Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590373 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#547874 Jul 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.,..Exactly!!
....Gather up well educated Jewish historians and they will clearly show how christian writers purposely mistranslated Hebrew meanings to fit the agenda of Christianity.
....start with the mistranslation of the meaning of virgin birth.
Oh my!!

I mean, Almah!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#547875 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your lies contain an element of truth???
I suggest that if Jesus lived he never would have strayed from Judaism to promote any other religion as being based on universal truth.
Do you agree with me???
"Ex" means former...as in ex expert liar. Can be stated as: former expert liar...

I don't charge for tutoring on this forum...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#547876 Jul 6, 2014
StarC wrote:
So true Liam.
In the early days....
The apostles broke bread daily...made by the followers.
Jews would not have had Catholic rituals.

The fact that the word "apostle" thrills you ... is only because you believe that Jewish apostles left Judaism for your Catholic religion ... which is very silly indeed.

It's theolo-unlogical flatulence.

Prince George, Canada

#547877 Jul 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid is as stupid does.
Do you honestly believe that had Jesus lived, he would have left his position as a Jewish rabbi to become a follower of Catholicism???

HONESTLY???

Keep in mind ... you are on candid camera, and that that scenario would be somewhat comparable to your pope leaving to join the Protestant religion.

Columbus, OH

#547878 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ex" means former...as in ex expert liar. Can be stated as: former expert liar...
There's no ex about it, fool.

You're still a liar.

Do we have to revisit who and whom?

Prince George, Canada

#547879 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the Japanese had a field day pronouncing the r in Beddru, eh?
I'm sure as long as they believe their savior receives the right message, they won't be too concerned about whether they do or don't pronounce the r.

Prince George, Canada

#547880 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Now maybe you could try answering my question.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
I suggest that if Jesus lived he never would have strayed from Judaism to promote any other religion as being based on universal truth.
Do you agree with me???

Columbus, OH

#547881 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews would not have had Catholic rituals.
The fact that the word "apostle" thrills you ... is only because you believe that Jewish apostles left Judaism for your Catholic religion ... which is very silly indeed.
It's theolo-unlogical flatulence.
Nonsense.

They had Beano in the first century.

It says so right on the label.

I mean, I heard it say so right on the label.

-- From a secondary source.

-- Not first hand, of course.

Columbus, OH

#547882 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure as long as they believe their savior receives the right message, they won't be too concerned about whether they do or don't pronounce the r.
And I'm sure you don't have a quality source for a god whose name the intended audience could not pronounce.

Prince George, Canada

#547883 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying is not based on Scripture or you failed to include it...this correct teaching is supported by Scripture:
If you are USING the KJV bible, how do you know what scriptures are all about in the Catholic bible???

Only Martin Luther was brave enough to use the lie-filled Catholic bible for both of his religions.

The Protestants pray that their KJV that was based on the Catholic bible managed to filter out all of the evil.

Stupid heaven hogs.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#547884 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure you don't have a quality source for a god whose name the intended audience could not pronounce.
Being raised by a Christian mother and a father who believed in reincarnation and both believed in the plain old word God, I never had any fancy titles for a god.

Had I been raised as s polytheistic Hebrew, I would have had a surplus of titles for my gods.

I was short-"changed."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#547885 Jul 6, 2014
Just read a great thought.

Jesus,Taught such a,simple salvation..

For God sent His,only begotten Son, that He who believes,has eternal life..

So simple a child understands....

Man has,made salvation utterly complex, with theology , ritual, exclusionary practices,..it defies the simple teachings,of Our Lord.

Shame,on us

..we forget Jesus,was,preaching, not to the authoritarians, priests,Pharisees,of His,day

but to the masses.who followed Him..who heard,Him tell of heaven and of the Father....

He,did not teach confusion, technicalities, or anything like it.

Prince George, Canada

#547886 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
They had Beano in the first century.
It says so right on the label.
I mean, I heard it say so right on the label.
-- From a secondary source.
-- Not first hand, of course.
That was not Beano ... that was BE NO Jew!

Columbus, OH

#547887 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Being raised by a Christian mother and a father who believed in reincarnation and both believed in the plain old word God, I never had any fancy titles for a god.
Had I been raised as s polytheistic Hebrew, I would have had a surplus of titles for my gods.
I was short-"changed."
Naw.

Just duped by a hack writer.

