Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665489 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

disciple

San Diego, CA

#543547 Jun 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Christians do you think would side with Preston's latest heresy?
Since you are a catholic and I don't trust that you could speak the truth, I will let him tell me,(if he wishes) what you are trying to spin.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#543548 Jun 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice dodge there Tony.
You might as well face the fact that the Lord Jesus creates evil and enjoys the drama on a daily basis.
That's why he supports the institution of hell.
It's all very clear if you see the light at the end of Jesus' tunnel.
:)
Dodge? Me dodge a Biblical discussion? You must be trying to be funny but you're failing quite miserably. In fact I have already in the past once on this forum elucidated on that scripture and explained what was meant when it stated that the Lord creates evil. Most Christians probably weren't capable of cmprehending it so I know your poor head was probably spinig when I finished explaining it. Not my fault if it was above your level of Biblical comprehension.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543549 Jun 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"THOU shalt conceive IN THY womb"
Why would the angel sent by God tell her "YOU will conceive IN YOUR womb" (modern translation) if He was going to insert an already-conceived-outside-her- womb embryo?
ask God why it is written " a body hast thou prepared for me"

it follows that God prepared a body for Jesus to inhabit until His Sacrifice, and egg. in and of itself will not produce a body as I have said many times.

BUT an embryo will produce a body, again unlike just a single egg from a female.

this isn't very difficult for even you , to understand Anthony.

again(wow, I have seen some stupid people in my lifetime, but many of you take the cake)

conceive means simply put, a beginning. and this beginning was just beginning for Mary.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543550 Jun 11, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA comes from the egg, not the womb.
in this post that you responded to ,do I claim that DNA COMES FROM HER WOMB.

atemcowboy wrote:

<quoted text>the botton line is this.
Mary was not the mother of Jesus, as He said. Before Abraham was, I am.
she carried Him for nine months, no one argues about that, she gave Birth to Him, no one argues about that, but I refuse to accept the belief that Jesus was related to mary in any way shape of form.
again and again, I must point out, if Jesus is related to her then her egg had to have been used, which again makes Him half human.
I am not backing down on this, I unlike you am to intelligent enough to believe that if her egg was used, then he was fully human.
His humanity comes because the embryo forms itself to her womb, and then and only then do the human characteristics come into being.
It cant be one or the other, it can only be ONE WAY, and I choose my Way.

and since you also ARE stating that DNA comes for her egg, then he will be half human(her DNA) and since God is spirit, He has no DNA to give to the baby.

and since Jesus cared for others as he said , On the contrary (speaking against His mother mary) Blessed are those who Hear the Word.

and Today, we (well some of us) fully understand that an egg doesn't make a mother and that sperm doesn't make a father. it does make the man a sperm donor, and the woman an egg donor.

lots of good men that have become fathers to children not their own flesh and blood, and also women have became mothers to foster children, and both do that because of the love of humanity.

and if oxbore had any children, I imagine that his wives had to lean on other men to become their fathers.

None of you catholics with oxbore at your side can prove me wrong, as RoS said several times, it is a mystery that will be revealed some day.

and I fully believe that many catholics (oxbore 2) will never find out how that mystery was performed
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543551 Jun 11, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are a catholic and I don't trust that you could speak the truth, I will let him tell me,(if he wishes) what you are trying to spin.
hard to tell what Anthony is talking about, speaking the Truth is not of his forte
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#543552 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>in this post that you responded to ,do I claim that DNA COMES FROM HER WOMB.
atemcowboy wrote:
she carried Him for nine months, no one argues about that, she gave Birth to Him, no one argues about that, but I refuse to accept the belief that Jesus was related to mary in any way shape of form.
again and again, I must point out, if Jesus is related to her then her egg had to have been used, which again makes Him half human.
I am not backing down on this, I unlike you am to intelligent enough to believe that if her egg was used, then he was fully human.
His humanity comes because the embryo forms itself to her womb, and then and only then do the human characteristics come into being.
and since you also ARE stating that DNA comes for her egg, then he will be half human(her DNA) and since God is spirit, He has no DNA to give to the baby.
and since Jesus cared for others as he said , On the contrary (speaking against His mother mary) Blessed are those who Hear the Word.
and Today, we (well some of us) fully understand that an egg doesn't make a mother and that sperm doesn't make a father. it does make the man a sperm donor, and the woman an egg donor.
lots of good men that have become fathers to children not their own flesh and blood, and also women have became mothers to foster children, and both do that because of the love of humanity.
and if oxbore had any children, I imagine that his wives had to lean on other men to become their fathers.
None of you catholics with oxbore at your side can prove me wrong, as RoS said several times, it is a mystery that will be revealed some day.
and I fully believe that many catholics (oxbore 2) will never find out how that mystery was performed
You wrote: "His humanity comes because the embryo forms itself to her womb, and then and only then do the human characteristics come into being."

