Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,346
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546458 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you! I've about had it with her going on and on about her Nick being GODLY!
This is a forum ... not a memorial.
We all lose members of our families ... but we don't usually crow for months on end about them being HOLY.
Just when I thought I have heard it all from you, June.

Not that you care but I will tell you anyways.....

As Christians, we are supposed to share and help in another Christian's grieving as we are part of the body of Christ.

As part of the grieving process, our loved ones who are left behind need to talk about the one who has departed.

Since your heart is so HARDENED you wouldn't understand or even care.

Why don't you find something else to do with your time!!!

Your time would be better spent with your grandchildren (if you have any) or volunteering at an elementary school or volunteering at summer school helping children.

You are NOT being productive here only causing aggravation.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546459 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You brag about your Protestant religion making you and your husband into holy servants of a god, and then when I get tired of the bologna ... you respond that I can't stand people showing "love."
GOOD GRIEF.
If that is love to brag about your own religion and about Nick being in heaven, while you believe that most of the world's population will end up in hell ... then I don't WANT your self-centered BRAND of what you call love.
What is sad is that you have to keep on and on about your loss, as though you are the first person in the world to suffer such a loss.
You show NO love, June....

Now you are being a trouble maker and causing aggravation.....

Do something constructive with your life and get OFF of this forum.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#546460 Jun 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE WORD FUNDIES is not in the WEBSTERS DICTIONARY...
Fundamental DEFINED
FUNDAMENT'AL, a. Pertaining to the foundation or basis; serving for the foundation. Hence, essential; important; as a fundamental truth or principle; a fundamental law; a fundamental sound or chord in music.
FUNDAMENT'AL, n.
A leading or primary principle, rule, law or article, which serves as the ground the fundamentals of
the christian faith..
work of a system;
essential part;
as the fundamentals of the christian faith.
IS
(ASV) being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the chief corner stone;
(DRB) Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone:
(Geneva) And are built vpon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Iesus Christ himselfe being the chiefe corner stone,
(ISV) having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, the Messiah Jesus himself being the cornerstone.
(KJV) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
(KJV+) And are builtG2026 uponG1909 theG3588 foundationG2310 of theG3588 apostlesG652 andG2532 prophets,G4396 JesusG2424 ChristG5547 himselfG846 beingG5607 the chief cornerG204 stone;
(Vulgate) superaedificati super fundamentum apostolorum et prophetarum ipso summo angulari lapide Christo Iesu
befuddled: mentally confused; unable to think with clarity or act intelligently;

Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.

So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son
Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken,

I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart fain

So Solomon, and all the congregation with him, went to the high place that was at Gibeon; for there was the tabernacle of the congregation of God, which Moses the servant of the LORD had made in the wilderness.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#546461 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You brag about your Protestant religion making you and your husband into holy servants of a god, and then when I get tired of the bologna ... you respond that I can't stand people showing "love."
GOOD GRIEF.
If that is love to brag about your own religion and about Nick being in heaven, while you believe that most of the world's population will end up in hell ... then I don't WANT your self-centered BRAND of what you call love.
What is sad is that you have to keep on and on about your loss, as though you are the first person in the world to suffer such a loss.
Again I am Greek Orthodox and I believe that you do not know the true meaning of the word love or how to love. You take what I have posted and twist the meaning into what you believe it is what I am saying.I have NOT bragged about my faith and I have been accused of not defending Orthodoxy.I have NEVER posted that I believe that " the rest of the world will end up in Hell" Never! You keep accusing me of this so please post the post number or shut the hell up about it.As I say before, scroll past my post about Nick and continue your hatred towards God and ALL Churches....I don't care..Maybe tomorrow I will post a picture of Nick mowing the grass if your lucky....

Location hidden

#546462 Jun 29, 2014
<quoted text>
1Co_3:11. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
But the ark of God had David brought up from Kirjathjearim to the place which David had prepared for it: for he had pitched a tent for it at Jerusalem.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#546463 Jun 29, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As Christians, we are supposed to share and help in another Christian's grieving as we are part of the body of Christ.
As part of the grieving process, our loved ones who are left behind need to talk about the one who has departed.
Your time would be better spent with your grandchildren (if you have any) or volunteering at an elementary school or volunteering at summer school helping children.
Thank you for the kindness but I think it is best for me to leave again for awhile and let the hate continue since it makes June happier.

