent approved.
You have to wonder: If all these people believe the Catholic Church is heading in the wrong direction, in so many different areas, why stay in the Church?
The most telling question in the poll may have been this one:ďOn difficult moral questions, which are you more likely to follow ó the teachings of the Pope, or your conscience?Ē
If youíre Catholic, this should be simple: You follow the person who has a direct line to God, right?
Apparently, thatís not the case at all. Hereís the breakdown of Catholics who would follow the teachings of the Pope in difficult situations:
continuated
CBS News is NOTHING but a bunch of liberal anti-Catholic "hack" writers whose polls are slanted, distorted and twisted in order to arrive at the "exact" conclusion they want "and need" to spread their anti-Catholic propaganda......
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#548452 Jul 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I missed that. Claremont I?
Isn't it weird how they have books and books about our history. But if we search theirs, its empty?
That's because they don't have a history. Most of the cults these fine upstanding folks belong to are no older than the day before yesterday. That's why they lie so much; they haven't gotten around to learning all the commandments yet. Pope Claremont indeed! Don't ever assume anything they post is accurate, especially if it has to do with the Church. I've never known one of them to tell the entire truth about anything yet.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#548453 Jul 10, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
lol, yes, you *would* think his mentioning the Muslims in a conversation about the Crusades was deflection.....(lol...)

If not for the Crusades, you would likely be facing East and bowing five times a day.

You're welcome!

United States

#548454 Jul 10, 2014
guest wrote:
*history* is written by the aggressor.
The RCC being the aggressor, wrote the fluff piece you choose to believe.
-
Case in point:
United States "History" vs. Native American History.
-
U.S. "History" has this country being blessed by God and founded on Godly principles.
Native American history, has White Europeans as terrorists.
-
-
Same with True Christianity as versus Catholicism.
Catholics - being the aggressors, "wrote" the history.
-
-
Liam wrote:
Even the losers in history have some documentation of their presence. Wheres your lineage to the Apostles?
Or did the 'word of God skip' 45 generations until the Bible could be printed?
-
-
Why does one need "lineage"?
Certainly the RCC doesn't have absolute lineage, as the years between Peter and Constantine are iffy, at best. Very little is know about any of those so-called popes.
-
IOW: Historical Peter and a collection - a list - of "nothing more than tradition" - somehow morphed into the Papacy of Rome. Repeat the lie often enough and it will be believed.
-
However, the "Word of God" IS there and unaltered by tradition. There, no doubt, have ALWAYS been Bible believing Christians present on the earth. They didn't necessarily keep a record of their history, per se - whatever for? in attempt to "prove" 'tradition' is somehow more important than the Word of God?
-
Pope Stephen I was first to assert Petrine doctrine of Roman authority, as he was first to claim that he held the chair of Peter.... so it was 'Stephen I' who began the man-made tradition that each pope is Peter's successor.
-
The *real losers* in history ... are the ones who go forth and spread terrorism in the Name of God.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#548455 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If Catholics really want the Church to change direction, the best way to make the point isnít going to be staying on the inside
If (liberal-rebellious) Catholics want to change the Church----FORGET IT!.......,IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!......NO ONE is forcing anyone to be a Catholic Christian!.....They can leave "any time"...(no problem)....They can "go down the street" to the nearest bible only (make-it-up-as-they-go) inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting denomination where they will tell them EXACTLY what they want to hear....Then ( sooner or later) they will get tired of listening to other bible only's who "don't and won't" agree with them either---and every one of them will "split, divide" and form other contradicting ( man-made)Protestant denominations) as they ALL claim to be "bible preaching experts"---yelling at each other " listen to me, listen to me---I'm the only Protestant that has the Truth of the bible----the rest of you bible onlys are a bunch of idiots"!.....There you have a perfect example of bible only Protestantism which is "nothing" but a hodge-podge of just more contradiction, chaos, confusion and splintered denominations.......God "never was" nor "ever will be" the author of your bible only self interpreting inconsistency!......,,
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548456 Jul 10, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they don't have a history. Most of the cults these fine upstanding folks belong to are no older than the day before yesterday. That's why they lie so much; they haven't gotten around to learning all the commandments yet. Pope Claremont indeed! Don't ever assume anything they post is accurate, especially if it has to do with the Church. I've never known one of them to tell the entire truth about anything yet.
Regina, hey:)

What did I ever lie about?

Us born-agains are not subject to man but God alone, did you know that?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548457 Jul 10, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Lied the thief.
Got a link to me lying, dummy?
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..

Location hidden

#548458 Jul 10, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Prattled the fool.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..

Location hidden

#548459 Jul 10, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
CBS News is NOTHING but a bunch of liberal anti-Catholic "hack" writers whose polls are slanted, distorted and twisted in order to arrive at the "exact" conclusion they want "and need" to spread their anti-Catholic propaganda......
That being so you will of course have no difficulty to prove them being so...right??

