Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596039 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#547400 Jul 3, 2014
It's really silly enough that the modern Gnostic Christians believe their kindred spirits were the first Christians ... but when the Protestants try to claim that THEIR kindred spirits were the first Christians ... that is beyond ridiculous.

I don't agree with hojo that the Catholics would know universal truth if it stared them right in the face ... but I do believe that the Catholics were the ones to change the Greek word Ihcuc into the word Jesus in order to start their own religion totally foreign to Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Prince George, Canada

#547401 Jul 3, 2014
Literature of the Western World … The Ancient World Through the Renaissance.

The first consideration that I offer on the subject of the senses is that I have my doubts whether man is provided with all the senses of nature. I see many animals that live a complete and perfect life, some without sight, others without hearing; who knows whether we too do not still lack one, two, three, or many other senses? For if any one is lacking, our reason cannot discover its absence.

Prince George, Canada

#547402 Jul 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ was baptized by John the Baptist...the Catholic denomination had not made the scene yet...nor the Protestant denominations...
Well then John the Baptist didn't have a religion ... so why are Catholics and Protestants still fighting over who Jesus favors?

You people are just looking for a fight.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#547403 Jul 3, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN YOU SHOW YOU IGNORANCE
QUESTION DID JOHN BAPTIST LIE...ABOUT JESUS.?
AS YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE?..
I HAVE RECEIVE BOTH BAPTISMS
FIRST WATER..AFTER i WAS BORN AGAIN.
THEN FIRE....
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
JUST AS JOHN BAPTIST SAID THAT JESUS WOULD DO...
WHEN HE BAPTIZED ME IN THE HOLY GHOST
AS THE DISCIPLES WERE IN
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
this is what the apostle peter said about the baptism of the Hol;y Ghost
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Since you are not Children of God ...you know nothing about this...
I'm afraid it's not up to you to declare whether I am a child of God or not.

Why were the tongues of flame visible with the apostles and not you?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#547404 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
AGAIN YOU SHOW YOU IGNORANCE
QUESTION DID JOHN BAPTIST LIE...ABOUT JESUS.?
AS YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE?..
I HAVE RECEIVE BOTH BAPTISMS
FIRST WATER..AFTER i WAS BORN AGAIN.
THEN FIRE....
JUST AS JOHN BAPTIST SAID THAT JESUS WOULD DO...
WHEN HE BAPTIZED ME IN THE HOLY GHOST
AS THE DISCIPLES WERE IN
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
this is what the apostle peter said about the baptism of the Hol;y Ghost
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Since you are not Children of God ...you know nothing about this...
Jesus said

Mar_16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;

they shall speak with new

-->NEW<--- DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED ABOVE
&#954;&#945;&#953; &#957;&#959;&#769; &#962;
kainos
kahee-nos'
Of uncertain affinity; new (especially in freshness; while G3501 is properly so with respect to age):- new.

Prince George, Canada

#547405 Jul 3, 2014
Literature of the Western World … The Ancient World Through the Renaissance.

[Human Beings Have No Knowledge]

The wisest man that ever was, when they asked him what he knew, answered that he knew this much, that he knew nothing. He was verifying what they say, that the greatest part of what we know is the least of those parts that we do know; that is to say that the very thing we think we know is a part, and a very small part, of our ignorance.

Prince George, Canada

#547406 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Jesus said
The Catholic church fathers wrote that Jesus said ... "Blah, Blah, Blah."

You are comparable to a pig at the Catholic slop-trough.

Prince George, Canada

#547408 Jul 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That word "apostle" only thrills you because you believe the Jewish apostles converted to Catholicism.

If you thought they had converted to Gnostic Christianity, you would be repulsed by the word "apostle."

Prince George, Canada

#547409 Jul 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE it's up to a Protestant to tell you that you are not a child of God unless you become Protestant.

Who else on this forum cares enough about you to want you to be saved???

:)

OH WAIT ... I forgot the modern Gnostic Christians. They want you to become "spiritual" by listening to the wisdom of Jesus "THE" Christ ... that you can only learn from them.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#547410 Jul 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY WAS IT THAT YOUR POPE

DID NOT SEE A BURNING BUSH AS MOSES DID?

WHY DOES YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM THAT CLAIMS

"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican".

NOT LIVE

BY THE BIBLE THAT YOU CLAIM YOU WROTE?
LTM

Mississauga, Canada

#547411 Jul 3, 2014
1Behold, bless ye the LORD, all ye servants of the LORD, which by night stand in the house of the LORD.
2Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.

