Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653703 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Godspeakinginmyd reamslol

Nürnberg, Germany

#548319 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within or without religion we all have "concepts" of truth, which are abstract ideas. But to claim that anybody knows universal truth while others don't is simply egotistical baffle gas.
The idea that people know the "mind" of a god, when there is no tangible proof that a god even exists, is based on nothing but faith.
Humans should feel like idiots, claiming to know the mind of a god ... but so arrogant and NEEDY for thrills are humans ... they prefer their delusions to all else. Meanwhile they fight to the death defending their own personalized delusions.
Baboons have more brain-skills than humans. They don't have a need to defend religion as being universal truth. Their faith is in finding the next meal and taking care of their babies.
You are not completely wrong, but do not completely understand what religion is. God exists, there is definitive proof. Thing is only he is an incompetent imagination in peoples heads and he only exists there.

At first intelligent people could´t explain how the world worked so they made up names, like god and the stupid people keep using those words because they are to stupid to understand science and are more comfortable in their ignorance.

because ignorance is bliss.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#548320 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you ARE one such worrier.
If you weren't worrying you wouldn't be using biblical scriptures compiled by ignorant men to in turn preach at others as being based on universal truth ...while at the same time claiming you are "spiritual" rather than religious.
Let me put it this way, Death is not my main focus.
Of Course I worry about death, anyone that says they don't is a liar!
Even You!

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#548321 Jul 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Poncho.
...I am just funnin' with you. If you couldn't figure that out that makes you the idiot.
...I don't believe any of these stories were told by a man named Jesus.
....You have only a belief, just like every religion claims that their historical stories are factual. You picked one, I pick none.
.......lighten up.
Christians are in denial that every religion has it's hero saviors and that the Catholics were not the first to tell the Jesus-type of story to their followers.

It's been pointed out again and again to them, but they close their minds and carry on as though their own savior-myth is the only real one that ever existed.

Note how the word Chrishna was at one time spelled close to the word Christ. Now the Hindus spell the word Krishna.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

And we have the same kind of evidence that the Hindoo Messiah, Chrishna, of India, restored two boys to life who had been killed by the bites of serpents, as that Jesus Christ resurrected Lazarus and the widow’s son of Nain; and as much proof that Bacchus turned water into wine, as that Jesus performed this act six hundred years after.

Burns Lake, Canada

#548322 Jul 10, 2014
truth wrote:
Its look like that when you pray you talk for yourself.
Are you for sure someone not listen or don't have ability to listen as invisible way?
its written
when you pray go in your room and pray
So why are people on a forum claiming that when a whole crowd prays together there is more power for the God to hear the prayer?

Don't be afraid to question that what you have been taught is based on lies.

That is how your theologians keep you in mental bondage. They know that FEAR is the motivator that will keep you saying "I must use blind faith and never ask questions of what they taught me ... or I WILL be punished by GOD."

Don't believe them.

You have no-doubt read that I tested that theory more than a few times by asking this supposed god to strike me dead immediately if he existed in order to prove to the people of the world that what the theologians teach is truth.

Yet I'm still writing these words on the forum.

I am not afraid of being punished by a god ... because men in religion are the ones to fear. THEY mean "business." They are the ones that want to kill me.

Nürnberg, Germany

#548323 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are in denial that every religion has it's hero saviors and that the Catholics were not the first to tell the Jesus-type of story to their followers.
It's been pointed out again and again to them, but they close their minds and carry on as though their own savior-myth is the only real one that ever existed.
Note how the word Chrishna was at one time spelled close to the word Christ. Now the Hindus spell the word Krishna.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.
Pagan Miracles
And we have the same kind of evidence that the Hindoo Messiah, Chrishna, of India, restored two boys to life who had been killed by the bites of serpents, as that Jesus Christ resurrected Lazarus and the widow’s son of Nain; and as much proof that Bacchus turned water into wine, as that Jesus performed this act six hundred years after.
But the christian story is the only truth lol :D Because it is know that Lazarus later corrupts Leoric and summons Diablo into our Realm. It´s fact.

Never seen Hindus do that. Also ignorance is bliss. I´m jealous of stupid religious folk, so much easier going through life with ignorance.

Burns Lake, Canada

#548324 Jul 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians were not given a collection of writings in order to 'determine" the teachings of Jesus Christ.

All History ignores Him.

The fact that Christ finds no place in the history of the era in which he lived,—that not one event of his life is recorded by anybody but his own interested and prejudiced biographers,—settles the conclusion, beyond cavil or criticism, that the godlike achievements ascribed to him are naught but fable or fiction.

