Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,649
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#547934 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
Have some more quotes from early church fathers continued,Hippolytus speaks of presumption. Zephyrinus 14th bishop of Rome imagined that he administered the affairs of the whole church. He was an uninformed and shamefully corrupt man...He hurried head long into the same opinions(denying the Trinity) and he had Callistus( who would become the 15th pope of Rome as his advisor and fellow champion of these wicked tenants....I have never been guilty of collusion with them(Hippolytus says) INSTEAD, I have frequently opposed,refuted, and have forced them(bishops Victor,Zephyrinus, and Callistus) reluctantly to acknowledge the truth.

Hippolytus,AD225 Refutation of all Heresies 9:6--- Callistus perverted Sebellius himself. And he did this, even though he had the ability of rectifying (his errors).

Hippolytus Refutation of all heresies 9:8----"The imposter(Pope Callistus1), having ventured on such opinions, established a school in antagonism to the church.He adopted the forgoing system of instruction: he first invented a device conniving with men in regard to their indulgence in pleasures, saying that everyone has their sins forgiven by him.
"For if anyone commits any transgression, if he is called a Christian(even though he normally attended some else's congregation), they say the sin is not counted against him-provided he hurries off to the school of callistus. And many persons are gratified with regulations....Now some of these person's had been by us forcibly ejected from the church in accord with our judicial sentence. HOWEVER, they simply went over to him and helped to crowd his school.

Firmilian,church father AD256 states in a n epistle written to Cyprian 74:6(before the martyrdom of Cyprian." Those who are at Rome do not always observe those things that were handed down from the beginning. YET, they vainly pretend the authority of the apostles.
The same epistle to Cyprian 74:19."We join custom to truth.We resist the Roman's custom upon custom.

Cyprian in his epistle 51 says: "After the persecution, all the remaining Carthaginian bishops got together to debate what to do with the lapsed,both sides appealing to Scripture as the "only authority," "Then notified Rome of their decision. Rome had similar council and came to the same conclusion."
Cyprians's Epistle 66-67: To Pope Stephen of Rome,excommunicate Novation and his party.
"67: Stephen was deceived by Basilides and Novation.Cyprian states the prophesies of the Antichrist foretold of heresy rising up in the church at the end of the world. I, Cyprian speculates the prophecy of the church's end time apostasy is starting in Rome."
Epistle 70--- Colleagues Stephen pope of Rome is presumptuous.
Epistle 73---Cyprian to pope Stephen of Rome,because you are in error,by forbidding anyone coming from a heresy to be baptized in the church; judging the baptism of heretics to be lawful. Stephen condemns non-Trinitarians as heretics,but not considering the heresy of Novatian. Stephen refuses to re-baptize those who renounce heresy to restore them to the church which is true.
Epistle 74--- Cyprian responds to Firmilian,who is bishop of Caesarea,concerning the heretical attitude of Stephen of Rome who acts unkindly toward those who want to be restored to the church.Firmilian claims to Cyprian that Stephen and the Roman church vainly pretend the authority of the apostles. Cyprian states that the former heretics must be given consideration to language,and customs along with their desire to revert to the Church.
"Stephen does not understand that the truth of the Christian Rock is overshadowed,and in some measure abolished when he betrays and deserts unity this way." Stephen says baptism in the name of Jesus alone is permissible, making heretic baptisms acceptable.
Stephen responded later with calling Cyprian a false Christ,apostle and a deceitful worker."Cont.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#547935 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Wacky theology
Jesus came to earth and was born into Judaism. His father in the sky favored the Jews, and obviously wanted Jesus brought up to be a Jewish Rabbi ... Rabboni ... Great Master of Judaism ... King of the Jews.
I think those Catholics drugged Jesus in order to get him into that river and be baptized into Catholicism.
There would be no other reason Jesus would so lose his way as to go from supporting the Jewish Passover to in turn supporting the Catholic Eucharist.
Bunkology!!!
Jesus being baptize in the River Jordan by John the Baptist,had NOTHING to do with your assessment of Roman Catholicism.It is not a Catholic rite that Jesus submitted to when He went down into that river to be baptized of John.The Pharisees never had John arrested for holding baptismal sessions in the Jordan. But they feared what he was saying about the Jewish religious laws that were oppressive to the people. John did not become a Catholic,nor did Mary,or Joseph, or any Jewish person mentioned in the Scriptures or mainly the New Covenant.
You bring out all the time in your posts the misconception of Catholic theology being forced upon the Jewish people,from a Catholic view point.It is just not so.All that we read in the New Testament was part of Jewish laws,festivals,rituals for sacrificing animals for sin,and how JESUS was the final sacrifice for sin,which has NOTHING to do with Catholicism in the least,but it has all to do with the subject of sin,human kind,and salvation in Christ.Christ is not a Roman Catholic,and the very fact that He is not also brings us to the reality that He is the Author and finisher of our faith,not the inventor of some religious organization.Jesus called all humanity to Him to be set free of the penalty of sin and to inherit eternal life in Christ.A true and everlasting relationship with the Father is also part of that,and an introduction to the Kingdom of the Father as well.

