Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,432
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#547278 Jul 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
that is NOT going to happen ..........
It already did you baffling fool. The Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision is a huge victory for the First Amendment and religious freedom.

It's a victory for all religiously abiding individuals and for all those who despise the yoke Obama has put around our necks.

This decision opens the door to rejecting Obamacare and many of his other power grabs.

Justice Ginsberg got it 100 percent right in her dissent: "Companies can now opt out of any law."

Now you can say you oppose blood transfusions because you're a Jehovah's Witness.

You can say you oppose anti-depressants because you're a Scientologist.

You can say you won't take a medication derived from pigs because you're a religious Muslim or Jew.

In other words, now almost anybody can opt out of the laws Ginsberg and her colleagues have written over the last 20 years that have destroyed America.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#547279 Jul 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but they don't think that Communion has anything to do with His Saving Grace.
and there is no way that you can tell us that what you think being Saved is can be compared to what the Apostles taught.
when a person Got Saved in he Bible, they were filled with the Holy Ghost, and that had NOTHING to do with them eating a piece of Grain, and I have Never read where Peter told Cornelius that a piece of grain every once in awhile would bring Salvation to them and they could kill Jesus every time they ate that grain.
over the centuries, your system has changed and perverted the Truth as recorded in the Bible.
you can lie all you want, but the Bible says that when we come together to take Communion, we do IT in Remembrance of Him(His death , actually). If you can show me that the bible says something different, I would like to read it.
and don't bring up what some kook said 400 years later, I don't care about OPINIONS, I care about what the bible says. PERIOD.
that Last Supper was Symbolic in nature, the Bread(not Him breaking it) was Him Sharing it with them and the Salvation that would be given to them.
the wine indicated that it would be His Blood that would be covering the sins of the World.
you can eat every piece of grain in the World, but it will never Save you, you can become a wino, but that will Never Save you, you can have gallons of tap water poured on your head, but it will never do anything but get you wet.
and you brought up GIF and his wife. I think they will agree with just about everything written on this post, and they would include this also.
when those people got Saved and received the holy Ghost, they spoke in Tongues, and let me ask you this, when they sprinkled you with tap water, did YOU speak in tongues.
going to bed, will answer in the AM.to any replies, unless it is oxbore, he is to boring to talk to anymore.
Frankly, I don't know exactly what their sect teaches regarding their communion, I do know that Kay has indicated more than once that they see it as much more than just a piece of grain.

As far as baptism is concerned, you can cite scripture verses til the cows come home that you think support of your "gettin' wet" belief, and you can disregard the beliefs of the men who were taught directly by the apostles and the many millions of Christians who lived and died before you got saved, but they all said you're wrong. The sane person would weigh the evidence between those folks and a nutjob like you and, of course, tell you to take a hike.

Caught any catfish lately?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#547280 Jul 3, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> No thanks...I hate banana's....I prefer strawberries
....then meet her in the strawberry patch. I would love to see you girls tangle.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#547281 Jul 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus----(yes)--it was "Jesus HIMSELF" who said in John 6:47-59 ...."For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood(which is real drink)----you "CANNOT" have eternal life!!.......Communion with Jesus is receiving HIM as His sacrificial gift, of His True body and True blood in the Eucharist....which has been historically and biblically PROVEN to be True for over 2000 years.......
.........Not long ago when you were a proud protestant, you probably criticized catholics telling them that bible only was the way to go and catholic cannon laws and the catechism were man made bunk and you couldn't understand why everyone didn't see the world like you.

.....When your church kicked you out, you immediately became bitter and changed your way of thinking because you were full of rage and revenge, and then started criticizing bible only, embraced everything catholic, and now you can't understand why people don't see the world like you see it.

.....what's your next move?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#547282 Jul 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Probably better than the alternative of eternity getting pineapples shoved up your as$!
I am really mad at you June.
Yikes! I will never see pineapples in the same way again.. lol

Location hidden

#547283 Jul 3, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....then meet her in the strawberry patch. I would love to see you girls tangle.
What? And destroy perfectly good strawberries?? lol

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#547284 Jul 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I am born again, thd bible way, but thanks for caring.
BTW, I don't think confrinting, at least according to Kay, believes their communion is just a piece if grain.
Rubbish...

Irenaeus

"‘And [Naaman] dipped himself ... seven times in the Jordan’[2 Kgs. 5:14]. It was not for nothing that Naaman of old, when suffering from leprosy, was purified upon his being baptized, but [this served] as an indication to us. For as we are lepers in sin, we are made clean, by means of the sacred water and the invocation of the Lord, from our old transgressions, being spiritually regenerated as newborn babes, even as the Lord has declared:‘Except a man be born again through water and the Spirit, he shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven’" (Fragment 34 [A.D. 190]).

There is the natural birth....and there is the Spiritual rebirth....has nothing to do with water...

Location hidden

#547285 Jul 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> No One, Atheist or Christian, should disrespect some one over the loss of a loved like you did that lady..
I loved chatting with you June, I do not agree with your non belief, but I enjoyed reading your thoughts.
I lost ALL respect that I did have for you then..
Things and people do get heated up and talk shy, but there should be some kind of mutual respect, To me, you crossed that line.
I am really mad at you..
Respect that is the one thing that is truly lacking in this forum and I am guilty of that also....Thanku

Location hidden

#547286 Jul 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus----(yes)--it was "Jesus HIMSELF" who said in John 6:47-59 ...."For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood(which is real drink)----you "CANNOT" have eternal life!!.......Communion with Jesus is receiving HIM as His sacrificial gift, of His True body and True blood in the Eucharist....which has been historically and biblically PROVEN to be True for over 2000 years.......
A person eating the body of another human is cannibalism....Christ did not teach us to be cannibals.

