Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692026 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543376 Jun 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"...thou shalt conceive in thy womb..."
This eliminates the possibility that God placed an already-conceived-embryo in her womb.
I think you may possibly be a pseudo-Monophysite, and considering your obnoxious and degrading behavior here, you are most likely not a Christian.
I am sorry, but it doe NOT mean that God wouldn't have placed an embryo in her womb, which of course He did..

so lets consider my behavior as compared to that of YOU>

I don't cuss people out and call them "obnoxious" names like you do constantly.

I do admit that I call Robert a flake which of course he is, and if it isn't a catholic week for him, you would too.

If God fertilizes an egg from her ovary, then you catholics have a problem, Jesus then inherits DNA from Mary, while God the Father and God the Holy Ghost have no DNA.

my "obnoxious" behavior coming from catholics is caused by ONE thing and that is that I know and claim that your church is evil and satanic driven. and you cant stand that and I don't care.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543377 Jun 10, 2014
doing genetic testing the results are that ONE chromosome comes from the father and the other from the mother.

when fertilization occurs,one cell is produced which has both partners in each of its pairs, one from the mother and one from the father. This means that both parents contribute the same amount of nucleic DNA.

that is the biological experience in the New Birth and therefore if an egg from mary is used(but it isn't), Jesus inherits DNA from mary, that is Nature and isn't changed.

I posted several days ago but didn't give oxbore enough of a hint that He could go to his concordance, but I will reveal some fact.
First Jesus was not a Giant , at least the Bible doesn't reveal that fact.

so what does that mean?

so lets look at what happened when the "sons of god" came down to earth and had sex with human women, GIANTS WERE PRODUCED, therefore chances are, that IF God has sex with mary, Jesus would have been born a giant, and to take this stupid theory(God having sex) mary would no longer have been a virgin.

if a person would use th word conceive and look at some of the synonyms, they could take that even closer to what actually happened, and I am not going back to a week or two to show everyone what that word also means.

If YOU CANT KEEP UP, TAKE NOTES.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#543378 Jun 10, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, but it doe NOT mean that God wouldn't have placed an embryo in her womb, which of course He did..
I do admit that I call Robert a flake which of course he is, and if it isn't a catholic week for him, you would too.
If God fertilizes an egg from her ovary, then you catholics have a problem, Jesus then inherits DNA from Mary, while God the Father and God the Holy Ghost have no DNA.
my "obnoxious" behavior coming from catholics is caused by ONE thing and that is that I know and claim that your church is evil and satanic driven. and you cant stand that and I don't care.
"If God fertilizes an egg from her ovary, then you catholics have a problem, Jesus then inherits DNA from Mary, while God the Father and God the Holy Ghost have no DNA."

Yes, that's correct, go to the head of the class. All of Jesus' humanity comes from His mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Hypostatic Union

A theological term used with reference to the Incarnation to express the revealed truth that in Christ one person subsists in two natures, the Divine and the human. Hypostasis means, literally, that which lies beneath as basis or foundation. Hence it came to be used by the Greek philosophers to denote reality as distinguished from appearances (Aristotle, "Mund.", IV, 21)....definitively established by the Council of Chalcedon (451), which declared that in Christ the two natures, each retaining its own properties, are united in one subsistence and one person (eis en prosopon kai mian hypostasin)(Denzinger, ed. Bannwart, 148). They are not joined in a moral or accidental union (Nestorius), nor commingled (Eutyches), and nevertheless they are substantially united. For further explanation and bibliography see: INCARNATION; JESUS CHRIST; MONOPHYSITISM; NATURE; PERSON.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07610b.htm
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543379 Jun 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject was/is the number of times in the NT the Koine Greek word for "overshadow" was used. Just trying to be helpful.....it was used more than one time....
It STILL DOESNT MEAN THAT THIS IS A WORD THAT MEANS SHE GOT PREGNANT.

it is something that would be comparable with the usage of Chloroform to put her asleep and then the actual time of conceiving would begin.

But a person like you and Robert with no medical background would never be able to comprehend something as simple as this.

JUST AS THE CATHOLICS ON HERE MUST INSIST THAT MARYS EGG WAS USED. IT PROVES THAT THEY HAVE BEEN LIED TO ALL OF THIS TIME
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543380 Jun 10, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
"If God fertilizes an egg from her ovary, then you catholics have a problem, Jesus then inherits DNA from Mary, while God the Father and God the Holy Ghost have no DNA."
Yes, that's correct, go to the head of the class. All of Jesus' humanity comes from His mother, Mary.
yes, you are correct, but it stems from the fact that the embryo attaches it self to her womb, and the other factors in the giving of life begins.

that is how we get the Part of FULLY HUMAN/ FULLY GOD.

Jesus inherited His Humanity to the Fact that He grew in Her Womb, not because her egg was used.

