Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646599 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#543152 Jun 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus'(Ihcuc') MAIN job on earth was to teach that if humans were not Catholic their souls would go to Catholic hell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Of course after the ex-Catholic Protestants revolted, Jesus had different marching orders.
Then the story came about that unless humans were Protestant, they couldn't know universal truth.
If there were ever a 180 degree change in "church teaching," that is it.

Oops sorry, nothing changed. Just more was revealed. Like you and I, and EVEN Protestants can now be saved.

Gad

ramen

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#543153 Jun 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
90% of Christianity doesn't interpret the first commandment like you. We don't see God making a blanket statement on statues. Otherwise He wouldnt have commanded the Jews to carve statues to be placed on the ark.
You clearly posted how the Catholic Church was corrupted with statues and icons by Rome. I showed you that was false, as Christians had icons long before Constantine. Just admit ... although you may personally disagree with statues, the so-called "RC" had nothing to do with introducing them.
The Catholic religion was based on the religions that came before it. Then it was totally morphed into its own design by the Catholic church fathers and tagged with a label of "universal truth."

It was simply an old habit under a new regime.

Feed them catch-phrases such as "universal truth" "HOLY" and "salvation" ... and they will come ... comparable to pigs to a trough.

Prince George, Canada

#543154 Jun 9, 2014
Gods r Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were ever a 180 degree change in "church teaching," that is it.
Oops sorry, nothing changed. Just more was revealed. Like you and I, and EVEN Protestants can now be saved.
Gad
ramen
I wouldn't swallow that Protestant junk of salvation for Protestants and none for Catholics when I was a kid, and I won't swallow it now.

When I was a child I remember a little girl of the Catholic faith telling me that she was taught that Protestants would go to hell. She said to me "I don't believe it." And we laughed together.

As an adult she never goes to the Catholic church, and as an adult I don't go to the Protestant church.

Those preachers tried to make us hate each other ... but in spite of their AIMS we are still the best of friends.
Michael

Canada

#543155 Jun 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
90% of Christianity doesn't interpret the first commandment like you. We don't see God making a blanket statement on statues. Otherwise He wouldnt have commanded the Jews to carve statues to be placed on the ark.
You clearly posted how the Catholic Church was corrupted with statues and icons by Rome. I showed you that was false, as Christians had icons long before Constantine. Just admit ... although you may personally disagree with statues, the so-called "RC" had nothing to do with introducing them.
Clay. says......You clearly posted how the Catholic Church was corrupted with statues and icons by Rome. I showed you that was false.

Below if I said to you and all other catholics this is Jesus, you would say to me no it isn't Michael. I don't know who it is that is not Jesus.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/healt...

----------

Below if I said to you who is this picture of? You would say, that is Jesus, Michael.

http://www.zazzle.ca/beautiful_religious_sacr...

......You and me and all other catholics and many others have been condtioned, and brainwashed that Jesus HAS to appear a certain way, even though he probably never looked anything like this if he had existed.

You would't cut a picture of a man from a magazine and tell everyone this is your father.

Why does your church teach these falsehoods, and why do you believe them, and you know they are not true?.

....something is terribly wrong Liam.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#543156 Jun 9, 2014
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
.....Pad says.....they focus on their right to hate each other......
Oh!..... Much like the posts on this forum between catholics/protestants. Have you read any lately?
.....We have many Muslims in our community and none of them act in any way you have stereo typed them. If they were as vile as you believe your country wouldn't allow so many to migrate into your communities in amerca.
Your a fear mongerer, and anti anything that isn't christian. Your way of thinking is why our world is divided.

----------
Michael, you need to learn something about 'stealth jihad'. Jihadists have taught and practiced this for centuries.
Michael

Canada

#543157 Jun 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane does his jokes out of ideology. He tries to make a political or religious point first, then pretend its a joke. South Park sincerely tries to be funny first. They've made fun of the Catholic Church, but it was so over the top, that I was able to laugh. The Vatican episode with all the Priests towing around a little boy, was almost making fun of the false perception anti Catholics have, as well as the Church itself.(With the exception of a couple offensive things about Mary. Preston would have loved that) Plus, Family Guy directs it almost exclusively at Christians for religion, and Republican for political. SP balances it out to everyone. Even South Park made fun of Family Guy's one sided jokes and MacFarlands agenda-driven writing.
And I found it hilarious that thee Richard Dawkins actually watched the entire 3 part episode making fun of him.
Liam says......Seth MacFarlane does his jokes out of ideology. He tries to make a political or religious point first, then pretend its a joke.