United States

#546464 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Good for you! I've about had it with her going on and on about her Nick being GODLY!
This is a forum ... not a memorial.
We all lose members of our families ... but we don't usually crow for months on end about them being HOLY.
-
-
Truth wrote:
-
I have to disagree with you here ... I don't think June is a good role model to be hanging around children.
Kind of like RCC priests.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546465 Jun 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for the kindness but I think it is best for me to leave again for awhile and let the hate continue since it makes June happier.
If I can give you a little advice Sera....

You need to be with us....you need that Christian love as only we can give you....

The Christian love has helped me through the toughest times since 2012.....I won't go into all the details on here.....

This is why we are part of the body of Christ.

Don't let her run you off because you need us for the spiritual part of your soul.

I want to share this with you that has helped me....

The only people who think there's a time limit for grief have NEVER lost a piece of their heart.

Take all the time you need.

Blessings!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546466 Jun 29, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
I have to disagree with you here ... I don't think June is a good role model to be hanging around children.
Kind of like RCC priests.
Guest,

It is not at all like the RCC priests....

Believe me, you are closely watched in the schools or at least the ones I work it....

The unconditional love of a child just might soften her hardened heart.....

United States

#546467 Jun 29, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
its not about religion with you is it....you cant stand people showing love and compassion and respect towards each other. That's your issue. Now that's sad
June VanDerMark wrote:
GOOD GRIEF.
-
-
GOOD GRIEF!
GOOD GRIEF!
GOOD GRIEF!
GOOD GRIEF!
GOOD GRIEF!
GOOD GRIEF!
GOOD GRIEF!
GOOD GRIEF!
-
HOW MANY TIMES does she NEED TO TELL YOU she is ORTHODOX before you finally get it?

Location hidden

#546468 Jun 29, 2014
Catholics claim the RCC was instituted when Christ said in Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it..

Will build....an event that will happen in the future...He did not say "and upon this rock I have built my church"....an event already happened...

Proof of the correctness in my post...

The Apostolic Fathers
This set of early Christian writings, referred to as "The Apostolic Fathers," were written by the first generation of Christian leadership after the apostles, thus the term "fathers." Some of these documents, written in the end of the first century and the beginning of the second century, were considered by second and third century fathers to be sacred and were quoted as inspired text. The early church took these writings very seriously as early witnesses of the faith.

There is no reference to Catholic/s...why??? Because they were not there!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546469 Jun 29, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Guest,
It is not at all like the RCC priests....
Believe me, you are closely watched in the schools or at least the ones I work it....
The unconditional love of a child just might soften her hardened heart.....
LOL......

I am voted mean......

LOL.....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#546470 Jun 29, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You show NO love, June....
If I was in your religion you would believe that I was FULL of the love of Jesus and could do no wrong, because my Protestant belief would assure me of salvation.

Prince George, Canada

#546471 Jun 29, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
-
HOW MANY TIMES does she NEED TO TELL YOU she is ORTHODOX before you finally get it?
Let's not get too picky.

She's Christian and believes that Jesus and God agrees with her that she is saved.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#546472 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As will I.
~~~

AND YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU SOW

Gal_6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Prince George, Canada

#546473 Jun 29, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
The First Catholics were ex-Christian.
-
The word Christian was first written by a Catholic named Ignatius.

Prince George, Canada

#546474 Jun 29, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
I hope so.

I believe that homosexuals ought to be treated with dignity ... not referred to as perverts ... which is your "calling."

Prince George, Canada

#546475 Jun 29, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
I hope so!

I don't buy into the garbage that I would go to heaven for being a Protestant, while the majority of the world's people deserve eternal hell ... which is your "calling."

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#546476 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were programmed as a Hindu you would believe that the only way to Svargam (the equivalent of heaven) would be through belief in Krishna.
It's all IN the robotic programming.
No programming involved, it's a belief in something greater than ourselves..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#546477 Jun 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The word Christian was first written by a Catholic named Ignatius.
~~``~~

Act_11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 4 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web