Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703574 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548161 Jul 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Although the word "Catholic" correctly identifies the title of the Church, its really just an adjective, describing the Church. The Church is Universal (Catholic).. Antioch, Corinth, Ephesus, Rome, Alexandria..... understand? Universal faith. Uni=One.
Then why did not Christ refer to the seven churches in Rev as "catholic"?

When referring to the Catholic Church or to a person who practices Catholicism, the word is always capitalized. However, when the word is used as an adjective meaning 'universal' it is not capitalized.

Catholic Church:(Roman Catholic Church) short for Roman Catholic Church

And:
LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy — Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says Orthodox churches were defective and that other Christian denominations were not true churches.

Note the words: Roman Catholic Church....it do not read Roman catholic Church
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#548162 Jul 8, 2014
This week’s Supreme Court’s verdict in the Hobby Lobby case comes as good news for religious liberty. However, we must keep praying. Though the five-to-four decision is a positive sign, religiously affiliated non-profit groups are not safely out of the legal woods yet. Many people of goodwill support Catholic institutions in their conscientious refusal to facilitate things they consider gravely immoral, but I wonder how many observers understand why Catholics have any objection to contraception and sterilization to begin with?

People fail to realize that contraception is not something new. For thousands of years, people have used various barriers, chemicals, and techniques to prevent the marital embrace from being fruitful.

AND MOST HAVE NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE 1930 ALL PROTESTANT DENOMINATIONS AGREED WITH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH'S TEACHING IN CONDEMNING CONTRACEPTION AS SINFUL.

Most people have not realized what could be wrong with putting asunder what God has joined in the marital act; separating love-making from an openness to life. And though few recognize the harmful impact that contraception has on families and society, its consequences were not entirely unforeseen.

In 1968, in the midst of a sexual revolution made possible by the birth control pill, some believed the Catholic Church would “update” its consistent teaching on contraception. Instead, Pope Paul VI shocked the world with orthodoxy. His encyclical, Humanae Vitae or “Of Human Life,” was one of the most controversial documents of the twentieth century, yet the pope’s four predictions of what would happen if contraceptives gained widespread use have proven true:

A general lowering of moral standards throughout society.
A rise in infidelity.
A lessening of respect for women by men.
The coercive use of reproductive technologies by governments.

What is more, a contraceptive mentality has so pervaded our culture that healthy fertility is treated like a disease and conceived children are treated like a cancer. Because of procured abortion, in any room of people under 40 years old, there is on average one person missing for every three people you see. This is the fruit of a contraceptive mentality.
http://parishableitems.wordpress.com/2014/07/...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#548163 Jul 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When referring to the Catholic Church or to a person who practices Catholicism, the word is always capitalized. However, when the word is used as an adjective meaning 'universal' it is not capitalized.
And:
LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy — Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says Orthodox churches were defective and that other Christian denominations were not true churches.
Why would Christ need to announce that those Churches were Universal? There weren't Presbyterians, Pentecostals, SBC's yet. You all were 1700 yrs away. There was only one Church, gathered in different diocese. No different than now bro.
One faith, one flold, Uni, Universal, Catholic.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#548164 Jul 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! I have made my choice. I have told you that 89 times now. Protestant posters have also told you dozens of times that they are very comfortable in their belief,
If You Michael are so comfortable with your unbeliefs and Protestants are so comfortable with their bible only beliefs----then why do ALL of you persist in staying on this forum---other than to rip and attack Jesus Christ and his One a True Apostolic Catholic Church..........The truth is that I"every one of you" are (most obviously) uncomfortable and insecure with your OWN anti-catholic beliefs.----and that is "exactly why" it is a MUST for you "deniers of the historical and biblical TRUTH of the TRUE a Universal (Catholic) Church initiated by Jesus Christ to "desperately" hold on to your rebellious and defiant Prodigal son hostility against the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church.....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#548165 Jul 8, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What a horrible thing to say! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Why don't you just ignore her if she upsets you so much instead of lashing out so violently.
Have you considered grief counseling? It can be very helpful.
Yes,Sera,is being angry.....with cause..
Regina, you have not read the,awful things,said to her...so why not stay out of it...it's,been nasty and,no call for it ...AT ALL ..

June,is,angry we,all believe Nick is,in heaven and has been vocal about it. Even your buddies,didn't like it...

Try reading before,posting ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#548166 Jul 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
She came to GLOAT that she and her husband will be in Greek Orthodox heaven, while I will be in eternal hell ... and she won't leave the subject alone. She comes back every so often to take it up again.
This a forum ... not a Greek Orthodox church, and I have a right to defend my own opinions.
If you think I am being insensitive you are correct. But she continues to insult me with her notions that I am an evil WITCH, while SHE and Nick are saved and HOLY.
You don't seem to GET that part of the equation.
no she did not .......

