Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637946 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#548294 Jul 10, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>really?
It must be. It just has to be.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#548295 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome :)

Location hidden

#548296 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was kind of joking.
All religions are true to their believers.
Yes they are.
June is a character, it's all about Catholics and Protestants with her..
She has tunnel vision and will never see the train that runs her over.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#548297 Jul 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes they are.
Look how that worked out for Ireland.

Location hidden

#548298 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Look how that worked out for Ireland.
Right.
June is my most favorite atheist, well I have put her on my unfavorited list for now, I have been upset with her..
I love talking with her as I do most people..
Life's to short to worry about so much..
Most people are so busy "preparing" for death, that they forget to live.
I am not one of them :)
Michael

Canada

#548299 Jul 10, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody that thinks the parable of the sower had anything to do with good farming practices is an idiot.
Jesus was speaking to an agrarian people so the absurdity of the sower's practice drew listeners attention to the actual subject of the story.
Do you misinterpret "Fun With Dick and Jane" too?
Poncho.

...I am just funnin' with you. If you couldn't figure that out that makes you the idiot.

...I don't believe any of these stories were told by a man named Jesus.

....You have only a belief, just like every religion claims that their historical stories are factual. You picked one, I pick none.

.......lighten up.
truth

Westminster, Australia

#548300 Jul 10, 2014
Its look like that when you pray you talk for yourself.
Are you for sure someone not listen or don't have ability to listen as invisible way?
its written
when you pray go in your room and pray
Michael

Canada

#548301 Jul 10, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
All mankind is comfortable with imagery, that's why Icons are so important for the ignorant to learn from and the intelligent to enjoy.
....Its called idolatry when one talks to, bows, or cries in front of plaster statues, or physical objects. The bible is clear on that.

....If the people you claim are created in icon form, why do icons have physical appearances if you have no clue what these people actually looked like?

......Would you cut a picture of a man from a magazine put it in your wallet and show people telling them this is your father?.........maybe YOU would.(lol)

Liam

Detroit, MI

#548302 Jul 10, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be basing you beliefs on what the Catholic church tells you. It is cult like for any church to say they are the "true" church that our Christ built.
I don't get why the Vatican thinks it's somehow superior and tries to make itself the only way to God.
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
These verses may prove to you that Peter started the church in Rome but, to me and many more of the Christian faith, it simply means that " thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. I believe that with all my heart. Does it really matter if I'm Catholic or not?
Christians were not given a collection of writings in order to 'determine" the teachings of Jesus Christ. ie the Catholic Church didnt read Mathew 16:18; then hold a quick Bible study to determine to what Jesus "really" said to Peter. Rather, we believe Mathew 16:18 because it actually happened. Peter went to Antioch and ordained Ignatius- who also became John's disciple. Then he went to Rome and ordained Linus, Cletus and Clement.
Jesus said "go and make disciples of ALL nations, teaching all that I have commanded".
Jesus didnt say: "5 of you write some scriptures and hand them out to the people. They'll figurr it all out."
We have the proof because the Apostles were not secretive about the faith, they were visible and clear in their teachings. Their successors and their successors were visible and clear. Every name of the Bishops down to the Peter can be accounted for. This is an unbroken lineage unprecedented in human history.
HeadlinesYTube

Marietta, GA

#548303 Jul 10, 2014

Israel KNESSET admits "secret deal" w/ VATICAN (*News)

http://youtu.be/VBCPJaAI3y4

truth

Westminster, Australia

#548304 Jul 10, 2014
Argentina win,they will put in newspaper and celebrated as saints gol- winner penalty..what a about that?!
You see gol penalty as well crowd people how much they happy..is that false delusion as idol-sport-ship sainthood!

Did you read ever any book how priest organize street kids to play soccer not to be alone or spend life in falsehood?
See how many soccer liga in hand as instrument as happiness as fun funny and man-money.
You lived from every word.

its written
-in beginning is word
truth

Westminster, Australia

#548305 Jul 10, 2014
What priest will tell you why you need play on some day when you need go to the church?
hojo

Waconia, MN

#548307 Jul 10, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is the way. the truth and the life. Can your pope give you everlasting life? Does your salvation depend on the Catholic church? Why do you promote the words of the catholic church and not of God and Christ.
Christ gives us salvation, not your church or your pope.
James 1 : 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Really? Are you or your church without spot? Who do you think you are?
********The Pope doesn't give ANYONE everlasting life!......
********Salvation depends only on Jesus Christ (in and through) HIS Universal (Catholic) Church---the Bride of Christ
********Catholics believe,follow, and adhere to the Words of Jesus Christ ( in the Gospels) that were handed down by HIM to HIS Apostles over 2000 years ago with regard to HIS Universal (Catholic Church inMatthew 16:13-21 and in regards to the Eucharist in John 6:47-59" For unless you eat my body (which is REAL food) and drink my blood which is REAL drink you CANNOT have eternal life, Catholic Christians believe in Sola Verbun Dei ( the Word of God alone) This comes to us from Christ and His Apostles through both the written and the unwritten oral tradition.(2Thess2:15 which has been entrusted to ---and made known through HIS Universal Catholic Church Eph 3:9-10...... Paul confirms ALL of this in II Timothy 3:15 when he calls The Church ( not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.....Qustion to you:" Why don't YOU follow the spoken, stated and expressed words of Jesus in the Bible (especially in the Gospels?????.....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#548308 Jul 10, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says there is "no time for God"? Either you are talking about yourself or you are condemning people blindly. Who are you talking about when you say "Since there,is,NO TIME for God."?
Were supposed to edify each other. I'm not real good at that yet so watch it. Just kidding, kinda.
Huh?? I guess I wasn't clear ...I love Jesus,with all my heart and pray each person can find,Him ...

