Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685540 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543677 Jun 12, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So am I to assume that you disciple also believe in preston's theory? Or are you agreeing with him just because you will not agree with a Catholic,since you are adamant about the fact that there are SIDES to take,and Catholics are wrong no matter what?
I have never heard of Mary being a surrogate mother to Jesus,such a thing was never discussed in an group I ever went to for fellowship. Nor has a minister of the gospel ever preached as fact that Mary was a surrogate,and not the biological mother of the Lord.What does your denomination believe on this matter?
AT NO TIME HAVE I EVER SPOKEN OR ASSUMED THAT MARY DID NOT GIVE BIRTH TO JESUS.

this devious post of your is exactly why I hold you in contempt.

I HAVE ASKED YOU SEVERAL TIMES TO ASK ANY DOCTOR IN THE HOSPITAL THAT YOU WORK IN, if an egg was used, would that person carry DNA from the mother.

that is all that you have ever had to do, then the TRUTH would be easy for you to understand.

the FACT that you have never heard this spoken of before is not my fault, I am smarter than you are and am able to think for my self.

I am not a doctor, tho I could have been. several doctors in my area were willing to pay for my education. in fact, I tore up a check made out to me for 12,000.00 from a doctor in Orlando, who was injured and I took care of him in the hospital and he told Dr. Schrader that when that was gone to let him know and he would send more. others were also willing since they saw the talent that I possessed, but I chose to go in another direction, even tho it is closely related to the field of medicine.

but my secular employment has nothing to do with my calling to Preach His Word.

again, if an egg of Mary was used, this makes Jesus half human. how difficult is that to understand, unless you are an obstinate individual like xbore?

but if God places an embryo into her womb, the taint of humanity is not induced into this embryo, yet the embryo will and does attach itself to her womb until Birthing.

this is how I understand what happened. conceiving does not necessarily mean that God got mary pregnant by fertilizing her egg.it means simple the BEGINNING of this Birthing.

Now if that is above any understanding that you or others have, I have no objections to that. I will certainly ALLOW you to form and have your own opine.

allow me the Same courtesy, that is all that I ask.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543678 Jun 12, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I side with truth not denominations nor people and I opose all that the catholic religion represents. Maybe the wording is dificult to explain something supernatural as it is the birth of my Lord but I do understand fully what Preston is trying to get across and I fully support and agree with him.
I belong to no denomination, I'm a Bible purist.... Hey I like how that sounds...watch for those rocks coming!
Don't worry I will not waste any time trying to persuade you otherwise. However there is one point I must make: AS GOD,Jesus cannot possibly have a mother,and before ABRAHAM was,I AM,said the Lord Jesus speaking of His Total Divine Nature.

YET the Incarnation,Jesus becoming a human being with flesh and blood,is only speaking of his h u m a n Nature,as the Son of Man. He as man had a mother.AND basically He rose again from the dead in a glorified BODY,which holds all the attributes of a human body,He eats with the Apostles after His resurrection. No doubt He may not place His mother on some pedestal as some would today,but He surely has not forsaken her,and remembers her role as His mother.We cannot speak for Jesus on this and we can only say that HE alone has the final word on what relationship He had,has and will have with His mother Mary for an eternity!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#543679 Jun 12, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YEAH, REALLY. everyone knows that she was only a birth mother. especially when He said, "before Abraham was, I am"
He is God , He as God has no Mother, stupid.
even a doofus like you should know that Mary wasn't born before Abraham, so logically she could not be the mother of God.
that is catholic false doctrine.
next thing we know, you will be calling her Queen of Heaven also.
BTW, you don't possess the qualification to be a deacon in any Baptist church
Its easy to answer...it is either "Yes the Scripture you quoted are lies...Christ had no mother" or it is ""No, the Scripture you quoted are true and correct...Christ had a mother"

Really!!!! Then all of these Scripture verses are lies????? Mother: A female person who is pregnant with or gives birth to a child.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.

