Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688651 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#544893 Jun 21, 2014
i did not say like that
forgive me if i hurt you
its written
earth will be fulfill inhabitant
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544895 Jun 21, 2014
I never had an abortion ... and therefore I would have had every right to use a bible to preach down at other women for having abortions. But I wanted to learn WHY women chose to have abortions, so that I would not "in haste" become judge and jury over them.

For that ability to study, rather than "in haste" to condemn ... I am thankful.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book …“Abortion … by R. F. R. Gardner”… comes the following….first published in 1972.

The Worn-out Mother

There is, however, another group which the Scandinavians class as “the worn-out mother.” Writing of a group in Norway, Kolstad states:“All women within the group of medico-social indications were mentally or physically impaired beforehand; the pregnancy was merely the drop that caused the cup to overflow. Characteristic of their reaction are statements to the effect that they ‘cannot bear the thought of pregnancy and another child to tend.’ The state of impairment visible in the patient has, on the whole, been caused by social or economic factors. The housewife has, during a number of years, been worn down by chores, by bad living conditions, unhappy conjugal relations, heavy labor, many children, abuse of alcohol, etc. She has thus grown nervous and exhausted, she has lost her physical and mental resources, and is afraid of the future, of what will happen to the husband, the children and herself.”
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544896 Jun 21, 2014
truth wrote:
forgive me if i hurt you
Who do you believe you are hurting?

If you are going to communicate, you have to be specific.

I suggest that if you get rid of that damned religion and believe you are whole just as you are ... they won't be able to take that whole feeling away from you ... ever again.

I did it ... and if I did it ... you can do it. Just let go of fear and faith in your own goodness will fill that void.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#544897 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop using Catholic scriptures to condemn the Catholics to eternal hell.
Maybe you could try creating a Protestant god that will inspire you to write Protestant scriptures ... you THIEF.
:)
YOU WROTE

The Joke was on them!!!

I have news for you...

THE FINAL JUDGMENT OF YOUR ETERNAL SOUL WILL NOT BE A JOKE..

Php 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Php 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Gal_6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#544898 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it if you choose to be a Christianized idiot!!!
I can't help it if you choose to be a atheistic idiot!!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#544899 Jun 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Because I try to save the lives of women who have abortions by keeping the clinics open ... a Catholic on another thread wrote the following post to me.
He also was certain that GOD chose him to preach.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Franck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! We proclaim YOU should be burned at the stake you baby killing heretic! Somebody grab some matches! I want to light the fire myself!
I really wonder How an old hag that sits in front of this topic everyday spitting hate towards believers must appear? I suggest a lot of wrinkles and a face of hate and worry.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#544900 Jun 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I really wonder How an old hag that sits in front of this topic everyday spitting hate towards believers must appear? I suggest a lot of wrinkles and a face of hate and worry.
Ahahahaha.
Making a little more sense now..

You seem to do quite a bit of " sitting in front of topix"..

You " believers" only contribute to what is toxic in our world.
I suggest minding your own business and leaving the heavy lifting to God.

There's a great big world out there-- try spreading some Love for a change.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#544901 Jun 21, 2014
Associated Press has issued an apology for its errant

reporting regarding claims of a mass grave for children of unwed mothers

on the grounds of Tuam Home, an Irish home for unwed mothers.
Since the disturbing story broke early this month regarding the Tuam Home for unwed mothers in Ireland, where 796 babies were purportedly “dumped into a septic tank”, the Patheos bloggers have been on the case.
I had, early on, been concerned that the facts might not be as reported. I didn’t blog about it here, but over on Facebook, we had a spirited discussion in which I encouraged people to relax and wait for facts: Had the Irish Sisters been simply overwhelmed, with no one available to help them bury the bodies of the children who died? Was the burial site, in fact, not a “septic tank” as AP reported, but a cylindrical brick burial chamber, common in Ireland at the time? Were there really “no more than 20&#8243; babies buried at that site?
Pia de Solenni has followed the horror story and reported carefully. Deacon Greg Kandra reported as the story began to evolve. Frank Weathers helped to clarify, as new reports emanated from Ireland where Catherine Corless, local historian, took issue with some of the early reports. Rebecca Hamilton called on Catholics and everyone to wait patiently for the facts to sift out.

Today, though, was the big day: Today, after being challenged by America Magazine, Associated Press issued an apology for its skewed reporting.