All this bunk about religious titles is being used by you to show Christians that we are without any foundation.Well in spite of your views and assessments June,HE is able to give to us NEW life,and to change our hearts from arrogance to freedom to live by faith. Take care June don't because of your beliefs,not to believe, assume that RCism created the whole Redemption story,which is great in His power,

United States

#547936 Jul 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
You are as interested in truth as a tree stump. We know what you represent. You are a lying cheat. Thats why we need you around just in case there are any borderline Catholics listening. That's right. The greatest service you can do for the CC is argue against her. People need to hear your side too....Then they'll realize there is only one option. Thank you Ox!
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
You cannot refute the truth in my post...you can't accept it...so, you do the only thing you can do...bad-mouth me..
From Scripture....Christ referred to seven (7) churches in Rev...not one did He refer to as Catholic...why don't you bad-mouth Him...
Your NABre pope approved Bible says:
Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.
Not one hint about His church being the RCC....why don't you bad-mouth your pope???
-
-
They have to shoot the messenger because they can't handle the truth.
-
They can't obey Jesus, either - because he spoke the truth. So in order to wrap their brains around the evil that their church gets away with (and the church gets away with it because the parishioners let it get away with all kinds of evil), they even have to stoop to calling Jesus out to being a liar.
-
Go figure.
But just think.. if they call Jesus a liar and dismiss the Bible - they can do whatever they want from there. and boy! if 'it' can be done, the church has done it!
Mueller

Augsburg, Germany

#547937 Jul 7, 2014
what bullshit, religion is just for idiots, your god only lives in your head. Just because so many people believe this shit, doesnīt make it any more real. Itīs like that saying, being the only sane person besides a whole lot of crazy, so that the crazy idiots think they are right. Wake the fuck up and explore the universe.

There is no true church, no true god and no true religion. Just people imagination running wild.

But yay for ignorance. God must really hate those poor countries and starving children :D
rosesz

Gainesville, FL

#547938 Jul 7, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....just what I expected. Sorry, but Christ never said it was all good. It was never, ever just Jesus, the Bible, and me. These are recent Protestant evangelical fundamentalist constructs in an effort to rationalize their rejection of Christ's teachings and the church He established and to whom He gave His authority and the keys to the kingdom...Not to the individual (as you claim), but to His church and only His church. Unless, as the author of the article states, you believe you have the power to bind and loose?
Jesus rejected only certain sects and their hypocrisy. He never rejected the Jewish religion, replete with its **Many** rituals and practices which He as a faithful Jew loved and followed. Again, as the article states, He didn't abolish that religion, He fulfilled it...establishing the Sacraments, commanding and demonstrating ritual, even giving us a highly formalized prayer when He could have just as easily thrown out some vague suggestions and told us to wing it.
He also didn't say that it would be easy or simple, in fact just the opposite. The gate is narrow, the cross is heavy. He never said it was all good and nothing else matters as long as we're *nice* to people, that whatever you want to believe is fine as long as it makes you feel good. There is no objective truth. If someone says there is, they're being "exclusionary"....ev en if that someone is Jesus Christ himself.**That**, my dear, is the height of arrogance.
Regina, when you awake in the middle of the night , continue evercresxhbout just to touch the hem of His His,cloak....that's Faith...
And Whatcom am talking about.

The rest dereliction, if it brings you close to Christ, all well and good.

As for your comnentc..it never was just JESUS...

he,said I AM THE,WAY...the ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER..

JESUS CHRIST , OUR SAVIIUR ...BELIEF AND LOVE FOR AND OF AND IN HIM ..
rosesz

Gainesville, FL

#547939 Jul 7, 2014
Sorry , this tablet. Mind of its,own..

Did you ever just reach for Him in your heart , to just touch the hem of His,cloak

Pray, Lord I am not worthy , but SPEAK THE WORD ,and my soul shall be healed.

You may learn much at Church ...and love going...good.

