Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687233 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#548097 Jul 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I am where God has planted me....
So you might t as well get used to it.
I have given you the word of God...which you will be judged by when you stand before Him...
JESUS SAID
Joh_12:48 He that rejecteth me,
and receiveth not my words,
hath one that judgeth him:
(NOTE
THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN , THE SAME SHALL JUDGE YOU IN THE LAST DAY
In the last day....WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD..
YOU WILL BE JUDGED BY THE "SOLA SCRIPTURA OF JESUS CHRIST"...
Your books.... your paraphernalia/inventions and rituals that you have attempted to add will be destroyed with the rest of the fictions fables
THIS IS WHAT THE APOSTLE PETER (YOUR ALLEGED FIRST POPE ) WROTE...
2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night;
in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements
shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
praying for your wife for a full recovery. Please tell her hello for me...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#548098 Jul 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning.
No sermon this time???
:)
No! I am still upset with you!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#548099 Jul 8, 2014
Protestants came to America to escape Catholic persecution and to start a "reformed" religion, as they busied their selves preaching sermons that the Catholic religion was based on EVIL.

Then the crazed Protestants in their fractured denominations went about killing "each other" as "heretics."

The devotees in all religions needed two hands. One for the bible and the other for a weapon to kill their "evil" neighbors.

But somewhere in their muddled brains ... they were certain that their activities were based on universal love.

Accolades go to the non-human animals that history proves are the wise ones.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#548100 Jul 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, you are frustrated that burning "heretics" is no longer allowed in America.
It spoiled a whole lot of exciting entertainment for the HOLY Christians when the law-makers passed THAT law in government.
Your not a "heretic" your mentally ill...You allow what has happened in your life to spill out in HATRED for those on this forum who find love and comfort in the faith. You have proven this in your posts to me and to others in their loss. You try to bring them into your misery and darkness. It wont happen...you waste your time and your soul. I really feel sorry for you.
Michael

Canada

#548101 Jul 8, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The good Lord sow and plants widely amongst people.
BUT...What have you done about it?
"A sower went out to sow.
And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path,
and birds came and ate it up.
Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil.
It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep,
and when the sun rose it was scorched,
and it withered for lack of roots.
Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it...."
.....Lesson #1
...A professional seed sower wouldn't be so wasteful.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548102 Jul 8, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Why is it that you have a problem with people finding comfort in their faith especially a dying man?...
Because the dying man and his wife believe that they will share heaven ... while others are doomed to share Greek Orthodox hell.

You aren't on this forum to share LOVE. You are here to preach at others a warning that if they don't adhere to your personalized religion ... hell will be their eternal fate.

You are certain that you are WISE ... but I see you as an arrogant FOOL!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#548103 Jul 8, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Do the world a great favor and get a lobotomy and shut the F UP !!!! WITCH.....
What a horrible thing to say! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Why don't you just ignore her if she upsets you so much instead of lashing out so violently.

Have you considered grief counseling? It can be very helpful.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548104 Jul 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> No! I am still upset with you!
Never mind ... you are not IN a religion, so you don't believe in hell for me or others ... RIGHT???

After all ... if you travel with Jesus' HOLY spirit, both of you would never think ILL of others, so you would never reject any souls to "spiritual" hell ... RIGHT???

By the way, where is the equivalent of Christian heaven, which in your case would be "spiritual heaven" located.

You never did explain.

Michael

Canada

#548105 Jul 8, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Why is it that you have a problem with people finding comfort in their faith especially a dying man? Your problem is much deeper than your non belief in God and you are in the wrong place for treatment.You will never be able to draw any Christian on this forum into the hatred that you show here Misery loves company but your in the wrong forum...
...I am not defending anyone but we should all keep private and personal matters to ourselves.

....You know on this forum many posters bait others waiting/hoping for a response, and no one of any belief or non belief have changed their positions.
after 550,000 posts.

...Most of us have expressed our sympathies to you about your loss. Its time to move on.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548106 Jul 8, 2014
I have a concept or an abstract idea that I won't know what happens until it happens.

That leaves the notion that I could possibly KNOW universal truth completely OUT of my abstract idea.

