Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641262 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#543313 Jun 10, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....I treat people individually as how I meet them. All people.
.....You know I have ranted about the many scandals that have rocked the Catholic church and I am sure there are as many within protestant ranks, yet those followers for the most part remain silent never speaking out in anger for the wrongs their leaders or organizations have committed. In most instances they defend their leaders and always claim its someone else is to blame, or needs to clean up their act.
......I have stated several times, organized religions do more to divide us, then bring us closer to together. Its clearly evident on this forum.
Thank you Mike for that post,it tells me you have similar thoughts of course about other groups,and for the same reasons I could never disagree with you about your last"I have stated several times,organized religions do more to divide.........." That without a doubt is the truth about EVERY organization,i have seen that in my church fellowships and groups over the years.There are always those people who no matter what happens want to cover it up,and put the blame of any faults on everyone else except those who are guilty as charged.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#543314 Jun 10, 2014
He was a mean S.O.B.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Learn from this, dear Christian, what you are doing if you permit the blind Jews to mislead you. Then the saying will truly apply, "When a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into the pit" [cf. Luke 6:39]. You cannot learn anything from them except how to misunderstand the divine commandments...

Martin Luther

Prince George, Canada

#543315 Jun 10, 2014
And you KNOW that by the use of the word Christianity … Luther meant PROTESTANT-Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Warning Against the Jews (1546)

Shortly before his death on February 18, 1546 Luther preached four sermons in Eisleben.[20] To his second last sermon he appended what he called his "final warning" against the Jews.[21] The main point of this short work is that authorities who could expel the Jews from their lands should do so if they would not convert to Christianity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_an...

Prince George, Canada

#543316 Jun 10, 2014
It was and IS ironic that the word heresy at one time meant “ABLE TO CHOOSE.”

Those who aimed to instill their own religions into a world government as the only universal truth were intent on changing the meaning of the word heresy to mean offensive to GOD!

Shysters in god-garbs … each and every ONE.

Prince George, Canada

#543317 Jun 10, 2014
Guide for Living … Pope Pius XII … Selected Addresses and Letters of His Holiness

World Government

Address to members of the Universal Movement for World Federation, April 6, 1951:

Your movement gentlemen, aims at bringing into being an effective political world organization. Nothing is more in line with the traditional doctrine of the Church nor more adapted to her teaching regarding just and unjust war, particularly at the present juncture.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543318 Jun 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is, your are drawn into the Jewish TALES as though the characters were REAL.
The character of Moses was made to seem REAL by the monotheistic Jews who wanted to break away from belief in multiple gods and in turn make their new religion appear as the one and only universal truth.
Moses was their HERO in their staged-play.
Then the ex-Jew Catholics vilified the "filthy" Jews for not obeying the one GOD, and they created Jesus out of the Greek word Ihcuc as the new HERO which the claims "God loves ONLY Catholics and Jesus came to prove the fact that Catholics know and preach the one and only universal truth.
You can't lure followers into your cult if you tell them you are preaching lies.
AND the H o l o c a u s t never happened! June what you see on this planet all came from what you see:.the Hindus came from India and the Buddhists came from India and were former Hindus. The Zoroastrians came out of Hinduism as well. The Jain were Hindus,and now have some animism and even some monotheistic beliefs.The Sihks were Hindus,and now are a mixture of both Hindu and Muslim beliefs.

Some theologians believe that all religions came out of Hinduism. What are you trying to say here you might ask? We all have roots,and religion is the deepest root there is,because it is innate in us all to believe in something that is greater than us.Some have decided to believe that their greater power as it were is in the elements and that which is seen,and some conclude that their greater power is in what is not seen,and that has many variables.

You June believe that we are all living in our imaginations,and our beliefs are summed up in what has been imagined.You tried it and failed so instead of being frustrated with your own imaginations of ILK,you now are free.So you spend God knows how many hours on this thread trying to convince us who are lost in our imaginations,that we are highly deluded and going no where fast.You are a savior of sorts do you know that? In your efforts to convince us that we are strongly deceived,a type of savior is being formed in you,to bring us to a "light" that somehow we all missed.

At this juncture I find you still a "bull" let loose in a china or glass shop.I hear the glass falling all around,and the shatter of so many beliefs and isms flying around from your kicks and head thrusts from the horns. Of course you are a woman,so maybe you are a female cow with small horns doing the same.

Are you a purging cow that has been let loose on us to shatter all of our imaginations? Think about it,and let me know just what you are HERE!

Prince George, Canada

#543319 Jun 10, 2014
No doubt the Jews that created the one-god Abrahamic image … hoped that their new religion would take over world government.

One GOD means …“they have to come to us for approval from the ONE GOD … otherwise, it will be Gehenna for them.”

AHHHHH the games people played with their religions. Someone should write a book to try to make things RIGHT!

Prince George, Canada

#543320 Jun 10, 2014
I wonder how many Hebrews that practiced polytheism were put to death when the Abrahamic one-god-dogma became the rule of thumb.

Those Hebrews either had to start believing that there was ONE GOD in the universe or be tortured and put to death.

