Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690389 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548280 Jul 9, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
The church WAS ENABLED WITH POWER ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST ..
JESUS SAID TO HIS CHURCH...
.Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
No way!!!!

Mt 13:1 ¶ The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.

2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath..

Location hidden

#548281 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
.Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Hog wash...

Acts 1:8 speaks not about any church...none..

He is saying they shall receive power-and shall teach of Him. This power will come by their preaching and their suffering.

1:9 speaks not about any church...none..

It speaks about them seeing Him ascending into Heaven...period..

I charge not for tutoring senile people...who claim to be pastors!!!!

Location hidden

#548282 Jul 9, 2014
Where are you man called something by God???

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>your PROBLEM is this.
your list is inaccurate since your church lists Peter as its first pope,
therefore it makes all of your lists, MOOT!
you can put names down for centuries, that doesn't make them leaders of the Born Again Church that Jesus started,
WHICH IS THE ONLY CHURCH RECOGNIZED IN THE BIBLE.
----------

When was this church started in the Bible?
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#548283 Jul 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If preachers of all religions had any humility whatsoever, they would know that they still have far too much to learn to be bragging that they know the "future."
So true!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548284 Jul 9, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's,a,thought , really to think hard on......
Since there,is,NO TIME for God....ever pray a,loved one DID turn to Him..did listen to the,HOLY Spirit at the hour of death...especially if we,were Not there .....
....I asked my pastor .we agreed ...it is,something to think on as,NOTHING is,impossible with God ...AND HE HAS,NO LIMITATION.....as far as,we,know nothing in the bible forbids this, as we are talking to Our LORD...not the deceased
Just something positive to think and maybe pray about ...
Spot on imo Rosie. God Bless
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#548285 Jul 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Lesson #1
...A professional seed sower wouldn't be so wasteful.
Anybody that thinks the parable of the sower had anything to do with good farming practices is an idiot.
Jesus was speaking to an agrarian people so the absurdity of the sower's practice drew listeners attention to the actual subject of the story.

Do you misinterpret "Fun With Dick and Jane" too?
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#548286 Jul 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I have a concept or an abstract idea that I won't know what happens until it happens.
That leaves the notion that I could possibly KNOW universal truth completely OUT of my abstract idea.
How could I know of a future when I don't even know if one exists?
Don't worry about it.
This is Obama's America, there are plenty of people that are clueless and lost.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#548287 Jul 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Not to be disrepectful, but what purpose does praying for a dead person accomplish for the deceased person, If the person being prayed for was destined to hell? What purpose does praying for a dead person destined to heaven if he has already reached his objective?
.....Christians believe that when we die our souls quickly leave our bodies and start their journey, yet at the funeral home or cemetery people pray directly to the corpse and often talk to it.

I have also done this in the past.
In reality a waste of time but somehow gives comfort.
All mankind is comfortable with imagery, that's why Icons are so important for the ignorant to learn from and the intelligent to enjoy.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#548288 Jul 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been reading "way to many" Protestant "fiction" Church History books that were written in (this) the 21st century!........Why do you think that ANY Catholic Christian, who knows the proven, verifiable and authenticated TRUTH of 2000 years of TRUE Church History and the TRUE interpretation of the bible (from 379AD ---would believe ANY of the anti-Catholic "trash" responses that come from (you personally or from one of your modernistic bible only "hack"
writers who has a Catholic bashing agenda....... Go argue with one of your 42,200 (other) contradicting and conflicting bible only Protestant (self appointed experts?????!!?) who don't agree with you either.......You are waiting mine as well as other Catholics on this forum with your bogus, distorted and twisted anti-Catholic "spin"!'nmm
Christ is the way. the truth and the life. Can your pope give you everlasting life? Does your salvation depend on the Catholic church? Why do you promote the words of the catholic church and not of God and Christ.

Christ gives us salvation, not your church or your pope.

James 1 : 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Really? Are you or your church without spot? Who do you think you are?
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#548289 Jul 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>your PROBLEM is this.
your list is inaccurate since your church lists Peter as its first pope,
therefore it makes all of your lists, MOOT!
you can put names down for centuries, that doesn't make them leaders of the Born Again Church that Jesus started,
WHICH IS THE ONLY CHURCH RECOGNIZED IN THE BIBLE.
Why persist in your delusions and mistruths?
Lying won't get you to heaven no matter what date you claim you were "saved".
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#548290 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
Why do you omit the speech of St.Peter?
Are you afraid to admit Se.Peter was the leader as first Pope?

"During those days Peter stood up in the midst of the brothers
(there was a group of about one hundred and twenty persons in the one place). He said,..."
Acts 1:15

See Acts 2:14...Peter’s Speech at Pentecost.
"Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice, and proclaimed to them,
“You who are Jews, indeed all of you staying in Jerusalem. Let this be known to you, and listen to my words....."
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#548291 Jul 9, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's,a,thought , really to think hard on......
Since there,is,NO TIME for God....ever pray a,loved one DID turn to Him..did listen to the,HOLY Spirit at the hour of death...especially if we,were Not there .....
....I asked my pastor .we agreed ...it is,something to think on as,NOTHING is,impossible with God ...AND HE HAS,NO LIMITATION.....as far as,we,know nothing in the bible forbids this, as we are talking to Our LORD...not the deceased
Just something positive to think and maybe pray about ...
Who says there is "no time for God"? Either you are talking about yourself or you are condemning people blindly. Who are you talking about when you say "Since there,is,NO TIME for God."?

Were supposed to edify each other. I'm not real good at that yet so watch it. Just kidding, kinda.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#548292 Jul 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that it was the first Christian church ... but universal truth is another subject altogether.
Common sense theology would admit that Jesus would never have preached in a Catholic church. He would have stuck like glue to his Jewish Temple (synagogue).
Even the dimmest of all dimwits should know that that makes sense.
You won't see a pope preaching a Protestant religion as universal truth ... and you won't see a Jewish rabbi preaching any other religion but his OWN darling Judaism as universal truth.
I was kind of joking.

All religions are true to their believers.

Some stable somewhere

#548293 Jul 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You're funny :)

Some stable somewhere

#548294 Jul 10, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>really?
It must be. It just has to be.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#548295 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome :)

Location hidden

#548296 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was kind of joking.
All religions are true to their believers.
Yes they are.
June is a character, it's all about Catholics and Protestants with her..
She has tunnel vision and will never see the train that runs her over.

Some stable somewhere

#548297 Jul 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes they are.
June is a character, it's all about Catholics and Protestants with her..
She has tunnel vision and will never see the train that runs her over.
Look how that worked out for Ireland.

Location hidden

#548298 Jul 10, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Look how that worked out for Ireland.
Right.
June is my most favorite atheist, well I have put her on my unfavorited list for now, I have been upset with her..
I love talking with her as I do most people..
Life's to short to worry about so much..
Most people are so busy "preparing" for death, that they forget to live.
I am not one of them :)
Michael

Canada

#548299 Jul 10, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody that thinks the parable of the sower had anything to do with good farming practices is an idiot.
Jesus was speaking to an agrarian people so the absurdity of the sower's practice drew listeners attention to the actual subject of the story.
Do you misinterpret "Fun With Dick and Jane" too?
Poncho.

...I am just funnin' with you. If you couldn't figure that out that makes you the idiot.

...I don't believe any of these stories were told by a man named Jesus.

....You have only a belief, just like every religion claims that their historical stories are factual. You picked one, I pick none.

.......lighten up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Eyes on Christ 10,655
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web