Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665486 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#547817 Jul 6, 2014
Men of religion that prayed for peace ... only wanted peace if they could rule the world with their religions.

There should be no question about that issue.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Guide for Living … Pope Pius XII … Selected Addresses and Letters of His Holiness

World Government

Address to members of the Universal Movement for World Federation, April 6, 1951:

The Church desires peace, and hence she applies herself to the promotion of everything which, within the framework of the Divine order, both natural and supernatural, can help to ensure peace.

Your movement gentlemen, aims at bringing into being an effective political world organization. Nothing is more in line with the traditional doctrine of the Church nor more adapted to her teaching regarding just and unjust war, particularly at the present juncture.

The Christian’s will for peace comes from God.

Burns Lake, Canada

#547818 Jul 6, 2014
"I now rule over all people of the world with my religion and that brings me divine peace of mind.

At last I am free of evil people that disagree with me, as I have put all of them to death ... by the will of none other than ... you guessed it ...{{{God.}}}

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#547819 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the wacky theology ... if Jesus had lived and had not renounced Judaism, he would still be faithful TO Judaism. He would not have promoted Christianity ... and YOU would have NO biblical scriptures TO claim as being based on truth ... as there would BE no Christian bible ... period!!!
If you don't GET that concept, I can't do anything to help you.
Hi there my UNfavorited atheist :(
Yes, I know this June..
One of my post yesterday talked about that..It's obvious that you don't take the time to even read my post..
Post chapter and verse please where Jesus renounced Judaism.
Jesus taught about spiritual freedom from bondage, that Included religion.
Jesus would have never been bound by " Christianity" and neither would have any of true followers.
Jesus is the Alpha and Omega he IS the beginning and the end.
He is the vine, we are the branches..
We live because the vine sustains us..
To deny Christ like you, surely will dam your soul June.
I like talking with you, the thing about you is, YOU know the TRUTH, and yet you wanna deny Him..
Chess

Columbus, OH

#547820 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that religion is a mental drug? And from studying the wretched history OF religion, it's plain that the drug drove and drives many people to commit insane behavior.
When you free yourself of your own religion, I might pay attention to you whining about others' religion.

Now go take your meds.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#547821 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Roman Catholic mass, the Eucharist or “host”(the round wafer) is a symbol of the sun. It is normally placed during ceremonial masses on a monstrance with a crescent moon, symbolizing the plunging of the sun into the womb of the goddess. Some monstrances bear the letters “SFS,” which represents 666, as S was the sixth letter in the ancient Greek alphabet and F is the sixth letter in our alphabet.
The round disc in the crescent moon was a symbol of ancient Babylon, and is found in all the ancient religions. In Catholic cathedrals, these symbols are very prominent, often depicting a round form of mother and child within the crescent moon.
The rebirth of the sun god was celebrated by the eating of round bread in Babylonian times, and was common in Mithraism and Osiris worship. Historian Alexander Hislop says this:
You posted this to antagonize us. There is no way you sincerely believe the his garbage. You act as if God can't see you.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#547822 Jul 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted this to antagonize us. There is no way you sincerely believe the his garbage. You act as if God can't see you.
first of all word"us" doesn't apply to you brain sick psychopath with day halucinations that your rcc is god, and you together with priests child molestors and phedofile wrote Bible,

being few days in mental institution,doesn't make your top healthy

rather you are danger for yourselves,own family and Sunday worship devil inside of RCC?
I watch you and your sick rants, and will rebuke your psychopathic activity everyday?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#547823 Jul 6, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
When you free yourself of your own religion, I might pay attention to you whining about others' religion.
Now go take your meds.
great time for idiots like you is to take regularly meds sniff farts of dr Shrink,
instead advising others?
f...you poor miserable joke of own neighborhood,family, and fellow insects around your kitchen and bed

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#547824 Jul 6, 2014
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
great time for idiots like you is to take regularly meds sniff farts of dr Shrink,
instead advising others?
f...you poor miserable joke of own neighborhood,family, and fellow insects around your kitchen and bed
Ever consider remedial English?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#547825 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
As a child I could not be frightened to become a Protestant by threats of hell in a hereafter.
My conscience alerted me that my little Catholic friends did not deserve to burn in hell simply because they had a different religion than mine.
For paying heed to my own conscience, I was then, and am now ... thankful.
It has nothing to do with Protestants nor Catholics...

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#547826 Jul 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever consider remedial English?
I would offer lessons, but I just don't care about his English.

