Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#544300 Jun 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another "isolated and remote incident" that people like you "dig up" from some National Inquier (similar type source)...... Again---people like you will " lay awake at night" frantically searching out anti-catholic trash articles like this so that you can "feed your" vindictive anti-catholic hostile ego!.......Tell us all Michael ---- how long have you been working in the sanitation and garbage pickup collection of trash... At least 3 years since you arrived on this forum?????????
"isolated and remote"...really????

And then [Ed.: sometimes the priest, while attempting to molest a nun, will] kick you in the stomach. Many of the precious little girls [Ed.: i.e., young nuns] have babies under their hearts, and it doesn’t bother a priest to kick you in the stomach with a baby under your heart – he doesn’t mind – the baby is going to be killed anyway – because those babies are born in the convent. Why wouldn’t those babies be born, when you run places like these [Ed.: i.e., cloistered convents] under the cloak of ‘religion’– the world thinks [Ed.: they are] religious orders. And there are babies born in there!…I’ve delivered those babies with these hands; and what I’ve seen with my eyes and done with my hands – I just challenge the whole world to say it isn’t true.

You got one...tojo....he say it all be the anti-catholic news media telling lies!!!!!

Location hidden

#544301 Jun 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another "isolated and remote incident" that people like you "dig up" from some National Inquier (similar type source)...... Again---people like you will " lay awake at night" frantically searching out anti-catholic trash articles like this so that you can "feed your" vindictive anti-catholic hostile ego!.......Tell us all Michael ---- how long have you been working in the sanitation and garbage pickup collection of trash... At least 3 years since you arrived on this forum?????????
"isolated and remote"...really???

It's not just little kids who are endangered by Catholic priests -- Catholic nuns also have reason to fear. The Vatican has finally admitted that nuns all around the world have been sexually abused and even raped by priests. Africa has had the most problems, but many other countries have been involved as well, including India, Ireland, Italy, the Philippines and the United States.

Confidential Vatican reports obtained by the National Catholic Reporter, a weekly magazine in the US, have revealed that members of the Catholic clergy have been exploiting their financial and spiritual authority to gain sexual favours from nuns, particularly those from the Third World who are more likely to be culturally conditioned to be subservient to men.

Tojo....look!!! "the National Catholic Reporter, a weekly magazine in the US" Is this news media also anti-Catholic?????

Location hidden

#544302 Jun 16, 2014
Hey man called of God....care to comment???

Mary the Mother of Jesus - Profile of the Virgin Mary
christianity.about.com/od/.../p/marymotherjes...
About.com
by Mary Fairchild - in 1,078 Google+ circles
Mary the Mother of Jesus was chosen by God to give birth to the Savior of the World.... Mary was the mother of the Messiah, Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.

Location hidden

#544303 Jun 16, 2014
Hello....man called of God..care to comment????

Mary (mother of Jesus)- Christian Answers Network
christiananswers.net/dictionary/mary-motherof...
Mary was the wife of Joseph and the mother of Jesus Christ, who was conceived within her by the Holy Spirit when she was a virgin. She is often called the “Virgin ...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#544304 Jun 16, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post.
By the way it also launches,with Daniels reading of the Kings dream...regarding the empire's..
Public schools have kicked out God ......NEW Catholic teaching is,that we may be evolved from other biological species. I NEVER learned that in the old days...too bad they caved imo ....such is,modern man..but they do say God created these,other life forms,that evolved..public schools,won't even teach intelligent design.
The bible tells us,exactly what God says...the rest is,all theory , changes all the time..the,BIBLE does not ....
And everyone,keeps ignoring. Exactly what happened in the flood ...not only did it rain , the fountains,deep within the earth erupted, basically stirring up every layer of the,earth from the inside,out ..thinking of a super blender.
.a,great enigma ,on modern science by the,Creator , IMO ...all those,billions,of years,worth of layers???? Lol ...I wonder if angels,laugh out loud as,man keeps insisting he,knows better than what God said. But it's,a new,religion..that's,sad
The,ONLY BIG BANG would have been the voice of the,Creator .....
Concerning biological evolution, the Church does not have an official position on whether various life forms developed over the course of time. However, it says that, if they did develop, then they did so under the impetus and guidance of God, and their ultimate creation must be ascribed to him.

Concerning human evolution, the Church has a more definite teaching. It allows for the possibility that man’s body developed from previous biological forms, under God’s guidance, but it insists on the special creation of his soul. Pope Pius XII declared that "the teaching authority of the Church does not forbid that, in conformity with the present state of human sciences and sacred theology, research and discussions ... take place with regard to the doctrine of evolution, in as far as it inquires into the origin of the human body as coming from pre-existent and living matter—[but] the Catholic faith obliges us to hold that souls are immediately created by God" (Pius XII, Humani Generis 36). So whether the human body was specially created or developed, we are required to hold as a matter of Catholic faith that the human soul is specially created; it did not evolve, and it is not inherited from our parents, as our bodies are.