We,were,all talking about NICK...and heaven..you started insulting her and her husband...until then NO ONE MENTIONED YOU at all., in the conversatiin..
You then maybe felt the need to attack, but Nick and his,soul had nothing to with the stare,of your own June.

You yourself need to knock on the door ....no one here,can do it for you ...Jesus,tells,us,to knock and it will be open...again NICK OR SERA, have nothing to do with it ....just you ...

One,person going to heaven has,NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYINE OR ANYTHJNG ELSE,RELATED TO ANYONE ELSE'S,SOUL....

It's,one person's,relationship to the,Lord,,,period.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#548167 Jul 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And:
Btw, ox. I am not really posting to you seriously. I know what you do....you play word games. You try and set everyone up for personal amusement. Truth is the furthest thing from your mind. In any event. I posted a reply, fully aware it wouldnt do diddly squat to your ignorant brain.
Now why did the Church grow into a Capital "C" Catholic Church?? Because the Church went from 12 members to 1,000, to a million to a billion today, in diocese and parishes throughout the world..... The Western world typically belongs in the Latin rite in the dioces of Rome. Hence, "Roman Catholic". Thats what I'm identified as. If you live in Lebanon, you might be a Maronite Catholic, practicing the Syriac rite.
Hope that helps. Yeah right. Im joking... you're on your third marriage. These kinds of truths go in one ear and out the other .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#548168 Jul 8, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I am here to say that Nicks passing was a positive thing and his faith in orthodoxy comforted him in his finale days. It was his love for God and his faith that also comforted me....I do hope that you and all Christian here see this as a plus not a negative. I am comforted by the knowledge of his faith. Yes I miss his physical being but I rejoice in his reward. God Bless honestly to you ...I know that you understand what I am trying to say.
God bless you for that.

In the short time I knew him...he was a positive, funny and most knowledgeable Christian, going the extra Mike to help answer questions..I did internalize for a,long time just how much effort that took for him , bless his heart .

I picture him dancing in heaven. With Our dear Lord., and asking many questions,....

Wonder if there is,a,huge library with all the knowledge of the ages, and imagine him talking to folks,he admired .....no interests,or indignities...

...AMAZING GRACE INDEED
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#548169 Jul 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, you have not read the,awful things,said to her...so why not stay out of it...it's,been nasty and,no call for it ...AT ALL ..
June,is,angry we,all believe Nick is,in heaven and has been vocal about it. Even your buddies,didn't like it...
I've read some of it and know what June can be like. She doesn't deserve to be told to do the world a favor and get a lobotomy. Do you know what a lobotomy does to a person? It's a horrible thing to say to someone. If she's upset by June, then she should ignore her, as the rest of us do.

I thought we were supposed to pray for those who curse us and not trade insult for insult? As you usually say, it isn't appropriate on a Christian forum, or is it suddenly okay with you now? Besides, Cuck will be offended by her cussing.

Orthodox and Catholic teaching strongly recommend praying for the souls of the deceased. It is a great work of mercy and it wouldn't even be considered not to pray for our departed loved ones.
http://www.transchurch.org/prayers.html#dead

So mind your business and stop looking for a fight. My "buddies" notwithstanding....lol.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548170 Jul 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June says awful things about all believers, I believe Regina point was why read it when you know it's fighting words and totally unfruitful.

And why so stand offish with Regina?

Location hidden

#548171 Jul 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Christ need to announce that those Churches were Universal? There weren't Presbyterians, Pentecostals, SBC's yet. You all were 1700 yrs away. There was only one Church, gathered in different diocese. No different than now bro.
One faith, one flold, Uni, Universal, Catholic.
If those Churches, to use your word, were universal, He would have referred to them as: "And unto the angel of the universal church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

And would have referred to all of them as such...the universal church...which He did not...because they were not....the spin you are using is what your "church fodders""
taught you..pure hog wash...

You are a member of the largest denomination in the USA...Christ did not build any denomination...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548172 Jul 8, 2014
I pray one prayer for those about to die and even pray it after they have died when I didn't here about it right away, still, once they die their fate is sealed.

To pray TO the dead is sinful risky bidding and Crazy!