Location hidden

#547827 Jul 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It has "everything" to do with the subject matter.
You write today that Jesus favors your Protestant cult.
The Catholics in the fourth century compiled a book of lies that stated that a savior named Jesus promoted their Catholic church as being based on the one and only universal truth.
People wrote whatever they hoped would put them on the religious center stage ... and then attached the word universal truth to their own literature.
It was and is a nasty habit based on nothing but philosophical gibberish.
I can spot a lie from a mile with one eye closed and the other partially opened..

I never said :Jesus favors my Protestant cult.(cult: A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

Location hidden

#547828 Jul 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No antagonizing meant...but instead, enlightenment from the view point of History:

Historian Alexander Hislop says this:
And here, in a so-called Christian Church, a brilliant plate of silver,“in the form of the SUN,” is so placed on the altar, that everyone who adores at the altar must bow in lowly reverence before that image of the “SUN.” Whence, I ask, could that have come, than from the ancient SUN-worship, or the worship of Baal? And when the wafer is placed so that the silver “SUN” is fronting the “round” wafer, whose "roundness" is so important an element in the Romish Mystery, is only another symbol of Baal, or the sun, what can be the meaning of it, but to show to those who have eyes to see that the “Wafer” itself is only another symbol of Baal.

Location hidden

#547829 Jul 6, 2014
Clay and his ilk..

Pope John Paul wrote in 1998 that mass also includes an element of Mary veneration, which, as we have seen, is also a pagan practice:

Significantly, the Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches that "the Sunday celebration of the Lord's Day and his Eucharist is at the heart of the Church's life"…

As they listen to the word proclaimed in the Sunday assembly, the faithful look to the Virgin Mary, learning from her to keep it and ponder it in their hearts (cf. Lk 2:19).

With Mary, they learn to stand at the foot of the Cross, offering to the Father the sacrifice of Christ and joining to it the offering of their own lives.

With Mary, they experience the joy of the Resurrection, making their own the words of the Magnificat which extol the inexhaustible gift of divine mercy in the inexorable flow of time: "His mercy is from age to age upon those who fear him" (Lk 1:50).

From Sunday to Sunday, the pilgrim people follow in the footsteps of Mary, and her maternal intercession gives special power and fervour to the prayer which rises from the Church to the Most Holy Trinity.

Burns Lake, Canada

#547830 Jul 6, 2014
Humans are con-artists.

And when you teach your children that they will go to heaven because they belong to your religion ... you are con-artists.

No question about it.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Sometimes justice prevails.

Burns Lake, Canada

#547831 Jul 6, 2014
A woman, whose immediate family faithfully attends church, told her young daughter the following,“Your grandparents were very intelligent people. They chose to belong to a religion where, once saved, always saved! Now that is the best insurance policy a person can have.”

Burns Lake, Canada

#547832 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I can spot a lie from a mile
Try looking in the mirror and you will see a blatant liar.

Burns Lake, Canada

#547833 Jul 6, 2014
The theology that Jesus (the Jewish rabbi) is supposedly spiritually aligned with Protestants is even more ridiculous than the idea that Jesus is supposedly spiritually aligned with Catholics or Gnostic Christians.

Burns Lake, Canada

#547834 Jul 6, 2014
Every Christian believes that he/she owns the mentality of the supposed savior.

And the same pattern infects those in all other religions who also believe their mindsets are aligned to their saviors.

Isn't THAT a quaint idea?

Burns Lake, Canada

#547835 Jul 6, 2014
Joseph Smith was certain that he had "restored" the "gospel" to it's original state of universal truth.

He presumed that his savior Jesus and his Mormonized God agreed with polygamy.

Preachers of religion are nuttier than fruitcakes.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#547836 Jul 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No antagonizing meant...but instead, enlightenment from the view point of History:
Historian Alexander Hislop says this:
And here, in a so-called Christian Church, a brilliant plate of silver,“in the form of the SUN,” is so placed on the altar, that everyone who adores at the altar must bow in lowly reverence before that image of the “SUN.” Whence, I ask, could that have come, than from the ancient SUN-worship, or the worship of Baal? And when the wafer is placed so that the silver “SUN” is fronting the “round” wafer, whose "roundness" is so important an element in the Romish Mystery, is only another symbol of Baal, or the sun, what can be the meaning of it, but to show to those who have eyes to see that the “Wafer” itself is only another symbol of Baal.
Who says this clown was an "historian" ? Lol.

The Two BabylonsEdit
Main article: The Two Babylons

This book was initially published in 1853 as a pamphlet, then greatly revised and expanded and released as a book in 1858. Hislop's work has been described as conspiracy theory propaganda which mixed "sketchy knowledge of Middle Eastern antiquity with a vivid imagination."[1]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 32 min Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web