Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687275 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548239 Jul 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics did not receive information from a god or from a savior. They STOLE literature from the Jews and twisted it to suit their own agendas. They stole the word Ihcuc from the Greeks and morphed it into the word Jesus.
And your Puritan Protestants and the goofy King James the first took the Catholic lies and twisted them even more to plagiarize what was at one time lies written by the Jews and other liars that claimed to know universal truth.
Wake up ... or keep on spreading your lies that gives you emotional HIGHS. It's your life to live as you see FIT.
If you have a source that refutes this truth...let me see it..

Note: received by the universal Church as inspired...
And we all know Catholics claim this "universal church" to be the RCC denomination..so, they received....not compiled...

Location hidden

#548240 Jul 9, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take orders from lying thieves, thief.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#548241 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Church in Smyrna was a Catholic Church. One of their famous fathers was Polycarp, who was a disciple of John, and was instructed by him in the faith. Polycarp's disciple in Smyrna, was Turtullian, who wrote this to heretics like you around 200 AD:"
You are calling Christ a liar. His words: And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
He did not say: And unto the angel of the Catholic Church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
The KJV Bible.....
Unroll your catalog, Ox. Reveal to us your lineage of Bishops dating back to the Apostles. You should have at least one in every generation. Catholics and Orthodox can demonstrate this, how come none of you can?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#548242 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a source that refutes this truth...let me see it..
Note: received by the universal Church as inspired...
And we all know Catholics claim this "universal church" to be the RCC denomination..so, they received....not compiled...
Catholics are the ones that brag they received universal truth from a God, so the onus is on them to prove that their claims are true. There is no proof of such a venture.

The Jews also could not prove that a God chose them as HIS favorite few.

Now the Wiccans claim that the goddess loves everybody, when the truth is, the father of Wicca Gerald Gardner first claimed that the goddess cursed homosexuals.

Babbling Nitwits ... one and all ... and that includes you.

You can't stop thumping your KJV bible long enough to use some common sense to in turn realize that theology is all based on simple-minded philosophy.

Not one bit of difference.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548243 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Unroll your catalog, Ox. Reveal to us your lineage of Bishops dating back to the Apostles. You should have at least one in every generation. Catholics and Orthodox can demonstrate this, how come none of you can?
Lineage of Catholic bishops ... back to Judaism's apostles.

How funny!

Jews would no more promote a Catholic religion, than Catholics would promote a Protestant religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548244 Jul 9, 2014
I could also claim that a god inspired me to write that my brand new religion is based on universal truth ... but it's been done so many times before that my claims would probably not move anybody to follow me.

Maybe overload of repetitious nonsense, will be what eventually makes devotees want to leave their personalized religions.

Location hidden

#548245 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does speak of bishops..but it does not identify them as Catholic nor catholic...be glad to see your demonstration if it is based on quoted Scripture...

Location hidden

#548246 Jul 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are the ones that brag they received universal truth from a God, so the onus is on them to prove that their claims are true. There is no proof of such a venture.
The Jews also could not prove that a God chose them as HIS favorite few.
Now the Wiccans claim that the goddess loves everybody, when the truth is, the father of Wicca Gerald Gardner first claimed that the goddess cursed homosexuals.
Babbling Nitwits ... one and all ... and that includes you.
You can't stop thumping your KJV bible long enough to use some common sense to in turn realize that theology is all based on simple-minded philosophy.
Not one bit of difference.
You are not taking your CRS pills...again...
hojo

Waconia, MN

#548247 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The "what" I believe is truth....which you deny..example: You say: Quite frankly Ox, I couldn't care less as to WHAT you chose to believe......You bible only's have been (desperately) "spinning the truth" since the Reformation., playing "word games" with the Bible and mis-interpreting and twisting Sacred Scripture for over 450 years attempting to "hoodwink" people into believing ( one of your 42,200+(contradicting and inconsistent Bible only "man-invented" denominations!
The truth:
1 Christian denominational families
2 Largest denominations in the world
2.1 Catholicism - 1.2 billion
2.2 Protestantism - 800 million
2.3 Eastern Orthodoxy - 225300 million
2.4 Oriental Orthodoxy - 86 million
2.5 Anglicanism - 85 million
2.6 Restorationism and Non-Trinitarianism - 41 million
2.7 Church of the East - 0.6 million
See: 2 Largest denominations in the world
2.1 Catholicism - 1.2 billion
Your denomination is the product of the Emperor in 313...its base was and still is, paganism..
Catholics equate their man-made traditions equal to the Bible...they can change traditions as needed, they ignore the Word of God as needed, they misquote it as needed to "support" false teachings...etc etc
You say: HIS historical and biblical Proven Apostolic Catholic Church that Our Lord gave us over 2000 years ago!.....
You are saying Christ built a church....that is in the singular...meaning one church...then whom built these churches...that is in the plural...meaning more than one...
Ac 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
Ac 15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.
Ac 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Ac 19:37 For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.
Ro 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
Ro 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
1Co 7:17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
You've been reading "way to many" Protestant "fiction" Church History books that were written in (this) the 21st century!........Why do you think that ANY Catholic Christian, who knows the proven, verifiable and authenticated TRUTH of 2000 years of TRUE Church History and the TRUE interpretation of the bible (from 379AD ---would believe ANY of the anti-Catholic "trash" responses that come from (you personally or from one of your modernistic bible only "hack"
writers who has a Catholic bashing agenda....... Go argue with one of your 42,200 (other) contradicting and conflicting bible only Protestant (self appointed experts?????!!?) who don't agree with you either.......You are waiting mine as well as other Catholics on this forum with your bogus, distorted and twisted anti-Catholic "spin"!'nmm
Liam