How many times must you people be showed about the DNA factor?

as many times has your little children have been abused?
Michael

Canada

#543381 Jun 10, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic 101
Blessed Mother Mary is not a goddess!
Blessed Mother Mary can lead you to Jesus, its only Jesus that saves!
Jesus’ ascended, Blessed Mother was assumed into heaven as we will be.
Sinless b/c God saved her, HE knew her before she was born. Specially selected to be the Mother of Jesus on earth!
Our Churches are named after Saint b/c it’s the Saints that gather followers for Christ.
“Catholics DO NOT worship Mary, the Mother of Christ – as though she were a deity. Of all the misconceptions about Catholic belief and practice, this one is the most absurd. Catholics are just as aware as Protestants that Mary was a human creature, and therefore not entitled to the honors which are reserved to God alone.”
....Why pray with Mary when you can pray directly to Jesus??

Twinkle Star...

....A few years ago a poll was taken in Italy asking who do you pray to when in crisis. Jesus was #6 on the list who catholics in Italy prayed to first....... 6th!!!

......Why pray with/to Mary and other saints when you can pray directly to Jesus to get the same result?....(lol)

.....that's like me asking June bug to send a post to you from me. Silly.

Unbelievable!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#543382 Jun 10, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yes, you are correct, but it stems from the fact that the embryo attaches it self to her womb, and the other factors in the giving of life begins.
that is how we get the Part of FULLY HUMAN/ FULLY GOD.
Jesus inherited His Humanity to the Fact that He grew in Her Womb, not because her egg was used.
How many times must you people be showed about the DNA factor?
as many times has your little children have been abused?
You quoted me incorrectly.
And that says it all, nothing further needs to be said. All of your heretical garbage regarding the Incarnation stems from your desire to diminish and demean the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God.
If you think for one minute that what you're doing pleases her Son, you're sadly mistaken.
I feel sorry for you.

The egg of the Blessed Virgin Mary was fertilized. Jesus Christ received His humanity from His Blessed Virgin Mother. Sorry, presto, but that's a basic tenet of the Christian faith. All your insults aren't going to make it go away.

:)
Anthony MN

United States

#543383 Jun 10, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, but it doe NOT mean that God wouldn't have placed an embryo in her womb, which of course He did..
Yes, that's exactly what it means since the conception took place IN her womb, not OUTSIDE her womb which would be the case with your goofy "implanting an embryo" nonsense.

Let's get something straight Mr. Greatest Apostle Eeevuuuur, your obnoxious and demeaning behavior has been witnessed by everyone here. There's not a single poster who at one time or another hasn't been on the receiving end of your insults, browbeating and name calling. That's not the behavior of an apostle, preacher, minister, priest or anyone who makes the incredible claims you do. Let me give you a little tip, the sooner you stop being an ass, the sooner people will start taking you half-way seriously. Very few will ever believe you're anything special, but at least we may stop believing you're a delusional psychopath.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#543384 Jun 10, 2014
Notice how presto changed my post and replaced "Blessed Virgin Mary" with just "Mary". See posts 543378 and 543380.

That's what all his nonsense is about. I'd suggest not responding to him any further regarding this matter as he's only trying to insult Jesus and His Blessed Mother.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543385 Jun 10, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You quoted me incorrectly.
And that says it all, nothing further needs to be said. All of your heretical garbage regarding the Incarnation stems from your desire to diminish and demean the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God.
If you think for one minute that what you're doing pleases her Son, you're sadly mistaken.
I feel sorry for you.
The egg of the Blessed Virgin Mary was fertilized. Jesus Christ received His humanity from His Blessed Virgin Mother. Sorry, presto, but that's a basic tenet of the Christian faith. All your insults aren't going to make it go away.
:)
just because it is false teaching form Catholicism, doesn't mean anything to me and to God.

what your satanic system ahs done to the reputation of Mary is truly sad.

may your church reap what it sows

again, if the egg from mary was used, it makes Jesus half man, any idiot could figure that out, and that is why you are a catholic and I AM NOT.
Anthony MN

United States

#543386 Jun 10, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>It STILL DOESNT MEAN THAT THIS IS A WORD THAT MEANS SHE GOT PREGNANT.
it is something that would be comparable with the usage of Chloroform to put her asleep and then the actual time of conceiving would begin.
But a person like you and Robert with no medical background would never be able to comprehend something as simple as this.
JUST AS THE CATHOLICS ON HERE MUST INSIST THAT MARYS EGG WAS USED. IT PROVES THAT THEY HAVE BEEN LIED TO ALL OF THIS TIME
It's not just Catholics who think your idea is crazy, it's all other Christians as well.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543387 Jun 10, 2014
Regina wrote:
Notice how presto changed my post and replaced "Blessed Virgin Mary" with just "Mary". See posts 543378 and 543380.
That's what all his nonsense is about. I'd suggest not responding to him any further regarding this matter as he's only trying to insult Jesus and His Blessed Mother.
and I did it deliberately too.