Now, once again....DNA comes from the egg, not the womb.
I rest my case.

As for the rest of your rant....Wow! You observe no boundaries whatsoever, there's {nothing} you won't say in an attempt to verbally annihilate someone you consider an "enemy". Now I see where the connection is, no wonder! Yes, you were a "brother" all right, no doubt about it. You can't tolerate criticism, either real or perceived. It calls for total destruction. Phew!
I feel more sorry for you than ever. And for your supposed "friends" for letting you go on this way without correction. With friends like that, who needs enemies? Good luck, Preston, you're going to need it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#543553 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>in this post that you responded to ,do I claim that DNA COMES FROM HER WOMB.
atemcowboy wrote:
Foolish mortal. Christ is not half human and half God. Christ was fully human and fully God. He had two natures. He has a divine nature thanks to God the Father and He also had a human nature thanks to Mary His mother.

Scripture tells us that the word became flesh and dwelt among us. It did not say that the word became half flesh and dwelt among us. You are stuck on stupid and glued to dumb and I can sense the utterance of a demonic spirit issuing forth from you.

To the forum. Can you guys not discern the presence of a demonic spirit trying to take away the humanity of Christ from Him. Christ was fully GOD nd He was also fully HUMAN.

When the Spirit of God moved on Mary, it caused Mary's egg to go through the exact same physical attributes that any other woman goes through when she gets pregnant but the conceptio was IMMACULATE,MIRACULOUS therefore Christ was an OVUM,ZYGOTE,EMBRYO AND FINALLY A FETUS.

He inherited because of His flesh / human nature the DNA that Mary had that she inherited from her parents all the way back to Adam.

Rebuke this lying and deceiving spirit that is speaking through AtemCowboy.
Anthony MN

United States

#543554 Jun 11, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure who you're a disciple of but it ain't Jesus if you subscribe to Preston's heresy.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543555 Jun 11, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote: "His humanity comes because the embryo forms itself to her womb, and then and only then do the human characteristics come into being."
Now, once again....DNA comes from the egg, not the womb.
I rest my case.
As for the rest of your rant....Wow! You observe no boundaries whatsoever, there's {nothing} you won't say in an attempt to verbally annihilate someone you consider an "enemy". Now I see where the connection is, no wonder! Yes, you were a "brother" all right, no doubt about it. You can't tolerate criticism, either real or perceived. It calls for total destruction. Phew!
I feel more sorry for you than ever. And for your supposed "friends" for letting you go on this way without correction. With friends like that, who needs enemies? Good luck, Preston, you're going to need it.
ok, you rest your case. but what is it? everyone knows that DNA would be present in her egg, but your case is empty of Biblical knowledge.

as far as friends, always I have said that I stand on my own ,by my own self.

I don't need any cheerleaders, and it is for certain that oxbore is not my brother.

AT NO TIME HAVE I EVER BEEN SO STUPID THAT I WOULD SAY THAT DNA COMES FROM A WOMB., SO WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU?

MANY YEARS AGO WHEN I FIRST CAME ON THIS FORUM am WAS HERE AND SHE HAD A MASTERS IN BIOLOGY. I STARTED TO TELL HER WHAT MY DISCIPLINE WAS. AND THEN SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT TRYING TO ONEUPMANSHIP EACH OTHER SO I KEPT QUIET.

and now I wish I had spoke up, and if I had, you would feel very silly to try and tell me that an egg had DNA.

even Robert who said he had bio 101 is years behind me.lol.

I have said that I was in the army in MD. do some research and find out what is at Frederick, and my old blue chevy convertible went down that ramp many, many times, without me having to show ID.lol

and around 7 years later, I decided to persue even more in my chosen field
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543556 Jun 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure who you're a disciple of but it ain't Jesus if you subscribe to Preston's heresy.
Disciple is one of the few people on this Forum that I have respect for. and one reason is that he is HIGHLY INTELLIGENT and has much scholarship abilities.

unlike someone like you who claims to be a business owner(even tho I cant fathom how since you are on here so often), and who claims to have attended college(and it doesn't show)

the bottom line is that it is difficult to fool people into believing that you have any academic skills, just as we know that Robert has no education to speak of.

the amount of dung that you throw out on this forum is not coming from the culture of intelligencia, it is ignorance
marge

Leesburg, GA

#543557 Jun 11, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
When a "Christian" agrees with a catholic makes neither one a "Christian" and both antichrist.
Be careful which side you are on!
Give me a break your just messing around.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543558 Jun 11, 2014
D. my son is coming home from China the first of July. He graduates june 27 with his masters degree.

very, very proud of him.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#543559 Jun 11, 2014
I can't believe your still talking about this, people!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#543560 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
As I said...you are calling God a liar and denying the miracle He performed regards Mary..the Bible does not even hint at an embryo regards her conceiving...

