Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668058 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#544592 Jun 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
SO???
Which one of those men of religion weren't pedophiles???
I'm not in charge of roll call.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#544593 Jun 19, 2014
From my perspective there was no Muhammad to BE a pedophile, but that concept would not please the men of Islam either, as it would take away their RIGHTS.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

What is thighing?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#544594 Jun 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I was hesitant to reveal that I was Pentecostal because I sensed that some hypocrite would attack the Work of the Holy Spirit, and blaspheme the Holy Ghost..
Before the Apostle Paul was ever thought of....
THE PROPHET ISAIAH WROTE OF WHAT JOHN BAPTIST WOULD REFER TO LATER
JOHN LATER SPOKE OF THAT WHICH WOULD TRANSPIRE ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST
JOHN SAID OF JESUS
.Mat_3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
(NOTE)
he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Luk_3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose:
(NOTE)
he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
ISAIAH SAID YOU HYPOCRITES WOULD BE SURPRISED, AND AFRAID OF WE THAT DWELL IN THE DEVOUTING FIRE OF THE HOLY GHOST...
Isa 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire?
who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
Isa 33:15 He that walketh righteously, and
speaketh uprightly;
he that despiseth the gain of oppressions,
that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes,
that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and
shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;
Isa 33:16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
Isa 33:17 Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.
Isa 33:18 Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers?
(NOTE)
Isa 33:19 Thou shalt not see a fierce people,
a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive;
of a stammering tongue,
that thou canst not understand.
~~~

LET HIM THAT READS THIS.... UNDERSTAND ...COMPREHEND....THE REST THAT COMES THROUGH THE PENTECOSTAL EXPERIENCE

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

(NOTE)
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Isa 28:12 To whom he said,

This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and

this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Prince George, Canada

#544595 Jun 19, 2014
Who would know if a pope was a pedophile???

Who would know if Martin Luther was a pedophile???

It was "customary" to make religion appear as HOLY. The truth of such matters was swept under rugs by those that held the power.

Prince George, Canada

#544596 Jun 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
LET HIM THAT READS THIS.... UNDERSTAND ...COMPREHEND....THE REST THAT COMES THROUGH THE PENTECOSTAL EXPERIENCE
Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
(NOTE)
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said,
This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and
this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
Martin Luther took his LEAD from the Catholic bible.

I suggest that you stop trying to CON people!!!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#544597 Jun 19, 2014
"Stories (myths, scriptures, legends, etc.) can also trivialize. Offered indelicately, taken too literally, stories become reductionist tools, rendering things neat and therefore false. Even as we must revere and cherish the masks we variously create, Campbell reminds us, we must not mistake the masks of God for God." - Melanie Tem, The Man on the Ceiling

Religion is believing the myth is reality instead of what it really addresses.

Religion mistakes the menu for the meal.
Literalists spiritually starve to death.

Prince George, Canada

#544598 Jun 19, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in charge of roll call.
Well then, I suggest you don't comment at all on pedophilia.

If Muhammad existed, he was far from being the only pedophile in religious "close-knit"-circles .

More and more those in all religions as adults are exposing the pedophiles that molested them when they were children.

Pedophilia was and is common-place.

Prince George, Canada

#544599 Jun 19, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Literalists spiritually starve to death.
All devotees in all religions take their teachings in the literal sense, as being the top-notch spiritual leaders.

I don't believe that we ARE creatures with spirits that attach to the wisdom of a creator.

I suggest that we are emotionally driven animals and that the emotions that drive us are selfish to the core.

The very idea that some know universal truth and others are deprived of universal truth stems from the selfish mindset of those in religion.

Preachers all want me to believe that they are spiritually WISE and that I am spiritually bankrupt ... simply because I won't believe that their specific religion has a direct line to the one and only universal truth according to a god.

GOOD GRIEF!!!
smegma

Vacaville, CA

#544600 Jun 19, 2014
pretty sure amun has been around a lot longer than your jesus
marge

Leesburg, GA

#544601 Jun 19, 2014
Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Michael

Canada

#544602 Jun 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don' t listen to "told you so's" from (half-truth, half-heresy) bible only judgmental Protestant "hack" preachers (like you) who have "appointed themselves" to relieve God of HIS ultimate responsibility deciding who is saved and who is not ---AND ---who is going to heaven and who is not..........You "fundies" have (no authority) in determining ANYONE else's Salvation even though your egotistical pride, conceit and self importance tells you otherwise!.......
....Your still on spin cycle.
Michael

Canada

#544603 Jun 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, cowboy, are a typical Protestant self proclaimed bible only judgemental preacher who twists, manipulates and distorts bible verses from Gods Word ALL to your own demise and destruction by inserting the word "Catholic" into the book of Revelations.... For over 35 years, as a former Protestant,I listened to "bible only self interpreting "hack" ministers (just like you)---blow Protestant Propaganda "polluted" smoke into the minds, hearts and souls of the youth of our bible only Church...... I thank God that His Son Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit led me out of this half-truth, half-heresy--judgmental and condemning ( so- called Christianity) into the biblical and historical PROVEN and AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church...... Go argue with the rest of your other 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent bible only "fundies" who are as "desperate" as you are in spreading your anti-catholic bible only spinning and twisting of Gods Word and attacking the TRUTH of the ONLY TRUE BIBLICAL Interpretation of the bible that the Early Church Fathers gave us in382,393,and 397 AD-----"who wrote the bible"!.....