Bifurcated in our hearts speaking to H I M,,,YES JESUS,.....that He hears,

Peace all
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#547940 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
They can't obey Jesus, either - because he spoke the truth. So in order to wrap their brains around the evil that their church gets away with (and the church gets away with it because the parishioners let it get away with all kinds of evil), they even have to stoop to calling Jesus out to being a liar.
-
Go figure.
But just think.. if they call Jesus a liar and dismiss the Bible - they can do whatever they want from there. and boy! if 'it' can be done, the church has done it!
We need you to keep going too, guest.. I wasn't always a practicing Catholic. I actually sought something other than Catholicism. Encounters with your kind steered me to the CC. If people have a sincere desire for the truth, and they observe both arguments, there is only one clear option. People can see like I did....You guys lie at every turn, guest. You can not refute one single point without lying. That's a red flag for anyone who's sincere in their faith and not looking for 'outs' because they disagree with the Church's teaching on divorce, for example.

Im serious....you and Ox do more to help the Catholic Church just by being her enemy.
Liam

United States

#547941 Jul 7, 2014
rosesz wrote:
Sorry , this tablet. Mind of its,own..
Did you ever just reach for Him in your heart , to just touch the hem of His,cloak
Pray, Lord I am not worthy , but SPEAK THE WORD ,and my soul shall be healed.
You may learn much at Church ...and love going...good.
Bifurcated in our hearts speaking to H I M,,,YES JESUS,.....that He hears,
Peace all
Just a deep thought... did you ever think that the devil is just leaving y'all alone. If I was he, I wouldn't bother with you guys. I already got you outside of the Church, fighting against her. I've got confusion among you. Sin is obscure. I've got you marrying same sex partners, I'm using you to destroy the family. You are pulling others away from the Eucharist.... I mean, if im the devil, you're my ally and you don't know it.
Deep thoughts.
truth

Perth, Australia

#547942 Jul 7, 2014
Jesus Christ name above all.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#547943 Jul 7, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "if Jesus lived"...He lived...
.....Quite possibly.

......Was he the son of God? Only one group of people say so. After 2,000 years almost 4 out of 5 people on our planet say no.

....The vast majority of Christians are baptized at just a few months old, have no say in what they are indoctrinated into believing. They became part of the family-hand-me-down tradition.

.......Without indoctrination from childhood, Christianity would be just a bit player in the religious world.
rosesz

Gainesville, FL

#547944 Jul 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a deep thought... did you ever think that the devil is just leaving y'all alone. If I was he, I wouldn't bother with you guys. I already got you outside of the Church, fighting against her. I've got confusion among you. Sin is obscure. I've got you marrying same sex partners, I'm using you to destroy the family. You are pulling others away from the Eucharist.... I mean, if im the devil, you're my ally and you don't know it.
Deep thoughts.
Shame.

So you honestly think those,last two posts, praising Jesus (and by the way saying nothing against your church....we're evil ....from the evil one...?????

Wow,Liam .I do not care what religion you are,, I've been saying all along that it's,our Faith in CHRIST that matters..

But if the,RCC is,NOW teaching that the,words in those, posts,about us being unworthy and reaching up to Him is,wrong ...you are,most certainly in a,faithless place ...but ...

And yet, I've been to your Mass , part of what I just said is,in it ...how can that be ...
Could some of our beliefs, be in common....is,Jesus or the RCC the focus of your worship ...

The MOST IMPORTANT IS,FAITH IN CHRIST AS OUR SAVIOUR , LIAM..
YOU do your church no service by disagreeing with me on such simple beliefs...Imo ...

United States

#547945 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
Go figure.
-
-
Liam wrote:
We need you to keep going too, guest.. I wasn't always a practicing Catholic. I actually sought something other than Catholicism. Encounters with your kind steered me to the CC. If people have a sincere desire for the truth, and they observe both arguments, there is only one clear option. People can see like I did....You guys lie at every turn, guest. You can not refute one single point without lying. That's a red flag for anyone who's sincere in their faith and not looking for 'outs' because they disagree with the Church's teaching on divorce, for example.
Im serious....you and Ox do more to help the Catholic Church just by being her enemy.
-
-
My only one clear option is to steer clear of the ONE CHURCH ON THE PLANET whose DOCUMENTED HISTORY - year after year, century after century -has been nothing but lying against God and making war against "heretics," torturing and murdering "heretics", keeping the Bible from the people and sheltering pedophiles. INVENTING WAYS TO DO EVIL UPON 'HERETICS'.
No other church on the planet has that history.
No other church on the planet.
Yes. It's clear you are "sincere in your faith" and "looking for" 'ins' because you DON'T DISAGREE with the plain and clear systemic corruption that has been part and parcel of the Catholic Church since its inception.
And you call it all good and fine; worthy of reverence.
It boggles the mind.
-
You say the Catholic church was the protector of the Bible?
Actually, the Bible refutes the Catholic church (over and over again):
--
http://biblehub.com/niv/romans/3.htm
Godís Faithfulness