Michael says..........your single opinion doesn't mirror the vast majority that had made the show top rated and is celebrating 15 years.

I am sure the episodes that satirized protestants or Muslims didn't get you upset at all, but the ones about Mary and the Church ......ITS NOT FUNNY!!

you need to roll with it. All of it.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#543158 Jun 9, 2014
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
Mal 2:13 has nothing.....zilch...to do with a divorce..
Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god
The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.
And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.
It has to do with men marrying the daughter of a strange god......

----------
Read more carefully. They 'put away'(divorced) the wives of their youth, THEN they married the foreign daughters.
Michael

Canada

#543159 Jun 9, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
Oh!..... Much like the posts on this forum between catholics/protestants. Have you read any lately?
.....We have many Muslims in our community and none of them act in any way you have stereo typed them. If they were as vile as you believe your country wouldn't allow so many to migrate into your communities in amerca.
Your a fear mongerer, and anti anything that isn't christian. Your way of thinking is why our world is divided.
----------
Michael, you need to learn something about 'stealth jihad'. Jihadists have taught and practiced this for centuries.
You come to my neighborhood and tell that to the 7 year olds and their Muslim families who live in peace and friendship and work in our communities.

Your a fear mongerer. Its sad how you judge people because they weren't born by accident into the one true belief that you were.

There are good and bad everywhere, but I don't lump everyone together like you do. I am very disappointed with your comments.

I am sure 150 years ago the native americans were saying the same about your ancestors who stole land and rights from them and killed them if they didn't comply.

Its a sad world, but embracing people is a lot better world than the inner hatred you have.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#543160 Jun 9, 2014
putting away: shalach: a primitive root; to send away, for, or out (in a great variety of applications):--X any wise, appoint, bring (on the way), cast (away, out), conduct, X earnestly, forsake, give (up), grow long, lay, leave, let depart (down, go, loose), push away, put (away, forth, in, out), reach forth, send (away, forth, out), set, shoot (forth, out), sow, spread, stretch forth (out).
The word "divorce" is not in the definition of "putting away"....you added to Scripture to make it say what you want it to say........
Mal 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously
First companion verse:
De 24:1 ¶ When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
Second and third companion verses:
It hath been said, Whosoever shall PUT AWAY his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall PUT AWAY his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry HER THAT IS DIVORCED (put away) committeth adultery.
These companion verses support a divorce under certain conditions....they do not teach that God hates a divorce under these circumstances......
Thank God you are not a brain surgeon!!!!
Michael

Canada

#543161 Jun 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't swallow that Protestant junk of salvation for Protestants and none for Catholics when I was a kid, and I won't swallow it now.
When I was a child I remember a little girl of the Catholic faith telling me that she was taught that Protestants would go to hell. She said to me "I don't believe it." And we laughed together.
As an adult she never goes to the Catholic church, and as an adult I don't go to the Protestant church.
Those preachers tried to make us hate each other ... but in spite of their AIMS we are still the best of friends.
I went to catholic grade school, and I have told this story before. Around 1960 The principal in our school a nun, one day came storming out to the playground around lunch time chasing a few kids from the public school away that were standing on the public sidewalk just outside the gate waiting for their friends from my school to come out. The nun said in a stern voice go up to the corner and wait" now shoo" away, something to that affect.

One of many things that started my pathway away from the church.

Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#543162 Jun 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The first mistake is to believe that self can BE wise.
Self then wants to stay put in it's own concept of "universal truth" and not ask any more questions OF self.
My journey has been and is all about asking my self why I would believe whatever I believe is based on truth when others believe that what I believe is based on lies.
It keeps me moving along and in turn not getting full of my self with any silly notions of owning universal truth.
OK I'll restate. You are such a putz :o)

No matter, I am just glad you are treating me no differently than the others, even though I am much sweeter and nicer, and have THE one true God.

ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#543163 Jun 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>didn't figure that you could find it, I left you with no hints as far as using google. but if you knew very much about the Bible you would have known about the cloud that "overshadowed" the Israelites by Day and the pillar of fire by night.
and unlike what Tony does, this wasn't Trivia.lol
Ex 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

My KJV has not "overshadow" nor "overshadowed" in the OT....what version are you using that shows either of those word in the OT...
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#543164 Jun 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic religion was based on the religions that came before it. Then it was totally morphed into its own design by the Catholic church fathers and tagged with a label of "universal truth."
It was simply an old habit under a new regime.
Feed them catch-phrases such as "universal truth" "HOLY" and "salvation" ... and they will come ... comparable to pigs to a trough.
You forgot "fullness of faith."

So full that we must have guards and fences on our southern border to keep the ones with the "fullness" and "universal truth" from escaping societies built on same.

Go figure?

ramen
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#543165 Jun 9, 2014
You come to my neighborhood and tell that to the 7 year olds and their Muslim families who live in peace and friendship and work in our communities.
Your a fear mongerer. Its sad how you judge people because they weren't born by accident into the one true belief that you were.
There are good and bad everywhere, but I don't lump everyone together like you do. I am very disappointed with your comments.
I am sure 150 years ago the native americans were saying the same about your ancestors who stole land and rights from them and killed them if they didn't comply.
Its a sad world, but embracing people is a lot better world than the inner hatred you have.

----------
And what provoked your hateful accusations against me, Michael...your GREAT LOVE ???
I didn't even comment about them...only suggested that you see what 'stealth jihad' is.

Yes, there are 'good' people everywhere...but mingled with those are the wife-beaters and the Hitler types. We even have some 'white supremacists among us.

Two of the kidnapped girls in Nigeria were aided to escape by a Muslim matron who was overseeing them, a Muslim man who sheltered them, and his wife, who took them to a Christian community she knew about. But those 'good people' had to aid the girls secretly, or they themselves would have been killed.

An Islamic surgeon operated on me last year...he was very kind...but he lives in this nation where one can still find real Christian influence.

But the 'stealth jihad' is still a teaching and practice of those who follow the Q'uran.

Location hidden

#543166 Jun 9, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
putting away: shalach: a primitive root; to send away, for, or out (in a great variety of applications):--X any wise, appoint, bring (on the way), cast (away, out), conduct, X earnestly, forsake, give (up), grow long, lay, leave, let depart (down, go, loose), push away, put (away, forth, in, out), reach forth, send (away, forth, out), set, shoot (forth, out), sow, spread, stretch forth (out).
The word "divorce" is not in the definition of "putting away"....you added to Scripture to make it say what you want it to say........
Mal 2:16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously
First companion verse:
De 24:1 ¶ When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
Second and third companion verses:
It hath been said, Whosoever shall PUT AWAY his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall PUT AWAY his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry HER THAT IS DIVORCED (put away) committeth adultery.
These companion verses support a divorce under certain conditions....they do not teach that God hates a divorce under these circumstances......
Thank God you are not a brain surgeon!!!!
Did you forget to respond????
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#543167 Jun 9, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm looking forward to meeting lots of hot babes in Hell.(Like Mrs. Jones maybe :o)

ramen
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#543168 Jun 9, 2014
[ who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
I went to catholic grade school, and I have told this story before. Around 1960 The principal in our school a nun, one day came storming out to the playground around lunch time chasing a few kids from the public school away that were standing on the public sidewalk just outside the gate waiting for their friends from my school to come out. The nun said in a stern voice go up to the corner and wait" now shoo" away, something to that affect.
One of many things that started my pathway away from the church.

----------
She obviously was one of the 'hard-liners'...

Location hidden

#543169 Jun 9, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god
The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.
And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.
----------
Read more carefully. They 'put away'(divorced) the wives of their youth, THEN they married the foreign daughters.
Really???? What does this mean "and hath married the daughter of a strange god"

I gave you the definition of "putting way".....it says zilch about a divorce...you are adding meaning to Scripture to make it say what you want it to say....

Prince George, Canada

#543170 Jun 9, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
And you need to learn more about how Martin Luther wanted the starving peasants to be put death as offenders of GOD ... while Martin sat with his over-stuffed belly full of the tastiest food to be found in his new kingdom of "universal truth."

Prince George, Canada

#543171 Jun 9, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
As is your dimwitted husband, you are an expert at picking scriptures that make you appear as WISE ...and holy ... and others as evil.

Try swallowing the following scripture whole and see if it goes down as universal Protestant truth???

Idiot!
>>>>>

Isaiah 45:7 KJV
King James Version

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Scales Off 10,161
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 3 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... 4 hr Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web