Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637920 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#547763 Jul 5, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
I have seen lots of ignorant people on this forum since I have been here, but none equal the evilness of two people on here like oxbore and marge.
Now "I" am VERY upset!!! Those two love Jesus with all their minds, hearts, souls and spirits ... and I am an Atheist.

I demand my rights of being destined for hell.

I'm not certain however if it's a Protestant hell or a Catholic hell ... but I still demand my rights.

:)
Murder the NWO Now

France

#547764 Jul 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You already showed me the wiki...the excerpt showed no Catholics being persecuted..
You said you had tons of records...but, evidently, these records are not showing Catholics being persecuted by the Roman Empire..you have shown me none...
"most history scholars" constitutes no such record...
Logic, which you deny, says that Catholics were not around when Christ referred to the seven (7) churches in Rev...not one did He identify as Catholic...
You know...

You're a piece of scum, and I don't mean to attack you, but, you are my friend.

Just the fact that YOU refuse to respond to my posts, proves, that you are scum.

If you were ANY type of American, you would at least give me the benefit of the doubt!

Prince George, Canada

#547765 Jul 5, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Take my advice go to confession you'll feel better.
In the early days of Catholicism Jesus was absent, as the confessional was a public affair. It was so harsh on the sinners that most Catholics waited until just before they died to confess.

Only after it was moved indoors so that the priests could demand Jesus to forgive "sins," did Jesus come to bat for the Catholics.

Shysterology!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#547766 Jul 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT is your point?
The Protestant religion didn't start until the 16th century ... so they would not BE the first ones to use the word Christian.
Whoever the first Christians were, they were NOT Protestants.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
June VanDerMark wrote:
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..
Christianity had its birth in Judaism. For a hundred years those within and without Christianity considered it a sect of Judaism, so close were the ties.
My point is that Catholics maintain that Peter was their first pope...therefore they are saying Catholics abounded during this time. However, as you pointed out, history shows this teaching to be false...so does their NABre pope approved Bible..and Christ...in Rev He referred not to any of he seven churches as Catholic..they were not there...period...

Prince George, Canada

#547767 Jul 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Comprehension June..
He never denounced Judaism..
He taught his "own church" Spiritual Freedom from bondage.. He spoke of a deeper meaning and purpose to life..
Show me verse and chapter where he denounced Judaism..
He was definitely upset what they had turned His Fathers House Into..
There you GO with your spiritual freedom from bondage "ACT."

I don't go the bible as do you for religious information.

You are a nutcase!

You claim religion is bunk while you use the bible that is totally based ON religion.

Location hidden

#547768 Jul 5, 2014
StarC wrote:
Roman Emperors Persecute Christians
"A.D. 30 to 313
Some accounts of Christian persecutions say that believers were thrown to wild animals in Roman amphitheaters—as depicted in this 19th century painting.
(Photograph of painting by Eugene Thirion copyright Bonhams, London, UK/Bridgeman Art Library)
The Roman Empire could be a dangerous place for early Christians, whose emerging doctrine flew in the face of established Roman religion.
Hostility toward Christians fluctuated throughout the empire due to local events or individual officials' actions. Periods of peace were shattered by incidents like the great Rome fire of A.D. 64, which Emperor Nero blamed on Christians, or by the threat of external invasion, which often caused communities to close ranks.
Christianity was punishable by death during this era, yet pardon was available to those willing to renounce their religion by offering sacrifice to the emperor or Roman gods. The offering of sacrifices became a particularly contentious issue and a kind of religious litmus test. Honoring Rome's gods and goddesses was considered a civic obligation and, at times, a law.
But many Christians refused to break with their faith. They were often executed and then hailed by their coreligionists as martyrs.
During Emperor Decius's short reign (A.D. 249 to 251), all Christians were required not only to offer sacrifice, but also to acquire official certificates from witnesses to their offering.
Perhaps the most comprehensive of such anti-Christian hostilities were the early fourth century persecutions by the co-emperors Diocletian and Galerius. Fortunately for the Christian faithful, they were to be the last.
In 313 Constantine I and Eastern Roman Emperor Licinius ratified the Edict of Milan, which finally ensured tolerance for Christians throughout the Roman Empire."
There you are Ant...Clay...Tojo...