1 What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? 2 Much in every way! First of all, the JEWS HAVE BEEN ENTRUSTED with the VERY WORDS of GOD.
-
Yes, it was the JEWS who were entrusted with the Word of God ... and THEY made copies for ALL to read and study.
But the Catholic church - in contrast - HID the Bible from the people for centuries so they could not discover the truth in its words. The CC even MURDERED people for reading the Bible.
-
Jesus himself said, "Call no Man Your Father" - this is the FIRST THING that the Catholic church insists upon! And the CC idiotic argument that we call our earthly father by the title "father" - so we can go in direct defiance and call a priest "father".
By YOUR argument a priest is worthy of being called father USURPING the roles of your earthly father and Heavenly Father. That's pretty disgusting, actually.
-
and Divorce? you use divorce as an example??
LOL!
Please, Liam, tell everyone what the church's teaching on divorce is. Because I don't think the leaders of the church even know. It keeps changing to suit the church.
-
-
and enemy?
I take GREAT PRIDE in being the ENEMY of the RCC because I speak about the lies of the RCC! And the Bible, once again, refutes YOU, Liam!
-
http://biblehub.com/galatians/4-16.htm
New International Version
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

United States

#547947 Jul 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
Deep thoughts.
-
-
No. that thought is not so 'deep', Liam.
The Devil isn't leaving Bible Believing Christians alone....
.... he gave Bible Believing Christians YOUR CHURCH to contend with.
-
Your Pagan Copying, Constantine Warring, Inquisition Establishing, Heretic Torturing and Murdering, Pedophile Sheltering CHURCH. The Devil is oozing out every aspect of your church. See there? the Devil has gotten INSIDE your church, and how YOU don't find THAT to be CONFUSION ... boggles the mind.
-
See there? sin isn't obscure to me! I can see it for what it is.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#547948 Jul 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered the question. If you are saved have you sinned since you were saved?
When will you answer the question? If you are saved, have you sinned since you were saved?
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
When you come to the knowledge and understanding on what shipwrecked, falling away, backsliding, and turning your back on God means, then I will answer your question.
I began this conversation by asking one simple question. This question remains unanswered.

Here it is..........

If you are saved, have you sinned since you were saved?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#547949 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
-
Your Pagan Copying, Constantine Warring, Inquisition Establishing, Heretic Torturing and Murdering, Pedophile Sheltering CHURCH. The Devil is oozing out every aspect of your church. See there? the Devil has gotten INSIDE your church, and how YOU don't find THAT to be CONFUSION ... boggles the mind.
-
Communicating truth to mankind is what's important to God. Its too bad your moronic brain thinks because we had a screwed up Pope, truth was somehow taken. In fact just the opposite happened. Even the worst pope couldn't alter the truth.
Now let's examine you and the other 'Bible only' fundies. Which one has the truth? Who's God guiding? The only possible conclusion for Protestanism, is to look back at the carnage it created and say "I don't need religion. Its just Jesus, my Bible and me", as Regina post pointed out.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#547950 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
My only one clear option is to steer clear of the ONE CHURCH ON THE PLANET whose DOCUMENTED HISTORY - year after year, century after century -has been nothing but lying against God and making war against "heretics," torturing and murdering "heretics", keeping the Bible from the people and sheltering pedophiles. INVENTING WAYS TO DO EVIL UPON 'HERETICS'.
Yes. It's clear you are "sincere in your faith" and "looking for" 'ins' because you DON'T DISAGREE with the plain and clear systemic corruption that has been part and parcel of the Catholic Church since its inception.
It boggles the mind.
-
--
Godís Faithfulness
1 What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? 2 Much in every way! First of all, the JEWS HAVE BEEN ENTRUSTED with the VERY WORDS of GOD.
-
Yes, it was the JEWS who were entrusted with the Word of God ... and THEY made copies for ALL to read and study.
But the Catholic church - in contrast - HID the Bible from the people for centuries so they could not discover the truth in its words. The CC even MURDERED people for reading the Bible.
-
Jesus himself said, "Call no Man Your Father" - this is the FIRST THING that the Catholic church insists upon! And the CC idiotic argument that we call our earthly father by the title "father" - so we can go in direct defiance and call a priest "father".
By YOUR argument a priest is worthy of being called father USURPING the roles of your earthly father and Heavenly Father. That's pretty disgusting, actually.
-
LOL!
Please, Liam, tell everyone what the church's teaching on divorce is. Because I don't think the leaders of the church even know. It keeps changing to suit the church.
-
-
and enemy?
I take GREAT PRIDE in being the ENEMY of the RCC because I speak about the lies of the RCC! And the Bible, once again, refutes YOU, Liam!
-
You can point to Bible verses all you want. Its just YOUR interpretations. They mean nothing to me. Koresh, Camping, Ellen White, guest or Preston. It means nothing to me. The next generation will have different ideas on the teachings of Christ anyway. The Catholic Church will still be here, proclaiming the truth.
I still encourage you to throw everything you got at us. Argue "call no man Father". We'll give folks a counter argument. The result will be: people will see youre a lying kook. Normal folk will walk away from your man made sect.