While the Church permits belief in either special creation or developmental creation on certain questions, it in no circumstances permits belief in atheistic evolution.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...

(Pope Pius XII was Pope from 1939 - 1958)
Liam

United States

#544305 Jun 16, 2014
yon wrote:
That any hierarchical group claims to be the "true religion" is nonsense because religion is nonsense. It's not that it doesn't contain some truth, it's just that it also contains error and lies. Like water laced with arsenic. And it's traditions trump the truth. EG - the mass is very mystical and somewhat comforting - but totally unbiblical. Ditto Protestant churches with their steeples that represent erect penises - very masonic. Not to mention that both ignore THE SABBATH and THE NAME of the CREATOR. See the first four COMMANDMENTS and not some catechism invented by men.
You mentioned last week that you were raised anti Catholic. Chances are, you won't look at Christianity through any other lense. That's unfortunate. I'm always amazed at how little anti Catholics actually know about Catholicism. Yet, they are so sure its not truth. The Bible fell from the sky; complete with chapters and verses. Right? You read about the Sabbath and people told you the pagan Roman Empire changed it. Whatever.... it makes sense to you. And when we present you all with facts, do you step back and consider you may be wrong? Hell no. You all grow more bitter. And more ignorant. Embracing even more lies. That's the part that baffles me, Yon. Because believe me, if the claims of the Catholic Church didn't check out, I wouldn't hesitate to leave her.
Liam

United States

#544306 Jun 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Hello....man called of God..care to comment????
Mary (mother of Jesus)- Christian Answers Network
christiananswers.net/dictionary/mary-motherof...
Mary was the wife of Joseph and the mother of Jesus Christ, who was conceived within her by the Holy Spirit when she was a virgin. She is often called the “Virgin ...
Your whole goal is to antagonize people. What a joke you are.
So what if Preston says Mary wasn't the Mother of Our Lord? You are no different. You read our Bible and decided Jesus wasn't God. You are both fools. I don't mind you being on here though, as you two prove the anarchy of Protestanism.
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#544307 Jun 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Christ is a title, Titles have no mothers. A title is a prefix, a prefix has no mother, a title is a suffix, a suffix has no mother.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#544308 Jun 16, 2014
Bishop Calls for ‘Love and Forgiveness’ in Wake of Priest Slaying

Young Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter Father Kenneth Walker said to have ‘fulfilled his heart’s desire in becoming a priest.’

by KATHLEEN NAAB 06/16/2014

PHOENIX — As his diocese mourns the shooting death of a 28-year-old priest, the bishop of Phoenix says that the only response to violence is “always love and forgiveness.”

Bishop Thomas Olmsted said this on EWTN News Nightly in response to questions regarding the June 11 murder of Father Kenneth Walker, a priest ordained only two years ago for the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter.

Father Walker served as assistant priest at Mater Misericordiae Parish in Phoenix. He and his Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter confrere, Father Joseph Terra, 56, the pastor, were attacked late Wednesday evening in what might have been an attempted robbery. Phoenix police said they believe Father Terra was attacked first and that Father Walker tried to intervene and was shot. He died later at the hospital.

A solemn high requiem Mass will be offered for the repose of Father Walker’s soul at 10am Monday, June 16, at St. Catherine of Siena Parish in Phoenix.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/bishop-c...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#544309 Jun 16, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
But since most religions develop out of some perception of the truth, as least the Catholic religion has its supporters for about 2000 years now. Though not proof of truth, it goes a long way towards it...
______
The Roman catholic religious system is one of the most selfish religious egotistical, self serving organizations on the planet...
They claim to have a franchise .and a monopoly on Christianity .... yet wile claiming copyright the pattern and the patent of God eternal plan of salvation
Yet...
Their inventions and private interpretations have no similarity to God's plan of redemption, his eternal covenant nor his testament..
The purpose of Christ coming is...
Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
His plan of salvation is
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
The plan of the Roman Catholic Church..is...
WE DON'T CARE WHAT JESUS SAID NOR WHAT HIS PURPOSE IS/WAS....OUR
RELIGIOUS SYSTEM TRUMPS HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION....
WE CONTROL IT ALL....
WE ARE GOD
confronting

It is your opinion, "The Roman catholic religious system is one of the most selfish religious egotistical, self serving organizations on the planet...

They claim to have a franchise .and a monopoly on Christianity .... yet wile claiming copyright the pattern and the patent of God eternal plan of salvation "

It is not a matter of fact. In a sense I can agree with you that there are corrupted people in the hierarchy of the RCC. But that is true of all Churches.

Jesus Christ is center stage in the RCC, and so it is in the Mass, the set up of the Church itself, and encouragement toward Bible studies.

I am not one for pomp and circumstance, and ritualized commune, but it is a reminder of, and teaching through a visual and symbolic action toward the worship of God.

To know scripture is to know Christ....St. Jerome.