.....What is the message that 155 Million educated protestant Americans aren't getting that you 68 million catholics (17 million practicing catholics) are getting?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#544604 Jun 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All devotees in all religions take their teachings in the literal sense, as being the top-notch spiritual leaders.
I don't believe that we ARE creatures with spirits that attach to the wisdom of a creator.
I suggest that we are emotionally driven animals and that the emotions that drive us are selfish to the core.
The very idea that some know universal truth and others are deprived of universal truth stems from the selfish mindset of those in religion.
Preachers all want me to believe that they are spiritually WISE and that I am spiritually bankrupt ... simply because I won't believe that their specific religion has a direct line to the one and only universal truth according to a god.
GOOD GRIEF!!!
I somewhat agree. I think religion is used to mask emotions and feelings instead of dealing with them. I do not believe in deities but I do believe the entire universe to be a single entity of which we are just a small part of and that as a whole the universe MAY have a consciousness all its own. Sadly in the USA it seems I am not allowed to call that single entity "God".

Location hidden

#544605 Jun 19, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you for being embarrassed, thief.
Next time, consider thieving from a quality source.
Dummy.
Crawl back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#544606 Jun 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, cowboy, are a typical Protestant self proclaimed bible only judgemental preacher who twists, manipulates and distorts bible verses from Gods Word ALL to your own demise and destruction by inserting the word "Catholic" into the book of Revelations.... For over 35 years, as a former Protestant,I listened to "bible only self interpreting "hack" ministers (just like you)---blow Protestant Propaganda "polluted" smoke into the minds, hearts and souls of the youth of our bible only Church...... I thank God that His Son Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit led me out of this half-truth, half-heresy--judgmental and condemning ( so- called Christianity) into the biblical and historical PROVEN and AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only One) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church...... Go argue with the rest of your other 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent bible only "fundies" who are as "desperate" as you are in spreading your anti-catholic bible only spinning and twisting of Gods Word and attacking the TRUTH of the ONLY TRUE BIBLICAL Interpretation of the bible that the Early Church Fathers gave us in382,393,and 397 AD-----"who wrote the bible"!.....
look at how stupid that you are HOJO!

I quoted the words of Jesus, how could any intelligent person take a look at my words and claim that I have distorted them?

John 3:3

King James Bible
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

see there, just exactly what I said that He said.

your ignorance knows no boundaries, does it?

you continue on and on NOT KNOWING what Jesus says, and when we tell you, you stoop to the level of satan who rages at His Word.

Why do the Heathen Rage?

Rebellion is refusing to humble oneself under the authority of God.

Psalm 2, Acts 4

you have placed yourself under the Authority of the popery rather than live under the Grace of God.

I unlike you am a free man, not beholding to any person to tell me what the Word of God says, I have the freedom to read it for myself. and if you could read, then you would have known that what I said was the TRUTH

Location hidden

#544607 Jun 19, 2014
togo <quoted text>
You (bible only's worship God in YOUR own way and we as Catholics will "continue" (as we have for over 2000 years) to worship God in the "TRUTH" of HIS way, in and through HIS historically and biblically (proven) One True Apostolic Catholic Church -the Bride of Christ!.......

Watabouit tojo????

Tojo....look!!! "the National Catholic Reporter, a weekly magazine in the US" Is this news media also anti-Catholic?????

BBC News - Tuam children's bodies: Catholic Church 'has ...
www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27710206
Jun 5, 2014 - The site of a mass grave for children who died in the Tuam mother and baby ... "As the diocese did not have any involvement in the running of the ... Another congregation of nuns, which ran three mother and baby .... This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. Is the BBC also an anti-Catholic liberal news agency??????

Location hidden

#544608 Jun 19, 2014
Jesus He not be God...He be sent by God...

“This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

Location hidden

#544609 Jun 19, 2014
This is bunk:
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Tojo.....is that published by an anti-Catholic liberal news agency???

Prince George, Canada

#544610 Jun 19, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I somewhat agree. I think religion is used to mask emotions and feelings instead of dealing with them. I do not believe in deities but I do believe the entire universe to be a single entity of which we are just a small part of and that as a whole the universe MAY have a consciousness all its own. Sadly in the USA it seems I am not allowed to call that single entity "God".
Surely you jest. You don't get in trouble for using the term "God" or "Deity" ... as long as you agree which group the God or the Deity loves and which group the God or the Deity will reject to hell.

THAT is when the waters MUDDY and people are ready to kill to defend their beliefs as universal truth.

If you believe the universe has a consciousness ... why did that consciousness choose to have suffering in its realm.

Can you give a satisfactory answer to that question, that would in turn please you???

NO human opinion in conjunction with that question would please me.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#544611 Jun 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you!
By the way, how are your contacts doing these day that know the source that created your "spirit?"
:)
So? My day will still be pleasant even without your belief in certain truths June.
Spirit was not created June. It always was and is and will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 3 hr Mike Schmidt 342
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 20 Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web