Detroit, MI

#548248 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does speak of bishops..but it does not identify them as Catholic nor catholic...be glad to see your demonstration if it is based on quoted Scripture...
I'm not talking about the Sacred Scriptures. Where's the documents of people who shared your faith between 90 ad and now. As Tertullian said: "publish the origins of your church...unroll your catalog."
Smyrna has the Apostle John and Polycarp. Rome has Peter, Paul, Linus and Clement.
Antioch has Peter, then Ignatius.
Wheres yours?

Location hidden

#548249 Jul 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been reading "way to many" Protestant "fiction" Church History books that were written in (this) the 21st century!........Why do you think that ANY Catholic Christian, who knows the proven, verifiable and authenticated TRUTH of 2000 years of TRUE Church History and the TRUE interpretation of the bible (from 379AD ---would believe ANY of the anti-Catholic "trash" responses that come from (you personally or from one of your modernistic bible only "hack"
writers who has a Catholic bashing agenda....... Go argue with one of your 42,200 (other) contradicting and conflicting bible only Protestant (self appointed experts?????!!?) who don't agree with you either.......You are waiting mine as well as other Catholics on this forum with your bogus, distorted and twisted anti-Catholic "spin"!'nmm
Catholics equate their man-made traditions equal to the Bible...they can change traditions as needed, they ignore the Word of God as needed, they misquote it as needed to "support" false teachings...etc etc

Tojo:..prove me wrong in the above,,,

Scripture is not "Protestant fiction"

You say: HIS historical and biblical Proven Apostolic Catholic Church that Our Lord gave us over 2000 years ago!.....

You are saying Christ built a church....that is in the singular...meaning one church...then whom built these churches...that is in the plural...meaning more than one...
Ac 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
Ac 15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.
Ac 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Ac 19:37 For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.
Ro 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
Ro 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
1Co 7:17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

Location hidden

#548250 Jul 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about the Sacred Scriptures. Where's the documents of people who shared your faith between 90 ad and now. As Tertullian said: "publish the origins of your church...unroll your catalog."
Smyrna has the Apostle John and Polycarp. Rome has Peter, Paul, Linus and Clement.
Antioch has Peter, then Ignatius.
Wheres yours?
You evidently don't read well nor understand what you do read.....

Location hidden

#548251 Jul 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a "Protestant fiction"..

List of Christian denominations by number of members ...
en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Christian_denomi... ...
Wikipedia
Jump to Largest denominations in the world - A map of Catholicism by population percentage.... largest major group of Christians after Catholicism by ...
&#8206;Christian denominational families - &#8206;Largest denominations in the world

Location hidden

#548252 Jul 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is also not "Protestant fiction"

Largest Christian denomination - Guinness World Records
www.guinnessworldrecords.com/.../largest-chri... ...
Guinness World Records
The world's largest Christian denomination is the Roman Catholic Church, which in 2011 had approximately 1.1 billion members. Records change on a daily
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548253 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics equate their man-made traditions equal to the Bible...
The Bible's man made, goofy.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548254 Jul 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is....
Well, there's your fist mistake, silly.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548255 Jul 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All theologians plagiarized other theologian's works of lies. So yours is not exempt ... even though you won't fess up on the forum to which religious cultism is "your" favorite.
Except I have no theologians.

Pretend much, dopey?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#548256 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The "what" I believe is truth....
You have no truth, thief.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#548257 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You evidently don't read well nor understand what you do read.....
Lol. That's what I figured.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548258 Jul 9, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I have no theologians.
You believe that you ARE a top-notch theologian. You perceive that you are a HOLY leader of the pack that KNOWS the one and only universal truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web