Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,352
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544474 Jun 18, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously confused about what constitutes "fun".
Personal self gratification by domination of others, whether verbally or physically, most definitely generates a release of feel good endorphin like energy, but I certainly would not call dominating others "fun". It is more like satisfying a primal need or urge of some sort, but not "fun".
"Fun" is more along the lines of enjoyment that we share with others, and not a thing that we enjoy by sickly putting others down.
Just saying.
You ... with your Aquarius "spiritual" junk would like to bully others into the idea that you could be their divine LEADER if only they had the "contacts" to your "SOURCE" of eternal knowledge.

You don't fool me one bit.

Given any power and you would rule all people of the world with your "spiritual" religion.

World government is the aim of those who believe their religions are the be-all of universal truth.

It's human nature to bully others into submission.

Prince George, Canada

#544475 Jun 18, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously confused about what constitutes "fun".
By the way ... "secret knowledge" is an oxymoronic term, because if it's secret, you can't know it."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Aquarius, the sign of the water bearer, is an eminently revolutionary sign. There are four types of knowledge or secret science.

https://www.google.ca/...

Prince George, Canada

#544476 Jun 18, 2014
Jerry Falwell used his bible to bully others. And that stupid Pat Robertson is still on his biblical rampage.

Jerry was a shyster that chose to USE his bible to harm homosexuals ... and he was PROUD of his behavior.

I wanted to kick his ass ... which by the way I believed would do his inflated ego a kindness and hopefully bring it back down to earth.

He was a stupefied ass with a bible as his trashy friend.

Prince George, Canada

#544477 Jun 18, 2014
The world is full of those with the mindset of Fred Phelps.

It all came down through the channels of history from the rotten tree of religion.

The men in power used their religious nonsense to harm others ... and they were and still ARE proud!!!

They referred to their behaviors and beliefs as being based on LOVE!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Prince George, Canada

#544478 Jun 18, 2014
If there is any justice whatsoever in the universe ... I suggest that those who depended on and depend on their supposed holy literature for universal truth will be rewarded with the harm they caused and cause to others.

I hope that is not true and that no harm will come after death to any forms of life.

I am very thankful however that I never used my bible to preach at others as being sinners and evil fodder for eternal hell, which in turn caused many devout believers to commit suicide.

My bible was used by me to ask questions of why it never made any sense to me.

For my in-sight ... I'm very thankful indeed!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#544479 Jun 18, 2014
I will be eighty years old....Friday 6/20/14 and (TO THE GLORY OF GOD) my health is excellent... The secret to my health is that I daily bring my body under submission/SUBJECTION.... to the word of God....
I realize that am a spirit ...I live in a body and ...I.possess a soul....My spirit has been redeemed...as it says in

.Rom_8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of

the Spirit, even -->we ourselves groan within ourselves,

waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. <--

According to the above scripture....My body has not been.redeemed.and will not be until the resurrection of the SAINTS.......Knowing that God has provided healing for my UN-redeemed body, it is incumbent in me as a spirit, to command my body to respond to the word of God and receive the gifts that were given to me through the sufferings death and resurrection and ascension of Christ Jesus..
.I speak to my body... that if it does not respond to God's word " that I will move out of it and let it rot)
One does not have to beg God for his gifts....they are to be received by faith, IN THE NAME OF JESUS,
FACT IS I RECEIVED HEALTH WHEN I WAS BORN AGAIN.

SALVATION (which I have received) DEFINED IN HEBREW ..
H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

THIS is my expectations of God...AND HE IS FAITHFUL
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h is JESUS IN HEBREW..
.HE IS ALL THE ABOVE AND MORE.
THIS IS MY DECLARATION OF FAITH..
.if you do not feel that the above applies to you...I AM NOT SENDING condemnation TO ANY ONE
All i know is IT IS WORKING FOR ME, And i do not feel that God loves me one iota more than He loves you.... I recommend that you try it...

Prince George, Canada

#544480 Jun 18, 2014
I will go to my death knowing that those Protestant theologians of my childhood never caused me to use the KJV to in turn preach down at others as evil sinners.

I didn't allow them the "privilege" of making me into their own haughty images.

The words in the front of the book made me question the reason they were there ... and I soon caught on that the words were a BRIBE to seduce me into the idea that if I joined their Protestant cult I could be ALL THAT!

I didn't fall for the superficial nonsense.

I know that I'm dumb ... but thankfully, I wasn't THAT easy to CON!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

Prince George, Canada

#544481 Jun 18, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
I will be eighty years old....Friday 6/20/14 and (TO THE GLORY OF GOD) my health is excellent... The secret to my health is that I daily bring my body under submission/SUBJECTION.... to the word of God....
This one WAS just that easy to CON. He believes that a god CALLED him to preach the Protestant religion as being based on universal truth.

He wills to overlook that was the story of all religious preachers in all religions.

He was certain that HE was SPECIAL. That's WHY he fell for the words in the front of the KJV.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

Prince George, Canada

#544482 Jun 18, 2014
According to the above scripture....My body has not been.redeemed.and will not be until the resurrection of the SAINTS..
I wonder if before you die, you will choose to see that you have been conned by the masters of bullshit ... the philosophers ... known as theologians?