The Associated Press correction read:
DUBLIN (AP)— In stories published June 3 and June 8 about young children buried in unmarked graves after dying at a former Irish orphanage for the children of unwed mothers, The Associated Press incorrectly reported that the children had not received Roman Catholic baptisms; documents show that many children at the orphanage were baptized. The AP also incorrectly reported that Catholic teaching at the time was to deny baptism and Christian burial to the children of unwed mothers; although that may have occurred in practice at times it was not church teaching. In addition, in the June 3 story, the AP quoted a researcher who said she believed that most of the remains of children who died there were interred in a disused septic tank; the researcher has since clarified that without excavation and forensic analysis it is impossible to know how many sets of remains the tank contains, if any. The June 3 story also contained an incorrect reference to the year that the orphanage opened; it was 1925, not 1926.

Now we wait. Will Salon, the Washington Post, the New York Times, FoxNews and other media outlets which carried the incendiary reports follow suit and issue apologies and retractions?
Michael

Canada

#544902 Jun 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are insane! Can anyone imagine how difficult it would be to pull off that scam that Jesus was just a fairy tale? Tacitus was fictional too? If you’re above a certain age, you might remember the 2001 discovery of an ancient bone box inscribed with the words ‘James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus.’ For those of you that aren’t—you should know that the world went nuts. Here was undeniable proof of Jesus’s historical existence. Then, in 2004, Israeli police arrested the Tel Aviv collector who found it on suspicion of forgery. So much for that, huh?
Not exactly. Last year, an Israeli court threw out the case when it became apparent most of the ‘expert witnesses’ were either lying or just plain wrong. The ‘smoking gun’ was a fake inscription that turned out to be nothing of the sort, and more tests are now being done to figure out (again) if the box is genuine. Now, we still currently don’t know if it’s real—only that it’s not a deliberate, modern fake. But if it turns out to be the real deal, it could yet prove to be the most important religious find of the century.
..,Tacitus? That's it? Tacitus was born in 57 AD so he never knew a Jesus if you believe a Jesus died about 28 AD.. Anyone can create or embellish stories to become popular.

....If a miracle Godman actually
lived there should be thousands of hand me down stories just one generation later in 57 AD. I'm not seeing them. Not one story by anyone from the entire mediteranean about a miracle son of God from 5BCE to 30 AD the era when he was suppose to have lived.

......Outside the bible no stories about a Jesus, John Baptist, Mary/Joseph or 12 apostles.......all stories about many of the characters from the bible are written no where else.

....Only..Silence!

.....something is terribly wrong Riccardo.

#544903 Jun 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I really wonder How an old hag that sits in front of this topic everyday spitting hate towards believers must appear? I suggest a lot of wrinkles and a face of hate and worry.
~~~

What ever she looks like .I no concern of mine.......God still loves her ..even though she evidently exist on self hatred...and possibly demented. As long as there is life there is hope of her repentance...

she is to be pitied...

A christian should evince the fruit of the spirit toward all.

Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

~~~
Measured by the above standard....

there are not many SPIRITUAL FRUIT BEARING Christians in this forum..

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#544904 Jun 21, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Star, I don't think that's correct about anointing of the sick. While some parishes/dioceses might allow it, it shouldn't be done.
https://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/anointing...
Hi Regina, Hope u r doing well. Summer is here enjoy it.:)
Had to snip for space, read it complete at Catholic Answers .com
Search Anointing of the sick. <><

I have never anointed anyone , but have seen it done by lay people....
"Only if it's done non-Sacramental"

Catholic answers has this on it.,----

Answer
I discussed this with a canon lawyer, and we agreed that your interpretation is correct. You do not need your bishop's permission to bring a particular legislative text to the attention of your prayer group; on the other hand, members of the prayer group certainly have a right to go to the diocese and ask if your interpretation of the document is correct.

Canon 1003 §1 of the Code of Canon Law states: "Every priest, and only a priest, validly administers the anointing of the sick." The fact that only priests can give the anointing of the sick was infallibly defined at the Council of Trent (Canons Concerning Extreme Unction 4).

