Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690389 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544955 Jun 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE FINAL JUDGMENT OF YOUR ETERNAL SOUL WILL NOT BE A JOKE..
If you had one yours WOULD be a joke!

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544956 Jun 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I can't help it if you choose to be a atheistic idiot!!
I agree!

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544957 Jun 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I really wonder How an old hag that sits in front of this topic everyday spitting hate towards believers must appear? I suggest a lot of wrinkles and a face of hate and worry.
As long as the one Abrahamic God that still loves the Jews know that I believe he never broke his covenant with the Jews ... I don't think he'll reject me to Gehenna ... even if I am an old hag. I have faith that he is motivated to side with me.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544958 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
Associated Press has issued an apology for its errant
reporting regarding claims of a mass grave for children of unwed mothers
on the grounds of Tuam Home, an Irish home for unwed mothers.
Since the disturbing story broke early this month regarding the Tuam Home for unwed mothers in Ireland, where 796 babies were purportedly “dumped into a septic tank”, the Patheos bloggers have been on the case.
I had, early on, been concerned that the facts might not be as reported. I didn’t blog about it here, but over on Facebook, we had a spirited discussion in which I encouraged people to relax and wait for facts: Had the Irish Sisters been simply overwhelmed, with no one available to help them bury the bodies of the children who died? Was the burial site, in fact, not a “septic tank” as AP reported, but a cylindrical brick burial chamber, common in Ireland at the time? Were there really “no more than 20&#8243; babies buried at that site?
Pia de Solenni has followed the horror story and reported carefully. Deacon Greg Kandra reported as the story began to evolve. Frank Weathers helped to clarify, as new reports emanated from Ireland where Catherine Corless, local historian, took issue with some of the early reports. Rebecca Hamilton called on Catholics and everyone to wait patiently for the facts to sift out.
Today, though, was the big day: Today, after being challenged by America Magazine, Associated Press issued an apology for its skewed reporting.
The Associated Press correction read:
DUBLIN (AP)— In stories published June 3 and June 8 about young children buried in unmarked graves after dying at a former Irish orphanage for the children of unwed mothers, The Associated Press incorrectly reported that the children had not received Roman Catholic baptisms; documents show that many children at the orphanage were baptized. The AP also incorrectly reported that Catholic teaching at the time was to deny baptism and Christian burial to the children of unwed mothers; although that may have occurred in practice at times it was not church teaching. In addition, in the June 3 story, the AP quoted a researcher who said she believed that most of the remains of children who died there were interred in a disused septic tank; the researcher has since clarified that without excavation and forensic analysis it is impossible to know how many sets of remains the tank contains, if any. The June 3 story also contained an incorrect reference to the year that the orphanage opened; it was 1925, not 1926.
Now we wait. Will Salon, the Washington Post, the New York Times, FoxNews and other media outlets which carried the incendiary reports follow suit and issue apologies and retractions?
Do you believe that the children suffered abuse concerning their deaths?

By trying to protect the history of all the horrors that unfolded in the Catholic institution, you are comparable to a cat trying to cover up it's own poop in the hopes that its poop won't be exposed!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544959 Jun 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,Tacitus? That's it? Tacitus was born in 57 AD so he never knew a Jesus if you believe a Jesus died about 28 AD.. Anyone can create or embellish stories to become popular.
According to the Catholic theologians, Jesus was baptized INTO Catholicism in the river Jordon by John ... before he died.

Yet the word Catholic never came to be associated with religion until long after Jesus' supposed death.

It's a crock of manure, as were all the savior myths.

Christians "wishing" it was a real happening, doesn't make it real.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Catholic Encyclopedia

Catholic

The word Catholic (katholikos from katholou -- throughout the whole, i.e., universal) occurs in the Greek classics, e.g., in Aristotle and Polybius, and was freely used by the earlier Christian writers in what we may call its primitive and non-ecclesiastical sense.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544960 Jun 21, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
What ever she looks like .I no concern of mine.......God still loves her ..
Is that why you preach at me that I will be punished for mocking the god???

By the way ... the scriptures you believe you use against me would be the same scriptures the Catholics would have used against you to burn you at the stake as a heretic.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544961 Jun 21, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
It's my job to torment June.
Knock it off.
NOW NOW ... learn to share. I don't mind being referred to as evil and unworthy of salvation.

I would rather go to hell, as it's a nice place now. It's no longer a burning inferno. It's just a place where god is NOT.

I will thank my lucky stars for that good fortune.

If I went to heaven, I might have to spend time with the idiot Protestants Jerry Falwell and Fred Phelps ... YIKES!!!

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544962 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I abide by all Catholic rules.
GEE I hope not!

I really don't want you to burn me at the stake in the name of the father ... the son ... and the holy ghost.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544963 Jun 21, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
It is not any ones job to torment others....
Hahahahahahahaha

Do you think you are PLEASING to the Catholics, when you suggest that they are not loved by Jesus and God???

