Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703712 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#544979 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
GEE I hope not!
I really don't want you to burn me at the stake in the name of the father ... the son ... and the holy ghost.
Be good or I will!
Kidding!

Unlike the atheist hitler that burned Catholics and Jews.:(

#repent #hell #fire #hot

United States

#544980 Jun 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
As Catholics we shouldn't expect to be treated any different then Jesus Christ.
-
-
um, Liam

Jesus was tortured and murdered ... as he hung on a piece of wood ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#544981 Jun 21, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your right,no one who knows the society we live in would disagree with you. The truth is we are here only to warn,and to tell people that the Laws of God,although not popular,are against two men and two women copulating and marrying. It is not a matter of whether we want everyone to feel good about God's ways,but that His ways are contrary to the world we live in.and we who follow Him are not popular,but hav
But that does not change our right to not have any part of it.But guess what society around us will not tolerate our dissent,and we are seeing negative reactions by gays toward businesses and whatnot where Christians may take a stand and refuse to even bake a cake for a gay wedding. That is a start isn't it? Although Aq. that society is embracing the gay marriage as legal and proper, the gays are not satisfied with that,as they have in their agenda to force the religious communities by crying "WOLF' to someday promote them as well. Many churches of the larger liberal titles:Presbyterian,Methodist, United Church of Christ and more are performing gay marriages.Gay couples are even going to evangelical churches and asking for the right to become members.The ministers of those churches have to be extremely careful how they respond to such a request.So far we have not seen gay couples openly complain about being refused to join a membership of a n evangelical church.
But it only takes one,and what will be the response of the media? How will society which is bent on pleasing the gays in every way react to the fact that most of the CHURCH will never marry two men and women? Homophobes,will not be tolerated. But the truth is what the world once saw as a dysfunctional lifestyle for centuries,and that which would never be allowed to marry in most nations,and under many systems, is being forced on all by the hypocritical attitude of the world NOW. No one will be given an option,just like abortion is on demand world wide,and those who oppose it are vilified as the worst narrow-minded sorts.
It is the truth that soon what most of us would never agree to would be forced upon us by the so called-liberal all embracing do gooders,that would kill to sustain their rights. It is all about what the world wants,and now it wants to promote same-sex unions through marriage,no one will stand in their way,all will comply! There is no God,who cares what the followers of a CREATOR say,they must be assimilated or die,and that is the future when it comes to the world view of morality and the moral values of religions and whatever.
Just sit back Aquarius and watch,it will unravel right before your eyes,and will you who would insure the right of an owl or some poor creature,speak against those who would take our right to refuse to marry two men,or two women when it violates our conscience? We will see!
And this,May be how the Christians are demonized in the end ...it's,heading that way..

I think most gay people want to live their lives in peace with civil rights, they shop in stores , go to work, are good neighbors....and should never be the targets of hate imo

but as with other groups , there is a whole industry making money and power out of any differences...these,liberal folks,IMO are the least liberal people .....and they will most certainly challenge the churches As they are now challenging businesses who do not want to cater

These,are the type who .won't let Condaleca,a great black woman speak at a college,graduation.....fly thousands,of miles,to some small town to be offended by their TRADITIINAL Nativity scene ....everything is,about victimization..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544982 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the atheist hitler that burned Catholics and Jews.:(
I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so

[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544983 Jun 21, 2014
The Catholic church fathers taught the Catholic Hitler that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed ... and Hitler took his Catholic religion to HEART and put it into action.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#544984 Jun 21, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it is the state which issues marriage licenses and grants all legal benefits to married couples, the church has no say in the matter whatsoever.
The church lost it's control over what constitutes a legal marriage a long time ago.
Well.... You can always go to the Presbyterian or episcopal church, happy wedding!

The Catholic Church will not do you the pleasure !
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544985 Jun 21, 2014
Then Hitler simply followed his Catholic teaching and even put Catholics to death when they disagreed with.

He learned that technique from the popes.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#544986 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so
[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]
Ha ha you really want to believe that? Go ahead he excommunicated himself when he took the atheist road! In his dreams he wished he was Catholic.

