Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699460 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Toms River, NJ

#544649 Jun 19, 2014
From Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone’s address at the March for Marriage in Washington DC:

And let us not forget: we must also proclaim this truth especially with love for those who disagree with us on this issue, and most of all, for those who are hostile toward us. We must be careful, though, not to paint our opponents on this issue with broad strokes. There is a tendency in our culture to do this to groups of people the powerful don’t know and think they don’t like. We must not do that. We must recognize that there are people on the other side of this debate who are of good will and are sincerely trying to promote what they think is right and fair. It is misdirected good will. But even those from whom we suffer retribution – and I know some of you have suffered in very serious ways because of your stand for marriage – still, we must love them. That is what our ancestors in faith did, and we must, too. Yes, it is easy to become resentful when you are relentlessly and unfairly painted as a bigot and are punished for publicly standing by the basic truth of marriage as a foundational societal good; it is tempting to respond in kind. Don’t. For those of us who are Catholic, we just heard our Master command us in the gospel proclaimed at Mass the day before yesterday:“love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you”(Mt 5:44). We must not allow the angry rhetoric to co-opt us into a culture of hate.
http://www.sfarchdiocese.org/about-us/archbis...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#544650 Jun 19, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I see - near the bottom - at the coals.....
:o)
:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#544651 Jun 19, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Brain damage.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#544652 Jun 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake...
You're dumber than a bag of beans, boy.

That's why you need to revert to your repetitive nonsense whenever you get nailed being dumb, dishonest, or both, as in this case.
Michael

Canada

#544653 Jun 19, 2014
Regina wrote:
From Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone’s address at the March for Marriage in Washington DC:
And let us not forget: we must also proclaim this truth especially with love for those who disagree with us on this issue, and most of all, for those who are hostile toward us. We must be careful, though, not to paint our opponents on this issue with broad strokes. There is a tendency in our culture to do this to groups of people the powerful don’t know and think they don’t like. We must not do that. We must recognize that there are people on the other side of this debate who are of good will and are sincerely trying to promote what they think is right and fair. It is misdirected good will. But even those from whom we suffer retribution – and I know some of you have suffered in very serious ways because of your stand for marriage – still, we must love them. That is what our ancestors in faith did, and we must, too. Yes, it is easy to become resentful when you are relentlessly and unfairly painted as a bigot and are punished for publicly standing by the basic truth of marriage as a foundational societal good; it is tempting to respond in kind. Don’t. For those of us who are Catholic, we just heard our Master command us in the gospel proclaimed at Mass the day before yesterday:“love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you”(Mt 5:44). We must not allow the angry rhetoric to co-opt us into a culture of hate.
http://www.sfarchdiocese.org/about-us/archbis...
........a society of truth and love you say.

......There wasn't much truth and love from your bishops and the knowing priests for years while your church coverup scandals were kept from you and the followers making complete fools out of all of you's.

.OH!....now you speak up, but only about others..........never your own
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544654 Jun 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly why you are a bible only Protestant!......
that is NOT an insult,HOJO.

that is exactly what Jesus has told us to do.

Matt 4:4

King James Bible
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

and that is the reason that I have heaven in my sight as my Eternal Home.

and since YOU are not a born again Christian, you can look hell in the face as your eternal home
hojo

Waconia, MN

#544655 Jun 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God explicitly teaches only the Bible is needed:
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Catlicks ignore the teaching against traditions and puts their traditions on equal par with the Bible..
The Council of Trent, held in the year 1545, declared that Tradition is of equal authority with the Bible
Christ said:
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book
That is also why you have over 42,200 contradicting , inconsistent and conflicting bible only "hodge-podge" interpreting denominations that "have NEVER nor will EVER agree on ANYTHING in the bible-----(except) attacking the One and Only historical and biblical TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible, that is firmly grounded, manifested , confirmed and authenticated In Jesus Christ and HIS One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church......... God "never was nor ever will be the author of your " bible only" confused, chaotic, separated and disordered Protestant denominations.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#544656 Jun 19, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God explicitly teaches only the Bible is needed:
The word "bible" isn't even IN the bible!!........You " fundies " just continue to (make it up) as you go along!......
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544657 Jun 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "bible" isn't even IN the bible!!........You " fundies " just continue to (make it up) as you go along!......
are you really this stupid or is this just an act to gain sympathy since you are a catholic.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544658 Jun 19, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Mo was like you, he rejected Christ.
If Muhammad didn't exist, there was no rejection of the Christ myth.

And If Muhammad did exist he had every right to reject Jesus, as " according to you" the only ones Jesus loved would be YOU and your ilk!

Silly people entertain silly myths.