However ... I don't think they pay any attention to you whatsoever, as you are (metaphorically stating) merely a fly stuck in their ointment.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544964 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe 100% in Jesus, why are you not Christian?
Are you KIDDING???

The Gnostic Christians believe that their thoughts are aligned to the thoughts of Jesus ... WISE and PURE and aligned to HOLINESS of SELF!

Have you learned NOTHING?

They believe they know universal "SPIRITUAL" truth and that YOU are way off track in the brambles of idiocy.

Chess

Dublin, OH

#544965 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NOW NOW ... learn to share. I don't mind being referred to as evil and unworthy of salvation.
I would rather go to hell, as it's a nice place now. It's no longer a burning inferno. It's just a place where god is NOT.
I will thank my lucky stars for that good fortune.
If I went to heaven, I might have to spend time with the idiot Protestants Jerry Falwell and Fred Phelps ... YIKES!!!
I doubt the Christian god is so unjust as to subject Jerry and Fred to such torment.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544966 Jun 21, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Because folks who are 100% into Jesus do not fit in well with the "believers" in the church pews?
Case in point. Here is another new ager that believes universal "SPIRITUAL" truth is contained in self ... but not in other selves that disagree with self.

StarC

Denver, CO

#544967 Jun 21, 2014
Michael wrote

.".....Outside the bible no stories about a Jesus, John Baptist, Mary/Joseph or 12 apostles.......all stories about many of the characters from the bible are written no where else"
End quote
---------

Non-Biblical **+
Proof Jesus excited
1 of 4 videos

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544968 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
StarC wrote:
<"The fact IS, you do want my deceased loved ones to suffer in eternal hell."
They were not Catholic and remember you just stated that you go by Catholic RULES, so you must believe that my loved ones are not saved ... and that means you believe they are in hell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544969 Jun 21, 2014
Regina wrote:
The Tuam tank: another myth about evil Ireland
The obsession with Ireland’s dark past has officially become unhinged.
9 June 2014
For proof of the maxim that ‘A lie will go round the world while truth is pulling its boots on’, look no further than the Tuam 800 dead babies story. Courtesy of a modern media that seems more interested in titillating readers with gorno than giving us cool facts, and thanks to a Twittermob constantly on the hunt for things it might feel ostentatiously outraged by, the story about babies being dumped in an old, out-of-use septic tank by nuns at a home for ‘fallen women’ in Tuam in Galway made waves in every corner of the globe.
Continued at http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/...
Martin Luther believed that starving peasants should be SLAYED.

People of religion are just self-centered mortal animals.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#544970 Jun 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>her words."‘I never used that word ‘dumped’,” Catherine Corless, a local historian in Co Galway, tells The Irish Times.“I never said to anyone that 800 bodies were dumped in a septic tank. That did not come from me at any point. They are not my words"
that still does not excuse the deaths of almost 800 infants that your church was responsible for.
sugar coat it, whitewash it any way that you catholics want to but some day, some one will pay and guess what, IT WONT BE ME.
If the CC is responsible for those deaths, then who's responsible for all the other deaths throughout Ireland during that period?
You are a fraud. This story has already gone away. The media succeeded in smearing the Church They did a drive-by smear tactic, as usual. Worthless bigots like you, jumped all over it. You never stop and think why it takes so many lies to debunk the Catholic Church? You are responsible for it. You are part of that whole machine and your too clueless to see.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544971 Jun 21, 2014
Regina wrote:
Responsible journalism, what's that??
When we personally disagree with what was written, we label it as irresponsible journalism.

If we agree with what was written, we label it as responsible journalism.

That is how the theologians got away with murder in the name of gods.

The Catholics and Protestants believed that God and Jesus wanted the Jews slayed ... and they said "that" was "responsible journalism."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544972 Jun 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
As Catholics we shouldn't expect to be treated any different then Jesus Christ.
WOW!

THAT TAKES the CAKE!
Catholics murdered innocent humans century after century ... and you DARE to be so brazen with your claims.

I suggest you don't deserve be rewarded for such callous insolence.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544973 Jun 21, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt the Christian god is so unjust as to subject Jerry and Fred to such torment.
If he's in a Catholic mood, who knows what he will do to Jerry and Fred???

If he's in a Protestant mood, he will take them to Protestantized compartmentalized heaven.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544974 Jun 21, 2014
Yes indeed ... heaven a place I would definitely want to avoid.

The bickering that will never be settled on earth will just move itself to another location in the sky and carry on as usual.

No thank you.

If I have free will, I will just die, go up in smoke and be no more. An eternal sleep would give eternal peace.

Religious right-fighting turns me cold, as it leaves nothing in its wake but misery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Eyes on Christ 10,655
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web