Not one word that comes close to Catholic.. there were no Catholics at least until 313!!!???

Prince George, Canada

#547769 Jul 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that Catholics maintain that Peter was their first pope...therefore they are saying Catholics abounded during this time. However, as you pointed out, history shows this teaching to be false...so does their NABre pope approved Bible..and Christ...in Rev He referred not to any of he seven churches as Catholic..they were not there...period...
I don't believe that Peter or Jesus or God or any of the other fictitious characters in your religion or in any other religions existed or exists.

I leave it up to you Catholics and Protestants to carry on fighting over who Jesus and God loves ... and I must admit that you do a REAL good job of it ... "without a doubt." ... pun intended!

Prince George, Canada

#547770 Jul 5, 2014
Murder the NWO Now wrote:
<quoted text>
You know...
Just the fact that YOU refuse to respond to my posts, proves, that you are scum.
If you were ANY type of American, you would at least give me the benefit of the doubt!
Is there such a thing as HOLY scum???

:)

Oxbow ... the HOLY scummer ... mmmmmmmmmmmm ... that doesn't seem quite right.

Location hidden

#547771 Jul 5, 2014
StarC wrote:
Persecution in the Early Church
"Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven."
-- Jesus (c. 30 AD){1}
"The contagion of this superstition has spread not only in the cities but in the villages and rural districts as well; yet it seems capable of being checked and set right."
-- Pliny the Younger, Govenor of Bithynia (c. 110 AD){2}
"This temporal and brief suffering, how shall it be exchanged for the reward of a bright and eternal honor!"
-- St. Cyprian of Carthage {3}
"The Christian Martyrs' Last Prayer"
by Leon Gerome
Christian Persecution
In its first three centuries, the Christian church endured regular (though not constant) persecution at the hands of Roman authorities. This experience, and its resulting martyrs and apologists, would have significant historical and theological consequences for the developing faith.{4}
Among other things, persecution sparked the cult of the saints, facilitated the rapid growth and spread of Christianity, prompted defenses and explanations of Christianity (the "apologies"), and, in its aftermath, raised fundamental questions about the nature of the church.
The article that follows explores the history of persecution of the early church, some of the reasons behind it, and two important Christian responses to persecution: the glorification of martyrdom and the writings of the apologists."
Ant...and his ilk

Not a word about Catholics being so treated.......not one.....

Location hidden

#547772 Jul 5, 2014
<quoted text>
You know...
You are a liar, and I don't mean to attack you...I have never heard of you...

Prince George, Canada

#547774 Jul 5, 2014
Theologians had to write or be laid-off. So they wrote nonsensical drivel.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

St. Thomas and the Virgin's Girdle. This legend that the Apostle, St. Thomas, was absent when the Virgin's body and soul were reunited and transported to Heaven, and he refused to believe in her bodily assumption. He demanded that her grave be opened so that he might see whether her body still remained within. Finding the grave empty, he looked toward Heaven and there beheld the Virgin in bodily form, slowly being transported upward. To convince him of her assumption, Mary flung down to Thomas the belt, or girdle, from her dress.

Location hidden

#547775 Jul 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Yo, Oxbow, you always come here and try to educate the dumbed down posters on this thread...
WHY??????
Man! if you have any inkling on what people should read, you should tell them about how to start a militia or tell them how to start one of their own.
Geez, don't get me wrong, I agree with you a lot, but you should spread REAL info on how to prepare and, how to get ready for the next continental civil war!
Just sayin'
There you are!!!

My post:
You said you had tons of records...which I did not deny...but I also said if you were talking about tons of record that show Catholics being persecuted by the Roman Empire, show me at least one ton of such..am waiting...

Address the info in my post...will be happy to respond...all else is ignored...

Prince George, Canada

#547776 Jul 5, 2014
Believe it ... or not.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

As mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles, it is true that the followers of Christ early became known as "Christians" (cf. Acts 11:26). The name Christian, however, was never commonly applied to the Church herself. In the New Testament itself, the Church is simply called "the Church." There was only one. In that early time there were not yet any break-away bodies substantial enough to be rival claimants of the name and from which the Church might ever have to distinguish herself.