Location hidden

#548173 Jul 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, ox. I am not really posting to you seriously. I know what you do....you play word games. You try and set everyone up for personal amusement. Truth is the furthest thing from your mind. In any event. I posted a reply, fully aware it wouldnt do diddly squat to your ignorant brain.
Now why did the Church grow into a Capital "C" Catholic Church?? Because the Church went from 12 members to 1,000, to a million to a billion today, in diocese and parishes throughout the world..... The Western world typically belongs in the Latin rite in the dioces of Rome. Hence, "Roman Catholic". Thats what I'm identified as. If you live in Lebanon, you might be a Maronite Catholic, practicing the Syriac rite.
Hope that helps. Yeah right. Im joking... you're on your third marriage. These kinds of truths go in one ear and out the other .
You cannot refute the truth from Scripture:

Christ did not refer to any the seven churches in Rev as " Catholic" "catholic" nor "universal"..because they were not....

And:

You are calling your pope a liar...he approved the teaching in the NABre that "church" in Mt 16:18 means any...yes...any...Christian congregation is a part of His church.... He made no mention that "church" in that verse means "Church, universal, Catholic, catholic,RCC"...hang in there...ah love it...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548174 Jul 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you for that.
In the short time I knew him...he was a positive, funny and most knowledgeable Christian, going the extra Mike to help answer questions..I did internalize for a,long time just how much effort that took for him , bless his heart .
I picture him dancing in heaven. With Our dear Lord., and asking many questions,....
Wonder if there is,a,huge library with all the knowledge of the ages, and imagine him talking to folks,he admired .....no interests,or indignities...
...AMAZING GRACE INDEED
I thought about that too how much effort it took him for his well thought out replys and I miss him.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#548175 Jul 8, 2014
He thought I didn't read them but I did.

Location hidden

#548176 Jul 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If You Michael are so comfortable with your unbeliefs and Protestants are so comfortable with their bible only beliefs----then why do ALL of you persist in staying on this forum---other than to rip and attack Jesus Christ and his One a True Apostolic Catholic Church..........The truth is that I"every one of you" are (most obviously) uncomfortable and insecure with your OWN anti-catholic beliefs.----and that is "exactly why" it is a MUST for you "deniers of the historical and biblical TRUTH of the TRUE a Universal (Catholic) Church initiated by Jesus Christ to "desperately" hold on to your rebellious and defiant Prodigal son hostility against the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church.....
Since you insist that in Mt 16:18 Christ built the RCC, and that Peter was the first pope, why does Rev 2:17 reads as follows: He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it?

Why does it not instead read as follows: He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the Catholic church; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

You bad-mouth me every time I show you the truth...the church in Mt 16:18 is not the RCC...why don't you bad-mouth Christ for clearly giving all the same message...there were no Catholic churches referred to any place in all of the Bible...none...

And:
Neither did He refer to any of the seven churches in Rev as "Catholic"..which says exactly what I have been saying...they were not there!!! Why don't you bad-mouth Him for giving you the same message I have been giving you..for which you bad-mouth me...
truth

Westminster, Australia

#548177 Jul 8, 2014
cross INRI
cmock
bog te smeja=its revil face from white cocun
thats your revelation
saint propetog=holy cross of petkovic
saint propetog isusa=holy cross
in name of holy cross its going rev. face from white cocoon

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#548178 Jul 8, 2014
Yup. It's true. The Catholic church is the one true church.

No doubt about it.
truth

Westminster, Australia

#548179 Jul 8, 2014
power of cross
hojo

Waconia, MN

#548180 Jul 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You bad-mouth me every time I show you the truth...the church in Mt 16:18 is not the RCC...why don't you bad-mouth Christ for clearly giving all the same message...there were no Catholic churches referred to any place in all of the Bible...none...
And:
Neither did He refer to any of the seven churches in Rev as "Catholic"..which says exactly what I have been saying...they were not there!!! Why don't you bad-mouth Him for giving you the same message I have been giving you..for which you bad-mouth me...
Quite frankly Ox, I couldn't care less as to WHAT you chose to believe......You bible only's have been (desperately) "spinning the truth" since the Reformation., playing "word games" with the Bible and mis-interpreting and twisting Sacred Scripture for over 450 years attempting to "hoodwink" people into believing ( one of your 42,200+(contradicting and inconsistent Bible only "man-invented" denominations!.........The fact is that we as Catholics ALL know what and where the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ,(is , has, and will ALWAYS be, and that is in Jesus Christ HIMSELF and in and through HIS historical and biblical Proven Apostolic Catholic Church that Our Lord gave us over 2000 years ago!.....I lived and was raised in this bible only " half-truth" hodge-podge of Protestantism for over 35 years in which each persons (personal opinion) is the "final authority"-----until God Our Father, through His Son Jesus and by the guidance of the Holy Spirit,----led me to the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ in The Fullness of the Faith, in and through His Apostolic Universal Catholic Church.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1