#hitlerlover #nuts #clueless

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#544987 Jun 21, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now you want to slide the bar a tad, eh?
I don't blame you, but let's look at what you actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, within a short period, there were several noncanonical texts referencing Jesus.
The Gospel of Thomas comes to mind, much of which is believed to have been written in the first century.
And, of course, there is Josephus.
His Testimonium Flavianum is a highly redacted passage, but most experts believe the obviously Christian editing [possibly Eusebius] overlays a genuine passage and consider his separate reference to James' death also to be genuine.
And then there are the Gnostic Gospels, many preserved in the Nag Hammadi library, though perhaps only Thomas originally dates to the first century.
Indeed, Jesus seems to have acquired more print in the first century or two after his death than just about anyone of his generation.
You now correctly emphasize that no texts were written during Jesus' lifetime. This is true. His flock were mostly illiterates. Perhaps he himself was. John and Peter were according to the NT. And most from the laboring class in first century Palestine was.
So it hardly is surprising that, from his lifetime, not "one iota or one tittle" of text survives about him.
Precision matters.
Jewish boys,were required to study scripture at least in Torah school ....John may have been in the Priestly family by his,mother as,he had access to the Sanhedrin meeting...Matthew,was a tax collector...his followers were not all illiterate..Paul was writing to people,who could read and copy and pass,on his,letters to other Churches......no Xeroxed. So did Peter, etc...John Mark may have been his scribe or any other disciple.

The,JEWS COPIED SCRIPTURE .. it was part of their heritage .....

And every written document along with everything Jewish and Roman that was in Jerusalem in AD 70 was destroyed, burned up ...so we have no idea,what was or was not written ..what notes may have been taken or sent before the gospel s,were put down in completion..I know,even Catholics,like to think no one wrote anything...I think it defies belief...but alas,much is gone, destroyed through war and persecution.

AND YET , we have our divinely inspired bible ....thank God
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544988 Jun 21, 2014
All of you preachers of religion promise that you know universal truth ... yet you preach at each other that others are all liars

And you all want me to be impressed by your performances.

I think NOT!!!

I'll take my chances that you are ALL full of hot air and nothing BUT hot air.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544989 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha you really want to believe that? Go ahead he excommunicated himself when he took the atheist road! In his dreams he wished he was Catholic.
#hitlerlover #nuts #clueless
Now you want Hitler to go to Catholic hell, when all he was doing was behaving comparable to the popes.

You are not at all fair.

I suggest if Hitler had been a pope, you wouldn't criticize him for wanting the vile Jews and misbehaving Catholics SLAYED.

It was common Catholic practice for popes to obey the will of the Catholicized God that they taught hated the Jews.

Those popes were horrible beasts. dressed in their pretentious HOLY god-garbs.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544990 Jun 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish boys,were required to study scripture at least in Torah school ....John may have been in the Priestly family by his,mother as,he had access to the Sanhedrin meeting...Matthew,was a tax collector...his followers were not all illiterate..Paul was writing to people,who could read and copy and pass,on his,letters to other Churches......no Xeroxed. So did Peter, etc...John Mark may have been his scribe or any other disciple.
And every written document along with everything Jewish and Roman that was in Jerusalem in AD 70 was destroyed, burned up ...so we have no idea,what was or was not written ..what notes may have been taken or sent before the gospel s,were put down in completion..I know,even Catholics,like to think no one wrote anything...I think it defies belief...but alas,much is gone, destroyed through war and persecution.
You really should take a course in Judaism before trying to believe you are a Jewish prophet that sees the future Protestants will be the only ones worthy of salvation.

Nutcase!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544991 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.... You can always go to the Presbyterian or episcopal church, happy wedding!
It would be nice if you could treat homosexuals as being equal to you in worth.

But, of course you believe that a god ordains that because you are a heterosexual Catholic you are made of special stuffings.

Arrogant fool.

Your church is full of homosexuals in hiding. Do you think THEY will go to hell???
Michael

Canada

#544992 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Catholic theologians, Jesus was baptized INTO Catholicism in the river Jordon by John ... before he died.
Yet the word Catholic never came to be associated with religion until long after Jesus' supposed death.
It's a crock of manure, as were all the savior myths.
Christians "wishing" it was a real happening, doesn't make it real.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
The Catholic Encyclopedia
Catholic
The word Catholic (katholikos from katholou -- throughout the whole, i.e., universal) occurs in the Greek classics, e.g., in Aristotle and Polybius, and was freely used by the earlier Christian writers in what we may call its primitive and non-ecclesiastical sense.
.....,.my understanding is that John the Baptist was a Jew when he baptized Jesus. Baptized him what? Jews don't believe in sons of God.
....I don't remember reading anywhere that John Baptist converted to Christianity, yet today in the catholic church he is a saint. A Jew a catholic saint???

......makes no common sense.
Michael

Canada

#544993 Jun 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
...,you are only speculating that everything was burned up.

...Philo the Hellenistic Jewish philosopher who lived from 20 BC to 50 AD wrote many manuscripts about the Jews. He wrote about daily lives of the Jews during this era and not one word did he ever write about a Jesus. Not one word about 12 apostles, not one word about John Baptist, nothing about virgin birth, not one word about crucifixion.