And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:

And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

United States

#543680 Jun 12, 2014
guest wrote:
..." I dont think guest would understand what TYPHOID FEVER does to a HOME with 200 CHILDREN inside."
-
Liam, what does TYPHOID FEVER do to the ADULTS in a home with 200 CHILDREN inside? THAT is the question you should be asking yourself.
-
... and along those same lines .... what does "ABSOLUTE POWER" (far, far more deadly than typhoid) do the the VATICAN filled with MEN (and pedophiles) inside who order the torture and murder of heretics?
-
-
Liam wrote:
You're using a tragic time period in Ireland's history for your personal vendetta. I expect nothing less from a sick individual like you. So much suffering happened to the Irish. You could care less. As long as the Catholic Church can somehow be put to blame... its all good for you! You're the lowest of the fanatics on here. The lowest of the Bible idolators!
-
-
There is NO period MORE tragic than the period where the Roman Catholic Church kept the lay people from reading and understanding The Bible.
-
The Inquisition and The Crusades are a direct result of the Catholic Church's power grab for sole control over the written Word of God.
-
By doing that they were able to keep torture and murder going full force -- for centuries.
and by having control for so long, many millions were murdered by the church.
-
The Catholic Church IS DIRECTLY TO BLAME for much of the suffering in the world today. We are STILL - ALL SUFFERING - from the fallout from the initial FULL OUT WARS the Catholic Church waged against so-called heretics. When Constantine said "In this sign conquer." It's not just the Irish.
-
Romans were not converted to Christianity to become Catholic. No. Pagans were embraced by Constantine and allowed to keep their Pagan practices - and a false Christianity was born. The Roman Catholic Church.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543681 Jun 12, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>AT NO TIME HAVE I EVER SPOKEN OR ASSUMED THAT MARY DID NOT GIVE BIRTH TO JESUS.
I HAVE ASKED YOU SEVERAL TIMES TO ASK ANY DOCTOR IN THE HOSPITAL THAT YOU WORK IN, if an egg was used, would that person carry DNA from the mother.
that is all that you have ever had to do, then the TRUTH would be easy for you to understand.
the FACT that you have never heard this spoken of before is not my fault, I am smarter than you are and am able to think for my self.
I am not a doctor, tho I could have been. several doctors in my area were willing to pay for my education. in fact, I tore up a check made out to me for 12,000.00 from a doctor in Orlando, who was injured and I took care of him in the hospital and he told Dr. Schrader that when that was gone to let him know and he would send more. others were also willing since they saw the talent that I possessed, but I chose to go in another direction, even tho it is closely related to the field of medicine.
again, if an egg of Mary was used, this makes Jesus half human. how difficult is that to understand, unless you are an obstinate individual like xbore?
but if God places an embryo into her womb, the taint of humanity is not induced into this embryo, yet the embryo will and does attach itself to her womb until Birthing.
this is how I understand what happened. conceiving does not necessarily mean that God got mary pregnant by fertilizing her egg.it means simple the BEGINNING of this Birthing.
Now if that is above any understanding that you or others have, I have no objections to that. I will certainly ALLOW you to form and have your own opine.
OK, and I will not discuss it any further either,as there is no way either one of us are going to agree.So you are asking in a very civil manner that I respect your right to form your own opinion, and I do! Good night! And may God richly bless your son who is in China,and your daughter who recently came to know the Lord as well.

Location hidden

#543682 Jun 12, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YEAH, REALLY. everyone knows that she was only a birth mother. especially when He said, "before Abraham was, I am"
He is God , He as God has no Mother, stupid.
even a doofus like you should know that Mary wasn't born before Abraham, so logically she could not be the mother of God.
that is catholic false doctrine.
next thing we know, you will be calling her Queen of Heaven also.
BTW, you don't possess the qualification to be a deacon in any Baptist church
Christ said God was His Father....You are calling Him a liar. He also said He was equal to God....you are, again, calling Him a liar.

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Location hidden

#543683 Jun 12, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not make me wrong about you teaming up with pagans idolaters against Christians it makes you one of them.
Infantile...not worthy of a response...

Location hidden

#543684 Jun 12, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text> I said,I DOUBT that God overshadowing Mary, and placing an active sperm into her womb to attach itself to an egg, is SEX." We know what the sperm does,why should we have to be so detailed about it? Oxbow I hope you don't think I meant anything else,but I DOUBT. Meaning basically I do not believe that God overshadowing the holy virgin,and placing an active sperm into her womb to attach itself to an egg, is SEX.
I don't see "doubt"...where is it??? Did I copy and paste in error????

Your words: God overshadowing Mary,and placing an active sperm into her womb to attach itself to an egg,is SEX.