Burns Lake, Canada

#548325 Jul 10, 2014
HeadlinesYTube wrote:
Israel KNESSET admits "secret deal" w/ VATICAN (*News)
http://youtu.be/VBCPJaAI3y4
Disgruntled JEALOUS Christians have been calling the popes the anti-Christs since the Catholics took control over other religions in the Roman empire.

And the popes referred to Martin Luther and other fake-Christians as the anti-Christs.

Will you people NEVER tire of such stupidity???

If you study mythology ... you will stop fighting over whose myth is real and whose myth is fake and comprehend that myths are all based on having faith in imagination.

Nürnberg, Germany

#548326 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All History ignores Him.
The fact that Christ finds no place in the history of the era in which he lived,—that not one event of his life is recorded by anybody but his own interested and prejudiced biographers,—settles the conclusion, beyond cavil or criticism, that the godlike achievements ascribed to him are naught but fable or fiction.
Chances are higher that those "saviors" were Aliens visiting us than humans. Yea that is how stupid religious belief is noways. Still the same mindset as people 50.000 years ago figuring out what the sun is and all that stuff.

Eventually Jesus will be just as forgotten and a silly as Odin, Freya, Thor, Anubis, Rah, Moses Zeus, and the list goes on and on and on.

Btw it´s what religious people have in common with NAZIS!, yea thats right Nazis- they also had some crazy ideas in their belief. Both also killed lot´s of people in the name of their made up ideas.

The CRAZY thing is that alot of idiots still belief made up ideas like the concept of god and afterlife lol. It´s our responsibility to teach them otherwise, because they are to stupid to do it on their own.

Burns Lake, Canada

#548327 Jul 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?? I guess I wasn't clear ...I love Jesus,with all my heart and pray each person can find,Him ...
And the Hindus probably pray that you will be wise enough to find their savior Krishna in your heart so that you don't have to spend eternity in Hindu hell.

That is how the religious game perpetuates itself. It passes from one generation to the next with its insidious self-serving agenda.

You are certain that Jesus will save Protestants ... and the Hindus are certain that Krishna will NOT save Protestants.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#548328 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Where are you man called something by God???
WHICH IS THE ONLY CHURCH RECOGNIZED IN THE BIBLE.
----------
When was this church started in the Bible?
your question is understandably MOOT.

since you don't belong to the Born Again Church of Believers, I feel no compunction to answer you.

and EVEN clay has figured you out as NOTHING but a troublemaker.

Burns Lake, Canada

#548329 Jul 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I condemn no one .
You believe that Jesus and God will condemn those to hell who are not Protestant.

That means you support that supposed condemnation ... which means that you inadvertently DO condemn others to an eternal misery of hell.

You want others to perceive that you are a holy replica of Jesus ... but if you think about it ... there's nothing holy about the image of Jesus. If he lived and he was holy, he would not reject even one soul to hell ... much less the majority of the world's population.

Theology is a nasty male-created BUSINESS!$$$$$$$$$
Magic Mike

Canada

#548330 Jul 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?? I guess I wasn't clear ...I love Jesus,with all my heart and pray each person can find,Him ...
I condemn no one .
GOD OPERATES,OUTSIDE AND InsIDE OF TIME...a day is As,a thousand years fir HIM ..not us..

Explain that to us? If you pray to God right this minute he is in a different time era? Come on its all sillyness that some crackpot in the OT wrote down.

When and why would God use our time system that a day to us is 1000 years for him?(come on lol)

....So if you pray to God today he is billions or trillions of years ahead of you? Yet you believe God answers your prayers today.

So if today is July 10, 2014, tomorrow what date is it for God? 1000 years ahead, and July 11, 2014 to us would mean God is another 1,000 years ahead of that.

MAKES NO COMMON SENSE, and I can't believe you believe this nonsense.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#548331 Jul 10, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you omit the speech of St.Peter?
Are you afraid to admit Se.Peter was the leader as first Pope?
"During those days Peter stood up in the midst of the brothers
(there was a group of about one hundred and twenty persons in the one place). He said,..."
Acts 1:15
See Acts 2:14...Peter’s Speech at Pentecost.
"Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice, and proclaimed to them,
“You who are Jews, indeed all of you staying in Jerusalem. Let this be known to you, and listen to my words....."
It was then as it is now, for Beleivers to stand up and speak if they so choose, but you catholics to insist that peter had the place of being the leader of the Apostles , is to CALL JESUS A LIAR.

Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. 43 But so shall it not be among you:

THAT IS FOUND IN MARK.

and mocking the day(which I will never forget) has nothing to do with lies.