Location hidden

#547287 Jul 3, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~``~~
I gave you what Jesus said about Judas.to our heavenly Father...and He is the final absolute authority.
Judas is a an example of one depicted below
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those(JUDAS) who were (WAS) once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were (WAS) once made partakers (A PARTAKER) of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have (HE) tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they (HE) shall fall away, to renew them (HIM) again unto repentance; seeing they (HE DID) crucify to themselves (HIMSELF) the Son of God afresh, AND PUT HIM TO OPEN SHAME..
Question ...
For what reason did you inquire?
Did you really want to know or were you just attempting to be vicious.?
..... Your attitude could use some adjustment..to God's word...
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but BE YE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but TO THINK SOBERLY, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
~~~~
Jesus said
Luk 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
Luk 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
Luk 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
The apostle Paul wrote...
Eph_4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
1Th_4:9 But as touching brotherly love
ye need not that I write unto you:
FOR YE YOURSELVES ARE TAUGHT OF GOD TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
The question was/is: Is Judas a good example of a person losing his salvation that can be used in the argument against OSAS??

Give you a clue...the answer is either "yes" or "no"...

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent

She weepeth sore in the night, and her tears are on her cheeks: among all her lovers she hath none to comfort her: all her friends have dealt treacherously with her, they are become her enemies.

Judah is gone into captivity because of affliction, and because of great servitude: she dwelleth among the heathen, she findeth no rest: all her persecutors overtook her between the straits

Her adversaries are the chief, her enemies prosper; for the LORD hath afflicted her for the multitude of her transgressions: her children are gone into captivity before the enemy.

The adversary hath spread out his hand upon all her pleasant things: for she hath seen that the heathen entered into her sanctuary, whom thou didst command that they should not enter into thy congregation.

Location hidden

#547288 Jul 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A person eating the body of another human is cannibalism....Christ did not teach us to be cannibals.
this is my body, this is my blood.....do this in remembrance of me...

Location hidden

#547289 Jul 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the stupidity of theology from my perspective, Judas would have been the only faithful Jew to Judaism, while all the others followed Jesus, mother Mary, Peter the first pope, et cetera, into Catholicism.
However, as you have gathered, I believe that all religion is based on philosophy ... which equates to humanized brain farts.
You, evidently, have no genuine interest in the subject matter...

Location hidden

#547290 Jul 3, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
A false claim from a proven liar and thief carries no weight, thief.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#547291 Jul 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish...
Irenaeus
"‘And [Naaman] dipped himself ... seven times in the Jordan’[2 Kgs. 5:14]. It was not for nothing that Naaman of old, when suffering from leprosy, was purified upon his being baptized, but [this served] as an indication to us. For as we are lepers in sin, we are made clean, by means of the sacred water and the invocation of the Lord, from our old transgressions, being spiritually regenerated as newborn babes, even as the Lord has declared:‘Except a man be born again through water and the Spirit, he shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven’" (Fragment 34 [A.D. 190]).
There is the natural birth....and there is the Spiritual rebirth....has nothing to do with water...
The Bible always links water and baptism.

Water and baptism are never separated in the Scriptures.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#547292 Jul 3, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> It already did you baffling fool. The Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision is a huge victory for the First Amendment and religious freedom.
It's a victory for all religiously abiding individuals and for all those who despise the yoke Obama has put around our necks.
This decision opens the door to rejecting Obamacare and many of his other power grabs.
Justice Ginsberg got it 100 percent right in her dissent: "Companies can now opt out of any law."
Now you can say you oppose blood transfusions because you're a Jehovah's Witness.
You can say you oppose anti-depressants because you're a Scientologist.
You can say you won't take a medication derived from pigs because you're a religious Muslim or Jew.
In other words, now almost anybody can opt out of the laws Ginsberg and her colleagues have written over the last 20 years that have destroyed America.
I agree that all of you adults have religious freedom. But children that fall subject to right-fighting religious idiocy don't have freedom.

They will be programmed into the individual right-fighting cults, whose masters of bullshit claim it is ONLY THEY that KNOW universal truth.

Prince George, Canada

#547293 Jul 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am really mad at you June.
Oh well ... I can take consolation from the fact that I am your favorite Atheist, even though you believe that your personalized god and his Catholicized, or Protestantized son will reject me to eternal hell.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#547294 Jul 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Probably better than the alternative of eternity getting pineapples shoved up your as$!
I am really mad at you June.
OH OH ... I forgot that the REASON you are mad at me is because I won't believe that your "spiritualized" God and the spiritualized Jesus that is not in the Christian religion takes up your "spiritual" agenda as being universal truth.

Prince George, Canada

#547295 Jul 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> No One, Atheist or Christian, should disrespect some one over the loss of a loved like you did that lady..
Maybe Jesus will throw a spiritual curse on me for being such a naughty Atheist ... that is, before he rejects me to hell in a hereafter.

Will your spiritualized hell be enough punishment for me oh thou holy spiritual high-flyer???

Don't forget to avoid that Muslim hell. It's about as hot as hot can get in the wingding "matters" of theology.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#547296 Jul 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that all of you adults have religious freedom..
Then why don't you stop your hate on those adults? You stupid lying deceiving witch, the sky didn't fall, come out of your bunker, enjoy some air.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#547297 Jul 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake
We've already been over this, thief.

Because you are a proven liar, fool, and thief, your claims have no meaning.

Unless, of course, you want to provide a permalink to me lying.

But you can't, eh,'tard?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Jesus saves 8,720
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 7 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web