Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679244 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#546836 Jul 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe that Nick is in Catholicized hell for being a Protestant (a protester against your Catholic religion)... you are not a REAL Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
that creed concerns the Trinitarian belief. This universal faith is shared by every single Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant Christian on here, save Ox.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546837 Jul 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So Gods,forgiveness does notcreach to prodigal Christians,?
The Shepherd does not seek His,lost sheep ...those given Him by the Father, if they stray?
When Christ drank the,Cup, what SIN was contained in it?? Whose sin was covered ?
A,saved person can never recover from falling into sin????
If Gretchen repent, who moved them TO REPENTENCE??
Or does,that verse,refer to those who looked back to Temple sacrifice to gain forgiveness ? DENYING the sacrifice of our Lord??
It is a,troubling passage.
Rose,

"When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity,(sin) he shall even die (spiritual) thereby. But if the wicked turn from his wickedness,(sin) and do that
which is lawful and right,(righteous living) he shall live (spiritual) thereby."

God warned such people that turning from that righteousness and committing iniquity (sin) would bring death (spiritual.)

There is an old/rule saying that a rule that doesn't work both ways, doesn't work at all.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#546838 Jul 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to that...there is NO HOPE for a repentant saved sinner.
The SPIRIT is NOT the one calling them to repent...the Prodigal Son is not welcomed home??
Exactly what is meant by falling away ...Chuck..I m trying to figure what you mean.and you haven't answered..
This,flies,in the face of forgiving by Jesus.
And saved people are not immune from sin ..so they are all lost?? According to Hebrews??
Rose here is what I believe. I believe if one is truly born again we have eternal life, we can never lose salvation and yes a born again Christian continues to sin.

Now, the ones who believe we can lose salvation use this verse:

4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance

*The problem is, if this passage does in fact mean we can lose salvation, then verse 6 is CRYSTAL CLEAR we cannot come back and yet they say we can. We go in and out of God's grace. Why does that makes sense to some folks?????

If we can lose salvation how are we still saved by grace and not on our own doing?

I always go back to this:

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast

AND THIS IS NOT OF OURSELVES IT IS A GIFT FROM GOD

If we receive salvation the moment we repent and receive Christ by faith then this applies:

Phil 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Don't know what else to say Rose.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#546839 Jul 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Found this
http://www.middletree.net/hebrews6.asp
This is from your link, Rose.....

Before Paul, of course, there was the Lord Jesus Himself, and many times He made it clear that our heavenly Father wants to take us back if we do stray. One of many examples is the story of the Prodigal Son. This illustrates the point well, because as Jesus tells the story, we see one very important thing: the son never ceases being his father's son. The fact that he is His son tells us that he symbolizes a Christian, a child of God.

The story of the Prodigal son should always be kept in mind when considering the meaning of Hebrews 6:4-6. If that passage truly means that one cannot leave, and then return, to a relationship with the Lord, then the story of the Prodigal son has no place in the Bible, because leaving and return to a relationship with our heavenly Father is exactly what that parable is about.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#546840 Jul 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The first commandment is,to love GOD with all our being ..
The first human commandment is "Be in the RIGHT religion ... or God will reject you to hell."

And all religious devotees refer to that commandment as being based on "God's" PURE LOVE.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#546841 Jul 1, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
Here is another way to think of it, Rose.....
I believe Preston has stated this several times.....
When the Word of God speaks of those who make shipwreck of their faith, can one sail across the sea of life toward the eternal shores of bliss on a wrecked ship?
Hank

is your salvation based on what you do? It has to be if you can lose it correct?

Prince George, Canada

#546842 Jul 1, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says.......Why do you get off harassing an old lady like June? Respect your elders.
If I was Catholic Anthony would respect me for harassing a Protestant as being fodder for hell.

That is Anthony's "Catholic universal truth." If you don't go to heaven ... you DO go to hell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Prince George, Canada

#546843 Jul 1, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a few weeks ago, you were doing the exact same thing, only worse.
I'm glad you wised up - after being called out. I think June did a few posts ago, on her own.
Who shows greater morality?
peace and love
ramen
They want to keep on believing that a god and a savior exists that agrees that hell is a divine idea ... but only for those who are not in their own religion.

I don't believe in punishment in a hereafter for any supposed "soul." And that means that rewards for being in a specific religion are also out of the "question."

I trust and believe that Sera's Nick is AT PEACE ... PERIOD!

If that concept is cruel ... then I am quite satisfied to BE cruel.

BUNK!

Prince George, Canada

#546844 Jul 1, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I get 1500 aeroplan miles for every new recruit.
I don't mean to get personal, but have you got even one new recruit as of yet?

:)

Prince George, Canada

#546845 Jul 1, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians do not murder in the Name of God. period.
They certainly didn't kill innocent humans as heretics in the name of the devil.

That wouldn't make sense ... would it???

They had to claim that the murders took place for a HOLY cause.

Prince George, Canada

#546846 Jul 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you have missed on here where I've said that I am NOT a FAN of Organized Religion, if you have, there it is again.:)
I do not know who will be rejected and who will not, but apparently you do.
I don't believe in the existence of a creator or of the many supposed savior sons of gods, so I don't believe in punishment OR reward in a supposed hereafter.