Columbus, OH

#547888 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not Beano ... that was BE NO Jew!
**Poot**

What?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#547889 Jul 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Just read a great thought.
Jesus,Taught such a,simple salvation..
For God sent His,only begotten Son, that He who believes,has eternal life..
So simple a child understands....
Man has,made salvation utterly complex, with theology , ritual, exclusionary practices,..it defies the simple teachings,of Our Lord.
Shame,on us
..we forget Jesus,was,preaching, not to the authoritarians, priests,Pharisees,of His,day
but to the masses.who followed Him..who heard,Him tell of heaven and of the Father....
He,did not teach confusion, technicalities, or anything like it.
Um, not really. Judaism is filled with "theology, ritual, and practices", and as a practicing Jew, Christ participated in all of it.

"Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus — The Smackdown"

I can’t help but think, in the midst of all this, that this hating-religion-loving-Jesus thing is the logical consequence of Protestantism. For a 21st-century Protestant looking at a thousand-something churches, I imagine there is an immense temptation to say “It’s all a wash. I will follow Christ, not a religion,” and be done with it.

So onto the first bit of silliness — the idea that Jesus came to abolish religion. Unforgivable. He literally said the opposite:“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” What were the Law and the Prophets? Judaism. What is Judaism? A religion. What did Jesus specifically say he was NOT going to abolish? That’s right. A religion.

This is made apparent not only in the words, but in the actions of Jesus Christ. Whether you believe in the sacraments or not, there is no doubt that Christ established ritual. It’s one thing to ignore Christ’s statement to “eat my body.” It’s another to ignore his command to “do this in memory of me.” Christ commanded that we have ritual. The early church followed this ritual, they obeyed his command to “do this in memory of me.”

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2012...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#547890 Jul 6, 2014
Does the mere Christ-follower-religion-hater obey Christ’s command to eat his body and drink his blood, and to do it in memory of Him? I do not mean ask whether they believe in the True Presence of Christ in the bread and wine, I simply mean to ask whether they follow the ritual Christ established at all? If not, it would seem that to be a Christ-follower is to ignore the commands Christ bids you follow. And there’s more of this Christ guy being ridiculously religious.

He established a priesthood in the Apostles. If that word freaks you out, I’ll rephrase: He gave certain men very distinct roles.

Christ gave them the power to forgive sins:”If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.”(John 20:23)

He gave men power to make decisions concerning doctrine:”I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”(Matthew 18:18)

He built a Church:“And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”(Matthew 16:18)

He called men to the sacrament of Baptism. These are not things available to the mere Christ-follower, unless he truly believes that whatever he binds on earth will be bound in heaven, and all the rest. So knowing that Christ so clearly established a Church, with rituals, with priests, and with sacraments, our man’s statement “What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion?” can only be answered with,“What if He told you you were wrong?”

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#547891 Jul 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="ReginaM."]Does the mere Christ-follower-religion-hater obey Christ’s command to eat his body and drink his blood, and to do it in memory of Him? I do not mean ask whether they believe in the True Presence of Christ in the bread and wine, I simply mean to ask whether they follow the ritual Christ established at all? If not, it would seem that to be a Christ-follower is to ignore the commands Christ bids you follow. And there’s more of this Christ guy being ridiculously religious.
He established a priesthood in the Apostles. If that word freaks you out, I’ll rephrase: He gave certain men very distinct roles.
Christ gave them the power to forgive sins:”If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.”(John 20:23)
He gave men power to make decisions concerning doctrine:”I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”(Matthew 18:18)
He built a Church:“And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”(Matthew 16:18)
He called men to the sacrament of Baptism. These are not things available to the mere Christ-follower, unless he truly believes that whatever he binds on earth will be bound in heaven, and all the rest. So knowing that Christ so clearly established a Church, with rituals, with priests, and with sacraments, our man’s statement “What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion?” can only be answered with,“What if He told you you were wrong?”
[/QUOTE]

.....ReginaM.

.....My..My!......Your on quite a tear tonight. 2 posts in a row!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#547892 Jul 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
Does the mere Christ-follower-religion-hater obey Christ’s command to eat his body and drink his blood, and to do it in memory of Him? I do not mean ask whether they believe in the True Presence of Christ in the bread and wine, I simply mean to ask whether they follow the ritual Christ established at all? If not, it would seem that to be a Christ-follower is to ignore the commands Christ bids you follow. And there’s more of this Christ guy being ridiculously religious.
What a great article.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#547893 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
By saying Incorrect, you're Implying that you are correct, that makes you Incorrect.
The video I posted was a Joke, nothing bad about HFY,
I like her as well and was meaning no disrespect to her.
You can take your smart as$ high fluten opinion of yourself and shove it up your as% dude!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 1 hr Imprtnrd 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Gee Tee 9,399
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web