Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646820 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#544935 Jun 21, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
May I have a link please? There is no such thing as "non-sacramental", it's something that was made up. Anointing of the Sick is Anointing of the Sick, there is only the one Sacrament. Unfortunately, these abuses do occur and they need to stop. You can be with the sick to console them, but you cannot anoint them in any way....please read the following in its entirety.
http://www.catholicherald.com/stories/Straigh...
Also, always consult the Catechism first. Catholic Answers is good, but it's not the last word on our faith. They also make errors.
...slapping the dust from your hands..........well I guess you straightened out that Star C.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#544936 Jun 21, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scripture say He is God and you will see Him as God for sure when you pass.
Are you talking about this Scripture?

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Tell me: Who is the "Father" and who is "me" in the first verse..
Tell me: Who is "Father" in the second verse...who is "me" in the second verse.
Tell me: Who is "I" in the third verse...who is "my Father" in the same verse..

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#544937 Jun 21, 2014
according to A.J. Miller He is the only Jesus Christ "then and now"
Michael

Canada

#544938 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
Associated Press has issued an apology for its errant
reporting regarding claims of a mass grave for children of unwed mothers
on the grounds of Tuam Home, an Irish home for unwed mothers.
Since the disturbing story broke early this month regarding the Tuam Home for unwed mothers in Ireland, where 796 babies were purportedly “dumped into a septic tank”, the Patheos bloggers have been on the case.
I had, early on, been concerned that the facts might not be as reported. I didn’t blog about it here, but over on Facebook, we had a spirited discussion in which I encouraged people to relax and wait for facts: Had the Irish Sisters been simply overwhelmed, with no one available to help them bury the bodies of the children who died? Was the burial site, in fact, not a “septic tank” as AP reported, but a cylindrical brick burial chamber, common in Ireland at the time? Were there really “no more than 20&#8243; babies buried at that site?
Pia de Solenni has followed the horror story and reported carefully. Deacon Greg Kandra reported as the story began to evolve. Frank Weathers helped to clarify, as new reports emanated from Ireland where Catherine Corless, local historian, took issue with some of the early reports. Rebecca Hamilton called on Catholics and everyone to wait patiently for the facts to sift out.
Today, though, was the big day: Today, after being challenged by America Magazine, Associated Press issued an apology for its skewed reporting.
The Associated Press correction read:
DUBLIN (AP)— In stories published June 3 and June 8 about young children buried in unmarked graves after dying at a former Irish orphanage for the children of unwed mothers, The Associated Press incorrectly reported that the children had not received Roman Catholic baptisms; documents show that many children at the orphanage were baptized. The AP also incorrectly reported that Catholic teaching at the time was to deny baptism and Christian burial to the children of unwed mothers; although that may have occurred in practice at times it was not church teaching. In addition, in the June 3 story, the AP quoted a researcher who said she believed that most of the remains of children who died there were interred in a disused septic tank; the researcher has since clarified that without excavation and forensic analysis it is impossible to know how many sets of remains the tank contains, if any. The June 3 story also contained an incorrect reference to the year that the orphanage opened; it was 1925, not 1926.
Now we wait. Will Salon, the Washington Post, the New York Times, FoxNews and other media outlets which carried the incendiary reports follow suit and issue apologies and retractions?
...,If it was the practice but not church teaching, who the hell was monitoring the nuns?

..,,Wait for the official investigation to conclude.

...Miss Corless who
told the story indicated she purchased 796 death certificates of children from the government agency for $3,126. She indicated none of the cemeteries in the vicinity had any marked graves of any of the 796 deceased children.

.....something is terribly wrong Star C..

Pad

Rockford, IL

#544939 Jun 21, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it is the state which issues marriage licenses and grants all legal benefits to married couples, the church has no say in the matter whatsoever.
The church lost it's control over what constitutes a legal marriage a long time ago.
Your right,no one who knows the society we live in would disagree with you. The truth is we are here only to warn,and to tell people that the Laws of God,although not popular,are against two men and two women copulating and marrying. It is not a matter of whether we want everyone to feel good about God's ways,but that His ways are contrary to the world we live in.and we who follow Him are not popular,but have by choice decided that His way is the best way for us.I am not happy when I see anyone's rights taken away from them.And basically as human beings have the right to make choices,the marriage between two men and two women is a right that people are declaring at this time ,and rights is what we all want to insure right?

Well that is fine well and good,and no doubt the many who voted against legalizing same sex marriage lost the battle,and voila all the states are fighting for this right now,judges are over ruling the moral fight in the courts to stop such marriages.