Location hidden

#543561 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't suggest a lie. show me where I have denied the Virgin Birth.
Of course, I suggest and that many times, that I lean on my own understanding as opposed to a person like you.
I was just thinking about you finding fault with the text that my young granddaughter posted to her friends about how she had got Saved.
while those on the Forum were Blessed and the angels in heaven were rejoicing, you found fault with her lack of ONE capital letter.
and griped and found fault for days. no wonder you could keep a woman, they were very pleased I imagine to be well rid of a jerk like you.lol
I never said you denied the virgin berth...

I said: You denied "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding". You admitted that by boasting about using your own understanding and encourage others to do so....

I also said: You deny Scripture that tells of the miracle regards Mary the human mother of Christ..

Location hidden

#543562 Jun 11, 2014
make that birth....

Location hidden

#543563 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
what part of these qualifications did you fail to meet, oxbore?
The following are the qualifications that will be required of the deacons as found in 1st Timothy 3:8-13 and Acts 6:3.
1.A deacon must have a good reputation. The phrase “of good reputation” is synonymous with the word “reverent.” To be “reverent” is to be “honorable” and “devout.” A deacon’s reputation should be seen in his home and in his work outside the church.
2.A deacon must be a man of his word. A deacon is a man who can be trusted. He must not say one thing and do another. This qualification is one of trust.
3.A deacon must try to live above reproach. Realizing our sinful nature is present in all we do, we believe a Deacon must strive to live a life that does not call into question his integrity and growing relationship with God. There are many things of this world that have the appearance of evil, if we as men of God participate in, could cause a Brother to become confused and stumble.
4.A deacon must be a generous giver to his church. This is to say that a deacon should tithe. The Bible says that,“where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” If you do not give to the service of the church, your heart will not be there to serve.
5.A deacon must have a good grip on God’s word. This means that a deacon should be a student of God’s word. When a deacon knows God’s word then he will do God’s word.
6.A deacon must be proven. A man is not ordained as a deacon in order to acquire these qualifications. He is ordained because he already has them. A man who is nominated as a deacon should have already been shown to be faithful in his service, church attendance, tithing, witnessing, prayer, and Bible study.
7.A deacon should be blameless. Again this does not mean sinless but means that there is nothing someone can accuse him of, and that he lives with a clean conscience.
8.A deacon must be a one woman man. Our church recognizes divorce as an unfortunate result of sin in the world, but also understands the ability of God's grace to transform and renew those who have experienced it. The phrase, "a one woman man," means he is not involved in sexual impurity and, if married, is committed to his present wife.
9.A deacon must be a good father. This does not mean that a deacon’s children are to be blameless or perfect, but they have been taught and nurtured in the scriptures, guided safely, and disciplined appropriately.
10.A deacon must be the spiritual leader of his home. It is in the home that a deacon develops his spiritual leadership by setting the proper example, showing love to his wife and children, resolving conflict, and serving humbly, as well teaching the scripture.
Numbers 8 & 9 ?
If I were you, I would do just that...change the subject....

Location hidden

#543564 Jun 11, 2014
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
When a "Christian" agrees with a catholic makes neither one a "Christian" and both antichrist.
Be careful which side you are on!
Infantile...not worthy of a response...

Location hidden

#543565 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ask God why it is written " a body hast thou prepared for me"
it follows that God prepared a body for Jesus to inhabit until His Sacrifice, and egg. in and of itself will not produce a body as I have said many times.
BUT an embryo will produce a body, again unlike just a single egg from a female.
this isn't very difficult for even you , to understand Anthony.
again(wow, I have seen some stupid people in my lifetime, but many of you take the cake)
conceive means simply put, a beginning. and this beginning was just beginning for Mary.
Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

You are from Satan....you are using Scripture, that has nothing to do with Mary conceiving, becoming pregnant, and giving Christ His fully human incarnate body, with the full and complete Divinity of His Father, do bolster your senseless ignorant words regards the "planted embryo" which says God lied when He said: And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

I can see how your influence on your granddaughter could have her refer to God Almighty as god......
hojo

Waconia, MN

#543566 Jun 11, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
NO!!!---The bottom line is THIS !!!.......It was the Catholic Church (and the Early Church Fathers -who wrote it---AND---who gave ALL of us the Bible in 397AD.......Therefore, it is ONLY the Catholic Church that " correctly" interprets it!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 2 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web