While it is impossible for anyone but a priest to administer the sacrament of holy anointing validly, this does not in principle rule out the possibility of non-priests, including laity, administering non-sacramental anointings. In principle, it is possible for non-priests to anoint people with oil and ask God to bless or heal the person, while acknowledging that this is not a sacramental anointing and that God has not promised to use this anointing the way he has promised to use the sacrament of anointing. However, such anointings would run a risk of confusing people:
(1) They might think that this was a sacramental anointing;
(2) they might start relying on this easier-to-obtain anointing rather than on the sacrament; and (3) they might start using this as a way of "getting around" the cautions and regulations the Church naturally has had to set up to protect the sacrament of holy anointing, just as it has to protect all the sacraments.

To avoid these problems, the Church might prohibit non-sacramental anointings, just as it might prohibit a near-imitation of any sacrament. Suppose people were taking catechumens and building them into a state of prayerful expectancy and then pouring water on them and saying, "May the Lord regenerate you and give you new life and forgiveness of sins and open unto you the gates of heaven, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." This would be a close imitation of baptism, and grave problems would result if it were not made absolutely clear to the catechumens that this is not the sacrament of baptism, that God has not promised to use this ritual to give them any of the blessings of baptism, that they are required to go ahead and seek baptism after this, and that this cannot be used as a way of avoiding baptism or the Church's regulations concerning it. The Church might well choose to prohibit all such non-sacramental water rituals.

Because of the problems this widespread practice may cause, the Church now has prohibited non-sacramental anointings. The November 1997 Instruction on Collaboration states:

The non-ordained faithful particularly assist the sick by being with them in difficult moments, encouraging them to receive the sacraments of penance and the anointing of the sick, by helping them to have the disposition to make a good individual confession as well as to prepare them to receive the anointing of the sick. In using sacramentals, the non-ordained faithful should ensure that these are in no way regarded as sacraments whose administration is proper and exclusive to the bishop and to the priest. Since they are not priests, in no instance may the non-ordained perform anointings either with the oil of the sick or any other oil.(Instruction, "Practical Provisions," art.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#544905 Jun 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
The Joke was on them!!!
I have news for you...
THE FINAL JUDGMENT OF YOUR ETERNAL SOUL WILL NOT BE A JOKE..
Php 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
Php 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Gal_6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Columbus, OH

#544906 Jun 21, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,Tacitus? That's it? Tacitus was born in 57 AD so he never knew a Jesus if you believe a Jesus died about 28 AD.. Anyone can create or embellish stories to become popular.
....If a miracle Godman actually
lived there should be thousands of hand me down stories just one generation later in 57 AD. I'm not seeing them. Not one story by anyone from the entire mediteranean about a miracle son of God from 5BCE to 30 AD the era when he was suppose to have lived.
......Outside the bible no stories about a Jesus, John Baptist, Mary/Joseph or 12 apostles.......all stories about many of the characters from the bible are written no where else.
....Only..Silence!
.....something is terribly wrong Riccardo.
Incorrect.

Columbus, OH

#544907 Jun 21, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
Hey!

It's my job to torment June.

Knock it off.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#544908 Jun 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted the Catechism....and it says "only a priest".....
Star, I guess, doesn't like to abide by the CC.
Bummer.
Please read the post to Regina.

BTW I abide by all Catholic rules. U do not know me.
Never said I anoint.

Bummer that u misunderstood Regina's post. When she said she can receive ALL Sacraments except Holy Orders.

#troublemaker #readsIncorrectly

Columbus, OH

#544909 Jun 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake...
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
The repetitive posts of a thief.