United States

#547951 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
Liam wrote:
Communicating truth to mankind is what's important to God. Its too bad your moronic brain thinks because we had a screwed up Pope, truth was somehow taken. In fact just the opposite happened. Even the worst pope couldn't alter the truth.
Now let's examine you and the other 'Bible only' fundies. Which one has the truth? Who's God guiding? The only possible conclusion for Protestanism, is to look back at the carnage it created and say "I don't need religion. Its just Jesus, my Bible and me", as Regina post pointed out.
-
-
YOU say THIS as if you think I don't know it: "Communicating truth to mankind is what's important to God."
FYI: God communicates to mankind through his written word. NOT the papacy!
and it isn't "ONE" screwed up Pope - it's the entire organization that is screwed up and NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to First Century Christianity."
-
More corruption:
http://news.yahoo.com/pope-sex-abuse-victims-...

"Advocacy groups for clerical abuse survivors have denounced the Vatican repeatedly for failing to fire or otherwise discipline bishops and other prelates who routinely shuffled known pedophile priests from parish to parish without alerting parishioners to the danger."
-
CARNAGE of Protestantism?? LOL! as compared to what? the CATHOLIC church? there's no comparison! For the Protestants to catch up to the RCC carnage, the RCC would have to sit it out for 1500 years while Protestants made war, tortured and murdered people for .... READING THE BIBLE.
OH! Wait! That's what they DO .... is read the Bible!! So, obviously, Protestants won't kill people for reading it! OOOOOPS! I guess Protestants will NEVER catch up, even if YOU SIT IT OUT!
ANY step away from the RCC is a step closer to truth.

United States

#547952 Jul 7, 2014
guest wrote:
It boggles the mind.
-
--
Godís Faithfulness
-
-
-
LOL!
-
-
and enemy?
-
-
-
Liam wrote:
You can point to Bible verses all you want. Its just YOUR interpretations. They mean nothing to me. Koresh, Camping, Ellen White, guest or Preston. It means nothing to me. The next generation will have different ideas on the teachings of Christ anyway. The Catholic Church will still be here, proclaiming the truth.
I still encourage you to throw everything you got at us. Argue "call no man Father". We'll give folks a counter argument. The result will be: people will see youre a lying kook. Normal folk will walk away from your man made sect.
-
-
Of course the Bible means nothing to you. I meant nothing to the popes who were covering up for pedophiles, too.
NORMAL people see your RCC lies for what they are. Not even close to the Word of God.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#547953 Jul 7, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....just what I expected. Sorry, but Christ never said it was all good. It was never, ever just Jesus, the Bible, and me..
Now I will ask you "proud Catholic preacher" ... in all honesty, do you believe that Jesus would leave his position as Jewish Rabbi to CHOOSE to be baptized into Catholicism???

Does your conscience relate to you that that tale is based on truth???

Come ON! FESS UP. Not one of you will answer that question ... because you KNOW that it was based on a Catholic DOCTORED LIE!!!

United States

#547954 Jul 7, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/pope-sex-abuse-victims-...

"Other abuse survivors not at the meeting said the encounter would likely do nothing about their complaints the Vatican has failed to punish bishops and other prelates who systemically covered up the abuse of minors.

A German survivor advocacy spokesman, Norbert Denef, called Monday's meeting "nothing more than a PR event."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... 3 hr hmm 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 8,699
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 13 hr Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 14 hr Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat kent 83,899
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
More from around the web