But and however....if you did say ""doubt" that does not make your words "placing an active sperm into her womb to attach itself to an egg" correct...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#543685 Jun 12, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So am I to assume that you disciple also believe in preston's theory? Or are you agreeing with him just because you will not agree with a Catholic,since you are adamant about the fact that there are SIDES to take,and Catholics are wrong no matter what?
I have never heard of Mary being a surrogate mother to Jesus,such a thing was never discussed in an group I ever went to for fellowship. Nor has a minister of the gospel ever preached as fact that Mary was a surrogate,and not the biological mother of the Lord.What does your denomination believe on this matter?
Very nice to see you Pad a voice of reason. Blessings

United States

#543686 Jun 12, 2014
guest wrote:
Oh, I absolutely believe THIS statement of yours, "In the first century, the Jews failed in destroying the small universal Christian Church."
-
But the thing you fail to realize is that the TRUE Christian Church is NOT one and the same as your Roman Catholic Catholic church.
-
FAR from it.
-
See? Even the torturing, murdering Catholic Church has NOT been able to wipe TRUE Christianity from the face of the earth - even though they tried to ... for centuries! Proving, indeed, that the "gates of hell" have not prevailed.
-
Yes ... upon this rock ... starting with TRUTH.
-
TRUTH is not the foundation of the Catholic church - far from it - starting with their first and most blatant lie, when they insist on being called "Father" by going directly against the VERY CLEAR AND CONCISE WORDS of Christ himself. Matt 23:9.
and from there ....
it has been downhill all the way.
-
-
Liam wrote:
The Catholic Church are the only ones that can demonstrate the continuity of the word of God in every decade since Christ. You can't. Thats the bottom line, guest. Your existence is so new, we have photographs of the group who first came up with the "call no man Father" idea, after reading our sacred Scriptures. They could have just asked us what 'call no man father' means but noooo, they thought they could dictate for themselves what the Bible says. Several compounds later, and here you are, guest. The resident cook of the Koresh compound? Are you good with an AK 47?
-
-
The fist person to "come up with" the "call no man Father" idea ... was Jesus Christ himself.
-
The Scriptures are not "yours" - they belong to mankind.
-
and Koresh and AK 47 reference in regards to me? really?
-
does that mean I can inquire if YOU are adept at operating any one of the dozens of medieval torture devices used by Catholic Priests and officially sanctioned by Pope Innocent IV?
-
disciple

San Diego, CA

#543687 Jun 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Infantile...not worthy of a response...
And I got one again...still fuming I see...

Location hidden

#543688 Jun 12, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>AT NO TIME HAVE I EVER SPOKEN OR ASSUMED THAT MARY DID NOT GIVE BIRTH TO JESUS.
How do I talk with a fence post???

In the real world we live in....we all know what happens, most of the time, when a wife and husband have sex. We have been educated in school on the subject. We know about eggs, where they are, what happens when the male sperm penetrates the egg, we know about fetuses, embryos, gestation periods, etc etc etc...

The act of Mary conceiving as told in the Bible is a supernatural event...also known as a miracle. This miracle is not taught in any science class..You are denying this miracle. You are saying God lied when He said she would conceive, meaning to become pregnant, and you know He lied....you say you know she conceived not..that He attached an embryo in her womb.

You are a perfect example of the natural man told in Scripture...

Location hidden

#543689 Jun 12, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
And I got one again...still fuming I see...
Infantile...not worthy of a response
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543690 Jun 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
A memory still bothers me.
A woman of the Christian faith, heavy into the church sat crying because she was certain that her beloved family members who were not of the Christian faith were going to have to spend eternity in hell.
The preacher in church taught her that from heaven she would be able to watch her loved ones suffering forever in hell.
That was the message that Billy Graham taught his millions of followers before he admitted that just maybe he got the message wrong and that maybe all humans that are good might have a chance at being allowed into Christian heaven.
Billy thought that he was WISE ... "both times" ... simply because he could read words in a bible and preach them AT others as universal truth.
I've often thought about that woman, and wondered if she was ever able to escape religion to in turn free herself from such horrible thoughts.
I don't have those horrible thoughts,because I know that GOD is Perfect in His judgments,in that first He is wise,and knows what He created as both being GOOD,and by the will of human free will bad.EVIL is an act of the will,He created us and He knows that our free will can be rebellious and turn into evil.

We have no right to judge before the time,as Jesus said,and was confirmed by the Apostles. But we know that God who is LOVE,judges every human in His respect to what He willed for all of humanity.We are flawed,and unconditional love is in His will to overcome that which causes us grief. NOW that woman you mentioned,no doubt had real fears about eternity for her loved ones.Did you not warn confrint that if he continued on the path he was on,that he might get what he did not want? Was that HELL?