Religion "or as you prefer" "spirituality" to me is BUNK!

Prince George, Canada

#546847 Jul 1, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
In my personal opinion, June is responsible for the death of her baby a long time ago. Yeah I said it. I have a hunch others suspect the same thing, given this womans rabid cruelty.
You aren't the first Christian on the forum to accuse me of murdering my baby.

I will ask you this question which you will no doubt not answer. Is it cruel for me to believe that "YOU" won't spend eternity in hell???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#546848 Jul 1, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose here is what I believe. I believe if one is truly born again we have eternal life, we can never lose salvation and yes a born again Christian continues to sin.
Now, the ones who believe we can lose salvation use this verse:
4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance
*The problem is, if this passage does in fact mean we can lose salvation, then verse 6 is CRYSTAL CLEAR we cannot come back and yet they say we can. We go in and out of God's grace. Why does that makes sense to some folks?????
If we can lose salvation how are we still saved by grace and not on our own doing?
I always go back to this:
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast
AND THIS IS NOT OF OURSELVES IT IS A GIFT FROM GOD
If we receive salvation the moment we repent and receive Christ by faith then this applies:
Phil 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Don't know what else to say Rose.
Okay finally get what YOU are saying you believe ...thanks.

I too believe that the work started in US depends on the HOLY SPIRIT to call or deal with us if we fall into sin...or no one on his own would ever move away from sin..it's all Him, not us.

As,for someone who not only sins, but looks,to another way of salvation , as in those days returning to, the temple sacrifice?????

That I'm not sure of ...

I have come,to believe we,were created to love God...first and foremost ..and its,the first law,He gave,Moses...born again Christians by definition, are lovers of God receiving the gift of grace.

Each of us must answer only for ourselves. But to feel one can continue,in grave sin once saved, is dangerous...imo ....and not loving ..that's why we are pressurised by the,Spirit to turn back from these sins,that do not show our love,..

And that's,my best explanation..of this,difficult subject.. FAITH and Love .

Prince George, Canada

#546849 Jul 1, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....
Michael....
June hasn't earned any respect......
I didn't expect to earn respect.

A few short centuries ago both Catholics and Protestants would have put me to death as an evil Atheist.

However they were putting each other to death as evil heretics ... so I wouldn't have felt put upon simply for being referred to as an evil Atheist.

Prince George, Canada

#546850 Jul 1, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I already provided an answer.
The word appears in Acts, generally dated a quarter century before the letters of Ignatius.
And the author of Acts admits in the opening of Luke that he relies on other sources for his material, thereby suggesting the use was not his invention but predates his writings.
That biblical scripture on which you re-lie for truth was compiled in the new testament written by Catholic theologians.

Do you think the Catholic church fathers would have given credit to any other group as having come up with that word Christian before THEM???

You can't be serious!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#546851 Jul 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Robert. The devil that works full time for the Catholics will see to it that Preston ends up in hell where all offenders against you and the popes reside ... after they go to purgatory to be assessed of course.
OR ... maybe Jesus no longer needs purgatory in order to reject unrepentant sinners ... because he LOVES them.
Stupid humans and religious ideologies.
June

Its best to learn about purgatory before making invalid assumptions. As an ex-Protestant, I don't expect, you to know anything about the subject. And by your comment, you don't....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory

Prince George, Canada

#546852 Jul 1, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
that creed concerns the Trinitarian belief. This universal faith is shared by every single Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant Christian on here, save Ox.
Is that why Catholics and Protestants killed each other as heretics???

Is that why you and the Protestants fight over dogmas on this forum continually and believe that Jesus supports your own animosity towards each other???

Prince George, Canada

#546853 Jul 1, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suggest you stop pretending that the Protestants agree with your Catholic dogmas. If they did ... there would BE no Protestants.
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#546854 Jul 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They want to keep on believing that a god and a savior exists that agrees that hell is a divine idea ... but only for those who are not in their own religion.
I don't believe in punishment in a hereafter for any supposed "soul." And that means that rewards for being in a specific religion are also out of the "question."
I trust and believe that Sera's Nick is AT PEACE ... PERIOD!
If that concept is cruel ... then I am quite satisfied to BE cruel.
BUNK!
Your sin is hoping that everyone has a peaceful afterlife is there is one.

How terrible.

That's like praying that all children with cancer are cured by "loving" Jesus tomorrow.

These hate-filled extremists want others to suffer so their delusion is validated.

I still say again that the vast majority of Christians, Protestant or Catholic, are not the extremist wackos who post here.

peaxce and love,
ramen

Prince George, Canada

#546855 Jul 1, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
"When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity,(sin) he shall even die (spiritual) thereby. But if the wicked turn from his wickedness,(sin) and do that
which is lawful and right,(righteous living) he shall live (spiritual) thereby."
God warned such people that turning from that righteousness and committing iniquity (sin) would bring death (spiritual.)
There is an old/rule saying that a rule that doesn't work both ways, doesn't work at all.
It's plain that you USE the scriptures to make out that YOU are righteous and only others are evil.

Such snobbery is rife in religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 7 hr Eric 4
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... 9 hr nanoanomaly 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr Jasonville 84,711
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 15 hr Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... Fri BB Board 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web