Martin Luther was certain that all other theologians were theologasters.

You learned nothing from Martin Luther's arrogance. And that is because you chose not to learn. You thought you knew it ALL ... you pathetic creature!

Theologian

late 15c., from Old French theologien (14c.); see theology. A petty or paltry theologist is a theologaster (1620s), coined in Medieval Latin by Martin Luther (1518).

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...
Sherlayne

Vienna, NJ

#544483 Jun 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I will go to my death knowing that those Protestant theologians of my childhood never caused me to use the KJV to in turn preach down at others as evil sinners.
I didn't allow them the "privilege" of making me into their own haughty images.
The words in the front of the book made me question the reason they were there ... and I soon caught on that the words were a BRIBE to seduce me into the idea that if I joined their Protestant cult I could be ALL THAT!
I didn't fall for the superficial nonsense.
I know that I'm dumb ... but thankfully, I wasn't THAT easy to CON!
THE BIBLE
June, you are far fro dumb!! Now go stand in the corner (and don't forget the dunce cap).
Sherlayne

Vienna, NJ

#544484 Jun 18, 2014
typo - fro should read "from".

Prince George, Canada

#544485 Jun 18, 2014
You just can't beat this for arrogance. It's not possible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Martin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”
Sherlayne

Vienna, NJ

#544486 Jun 18, 2014
I realize that am a spirit ...I live in a body and ...I.possess a soul....My spirit has been redeemed...as it says in
.Rom_8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of
the Spirit, even -->we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. <--
According to the above scripture....My body has not been.redeemed.and will not be until the resurrection of the SAINTS.......Knowing that God has provided healing for my UN-redeemed body, it is incumbent in me as a spirit, to command my body to respond to the word of God and receive the gifts that were given to me through the sufferings death and resurrection and ascension of Christ Jesus..
.I speak to my body... that if it does not respond to God's word " that I will move out of it and let it rot)
One does not have to beg God for his gifts....they are to be received by faith, IN THE NAME OF JESUS,
FACT IS I RECEIVED HEALTH WHEN I WAS BORN AGAIN.
SALVATION (which I have received) DEFINED IN HEBREW ..
H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
THIS is my expectations of God...AND HE IS FAITHFUL
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h is JESUS IN HEBREW..
.HE IS ALL THE ABOVE AND MORE.
THIS IS MY DECLARATION OF FAITH..
.if you do not feel that the above applies to you...I AM NOT SENDING condemnation TO ANY ONE
All i know is IT IS WORKING FOR ME, And i do not feel that God loves me one iota more than He loves you.... I recommend that you try it...
I wish you a very happy birthday!

Prince George, Canada

#544487 Jun 18, 2014
Everywhere religion exists ... you will be visited by the same type of arrogance.
>>>>>>> >>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Unam sanctam (Lat., One holy). The opening words of Boniface VIII’s BULL of 1302 declaring that there was “One holy Catholic and Apostolic Church”, membership of which was necessary for salvation.

Prince George, Canada

#544488 Jun 18, 2014
The dalai lama is convinced that he is ready for Nirvana ... while the "untouchables" will have to reincarnate many times before reaching such a HIGH state of development.

Yet ... as a child, the dalai lama was simply chosen by other men of Buddhism to in turn sit on a male-created throne. I suggest that the dalia lama doesn't want to see that mortal men chose him for that luxurious position ... and that that was simply a silly male-created game. He WANTS to keep on believing that he is ready for Nirvana ... the equivalent of Islam's Paradise, or the supposed Christian heaven.

Religion is based on arrogance.

All preachers might not see that in their selves ... but I see it ... and I never bought into it to in turn be bribed into what I perceived to be such a futile venture as preaching nonsense down at others.

Prince George, Canada

#544489 Jun 18, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you a very happy birthday!
I don't!

He's a homophobe. I don't wish homophobes happiness when they claim that homosexuals are evil and according to a god ... deserve hell.

He can take his bible and thump it elsewhere.

Prince George, Canada

#544490 Jun 18, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, you are far fro dumb!! Now go stand in the corner (and don't forget the dunce cap).
As I stated, I know that I am dumb. That is why I don't pretend to know the future ... or even if there is such a thing as a future.

Maybe, as Einstein believed was his theory ... what we perceive is real is simply all illusion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"

Albert Einstein

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#544491 Jun 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin trained to be a Catholic priest for five years..
He is just like you, he tried religion and rejected it and then became a bigot, a hater of those that believed in a higher power. Are you related?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#544492 Jun 18, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't know the LORD yet so they can't See what the Bible clearly teaches.
They really make God's Word applicable to them:

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#544493 Jun 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't!
He's a homophobe. I don't wish homophobes happiness when they claim that homosexuals are evil and according to a god ... deserve hell.
He can take his bible and thump it elsewhere.
I suggest you take your homosexuality to another topic, this is about the Vatican.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 8,869
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Jan 17 TheRealOzzy 2
More from around the web