United States

#548460 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
If Catholics really want the Church to change direction, the best way to make the point isnít going to be staying on the inside
-
-
hojo wrote:
If (liberal-rebellious) Catholics want to change the Church----FORGET IT!.......,IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!......NO ONE is forcing anyone to be a Catholic Christian!.....They can leave "any time"...(no problem)....They can "go down the street" to the nearest bible only (make-it-up-as-they-go) inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting denomination where they will tell them EXACTLY what they want to hear....Then ( sooner or later) they will get tired of listening to other bible only's who "don't and won't" agree with them either---and every one of them will "split, divide" and form other contradicting ( man-made)Protestant denominations) as they ALL claim to be "bible preaching experts"---yelling at each other " listen to me, listen to me---I'm the only Protestant that has the Truth of the bible----the rest of you bible onlys are a bunch of idiots"!.....There you have a perfect example of bible only Protestantism which is "nothing" but a hodge-podge of just more contradiction, chaos, confusion and splintered denominations.......God "never was" nor "ever will be" the author of your bible only self interpreting inconsistency!......,,
-
-
the only thing truly consistent about the Roman Catholic Church is in their sheltering pedophiles...

Location hidden

#548461 Jul 10, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
But, according to you, only Protestants have controversies, disagreement, this just proves you are wrong as rain......
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548462 Jul 10, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, yes, you *would* think his mentioning the Muslims in a conversation about the Crusades was deflection.....(lol...)
If not for the Crusades, you would likely be facing East and bowing five times a day.
You're welcome!
Regina, All glory should go to God you know.

We seriously only answer to Him.

8The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but canít tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you canít explain how people are born of the Spirit.Ē
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#548463 Jul 11, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Its called idolatry when one talks to, bows, or cries in front of plaster statues, or physical objects. The bible is clear on that.
....If the people you claim are created in icon form, why do icons have physical appearances if you have no clue what these people actually looked like?
......Would you cut a picture of a man from a magazine put it in your wallet and show people telling them this is your father?.........maybe YOU would.(lol)
Your ignorance abounds.
Ever try informing yourself beforehand before speaking on a topic?

John 3:14,15-
"And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.Ē

Num. 21:8.9-
"and the LORD said to Moses:
Make a seraph and mount it on a pole, and everyone who has been bitten will look at it and recover.

Accordingly Moses made a bronze serpent and mounted it on a pole,
and whenever the serpent bit someone, the person looked at the bronze serpent and recovered."

Do you accuse God, Moses and Jesus Christ of idolatry?
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#548464 Jul 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>It was then as it is now, for Beleivers to stand up and speak if they so choose, but you catholics to insist that peter had the place of being the leader of the Apostles , is to CALL JESUS A LIAR.
Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. 43 But so shall it not be among you:
THAT IS FOUND IN MARK.
I pity your ignorance about the gospel, but you shouldn't lie because you don't understand truth.
The pope, from St.Peter thru Francis are all servants of Christ's disciples, not lords.
atemcowboy wrote:
THE LYING COMES FROM IDIOTS LIKE YOU (I DO SIN) TROLLING
You've proved your ignorance, are you also mentally disturbed?

United States

#548465 Jul 11, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
Regina wrote:
You're welcome!
-
-
If NOT for Catholicism ... there would be no Muslims, hunny! NO Islam.
-
The people indigenous to the area learned "Murder In The Name Of God" by watching the Catholics ... murder ... In The Name Of God! Then THEY ramped it up a few notches.
-
re: CONSTANTINE: In THIS Sign Conquer!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_...
-
Arab response: Allahu Akbar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
-
The local Arabs watched as Constantinian *Christians* murdered in the Name of God for 300 years. They grew weary. THREE FULL centuries of Catholic WAR.
-
Their RESPONSE was Islam! Murdering In The Name Of God became *normal* to the region - thanks ONLY to Catholicism.
-
I COULD say, "You're welcome" for this bit of insight ... but what would be the point?

Location hidden

#548466 Jul 11, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I pity your ignorance about the gospel, but you shouldn't lie because you don't understand truth.
The pope, from St.Peter thru Francis are all servants of Christ's disciples, not lords.
<quoted text>
the words of Jesus were pretty plain. you say peter is the leader but Jesus said otherwise. but hey, don't worry, catholics don't Follow Him nor His Word.

atemcowboy wrote:

<quoted text>It was then as it is now, for Beleivers to stand up and speak if they so choose, but you catholics to insist that peter had the place of being the leader of the Apostles , is to CALL JESUS A LIAR.
Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. 43 But so shall it not be among you:
THAT IS FOUND IN MARK.

most of if not all of the catholic churchs popes have been very evil people as evidenced by the history they have left behind, Troll(I do sin) panchos buddy.

History undeniable by their evil deeds. killing and massacring hundreds of thousands if not millions. Only God has the actual count and some day the blood from these martyrs will cry out for justice and then your false irreligious system will come falling down for good.

Location hidden

#548467 Jul 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the words of Jesus were pretty plain. you say peter is the leader but Jesus said otherwise. but hey, don't worry, catholics don't Follow Him nor His Word.
atemcowboy wrote:
THAT IS FOUND IN MARK.
most of if not all of the catholic churchs popes have been very evil people as evidenced by the history they have left behind, Troll(I do sin) panchos buddy.
History undeniable by their evil deeds. killing and massacring hundreds of thousands if not millions. Only God has the actual count and some day the blood from these martyrs will cry out for justice and then your false irreligious system will come falling down for good.
Cisco Kid wrote:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>

Me;
and then TROLL, we will see who is lying and/or who is mentally ill.

and the bottom line is that it will not be ME. unlike you, I am not calling Jesus a liar, only someone stupid or crazy like you TROLL would do such a thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 15 hr Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web