Psalms 134:1-2 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Personal Sin

Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips ...—Isaiah 6:5

When I come into the very presence of God, I do not realize that I am a sinner in an indefinite sense, but I suddenly realize and the focus of my attention is directed toward the concentration of sin in a particular area of my life. A person will easily say,“Oh yes, I know I am a sinner,” but when he comes into the presence of God he cannot get away with such a broad and indefinite statement. Our conviction is focused on our specific sin, and we realize, as Isaiah did, what we really are. This is always the sign that a person is in the presence of God. There is never any vague sense of sin, but a focusing on the concentration of sin in some specific, personal area of life. God begins by convicting us of the very thing to which His Spirit has directed our mind’s attention. If we will surrender, submitting to His conviction of that particular sin, He will lead us down to where He can reveal the vast underlying nature of sin. That is the way God always deals with us when we are consciously aware of His presence.

This experience of our attention being directed to our concentration of personal sin is true in everyone’s life, from the greatest of saints to the worst of sinners. When a person first begins climbing the ladder of experience, he might say,“I don’t know where I’ve gone wrong,” but the Spirit of God will point out some definite and specific thing to him. The effect of Isaiah’s vision of the holiness of the Lord was the directing of his attention to the fact that he was “a man of unclean lips.”“He touched my mouth with it, and said:’Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged’”(Isaiah 6:7). The cleansing fire had to be applied where the sin had been concentrated.

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers

When you are joyful, be joyful; when you are sad, be sad. If God has given you a sweet cup, don’t make it bitter; and if He has given you a bitter cup, don’t try and make it sweet; take things as they come. Shade of His Hand
LTM

Mississauga, Canada

#547412 Jul 3, 2014
Proverbs has much to say about fools. They despise wisdom (Proverbs 1:7, 22, 10:21, 23:9); they are right in their own eyes (Proverbs 12:15); they are deceitful (Proverbs 14:8) and scornful (Proverbs 10:23, 14:9). The wise are also given instruction on how to deal with fools in Proverbs. Instructing a fool is pointless because his speech is full of foolishness (Proverbs 15:2, 14) and he does not want wisdom and understanding (Proverbs 18:

Both Psalm 14:1 and Psalm 53:1 read,“The fool says in his heart,‘There is no God.’” Some take these verses to mean that atheists are stupid, i.e., lacking intelligence. However, that is not the only meaning of the Hebrew word translated “fool.” In this text, the Hebrew word is nabal, which often refers to an impious person who has no perception of ethical or religious truth. The meaning of the text is not “unintelligent people do not believe in God.” Rather, the meaning of the text is “sinful people do not believe in God.” In other words, it is a wicked thing to deny God, and a denial of God is often accompanied by a wicked lifestyle. The verse goes on to list some other characteristics of the irreligious:“They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; / there is no one who does good.” Psalm 14 is a study on the universal depravity of mankind.

Many atheists are very intelligent. It is not intelligence, or a lack thereof, that leads a person to reject belief in God. It is a lack of righteousness that leads a person to reject belief in God. Many people do not object to the idea of a Creator, as long as that Creator minds His own business and leaves them alone. What people reject is the idea of a Creator who demands morality from His creation. Rather than struggle against a guilty conscience, some people reject the idea of God altogether. Psalm 14:1 calls this type of person a “fool.”

www.gotquestions.org/fool-heart-no-God .