I condemn no one .

GOD OPERATES,OUTSIDE AND InsIDE OF TIME...a day is As,a thousand years fir HIM ..not us..

So if we,pray at that at the hour of death for a,loved one, they were drawn to Him even if they died,years ago....how,do we,know,it CANNOT happen. Or didn't .....

It was,just a thought...until one dies, it's not too late for them to find our Lord..

I said this,was,something to think hard,on...

Best that each person NOT WAIT until the hour if death and accept Him sooner than later ....

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#548309 Jul 10, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, dummy, we've gone to me *being* a Protestant, to you *guessing* I am a Protestant, to me having some sort of theologians, to me having theories based on universal truth.
Got any more nonsense?
As I stated before, you HIDE your religious preference for some reason, but it's plain from what you post that you believe you KNOW universal truth and that from your lofty pulpit, only OTHERS are dummies.

I, on the other hand believe we are all dummies that don't know even if a future exists past physical death of our bodies.

Burns Lake, Canada

#548310 Jul 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When was this church started in the Bible?
Hahahahahaha

The bible was published in the fourth century. The Catholics started the tale of Jesus' birth, life and death IN the bible.

The only other Christians that existed before that time were the Gnostic Christians that were nuttier than fruitcakes in their divisive theories.

You and the Jehovah's witnesses and Joseph Smith and a whole lot of other dreamers want to imply that you are on line with the first Christians that were the TRUE followers of universal truth ... HOLY followers of Jesus ... of all the silly beliefs.

Humans are NOT nice to each other because of religion ... and I suggest humans never WERE nice to each other because of religion.

Humans in religion were and are right-fighters. "You agree with my theologies ... or you will suffer the consequences ... PERIOD!!!"

Burns Lake, Canada

#548311 Jul 10, 2014
And I meant that the Gnostic Christians existed before the new testament was published in the fourth century. They did not exist before the Catholics.

The Catholics were simply one more Gnostic Christian group of nutcases until Constantine gave them the power over other religious nutcases in hopes of uniting the empire.

Burns Lake, Canada

#548312 Jul 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes they are.
You are fibbing again. I comment on ALL religion as being bunk ... including your fluffy so-called spirituality that you reckon is superior to all "religion" ... of all the silly ideas.

Without religion ... the words spirit and soul would not exist. Within nutty theology you can't HAVE a spirit without the spirit being attached to a creator.

After all ... you don't believe that YOU created your own self-perceived holy spirit ... do you???

Location hidden

#548313 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
The bible was published in the fourth century. The Catholics started the tale of Jesus' birth, life and death IN the bible.
The only other Christians that existed before that time were the Gnostic Christians that were nuttier than fruitcakes in their divisive theories.
You and the Jehovah's witnesses and Joseph Smith and a whole lot of other dreamers want to imply that you are on line with the first Christians that were the TRUE followers of universal truth ... HOLY followers of Jesus ... of all the silly beliefs.
Humans are NOT nice to each other because of religion ... and I suggest humans never WERE nice to each other because of religion.
Humans in religion were and are right-fighters. "You agree with my theologies ... or you will suffer the consequences ... PERIOD!!!"
Good Morning.
The Catholics hands put their own spin to Jesus
The Gnostic Christians, that you said existed BEFORE the Catholic Church were descendants of Christs true followers and shows that Jesus existed June...
The Romans and the Church slaughtered them and burnt what they could get their hands on of Jesus..
Godspeakinginmyd reamslol

Nürnberg, Germany

#548314 Jul 10, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
********The Pope doesn't give ANYONE everlasting life!......
********Salvation depends only on Jesus Christ (in and through) HIS Universal (Catholic) Church---the Bride of Christ
********Catholics believe,follow, and adhere to the Words of Jesus Christ ( in the Gospels) that were handed down by HIM to HIS Apostles over 2000 years ago with regard to HIS Universal (Catholic Church inMatthew 16:13-21 and in regards to the Eucharist in John 6:47-59" For unless you eat my body (which is REAL food) and drink my blood which is REAL drink you CANNOT have eternal life, Catholic Christians believe in Sola Verbun Dei ( the Word of God alone) This comes to us from Christ and His Apostles through both the written and the unwritten oral tradition.(2Thess2:15 which has been entrusted to ---and made known through HIS Universal Catholic Church Eph 3:9-10...... Paul confirms ALL of this in II Timothy 3:15 when he calls The Church ( not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.....Qustion to you:" Why don't YOU follow the spoken, stated and expressed words of Jesus in the Bible (especially in the Gospels?????.....
OMG 2000 year old Gospels NOW we know it´s all true lololololidiotlololol. New scientific method > Gospels trollololol

Viking Saga´s and Egyptians have a word to speak with you. Oh right, they are all converted into christianity now or are atheist and Odin though, "Fuck it, if no one believe I exits I´m outa here! "

Wish I could be see in the feature where people laugh about the idiots who believe in religion. As we are doing now to other cultures as Vikings and others.

Poor Zeus is sad too, no one likes to play with him any more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 10,085
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web