THE LYING COMES FROM IDIOTS LIKE YOU (I DO SIN) TROLLING

Burns Lake, Canada

#548332 Jul 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you do debunk all religions and even my spirituality, but Catholics and Protestants seem to be your focus..
My apologies to you..
Thank you. And the people posting on this forum are all Protestant and Catholic ... with the exception of a few new-age spiritualists such as you.

That is why it appears I most often touch on the Protestant and Catholics religions.

Burns Lake, Canada

#548333 Jul 10, 2014
Godspeakinginmydreamslol wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not completely wrong, but do not completely understand what religion is. God exists, there is definitive proof.
The polytheistic story is that there are enough gods to go around for everybody. Some are good gods and some are evil gods that will punish offenders.

The monotheistic story is, that the one god in the sky loves ONLY my group of believers and your group is going to go to hell.

It's really silly that the Muslims and Christians pray to the same supposed one god ... yet they both have their own saviors within the milieu and claim that each other will go to hell.

The Muslims claim that if Christians don't believe in the Mahdi-savior, the god will reject them to Islam's hell. And the Christians believe that if the Muslims don't accept Jesus as the REAL savior, the VERY SAME GOD will reject the Muslims to Christian hell.

And they both refer to the god as a holy and loving god.

Nutology!!!
Magic Mike

Canada

#548334 Jul 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's,a,thought , really to think hard on......
Since there,is,NO TIME for God....ever pray a,loved one DID turn to Him..did listen to the,HOLY Spirit at the hour of death...especially if we,were Not there .....
....I asked my pastor .we agreed ...it is,something to think on as,NOTHING is,impossible with God ...AND HE HAS,NO LIMITATION.....as far as,we,know nothing in the bible forbids this, as we are talking to Our LORD...not the deceased
Just something positive to think and maybe pray about ...

.....Praying is a waste of time. There have been enough studies, and polls that indicate praying does not heal someone, does not make them live longer lives, or avoid accidents, or change the weather forecast for your wedding or picnic. Things happen because they do.

......What praying does is make the person praying feel physcologicaly better and the person being prayed for gives them comfort in which comfort or positive thinking can actually help in a persons recovery. It has nothing to do with God.

... What about claims by billions of non christians who pray to or have prayed to their deity such as Allah, Vishnu, Zeus, Ra or any other god? Do you believe their prayers are answered by their God or is it just your God that answers prayers?

Its all so silly..........however if it makes you feel good go for it.
Magic Mike

Canada

#548335 Jul 10, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible's man made, goofy.
People believe for two main reasons.

....... FEAR of death and the unknown after, and belief based on the herd mentality. Born into a particular organized belief, you follow the person ahead of you and the ones behind you follow you..........just like sheep in a meadow.

.... Born by chance to a loving family in the middle east good chance Allah is who one will worship.

....Born by chance to a loving family in the western world, Jesus is usually who one worships.

....Each claims they are on the right path to gods glory. I say they are both wrong.

... I love this forum and reading some of the nonsense that people post about.(lol)

Burns Lake, Canada

#548336 Jul 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Let me put it this way, Death is not my main focus.
Of Course I worry about death, anyone that says they don't is a liar!
Even You!
You just double-talked your self.

I don't worry one bit about death. I do however wonder how much I'll have to suffer before death ... but I try not to worry about it, as worry causes stress to the physical body and stress creates illness in the body.

That is why I believe it is not wise for people in religion to worry about being rejected to a hell in a hereafter. And as much as you claim to have faith that eternal bliss awaits you ... there is always that niggling at your brain-cells ... "WHAT IF I am wrong and the fact is I WILL be rejected to hell?"

I believe it was yesterday on the forum one of the Christians stated ... "If I make it to heaven it will be a miracle."

FEAR causes stress in your physical body. And stress causes mental and physical illness to your own being.

Religion never was, and is NOT good.
Michael

Canada

#548337 Jul 10, 2014
Pope Francis recently stated Bishops will pay a hefty price if not turning in pedo priests.

Where was this Pope Francis voice two years ago when he was a Cardinal in Equador where pedo priests have been running rampant for years?

...Now he is in the drivers seat and makes ALL the decisions. The rest of the Cardinals might as well go back home where they came from.

Nürnberg, Germany

#548338 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Hindus probably pray that you will be wise enough to find their savior Krishna in your heart so that you don't have to spend eternity in Hindu hell.
That is how the religious game perpetuates itself. It passes from one generation to the next with its insidious self-serving agenda.
You are certain that Jesus will save Protestants ... and the Hindus are certain that Krishna will NOT save Protestants.
it means everyone will just die happy ignorant lifes and thus "saved" I just hope Aliens out there that can travel FTL have already moved beyond that crazy schizophrenic religion bullshit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 10 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web