United States

#547413 Jul 3, 2014
marge wrote:
Communion means 'Jesus Saved us', We all believe Jesus Saved us.
-
-
Liam wrote:
You are not a Bible only evangelical.
If you went by the Bible only, then you'd agree, the New Testament is not a book.(Luke 22:20)
-
uh? ok. but the context in which you quoted this scripture makes no sense whatsoever. Typical Catholic.
http://biblehub.com/niv/luke/22.htm
20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.
The New Testament is not a 'book'? Well, everyone know this! It is a collection of letters of the Apostles.
-
-
Liam wrote:
The Bible is not the pillar and foundation of truth, the Church is.(Tim 3:15)
http://biblehub.com/1_timothy/3-15.htm
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
-
The Church IS the foundation and pillar of truth IF and ONLY *IF* it REMAINS in the TRUTH! The Catholic church did not remain in the truth - from right out of the starting gates when it IGNORED Jesus' command to "Call No Man Your Father." And she ordered the murder and torture of heretics. THAT is NOT TRUTH! You can't go directly AGAINST what Jesus said and still call it TRUTH!
-
Catholics take too many scriptures out of context and then twist them to suit their purpose. God knows they are doing this and that they HAVE done this since day one. And they even took it upon themselves to execute heretics! Talk about taking stuff out of context!
They thought themselves qualified to do God's job!
-
-
Liam wrote:
Not everything Jesus said and did is recorded in the Bible (John 21:25)
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/john/21.htm
25Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
-
Of course not! There would be no way to write everything down - and then who, really, would like to hear about his daily hygiene and such?
BUT ... and this is the IMPORTANT THING .... what WAS written down, was God-breathed, and what was NOT WRITTEN DOWN, as part of the BIBLE, WAS NOT GOD-BREATHED. Therefore: the stuff the popes said ... is NOT GOD-BREATHED.
-
-
Liam wrote:
Then, factor in historic fact....when and how the Bible developed, and all of Christianity points to the Catholic faith and the continuity of Bishops.
-
Not by a long shot - just the opposite in fact! they tried to hide it from the people to keep them from reading it and learning from it, that the Catholic church was not the true church. the RCC MURDERED & TORTURED people for reading the Bible!
Just as there is no crying in baseball, there is no murdering and torturing in TRUE CHRISTIANITY.
-
-
Liam wrote:
Its impossible to use the Bible against the very Church who developed it, protected it, translated, copied and finally printed it in October of 1454 AD
-
Au Contraire! The USE of the Bible INDICTS the RCC! and it says - point blank:
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/2_timothy/3.htm
16 ALL SCRIPTURE is God-breathed and is USEFUL for TEACHING, REBUKING, CORRECTING and TRAINING in righteousness, 17 so that the SERVANT OF GOD MAY BE THOROUGHLY EQUIPPED FOR EVERY GOOD WORK.
-
It DOESN'T say that The Roman Catholic Church can do as it pleases and ignore scripture and basically re-write it to suit themselves!
-
The Catholic church did NOT develop the Bible! According to 2 Timothy 3:16 it is GOD BREATHED!
-
So now the church is taking credit for what GOD did? OH PLEASE!
LTM

Mississauga, Canada

#547414 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
WHY WAS IT THAT YOUR POPE
DID NOT SEE A BURNING BUSH AS MOSES DID?
WHY DOES YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM THAT CLAIMS
"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican".
NOT LIVE
BY THE BIBLE THAT YOU CLAIM YOU WROTE?
HI CONFRINTING I HOPE YOU AND YOUR WIFE ARE DOING GOOD AND GOD IS BLESS YOU BOTH . HOW IS YOUR WIFES HEALTH??
ALL IS GOOD HERE, ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE LIVING BY OURSELVES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 44 YEARS. I CAN ACTUALLY HEAR MYSELF THINK.
GOD BLESS Elaine

Location hidden

#547415 Jul 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then John the Baptist didn't have a religion ... so why are Catholics and Protestants still fighting over who Jesus favors?
You people are just looking for a fight.
Did I say John the Baptist did not have a religion as in: Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe? Or did I say the denominations of Protestants and that of the Catholics, had not yet made the scene??

The Bible does not teach Christ favors anyone...and I see no fighting over who He does favor...
marge

Ames, IA

#547416 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Jesus said
Mar_16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;
they shall speak with new
-->NEW<--- DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED ABOVE
&#954;&#945;&#953; &#957;&#959;&#769; &#962;
kainos
kahee-nos'
Of uncertain affinity; new (especially in freshness; while G3501 is properly so with respect to age):- new.
A new creation in Christ Jesus our Lord, we literally speak in a different tongue that we use to.
truth

Perth, Australia

#547417 Jul 3, 2014
ljubim te ljubim kreposti moja
ljubim te boze mouj kreposti moja
hridino moja utvrde moj
boze moj pecino moja
stite moj snago moja
u te se utjecem
ljubim te ljubim

God is full of Mercy.
truth

Perth, Australia

#547418 Jul 3, 2014
in matrix numbers going verticals
in alphabetic way which people used vertical alphabeth jap
see
in matematics numbers as verticals used as determinante
see
i been good in determinante as matematics

good marks is not bad to know something
no everything not at all..

now
find secrets why others used matrix numbers
see
its very easy find who have freedom to know much more

I am not interesting poking my nos or to know any secrets..no!

Are you for sure you not speak jap tounge or similar.

not mee
truth

Perth, Australia

#547419 Jul 3, 2014
see
nobody care why don't you speak some tounge
why
see
they can find
how its easy
determinante trough matemistchifians
matematics =determinante

see
al=bet

greek liked be wise
jew looking into symbols
christan bealieve in cross

who looking as symbol as well why
truth

Perth, Australia

#547420 Jul 3, 2014
numbers=numb=path;o;log;y
who liked be as nurse
burse=numbers on wall zurse=zurich

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

be good
people liked money as fun funny as liked be rich and liked stay in power
not meeeeeeeeeeee

i never do that

see
how you can find trough words as meaning

be good

others can find you too
never wish to others very bad things

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web