Military might always SAVED the day for those who held the military power over others.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#543321 Jun 10, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
If the Word of God was serious business to you...then you would get out of OSAS teachings.....
16For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Prince George, Canada

#543322 Jun 10, 2014
You want me to believe in the existence of a loving GOD while you insist on bullying others to join your individual cults???

It ain’t gonna happen!

That type of TREATMENT from right-fighting bullies who claim to own universal truth …“from my perspective”… has been going on for far too long!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543323 Jun 10, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a fanatic. His followers walked in Jesus footsteps.
My God gave you the Internet, which you seem to prefer over actual walking.
Get it yet? Nothing wrong with personal faith. But you are not walking and converting anyone here.
You are just spouting your interpretation of god on MY ONE TRUE GOD's communication vehicle and claiming credit for secular medical organizations. Gad, how many Pentecostal medical SCIENCE doctors do you believe there are helping children with AIDS for example?
You are delusional. That's all I'm saying :o)
peace and love
ramen
You think I don't know that (peace and love) your god is the Internet! I know that my thoughts and sharings here are futile,I have not YET been assimilated if that is what you are saying. The BORG will probably throw me out into outer space.

What converts do you have to boast of? Is sweet June your colleague,or are you a student of her's? You both have a savior complex. You are trying so hard to diffuse us religious zealots from our lost condition of faith,good luck!

As for Jesus being a fanatic,HARDLY.If He were a fanatic He would have called 10,000 angels to destroy the world,but He instead laid down His life for you and for me,so that in reality our arguments to have substance,it is your decision to either receive Him or reject Him,and I already have made my decision long time ago,I received Him!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#543324 Jun 10, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
16For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."
In these verses the apostle opens the design of the whole epistle, in which he brings forward a charge of sinfulness against all flesh; declares the only method of deliverance from condemnation, by faith in the mercy of God, through Jesus Christ; and then builds upon it purity of heart, grateful obedience, and earnest desires to improve in all those Christian graces and tempers,

which nothing but a lively faith in Christ can bring forth. mh

Prince George, Canada

#543325 Jun 10, 2014
Imagine how much military power it took to uphold the ex-Catholic Protestant religion at its beginnings. There must have been a tremendous number of ex-Catholics wanting to break the power of the pope.

And those ex-Catholics must have had friends in military power to overthrow the strong military power held at that time by the Catholic hierarchy.

It would be of interest to me to know the politics that went on behind the scenes. And don’t fool your selves. Martin Luther KNEW the timing was just right, as even Prince Frederick "the supposed Catholic" protected Luther from the pope and his henchmen who wanted Luther killed.

I wonder where “god” was hiding when the blood was running comparable to rivers in all directions.

Tongue in cheek
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543326 Jun 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
And of course being that the Christians want the word Lord to mean Jesus … that means that the Lord Jesus creates good and evil.
Isn’t THAT an inspiring revelation???
You can’t blame Jehovah LORD for creating evil and then say “Thank you Lord-“Jesus” for saving me.”
It's not FAIR to play theology for all its worth in YOUR own favor!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Isaiah 45:7 KJV
King James Version
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Actually June you know what would be great, that someday I come back on this thread after being busy with my life,and deciding to visit,and ALL I see for countless pages is JuneVanderMark,having arguments with herself,because she succeeded in driving everyone else off of this thread.Than GrDxM can come on to applaud your success.I noticed once again that you are the predominant one on the last page,only my responses to you.

Prince George, Canada

#543327 Jun 10, 2014
And those killers wanted us to believe that their books were based on universal LOVE!

Mentally-ill comedians!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543328 Jun 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
No doubt the Jews that created the one-god Abrahamic image … hoped that their new religion would take over world government.
One GOD means …“they have to come to us for approval from the ONE GOD … otherwise, it will be Gehenna for them.”
AHHHHH the games people played with their religions. Someone should write a book to try to make things RIGHT!
I elect you June,please write a book to set things right!

Prince George, Canada

#543329 Jun 10, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Actually June you know what would be great, that someday I come back on this thread after being busy with my life,and deciding to visit,and ALL I see for countless pages is JuneVanderMark,having arguments with herself,because she succeeded in driving everyone else off of this thread.Than GrDxM can come on to applaud your success.I noticed once again that you are the predominant one on the last page,only my responses to you.
You can argue the point of why Jehovah or Jesus would create evil … but you WON’T.

And you KNOW why you WON’T.

You can SEE the lies.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543330 Jun 10, 2014
Oh June you forgot to say "tongue in cheek" on your last post about the book writing!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#543331 Jun 10, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi June gloom,
Cats are mental food for old people that have no life. Get out have some fellowship with other cat lovers. Take a walk, enjoy life. Smell the flowers. Help a person in need, be blessed.
You need God in your life you would have peace, no more hate.
:)
Thank you Star C,hope June will read your statement again!

Prince George, Canada

#543332 Jun 10, 2014
I suggest that the men who came up with the scripture that the Lord creates evil, wanted others to believe that was true.

What their “reasoning” was is anybody’s guess … but there is no doubt that they wrote it for a particular reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 15 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 54
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) 17 hr Raydot 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,100
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web