Peace
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#544310 Jun 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"Isolated and remote"....really????
Over the past several decades some major newspapers have been exposing the problem of priestly sexual abuse of boys, girls, women – and even nuns – within the Roman Catholic Church here in the United States of America. Please carefully consider the following quotations
“A large part of the history of [Ed.: mandatory] celibacy is the story of the degradation of women and – an invariable consequence – frequent abortions and infanticide.
In the ninth century, many monasteries were the haunts of homosexuals; many convents were brothels in which babies were killed and buried…Promiscuity was rife in monasteries and convents. The great Ivo of Chartres (1040-1115) tells of whole convents with inmates who were nunsonly in name. They had often been abandoned by their families and were really prostitutes.”– Peter de Rosa (“Vicars of Christ”; 1988; Pages 404 and 408)
....Terrible!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#544311 Jun 16, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>history and miracles works better then being here as an anti-religion hating freak.
....So, what miracles have happened to you?

....Did you know people who believe in other deities than you, claim miracles happen to them? Of course only your God creates miracles.

....why so angry? You have an opinion, I have an opinion
but you start with the childish insults.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#544312 Jun 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting
It is your opinion, "The Roman catholic religious system is one of the most selfish religious egotistical, self serving organizations on the planet...
They claim to have a franchise .and a monopoly on Christianity .... yet wile claiming copyright the pattern and the patent of God eternal plan of salvation "
It is not a matter of fact. In a sense I can agree with you that there are corrupted people in the hierarchy of the RCC. But that is true of all Churches.
Jesus Christ is center stage in the RCC, and so it is in the Mass, the set up of the Church itself, and encouragement toward Bible studies.
I am not one for pomp and circumstance, and ritualized commune, but it is a reminder of, and teaching through a visual and symbolic action toward the worship of God.
To know scripture is to know Christ....St. Jerome.

Peace
You wrote

Jesus needs no position among others CENTER STAGE OR OTHERWISE...

HE HAS NO PEERS!

Rev_1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev_1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and,
Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev_22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

If you ever meet Him personally you will understand..

SO WILL THOSE THAT DEMEAN HIM IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
NewsPhotos

Marietta, GA

#544313 Jun 16, 2014

*Revelation's FALSE PROPHET ---- ID'd (*News/photos)

http://youtu.be/YK8JdBd-gCY

Location hidden

#544314 Jun 16, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole goal is to antagonize people. What a joke you are.
So what if Preston says Mary wasn't the Mother of Our Lord? You are no different. You read our Bible and decided Jesus wasn't God. You are both fools. I don't mind you being on here though, as you two prove the anarchy of Protestanism.
Am sorry the Gospel Truth from God's Word antagonizes you...I did not decide Christ wasn't God...His Word says Christ was equal to God..I accept His teaching...I believe His Word...I repeat His truth. quote: Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: God said of Christ "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." In the Garden of Gethsemane Christ prayed to His Father..You should join me...your Apostle's Creed says in part: "I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth: 2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son,"

Preston is calling God a liar when he insist that Mary is not the mother of Jesus..contrary as taught in Scripture.....yet he says he is called of God....I am sure God called him and it was something not very flattering...based on his words...

Location hidden

#544315 Jun 16, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is a title, Titles have no mothers. A title is a prefix, a prefix has no mother, a title is a suffix, a suffix has no mother.
You are omitting what I wrote...because you can't refute the truth..

Thanks for reconfirming that my post regards you calling the Word of God lies is gospel truth..Your words say it all.

Mother: A female person who is pregnant with or gives birth to a child.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.(That means she was pregnant...honest!!!!)

And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.

And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

You need help, Ask your granddaughter to help you...the one that refers to God Almighty as god....

Location hidden

#544316 Jun 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Terrible!
But true....

Location hidden

#544317 Jun 16, 2014
Hey man called of God....

Since you call God a liar, you should have no problem calling the Catholics liars...right???

Mary the Blessed Virgin - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online
www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php...
The Mother, of God, Mother of Jesus, wife of St. Joseph, and the greatest of all ... As Christ possesses two natures, human and divine, Mary was the Mother of ...
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

#544318 Jun 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Since you call God a liar,...
ROTFLOL@U/

I call YOU a liar.

others on here call you even worse.LOL

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544319 Jun 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
... and other gay men join up because they knew there were a lot of gay clergy.
...much like a lot of lesbians become prison guards they love being in charge of the females and love the pat downs.
I doubt that! I think if they knew that prayer hadn't worked for the homosexual priests to make them over into heterosexuals, they would know it also wouldn't work "miracles" for them.

And I doubt that lesbians would be that desperate for female company that they would choose to be prison guards in order to molest other women. That is an insult to lesbians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) 1 hr untilthelighttak ... 209
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 1 hr untilthelighttak ... 7
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr untilthelighttak ... 84,125
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 11 hr KristoFMYsagun 11
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Married in 9,204
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... Fri the AWSOME Cowboy 1
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Thu untilthelighttak ... 2
More from around the web