Location hidden

#544659 Jun 19, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dumber than a bag of beans, boy.
That's why you need to revert to your repetitive nonsense whenever you get nailed being dumb, dishonest, or both, as in this case.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544660 Jun 19, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well, it's one of the two, eh?
I meant in one context in one post and in another context in another post.

Take it with whatever meaning you want to take it.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544661 Jun 19, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
What gets me June, is that jesus said we are not accountable for our fathers' sins, yet we "inherit" original sin. Now what's wrong with this picture, folks?
The Catholic church fathers wrote the Jesus myth and they put into the mouth of the character whatever THEY wanted to imply.

Had they been honest they would have said "WE hate Judaism and WE hate the Jews. And our aim is to create a new religion."

But honesty was never their policy.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#544662 Jun 19, 2014
who="Sherlayne"]< quoted text>
What gets me June, is that jesus said we are not accountable for our fathers' sins, yet we "inherit" original sin. Now what's wrong with this picture, folks?

----------
Nothing is wrong with that picture. "Original sin" resulted when Adam disobeyed God's instruction, and obeyed a direct temptation from the devil. He then accused God and the woman, rather than take responsibility for his action.(He might have been forgiven.)("It was that WOMAN that YOU gave me," he said.)(Woman has been blamed ever since!) That was all God's responsibility.

When legal courts were being formed under the judgment/care of men, they were instructed not to make a son pay for his father's sins/deeds. Adam blamed God and the woman for his sin; the woman blamed the serpent. The human court is to recognize the individual responsibility.

Psychiatrists have convinced us today that our misdeeds are due to someone elses mistreatment of us. But we have a choice; no one else can 'make' us do anything. We are responsible for our own deeds...and human courts are to deal only with the individuals responsibility.

God will administer justice to those that human courts cannot touch...only He knows the heart well enough to do so. God gave a remedy for all of this when He sent His Son so that "whosoever will" might be forgiven ( their own sin), and instructs each of us to forgive those who trespass against us.

Location hidden

#544663 Jun 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is also why you have over 42,200 contradicting , inconsistent and conflicting bible only "hodge-podge" interpreting denominations that "have NEVER nor will EVER agree on ANYTHING in the bible-----(except) attacking the One and Only historical and biblical TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible, that is firmly grounded, manifested , confirmed and authenticated In Jesus Christ and HIS One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church......... God "never was nor ever will be the author of your " bible only" confused, chaotic, separated and disordered Protestant denominations.
And there are no disagreements in the RCC..right???

WASHINGTON, D.C., February 20, 2014 ( LifeSiteNews.com )– A worldwide poll of self-described Catholics shows significant disagreement with Catholic doctrine among many Church members.

In a poll commissioned by the Spanish television station Univision, majorities of 12,038 Catholics in 12 countries expressed beliefs against Catholic doctrine on issues like abortion, same-sex “marriage,” and contraceptive use. The Church opposes all three.

According to the poll, while Pope Francis received 87 percent approval, 57 percent of Catholics thought abortion should be legal “in some cases,” with nine percent declaring support any time. Seventy-eight percent of respondents support contraception use, 66 percent back same-sex “marriage,” and 51 percent believe women should be priests.

Thirty-eight percent of respondents believe divorce and remarriage outside of the Church means a person is living in sin, and 47 percent believe priests should be allowed to marry.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544664 Jun 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church
A Jewish rabbi preaching in a Catholic church.

:)

Silly silly hojo and his anti-Semitic bible ... on a run to nowhere but to more stupidity.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544665 Jun 19, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>now your savior is darwin. LOL
Those were your words ... not mine.

Location hidden

#544666 Jun 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither are the words Roman Catholic Church....nor Catholic church....nor Catholic..pope..
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544667 Jun 19, 2014
Regina wrote:
Presbyterians Move Toward Recognizing Gay Marriage
DETROIT — Jun 19, 2014, 3:57 PM
Associated Press
The top legislative body of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) has taken major steps toward recognizing gay marriage.
Had religion never existed, they would never have had to back-track what they first claimed was truth from a god.

Even when I was under the spell of religion, I never did believe that a god would judge homosexuals as being offensive when they had consensual sex.

And because I never believed it, I never judged them as being of less worth than me TO a god ... thankfully.

After all those centuries of Christians putting homosexuals into prisons and worse ... putting them to death ... I wonder if (metaphorically stating) once a bell is rung if it can ever be unrung?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#544668 Jun 19, 2014
Imagine the screams of homosexuals being burned in the flames as the Catholic church fathers stood by stating that GOD approved of the behavior.

Just imagine!

Can you still hear their screams of agony echoing through the universal time machine???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43