mary was just a vessel, blessed to carry Him but you catholics make her out to be more than He did, and that is BIBLICAL, AND YOUR popes cant change History

when all is said and done, the Apostle Paul should be more revered than she is, he brought the Gospel to many Nations. Mary is NEVER mentioned after the Day of Pentecost, nor should she be, her job was done over 30 years before that Day
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543388 Jun 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's exactly what it means since the conception took place IN her womb, not OUTSIDE her womb which would be the case with your goofy "implanting an embryo" nonsense.
reread this post of yours and then laugh at the absurdity of it.

any idiot would know that this event was inside her womb, she would have looked pretty funny carry a baby outside her body.

that is something stupid that only Robert would have come up with, I would have thought. thanks for reinforcing my opinion that all catholics are stupid, not just a few on here.lol

just look at the word that you are using

[implanting] and it proves that I am correct. next time try and use a word that doesn't reinforce what another person is saying.lol

Medicine/Medical . to insert or graft (a tissue, organ, or inert substance) into the body.

NOTICE THAT LITTLE SMALL WORD AT ALMOST THE END OF THAT DESCRIPTION

[INTO] the body.

you are not smart enough to be a business let alone several. besides that, you a re on here to much. I think that you lie just as you tried to tell as that you were a AF veteran, but someone(mike, maybe) caught your lies and made you take water.lol
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#543389 Jun 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just Catholics who think your idea is crazy, it's all other Christians as well.
Do you think he'll like this nice Eastern Orthodox prayer to the Mother of God? I know it will become a favorite of Kay's!

O Virgin, spotless, undefiled, unstained, all-chaste and Pure Lady, Bride of God, who by thy glorious birthgiving hast united God the Word with Man and linked our fallen nature with Heavenly Things; who art the hope of the hopeless, the helper of the oppressed, the ready protection of those who hasten unto thee, and the refuge of Christians; despise me not, who am defiled and sinful, who by my wicked thoughts, words and deeds, have become an unworthy servant, and by my slothfulness have turned into a slave to evil affections. O Mother of the God of Love, have mercy and compassion upon me, a sinner and a prodigal. Accept this prayer which is offered to thee from mine impure lips; and putting forward thy maternal influence with thy Son, my Lord and Master, beseech Him to open unto me the lovingkindness of His grace; beseech Him to overlook my countless transgressions, to give me true repentance, and to make me to be a zealous doer of His commandments. And thou, being gracious and compassionate and tender-hearted, be thou ever present with me in this life as my defender and helper, so that I may turn aside the assault of mine enemies, and guide me into salvation; help my poor soul at the hour of my death, and drive far from it all the dark forms of the evil ones. And in the dreadful Judgment Day, deliver me from everlasting punishment, and present me as an inheritor of the ineffable glory of thy Son, our God.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543390 Jun 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I see ONLY oxbore disagreeing with me, and he is crazy and doesn't count.

PAD also, and he has no excuse for being stupid, he works at a hospital and can ask any doctor if a person receives DNA from the mother. that is plain common sense, something is sorely lacking with you catholics.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#543391 Jun 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is NOT a religion???
That then means there IS no religion, as Islam is not a religion ... Hinduism is not a religion ... Buddhism is not a religion ... et cetera.
They are all "realities."
"Reality" is your latest "catchword" HUH!
FOOL!
It takes a fool to know a fool and YOU'RE THE BIGGER FOOL.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#543392 Jun 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't learn new things when you keep overdosing on antiquated mythical junk from a buy-bull.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Science Daily
Water's surface not all wet: Some water molecules split the difference between gas and liquid
At any one time, one quarter of water molecules in the uppermost layer have one hydrogen atom in water and the other vibrating freely above. Such molecules straddle gas and liquid phases, according to a new study that bears on atmospheric chemistry and raises the question of how exactly to define the air-water boundary.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/...
LOL,LOL. See. I told you guys June would argue you down that water isn't wet,LOL.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543393 Jun 10, 2014
Regina wrote:
how come Jesus doesn't say that she is blessed at this time, would it be because she had not yet believed and filled with the Holy Ghost.

A GOOD QUESTION PRESTON.LOL

True Blessedness
Lu.27While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed." 28But He said, "On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it."

here we see that He disagrees with the statement from this catholic woman proclaiming that mary is blessed.

just what do these three words mean?

[on the contrary]unfavorable or adverse. used as an adjective

Jesus just did not wish to share His Glory with a mere mortal such as mary.

that is Biblical and comes straight from His mouth.

NOW CHANGE HIS WORD IF YOU DARE
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#543394 Jun 10, 2014
HEY TONY.

YOU ARE ANURSE, TELL THESE FOOLISH CATHOLICS THAT A BABY GETS DNA from its mother also.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#543395 Jun 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
... that the LORD creates good and evil. And being that according to Christians the LORD is Jesus ... well that makes it all VERY PLAIN that Jesus created evil ... doesn't it???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Isaiah 45:7 KJV
King James Version
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Lordy mercy. Man do you need to stop trying to comprehend the written word being an unbeliever before you hurt yourself. I was about to explain this phrase """create evil""" BUT WHY CAST MY OEARLS BEFORE SWINE. I'll let you continue to wallow in co nfusion trying to understand scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Tue Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web