Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647019 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#548256 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The "what" I believe is truth....
You have no truth, thief.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#548257 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You evidently don't read well nor understand what you do read.....
The Bible does speak of bishops..but it does not identify them as Catholic nor catholic...be glad to see your demonstration if it is based on quoted Scripture...
Lol. That's what I figured.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#548258 Jul 9, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I have no theologians.
You believe that you ARE a top-notch theologian. You perceive that you are a HOLY leader of the pack that KNOWS the one and only universal truth.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#548259 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. That's what I figured.
your PROBLEM is this.

your list is inaccurate since your church lists Peter as its first pope,

therefore it makes all of your lists, MOOT!

you can put names down for centuries, that doesn't make them leaders of the Born Again Church that Jesus started,

WHICH IS THE ONLY CHURCH RECOGNIZED IN THE BIBLE.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548260 Jul 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that you ARE a top-notch theologian. You perceive that you are a HOLY leader of the pack that KNOWS the one and only universal truth.
You're pretending again, goofy.

I have no theology.

Prince George, Canada

#548261 Jul 9, 2014
If preachers of all religions had any humility whatsoever, they would know that they still have far too much to learn to be bragging that they know the "future."

Prince George, Canada

#548262 Jul 9, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no theology.
Of course you have theories concerning religion. But to insinuate that personalized religious theories are based on universal truth is quite another matter entirely.

Prince George, Canada

#548263 Jul 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>your PROBLEM is this.
you can put names down for centuries, that doesn't make them leaders of the Born Again Church that Jesus started,
Born-again church???

Now THAT is funny.

Had Jesus lived he would have preached in a Jewish Temple.

The Catholic would have had the first Christian church ... no born-again about it ... and the Protestants would have had a born-again Catholic church.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548264 Jul 9, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible's man made, goofy.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake...

Prince George, Canada

#548265 Jul 9, 2014
And the Gnostic Christians also had their self-serving tales to tell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

How Gnostic Christianity Solves Biblical Mysteries

7. What does "born again" mean?

infers that the reasoning mind must be elevated to the same level as that of God.

http://www.darnellworks.com/gnostic/ch10.htm#...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548266 Jul 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you have theories concerning religion. But to insinuate that personalized religious theories are based on universal truth is quite another matter entirely.
Hey, dummy, we've gone to me *being* a Protestant, to you *guessing* I am a Protestant, to me having some sort of theologians, to me having theories based on universal truth.

Got any more nonsense?

Location hidden

#548267 Jul 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>your PROBLEM is this.
When was this church started in the Bible?

Location hidden

#548268 Jul 9, 2014
The Apostolic Fathers are a small number of Early Christian authors who lived and wrote in the second half of the 1st century and the first half of the 2nd century.[1][2] They are acknowledged as leaders in the early church, although their writings were not included in the New Testament. They include Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp of Smyrna, the author of the Didache, and the author of the Shepherd of Hermas.

The label "Apostolic Fathers" has been applied to them since the 17th century to indicate that they were thought of as being of the generation that had personal contact with the Twelve Apostles. Thus they provide a link between the Apostles—who had personal contact with Jesus—and the later generations of Church Fathers, which includes the Christian apologists, defenders of orthodoxy, and developers of doctrine.