.... Paul one of the first christian writers never mentions miraculous virgin birth, nothing about any miracles, nothing about the crucifixion.

....the only writings about a god/man Jesus are written in the scriptures and there are no original writings of them.

.....everything you believe is based on what someone else told you and the faith you put in them.

.....there is no evidence that the 4 gospels were written by the names associated with them. There are only copies of copies of copies.

.....belief is all any religious person has. Every religion have their beliefs. When a religion says they have absolute truth based on evidence not belief, that might peak my interest. I know that will never happen.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#544994 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should take a course in Judaism before trying to believe you are a Jewish prophet that sees the future Protestants will be the only ones worthy of salvation.
Nutcase!
I one,have,never said,God,is,finished with the,JEWISH people...that is,NOT SO ..nor Catholics,either.

If you're,going probative a,point ..pick the,right people.

God has,a,plan for us,all but most significantly for the,JEWS who love,Him..they are,the,Apple,of His,eye and we Christians,are adopted into the,tree,of Abraham..I've said this,many times...

How,He,will do what He does..I leave,to Him..but the,apostles exploration to rule,over the twelve tribes and,Jesus,will rule,over,all..in the,New,Jerusalem.. which has,been described,in John's,prophecy and others..

Would you bow,your knee if you saw Him Return, June in your lifetime??......yes..every knee will bow to the King of the,JEWS AND THE GENTILES...all of us...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#544995 Jun 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And this,May be how the Christians are demonized in the end ...it's,heading that way..
I think most gay people want to live their lives in peace with civil rights, they shop in stores , go to work, are good neighbors....and should never be the targets of hate imo
but as with other groups , there is a whole industry making money and power out of any differences...these,liberal folks,IMO are the least liberal people .....and they will most certainly challenge the churches As they are now challenging businesses who do not want to cater
These,are the type who .won't let Condaleca,a great black woman speak at a college,graduation.....fly thousands,of miles,to some small town to be offended by their TRADITIINAL Nativity scene ....everything is,about victimization..
What will be interesting is,if they challenge the mosques and orthodox Jewish churches,to marry them...the,rabble trousers,I mean ..I'm betting they pick Fundamental churches,and CATHOLIC churches to sue ....they want power ......

If I was,gay I'd go where I was welcome,, and most do ...and I'm sure many attend Church ......

Until now,anyway there was,no government law,that ruled Church practice..it's,forbidden in our original constitution...they are so fond of separation...

.nor would a,Synagogue,welcome me saying the LORDS,PRAYER and rightly so..but in this,climate, who knows.????

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#544996 Jun 21, 2014
Hello folks.Have been away for a while but in my absence I see nothing is changed. Same old bullsheet, different day.
Michael

Canada

#544997 Jun 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
....how can you have a divinely inspired bible when catholics argue with protestants about each of their own conflicting doctrines?
...catholic/protestant theologens argue with each other over doctrine definitions.
....world rebound catholic/protestant Greek/Hebrew language translators argue with each other over the Greek/Hebrew meanings of written terminologiesfrom the scriptures.
.....And Jewish rabbis claim Christians have twisted the meanings of many Jewish doctrines from the OT.

....Unbelievable!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#544999 Jun 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....,.my understanding is that John the Baptist was a Jew when he baptized Jesus. Baptized him what? Jews don't believe in sons of God.
....I don't remember reading anywhere that John Baptist converted to Christianity, yet today in the catholic church he is a saint. A Jew a catholic saint???
......makes no common sense.
Jesus did not have to become anything in the way of being a Jew or whatever.You know that. He did it for righteousness sake,the fact that the JEWS, first of all because of Abraham's faith, entered into a state of righteousness from Elohim(God). Righteousness is a state of being which connects ones being to God's Holiness of setting one apart from the garbage of this world that is polluted by sin. Jesus knew that John the Baptist was sent by God to herald, the Coming of Jesus,and the simple act of regeneration or baptism is a humbling state.When people are baptized they have to humble themselves before the LORD and others who are witnesses of such.

Jesus humbled Himself before John who was holy unto God,not only because he(John) was the Messenger of God,but that John lived a truly ascetic life before his God,and called many of his people unto repentance.He(John) was not a hypocrite or a fake,but a man who lived every minute for His LORD.Jesus knew these things and even though He was greater than John,He cared for and humbled Himself before His cousin,through baptism. John was acknowledged in a deep way by God because of Jesus coming to him and being baptized of him. Jesus is a Jew by way of Mary His mother.,and He knew no sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1