How could I know of a future when I don't even know if one exists?
Michael

Canada

#548107 Jul 8, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Your not a "heretic" your mentally ill...You allow what has happened in your life to spill out in HATRED for those on this forum who find love and comfort in the faith. You have proven this in your posts to me and to others in their loss. You try to bring them into your misery and darkness. It wont happen...you waste your time and your soul. I really feel sorry for you.
.... If you don't like her responses than stop posting back to her with insults trying to up the anti.....Move on!
Michael

Canada

#548108 Jul 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the dying man and his wife believe that they will share heaven ... while others are doomed to share Greek Orthodox hell.
You aren't on this forum to share LOVE. You are here to preach at others a warning that if they don't adhere to your personalized religion ... hell will be their eternal fate.
You are certain that you are WISE ... but I see you as an arrogant FOOL!
....Personal attacks towards someone grieving have no place on this forum, or anywhere. Enough already.
Michael

Canada

#548109 Jul 8, 2014
...Where is Anthony? Is he lurking?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548110 Jul 8, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What a horrible thing to say! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Why don't you just ignore her if she upsets you so much instead of lashing out so violently.
Have you considered grief counseling? It can be very helpful.
Those who believe they are holy because they were purified by Jesus often are too proud to accept that they need counseling by another human.

After all Jesus is supposedly the elite counselor.

According to those in religion, I need counseling because I am evil and they all want to be my counselor. And that includes YOU.

You believe that if you and your bible could counsel me, I would then be WHOLE ... RIGHT???

It ain't gonna happen!!!

I already believe that I am not evil OR holy ... but that I am without any religion whatsoever ... WHOLE.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548111 Jul 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Personal attacks towards someone grieving have no place on this forum, or anywhere. Enough already.
She came to GLOAT that she and her husband will be in Greek Orthodox heaven, while I will be in eternal hell ... and she won't leave the subject alone. She comes back every so often to take it up again.

This a forum ... not a Greek Orthodox church, and I have a right to defend my own opinions.

If you think I am being insensitive you are correct. But she continues to insult me with her notions that I am an evil WITCH, while SHE and Nick are saved and HOLY.

You don't seem to GET that part of the equation.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#548112 Jul 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Most of us have expressed our sympathies to you about your loss. Its time to move on.
As have I. I also suggested that all of us have lost loved-ones and have our own grief of loss, but that we don't go on and on about it on the forum.

Suffering occurs every day and night to humans and all other animals ... period ... so carrying on about our personal losses seems very self-indulgent indeed.

I tend to talk to my closest personal friends about my losses and they share their losses with me, and in that way we have grief counseling.

The forum is not a place to come for sympathy. My suffering is minute compared to so many other humans that are without food, et cetera.

THAT is my point.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#548113 Jul 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who believe they are holy because they were purified by Jesus often are too proud to accept that they need counseling by another human.
After all Jesus is supposedly the elite counselor.
According to those in religion, I need counseling because I am evil and they all want to be my counselor. And that includes YOU.
You believe that if you and your bible could counsel me, I would then be WHOLE ... RIGHT???
It ain't gonna happen!!!
I already believe that I am not evil OR holy ... but that I am without any religion whatsoever ... WHOLE.
June, personally I think you're here just to drive up the stats so Topix can sell more advertising. When this board gets busy, you suddenly disappear, returning only when it slows down to a trickle. Your posts are so obviously over the top, meant to incite angry responses. Most people know better.

I don't wish you any harm, but you're really overdoing it this time. Surely Topix doesn't pay that much. Besides, most of us scroll past the majority of your posts. The few people you manage to attract aren't going to make a significant difference.
Michael

Canada

#548114 Jul 8, 2014
...Why does God change and evolve like we do? It wasn't that long ago Christians with the blessings from God stoned people to death or burned them if they disagreed with church teachings.

....Today christian churches have updated their punishment of non believers. No more heinous punishment, if fact no punishment at all....all with the blessings from God.

....too bad for those that lived a few hundred years ago and suffered the fate of then an all punishing God. Today God is kinder and gentler, not like the God from the past.

.....I wonder how God will evolve in the future? Will there be no rules at all.
Michael

Canada

#548115 Jul 8, 2014
[QUOTE who="ReginaM."]<q uoted text>.....Besides, most of us scroll past the majority of your posts. The few people you manage to attract aren't going to make a significant difference.[/QUOTE]

ReginaM.

.....I don't think so. Sera and Anthony have both responded to or posted to June several times each in the past month. June gets more responses than any other poster and I do believe most read her posts because she says things most of us would never say.

.....Curiosity gets the best of us.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#548116 Jul 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind ... you are not IN a religion, so you don't believe in hell for me or others ... RIGHT???
After all ... if you travel with Jesus' HOLY spirit, both of you would never think ILL of others, so you would never reject any souls to "spiritual" hell ... RIGHT???
By the way, where is the equivalent of Christian heaven, which in your case would be "spiritual heaven" located.
You never did explain.
Only death has the answers to them questions June..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web