#544910 Jun 21, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
It's my job to torment June.
Knock it off.
~~~

It is not any ones job to torment others....

We need to mind that our own souls are secured...for eternity...

the apostle Paul wrote in

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2Co 13:6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

2Co 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

2Co 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

2Co 13:9 For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

(The apostle Paul's reason for the above.remarks )

2Co 13:10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#544911 Jun 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying that I don't have more faith in Jesus than you do.
a. I accept and believe in all of his teachings = 100%
- You on the other hand accept only less than half of his teachings = 50%
And you are right - it is silly. People should accept the complete Jesus, and not just the part in which certain men have presented for you to believe.
Can we classify this as disrespect - sort of yes - because you place me in a "lower bracket" or "level" than what you would claim yourself as being within.(Me - non-Christian / You - Catholic).
Why don't you believe Jesus?
If you believe 100% in Jesus, why are you not Christian?

So you are looking in your crystal ball to see that I only believe in 50%, now that is really funny.

You wrote
"You place yourself in a "lower bracket" .... I Never said that.

As far as believing in Jesus....

We/I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,(Luke 1:35) eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God, begotten not made, one in being with the Father.(Heb 1:3) Through him all things were made.(John 1:2-3) For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven:(John 3:13) by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the virgin Mary,(Matt 1:18) and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,(John 19:16) he suffered, died and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures.(1 Cor 15:3-4) He ascended into heaven (Luke 24:51) and is seated at the right hand of the Father.(Col 3:1) He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead (2 Tim 4:1) and his kingdom will have no end.(Luke 1:33) We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of Life,(Acts 2:17) who proceeds from the Father and the Son.(John 14:16) With the Father and Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the prophets.(1 Peter 1:10-11)~

#enoughsaid #done
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#544912 Jun 21, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Regina, Hope u r doing well. Summer is here enjoy it.:)
Had to snip for space, read it complete at Catholic Answers .com
Search Anointing of the sick. <><
I have never anointed anyone , but have seen it done by lay people....
"Only if it's done non-Sacramental"
Catholic answers has this on it.,----
Answer
I discussed this with a canon lawyer, and we agreed that your interpretation is correct. You do not need your bishop's permission to bring a particular legislative text to the attention of your prayer group; on the other hand, members of the prayer group certainly have a right to go to the diocese and ask if your interpretation of the document is correct.
Canon 1003 §1 of the Code of Canon Law states: "Every priest, and only a priest, validly administers the anointing of the sick." The fact that only priests can give the anointing of the sick was infallibly defined at the Council of Trent (Canons Concerning Extreme Unction 4).
While it is impossible for anyone but a priest to administer the sacrament of holy anointing validly, this does not in principle rule out the possibility of non-priests, including laity, administering non-sacramental anointings. In principle, it is possible for non-priests to anoint people with oil and ask God to bless or heal the person, while acknowledging that this is not a sacramental anointing and that God has not promised to use this anointing the way he has promised to use the sacrament of anointing. However, such anointings would run a risk of confusing people:
(1) They might think that this was a sacramental anointing;
(2) they might start relying on this easier-to-obtain anointing rather than on the sacrament; and (3) they might start using this as a way of "getting around" the cautions and regulations the Church naturally has had to set up to protect the sacrament of holy anointing, just as it has to protect all the sacraments.
To avoid these problems, the Church might prohibit non-sacramental anointings, just as it might prohibit a near-imitation of any sacrament. Suppose people were taking catechumens and building them into a state of prayerful expectancy and then pouring water on them and saying, "May the Lord regenerate you and give you new life and forgiveness of sins and open unto you the gates of heaven, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." This would be a close imitation of baptism, and grave problems would result if it were not made absolutely clear to the catechumens that this is not the sacrament of baptism, that God has not promised to use this ritual to give them any of the blessings of baptism, that they are required to go ahead and seek baptism after this, and that this cannot be used as a way of avoiding baptism or the Church's regulations concerning it. The Church might well choose to prohibit all such non-sacramental water rituals.
Because of the problems this widespread practice may cause, the Church now has prohibited non-sacramental anointings. The November 1997 Instruction on Collaboration states:
May I have a link please? There is no such thing as "non-sacramental", it's something that was made up. Anointing of the Sick is Anointing of the Sick, there is only the one Sacrament. Unfortunately, these abuses do occur and they need to stop. You can be with the sick to console them, but you cannot anoint them in any way....please read the following in its entirety.

http://www.catholicherald.com/stories/Straigh...

Also, always consult the Catechism first. Catholic Answers is good, but it's not the last word on our faith. They also make errors.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#544913 Jun 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It is not any ones job to torment others....
We need to mind that our own souls are secured...for eternity...
the apostle Paul wrote in
2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
2Co 13:6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
2Co 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
2Co 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
2Co 13:9 For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.
(The apostle Paul's reason for the above.remarks )
2Co 13:10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.
No.

It's in my Topix contract.

Paragraph 48, clause (c), on page 14:

"The hereinbefore said party of the first part, sometimes hereinafter referred to as the life of the party, Chess, doth hereby affirm, avow, and acknowledge that he is required to torment, tease, plague and provoke the poster generally known as June, to wit....'

You should see what it say about OxBreath in paragraph 64.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web