Very early in post-apostolic times, however. the Church did acquire a proper name--and precisely in order to distinguish herself from rival bodies which by then were already beginning to form. The name that the Church acquired when it became necessary for her to have a proper name was the name by which she has been known ever since-the Catholic Church.

https://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb3.h...

Location hidden

#547777 Jul 5, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT KIND OF EVIL HUMAN BEING ARE YOU THAT YOU WOULD DARE ANY PERSON TO LOSE THEIR SOUL JUST TO SATISFY YOUR NEFARIOUS purposes?
Assuming that she is sincere in her belief that Christianity is all lies...its already a done deal...

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Murder the NWO Now

Chelyabinsk, Russia

#547778 Jul 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There you are!!!
My post:
You said you had tons of records...which I did not deny...but I also said if you were talking about tons of record that show Catholics being persecuted by the Roman Empire, show me at least one ton of such..am waiting...
Address the info in my post...will be happy to respond...all else is ignored...
O.K Bro, I honestly have no frickin' idea what you're talkin' about but let me rephrase the un needed insult and logic on my post.

I don't mean to attack you, I only posted that trash to get YOUR attention!

I know you're a good guy, anyone can tell that just by reading you're posts.

So, with that said, all I have to say, is, that all of you Americans need to start joining, or, starting MILITIAS of your own for GOD sake just try to understand thaqt I'm on YOUR SIDE!!!!

PLEASE!!!

I know I'm on the wrong thread displaying this stuff but, I KNOW YOU"RE WORTH IT BUDD!!!

;)

Location hidden

#547779 Jul 5, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
I have seen lots of ignorant people on this forum since I have been here, but none equal the evilness of two people on here like oxbore and marge.
No Christian wants any person to lose their soul, in fact we are to warn people to repent, thereby SAVING there soul,
NOT TO ENCOURAGE THEM TO GIVE UP A PRECIOUS GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE WITH THE LORD
Gospel truth...If she is sincere in her belief that Christianity is all lies...its already a done deal..

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And you say you were called by God!!!! What did He call you???

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#547780 Jul 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There you GO with your spiritual freedom from bondage "ACT."
I don't go the bible as do you for religious information.
You are a nutcase!
You claim religion is bunk while you use the bible that is totally based ON religion.
Just post the verse and chapter where Jesus renounced Judaism and I'll shut up..

Location hidden

#547781 Jul 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you now write that Jesus clings to your Protestant faith ... the early ex-Jews wrote whatever pleased them, whenever it pleased them.
It's all a huge muddle of conflicting religious literature ... enough to make the heads spin comparable to tops.
Of course the New Testament book of acts would have been written by Catholics.
The New Testament itself was not published until around 367 A.D.... which would mean that the words "new testament" as in the compiled book would not even have existed in 62-64 AD.
Much was written later, yet gave the impression that it was written at an earlier time.
Your response is ignored...it has nothing to do with the subject matter...
Murder the NWO Now

Russia

#547782 Jul 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar, and I don't mean to attack you...I have never heard of you...
No I know budd, by the way it wasn't me that gave you the thumbs down on your post.

I have read the King James version of the Holy Bible and Though I might not be as well versed as the rest of all of you, I still know WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG in regards to the (un) holy, satanic, putrid, stinking, rotting,disgusting catholic church.

You have my props as to what you preach brother, and I don't mean that in a freemasonic or any other secret order that needs to be DESTROYED!

JFK was on the path of destroying these secret societies, and was on record stating the he would "SHATTER THE CIA INTO A THOUSAND PIECES".

So now you know where I stand.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#547783 Jul 5, 2014
<quoted text>
No I know budd, by the way it wasn't me that gave you the thumbs down on your post.
I have read the King James version of the Holy Bible and Though I might not be as well versed as the rest of all of you, I still know WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG in regards to the (un) holy, satanic, putrid, stinking, rotting,disgusting catholic church.
You have my props as to what you preach brother, and I don't mean that in a freemasonic or any other secret order that needs to be DESTROYED!
JFK was on the path of destroying these secret societies, and was on record stating the he would "SHATTER THE CIA INTO A THOUSAND PIECES".
So now you know where I stand.
Looks like June forgot to take her meds again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Im Just Saying 10,084
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web