A. They are not identified as being Catholic, catholic, nor RCC..
B. On this "they were thought of as being of the generation that had personal contact with the Twelve Apostles" it is stated as fact "Thus they provide a link between the Apostles"..(which is double talk)
C. None of this is supported by Scripture
D. They were not identified as "apostolic fodders" till the 17th century!!!!
E. I perfer to take my teaching from the Sacred Infallible Word of God..
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548270 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake...
Don't blame me for your foolishness, thief.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548271 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
The Apostolic Fathers are a small number of Early Christian authors who lived and wrote in the second half of the 1st century and the first half of the 2nd century.[1][2] They are acknowledged as leaders in the early church, although their writings were not included in the New Testament. They include Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp of Smyrna, the author of the Didache, and the author of the Shepherd of Hermas.
The label "Apostolic Fathers" has been applied to them since the 17th century to indicate that they were thought of as being of the generation that had personal contact with the Twelve Apostles. Thus they provide a link between the Apostles—who had personal contact with Jesus—and the later generations of Church Fathers, which includes the Christian apologists, defenders of orthodoxy, and developers of doctrine.
A. They are not identified as being Catholic, catholic, nor RCC..
B. On this "they were thought of as being of the generation that had personal contact with the Twelve Apostles" it is stated as fact "Thus they provide a link between the Apostles"..(which is double talk)
C. None of this is supported by Scripture
D. They were not identified as "apostolic fodders" till the 17th century!!!!
E. I perfer to take my teaching from the Sacred Infallible Word of God..
Cite your sources, thief.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#548272 Jul 9, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ASK
When was this church started in the Bible
~~~~
The Church (under grace)was established at Calvary...
It came forth with Jesus in HIS RESURRECTION...
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(NOTE)....WE ARE IN CONTROL OF OUR STATUS WITH GOD.)
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:
but yield yourselves unto God,
as those that are alive from the dead, and
your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
THE CHURCH UNDER THE AGE OF CONSCIOUS...
Existed in Genesis .in the antediluvian world..
THE CHURCH UNDER THE LAW
existed under the law of Moses...
JESUS BIRTH THE CHURCH UNDER GRACE
~~~~

The church WAS ENABLED WITH POWER ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST ..

JESUS SAID TO HIS CHURCH...

.Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#548273 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about the Sacred Scriptures. Where's the documents of people who shared your faith between 90 ad and now. As Tertullian said: "publish the origins of your church...unroll your catalog."
Smyrna has the Apostle John and Polycarp. Rome has Peter, Paul, Linus and Clement.
Antioch has Peter, then Ignatius.
Wheres yours?
You seem to be basing you beliefs on what the Catholic church tells you. It is cult like for any church to say they are the "true" church that our Christ built.

I don't get why the Vatican thinks it's somehow superior and tries to make itself the only way to God.

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

These verses may prove to you that Peter started the church in Rome but, to me and many more of the Christian faith, it simply means that " thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. I believe that with all my heart. Does it really matter if I'm Catholic or not?
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#548274 Jul 9, 2014
Matthew 16 : 13 When Jesus...............

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#548275 Jul 9, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read some of it and know what June can be like. She doesn't deserve to be told to do the world a favor and get a lobotomy. Do you know what a lobotomy does to a person? It's a horrible thing to say to someone. If she's upset by June, then she should ignore her, as the rest of us do.
I thought we were supposed to pray for those who curse us and not trade insult for insult? As you usually say, it isn't appropriate on a Christian forum, or is it suddenly okay with you now? Besides, Cuck will be offended by her cussing.
Orthodox and Catholic teaching strongly recommend praying for the souls of the deceased. It is a great work of mercy and it wouldn't even be considered not to pray for our departed loved ones.
http://www.transchurch.org/prayers.html#dead
So mind your business and stop looking for a fight. My "buddies" notwithstanding....lol.
YES,we,are,to forgive...I'm sure,all your posts,are,charitable ...

She got angry ..big deal ..everyone,on this,board, including your friends,was,kind,of put out if not shaken by treatment.TO HER...so soon and about NICK....Sera came on after being off for a while for some company .....
NOT VERBAL ABUSE,...and I really doubt she meant it literally..was,it nice no..understandable yes...so yes,cut her some slack in fighting back ..

I also got angry at the,poster making fun of Nicks,health problems, and
Others using PERSINAL things,for attack....on others..

We know,you do NOT LIKE SERA, that's,between you both...and sad...

, you were not here .for DAYS, as this,went on ......but then jump in with criticism ..or I would have stayed quiet ...to you ....but she is,my friend....and you bet I'll stick up for her ...

For my part , I don't like to see anyone on her take,abuse...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#548276 Jul 9, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
June says awful things about all believers, I believe Regina point was why read it when you know it's fighting words and totally unfruitful.
And why so stand offish with Regina?
Read,last post....I know,what undecided, but sorry for pre-season she has,been especially cruel

To someone,who is,my friend and in a really bad,place...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Im Free 10,167
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 15 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web