But that does not change our right to not have any part of it.But guess what society around us will not tolerate our dissent,and we are seeing negative reactions by gays toward businesses and whatnot where Christians may take a stand and refuse to even bake a cake for a gay wedding. That is a start isn't it? Although Aq. that society is embracing the gay marriage as legal and proper, the gays are not satisfied with that,as they have in their agenda to force the religious communities by crying "WOLF' to someday promote them as well. Many churches of the larger liberal titles:Presbyterian,Methodist, United Church of Christ and more are performing gay marriages.Gay couples are even going to evangelical churches and asking for the right to become members.The ministers of those churches have to be extremely careful how they respond to such a request.So far we have not seen gay couples openly complain about being refused to join a membership of a n evangelical church.

But it only takes one,and what will be the response of the media? How will society which is bent on pleasing the gays in every way react to the fact that most of the CHURCH will never marry two men and women? Homophobes,will not be tolerated. But the truth is what the world once saw as a dysfunctional lifestyle for centuries,and that which would never be allowed to marry in most nations,and under many systems, is being forced on all by the hypocritical attitude of the world NOW. No one will be given an option,just like abortion is on demand world wide,and those who oppose it are vilified as the worst narrow-minded sorts.

It is the truth that soon what most of us would never agree to would be forced upon us by the so called-liberal all embracing do gooders,that would kill to sustain their rights. It is all about what the world wants,and now it wants to promote same-sex unions through marriage,no one will stand in their way,all will comply! There is no God,who cares what the followers of a CREATOR say,they must be assimilated or die,and that is the future when it comes to the world view of morality and the moral values of religions and whatever.

Just sit back Aquarius and watch,it will unravel right before your eyes,and will you who would insure the right of an owl or some poor creature,speak against those who would take our right to refuse to marry two men,or two women when it violates our conscience? We will see!

Location hidden

#544940 Jun 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you quit acting like a raging heathen?
You said that I am lying, yet you never post my post where you say that I am lying.
you have said many times that I have said mary was not the mother of Jesus, you don't show it tho. in my post that you just answered that I made to GIF, I proved that you are wrong.
you definitely have a mental problem which is why your wives left you.
I feel sorry for You, not them, they have escaped your lunacy. but you cant escape what you are.
I have given a very well thought out explaination as to how God placed Jesus in her womb, if you cant accept that or don't accept that, who Cares? I don't.
one thing is CERTAIN, YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG, NOR CAN YOU POINT TO ANY ONE VERSE THAT PROVES ME WRONG.
THE BIBLE DOESNT SAY HOW GOD GOT HER WITH CHILD, AND WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER IN THE SCHEME OF LIFE.
and after you posted that link, old PAD has been very quiet.lol
The Bible does say how God got Mary with child..."And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Per your request..
Me:
Right on!!!! And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

You:
then why don't YOU tell us how this overshadowing came into being Jesus, fully man and fully God?

how can He become flesh if her egg was used, thus making Him half man-half God?

common sense 101

Me today:
You question God's ability to perform what He says He will do in that:

You want me to tell you how this overshadowing came into being Jesus.

You want me to explain to you how can Jesus become flesh if her egg was used, because that would make Him half man-half God..

Location hidden

#544941 Jun 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you quit acting like a raging heathen?
You said that I am lying, yet you never post my post where you say that I am lying.
you have said many times that I have said mary was not the mother of Jesus, you don't show it tho. in my post that you just answered that I made to GIF, I proved that you are wrong.
you definitely have a mental problem which is why your wives left you.
I feel sorry for You, not them, they have escaped your lunacy. but you cant escape what you are.
I have given a very well thought out explaination as to how God placed Jesus in her womb, if you cant accept that or don't accept that, who Cares? I don't.
one thing is CERTAIN, YOU CANT PROVE ME WRONG, NOR CAN YOU POINT TO ANY ONE VERSE THAT PROVES ME WRONG.
THE BIBLE DOESNT SAY HOW GOD GOT HER WITH CHILD, AND WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER IN THE SCHEME OF LIFE.
and after you posted that link, old PAD has been very quiet.lol
Per your request:
Me::
overshadow: episkiazo:,to cast a shade upon, i.e.(by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy; figuratively, to invest with preternatural influence:
preternatural:
1. Out of or being beyond the normal course of nature; differing from the natural.
2. Surpassing the normal or usual; extraordinary:
3. Transcending the natural or material order; supernatural.
You want me to explain this miracle???? It happened...period. How do I explain the miracle of Christ turning water into wine...it happened...period...
BTW...Adam and Eve were fully, completely, without any doubt fully human... what was the name of their mothers and fathers????

You:
no dictionary or lexicon.

tell me in your own words, how Jesus became fully man and fully God.