We all look into a dark picture,our youth is spent,and we fail to see that major decisions are needed in our lives.You are in a dangerous position June,because you get on this thread every day and declare all of us as being deluded,and that everything concerning our faith in God is basically rubbish,and trash from our own imaginations. The path you are on to speak ill of what you do not know(nor care to know about) will leave you very much in a vulnerable state.I do not know your end,so I cannot judge you and your soul,but you seem to be doing a good job of that yourself,when in fact you totally defy all that is of God. Your determination to eradicate any truth concerning any religion will follow you to your grave. All of what you say and do on this earth will be brought to your attention some day.AND it will not matter what anyone else said to you,because you will have to give an account only of yourself.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543691 Jun 12, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt very much that God overshadowing Mary,and placing an active sperm into her womb to attach itself to an egg,is SEX. No one even comes close to thinking that Mary had sex with the Father. You might get that from the Mormons Preston, but not from fellow Christians.I can't believe that you actually come to that conclusion about what God did to Mary.
What is sinful about The CREATOR placing an active spermatozoa in the womb of a virgin to germinate an egg? The mystery of the Incarnation is from that.NO God did not want angels coming to earth and having sex with women to bear superior beings.That is an evil intent which is interfering with God's plan for humanity.You have it all twisted somehow. The mechanics of conception or (conceived) requires a sperm and an egg,not some embryo already created outside of the womb. It is dynamic mechanics on the part of our LORD to do such to Mary,I fail to understand why your theory had to ever be one to begin with.
HERE you go Oxbow,this is what I said.I know its easy to miss words of other comments,I do it as well.Lets go on to other subjects.We are at an Impasse with the issue of our Lord's birth,it does defy imagination sometimes how different we all think,or perceive things. Take care!
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543692 Jun 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I talk with a fence post???
In the real world we live in....we all know what happens, most of the time, when a wife and husband have sex. We have been educated in school on the subject. We know about eggs, where they are, what happens when the male sperm penetrates the egg, we know about fetuses, embryos, gestation periods, etc etc etc...
The act of Mary conceiving as told in the Bible is a supernatural event...also known as a miracle. This miracle is not taught in any science class..You are denying this miracle. You are saying God lied when He said she would conceive, meaning to become pregnant, and you know He lied....you say you know she conceived not..that He attached an embryo in her womb.
You are a perfect example of the natural man told in Scripture...
thank you. your words shows how stupid that you are that you cant read. lol

what part of God placing an embryo in the womb of mary would not be a miracle?

it is the SAME power as getting mary pregnant.

IT ALL WORKS OUT THE SAME, STUPID.

the only difference between me and you is around 80 or 90 points in the IQ dept.

Mine was around 140 or so, yours is maybe 50 or lower.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543693 Jun 12, 2014
when other have a desire to move on, you xbore continue to show how ignorant a pro simian like you really is.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543694 Jun 12, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice to see you Pad a voice of reason. Blessings
Thank you Marge,I do not get on here daily,but in spurts.My wife also uses the same computer,and she has a lot to do on it.

I work a lot so,I know better than to try to horde the use of time with my wife.We have lap tops and so on,but actually I get tired of the same old arguments and the fact that none of us rarely ever agree on anything.Although I could give you a list of those who are tolerant of each other here,and although they may not agree on everything,they see each other with respect and so on. The Greek,NICK, really showed that in his posts,maybe it was because he worked directly with people on a daily basis.It is so sad that he is gone!

Thank you for your kind words Marge,hope all is well with you and your loved ones,we only have this one life to live.UNLESS you believe in reincarnation,maybe you will have to live another life,or come back as an insect because you were so bad.How great is the gospel of grace!(Too bad June if you don't like it!).
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543695 Jun 12, 2014
sure would like to look at your hand, xbore, to see if the simian line for the ignorant is apparent.lol
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#543696 Jun 13, 2014
truth wrote:
Please explain who is accuser!
Because you invest in the belief that others will go to hell and you will go to heaven ... YOU are an accuser.

However, I also am an accuser, because I believe that those who practice such religious beliefs caused and cause tremendous misery for other.

Image using words in a bible to in turn put homosexuals or people accused of being heretics and witches to death.

Just image the brutality and then tell me that your religion is based on holiness!

I DARE YOU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web