AS I TELL YOU OR ANYONE ELSE USING MY OWN WORDS AND INTELLIGENCE

Me today:
You again want me to explain to you the miracle of Mary becoming the mother of Jesus..You say you use your own words and intelligence which God said not to do: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Location hidden

#544942 Jun 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>copy and paste?
how many times have I challenged you to explain your idea of OSAS, and what do you do constantly.
you copy and paste the words of ad. rogers. who to the best of my knowledge, has never been on this Forum, therefore we could not debate him.
you run like the coward that you are when asked to explain any beliefs that you might have, which is minute ,BTW
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Not my idea...OSAS...per Scripture...

United States

#544943 Jun 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
here is how some of your church leaders acted.
In 2005, a grand jury said that there was evidence of abuse by at least 63 priests and that church officials had transferred offenders to other parishes and dioceses. While the archdiocese then formed a panel to handle abuse complaints,[[[[[ the 2011 grand jury found it mostly worked to protect the church, not the victims.]]]
Rigali responded by retaining former city child-abuse prosecutor Gina Maisto Smith to re-examine complaints made against the active-duty priests that internal church investigators previously said they could not substantiate.
63 priests were abusing young children by actually raping them. this is really a great church to bring your children up, teach them to be homosexuals while at an early age.
but one advantage to this rapine, no babies are born from these rapes so the rcc isn't throwing them in septic tanks.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/PriestAbuseCharges/ ...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
-
-
Liam wrote:
So what you're saying is: Catholicism is bunk because 63 priests who were Catholic, were evil.??! Dig some more garbage, pastor. Is Christianity bunk because one of Jesus friends betrayed Him?
-
-
This is what you don't understand: When JUDAS betrayed JESUS ... he was NO LONGER CHRISTIAN ..since he was being influenced by, and following Satan.
TRUE Christianity continued on WITHOUT the betrayer or murder or torture.
The betrayer of Jesus ... the man responsible for the TORTURE and MURDER of Jesus ... was no longer part of the church.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#544944 Jun 21, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahahaha.
Making a little more sense now..
You seem to do quite a bit of " sitting in front of topix"..
You " believers" only contribute to what is toxic in our world.
I suggest minding your own business and leaving the heavy lifting to God.
There's a great big world out there-- try spreading some Love for a change.
I have my reasons since I can't drive for 6 weeks. How can love be spread to a hater here?

United States

#544945 Jun 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
I believe that xbore doesn't believe in the Trinity. he gets all upset when the Name of Jesus as God is mentioned.
BTW, he continues to lie by saying that I don't believe that Mary was the mother of the baby Jesus. I do, but I also believe that He grew up and is no longer a Babe, and when He comes back, He will not be a babe, but the King of Kings and LORD of Lords.
-
-
Liam wrote:
Memorizing the Catholic Church's Bible verses doesnt make someone a pastor....
-
-
The Bible does NOT belong to the Catholic Church.

Location hidden

#544946 Jun 21, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The repetitive posts of a thief.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#544947 Jun 21, 2014
Peace

It might be a good idea for some to think on the rather hypocritical view of things in light of

James 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Peace
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544948 Jun 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.........Official investigations being conducted. Wait until official results come in whether there are bodies in unmarked graves and if the nuns had abused any children.
.....We all know of the abuses of native children who were forced to attend catholic in regional schools in the USA and Canada. The churches are still tallying their costs in settlements.
Next you will be telling us their is no official investigation of 40,000 nuns in america by the Vatican. Each nun called a bride of christ.
......We all learned about the abuse by the nuns at the magdeline laundries in Ireland.
.....Google ......Magdeline laundries ..........
this person is really a trip. I posted the Historians words where the liberal press had misquoted her, and reggie couldn't understand plain English. lol

United States

#544949 Jun 21, 2014
guest wrote:
The thing you don't understand is that the Catholic Church is NOT the one Jesus Christ started. Far from it.
They were the FIRST to veer off from the faith - once delivered unto the "saints" (KJV) "holy people" (NIV).
-
THEY were the UNGODLY PEOPLE who SECRETLY SLIPPED IN and PERVERTED the GRACE of our GOD into a LICENSE for IMMORALITY
-
***We KNOW this FOR A CERTAINTY because of all the MURDER and TORTURE they used to convert 'heretics'***... all the while making people believe this was 'normal' protocol
-
It doesn't get any more perverted than that!
-
http://biblehub.com/kjv/jude/1.htm
http://biblehub.com/niv/jude/1.htm
-
Jude:
3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have SECRETLY SLIPPED IN AMONG YOU. They are UNGODLY PEOPLE, who PERVERT the GRACE of our GOD into a LICENSE for IMMORALITY and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.
-
-
Liam wrote:
oh hello, guest. How ya been?
... Murder torture murdered torture murder torture chambers..... murder blah. Murder torture Blah!!
Sounds like you live your life according to truth.
-
-
Yes, I am not a murderer or torturer and abhor the thought that the Catholic Church tolerates it, and even has commanded it in her followers.
-
The TRUTH *IS*... murderers and torturers are KICKED OUT of the True Christian Church.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544950 Jun 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Per your request:
Me::
overshadow: episkiazo:,to cast a shade upon, i.e.(by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy; figuratively, to invest with preternatural influence:
preternatural:
1. Out of or being beyond the normal course of nature; differing from the natural.
2. Surpassing the normal or usual; extraordinary:
3. Transcending the natural or material order; supernatural.
You want me to explain this miracle???? It happened...period. How do I explain the miracle of Christ turning water into wine...it happened...period...
BTW...Adam and Eve were fully, completely, without any doubt fully human... what was the name of their mothers and fathers????
You:
no dictionary or lexicon.
tell me in your own words, how Jesus became fully man and fully God.
AS I TELL YOU OR ANYONE ELSE USING MY OWN WORDS AND INTELLIGENCE
Me today:
You again want me to explain to you the miracle of Mary becoming the mother of Jesus..You say you use your own words and intelligence which God said not to do: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
you can NOT explain the miracle that occurred with Mary for ONE reason.

you don't know the Bible and the Bible doesn't clarify as to how this Miracle was performed.

you keep using the word "overshadow" but this doesn't mean this is the Miracle, but youa re to ignorant to know what that word does mean.

all you can do is use a dictionary, which anyone on this Forum can do. that doesn't mean that You have the Knowledge to tell me what really happened.

at no time has God ever told us that w can not use our intelligence to figure something out, and so I caught you again in your ignorance.

Isaiah 1:18

King James Version (KJV)

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Here we find that your words are like empty clouds. they provide no rain for the thirsty, while God spoke to Is. and told him to reason with God so that he might learn something.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRY AND SAY, YOU ARE ALWAYS WRONG AND I PROVIDE VERSE OR VERSES TO SHOW YOU HOW IGNORANT THAT YOU ARE.LOL
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544951 Jun 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about this Scripture?
But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Tell me: Who is the "Father" and who is "me" in the first verse..
Tell me: Who is "Father" in the second verse...who is "me" in the second verse.
Tell me: Who is "I" in the third verse...who is "my Father" in the same verse..
bOY, YOU REALLY HAVE SHOWED YOUR IGNORANCE ON THIS REPLY TO marge.

here is her post, now any person ought to be able to understand what she meant.

marge wrote:

<quoted text>
The Scripture say He is God and you will see Him as God for sure when you pass.

it is funny, that you perceive yourself a very smart man , but the facts don't support that notion. so here is what she was reference.

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

and some day, you will bow that hardheaded attitude and that yoke that is bound around your neck, ox bore.
Chess

Dublin, OH

#544953 Jun 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Tacitus was born in 57 AD. Most Christians believe a man named Jesus died about 27-30AD.
.....show me links outside the bible of information/stories during the era 5 BCE to 29AD stories about a miracle messiah god man named Jesus.
ZERO!
.....something is terribly wrong! Chess Jurist.
Well, now you want to slide the bar a tad, eh?

I don't blame you, but let's look at what you actually wrote:
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....If a miracle Godman actually
lived there should be thousands of hand me down stories just one generation later in 57 AD........all stories about many of the characters from the bible are written no where else.
....Only..Silence!
Indeed, within a short period, there were several noncanonical texts referencing Jesus.

The Gospel of Thomas comes to mind, much of which is believed to have been written in the first century.

And, of course, there is Josephus.

His Testimonium Flavianum is a highly redacted passage, but most experts believe the obviously Christian editing [possibly Eusebius] overlays a genuine passage and consider his separate reference to James' death also to be genuine.

And then there are the Gnostic Gospels, many preserved in the Nag Hammadi library, though perhaps only Thomas originally dates to the first century.

Indeed, Jesus seems to have acquired more print in the first century or two after his death than just about anyone of his generation.

You now correctly emphasize that no texts were written during Jesus' lifetime. This is true. His flock were mostly illiterates. Perhaps he himself was. John and Peter were according to the NT. And most from the laboring class in first century Palestine was.

So it hardly is surprising that, from his lifetime, not "one iota or one tittle" of text survives about him.

Precision matters.
Chess

Dublin, OH

#544954 Jun 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Brain damage.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544955 Jun 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE FINAL JUDGMENT OF YOUR ETERNAL SOUL WILL NOT BE A JOKE..
If you had one yours WOULD be a joke!

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Wed sharona 5
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web