Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653886 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537698 May 17, 2014
KayMarie wrote:

LOL Humility is a godly characteristic..
Well you don't have any, so you don't have to worry about that.

Any person who already believes he/she is saved has NO humility ... especially at the same time entertaining the gruesome belief that others that are not Protestant deserve to spend eternity in hell.

You don't even know the meaning of the word humility.
Country boy

Pittsburgh, PA

#537699 May 17, 2014
Why haven't Roman Catholics noticed what God says?

NO IDOLS! NO IMAGES!

This means: AT ALL TIMES!

No "RELIGIOUS" usage of statues or likenesses of anything!

NONE, WHATSOEVER!

Prince George, Canada

#537700 May 17, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they crucified Him for claiming He was the Son of God and for starting the Catholic Church.
Myths don't live except in imaginations.

You are too stubborn ... to willfull ... too ignorant ... too arrogant ... too blind-sighted ... suffering from too much tunnel vision ... to admit that other religions also have savior-myths that they also believe are real and that the saviors are coming to save THEM.

You will ignore this post ... because it's easier for you to not address the issue.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537701 May 17, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
At first I was overjoyed, as I finally understood the origins, of your belief in God's implantation into Mary of Jesus, and calling her a surrogate.
Then I became concerned for you.
And now, I am not sure if you would desire to know.
So, I will leave well enough alone, for now. But perhaps in the future we might discuss the situation. It is very complex, and will need much thought as to how to communicate successfully on what your beliefs on this surrogacy entail....
Peace
Confusing faith with theory / fact again.

Really, what do you "know" that you weren't taught from early childhood?

How much critical thinking have you done on this?

Not much in most cases. So be content debating some who believe Hell is at the center of planet earth.

Come to the lite.

peace and ramen

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537702 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans would still kill ... crime would not go down ...most people of the world would not be fed ... but the only thing that would change is that people would not kill because of religion because there wouldn't BE any.
And by the way ... most people in the world ARE in religion. So the fact that killing doesn't stop, crime does not go down, and most people of the world go to bed hungry, ravished with disease, means that religion itself does NOT work, and that the teaching of hell is NOT a deterrent to crime.
As the heavy duty Christian Judge Mathis stated ... "There are just as many crooks in churches as there are in bars."
So I suggest you stop bragging about the benefits of "your Christian" religion.
And by the way ... what happened to your dislike of the WORD religion, you shyster!!!
My dislike of Religion was not being questioned. I SUGGEST you have made deflecting an Art..you never answered how is eradicating Religion gonna help? what will be so much better? I SUGGEST you can't stand people being happy, cause you are amongst the Minority of the World, and you're miserable because society and Religion shun you..I SUGGEST you stop preaching about the benefits of atheist religion when clearly you are miserable..

Prince George, Canada

#537703 May 17, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
At first I was overjoyed, as I finally understood the origins, of your belief in God's implantation into Mary of Jesus, and calling her a surrogate.
Then I became concerned for you.
And now, I am not sure if you would desire to know.
So, I will leave well enough alone, for now. But perhaps in the future we might discuss the situation. It is very complex, and will need much thought as to how to communicate successfully on what your beliefs on this surrogacy entail....
Peace
And here comes the master of something or other, although he's not quite sure where his mastership is supposed to LIE.

Are you still no longer a Protestant or a Catholic but are still somewhere in your Christian CENTER???

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#537704 May 17, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Orthodox and Oriental Churches as well as the Catholic Church believe Mary was "assumed" into heaven. Assumed is also an active term.
There are examples of others being "assumed" into heaven in the bible. Why is it so objectionable to protestants that Mary was too?
the Orthodox's believe that Mary died a human death and then was taken to Heaven Your church believes Mary did not die a human death before going to Heaven. Correct??
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537705 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you don't have any, so you don't have to worry about that.
Any person who already believes he/she is saved has NO humility ... especially at the same time entertaining the gruesome belief that others that are not Protestant deserve to spend eternity in hell.
You don't even know the meaning of the word humility.
I humbly agree.

I am amazed at how often you Junith agree with the teachings of Jesus.

ramen
Country boy

Pittsburgh, PA

#537706 May 17, 2014
Back in the 4th Century, CE, Romanism falsely labeled itself as authentic Christianity, even though idolatrous Romanism bears no resemblance to the original "true" form of Apostolic Christianity that SHUNNED idolatry and pagan heathenism.
Tiger answered 5 months ago
The issue concerning any church and its practices should be “Is this biblical?” If a teaching is Biblical (taken in context), it should be embraced. If it is not, it should be rejected. God is more interested in whether a church is doing His will and obeying His Word than whether it can trace a line of succession back to Jesus’ apostles. Jesus was very concerned about abandoning the Word of God to follow the traditions of men (Mark 7:7). Traditions are not inherently invalid…there are some good and valuable traditions. Again, the issue must be whether a doctrine, practice, or tradition is Biblical. How then does the Roman Catholic Church compare with the teachings of the Word of God?
Salvation: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that salvation is by baptismal regeneration and is maintained through the Catholic sacraments unless a willful act of sin is committed that breaks the state of sanctifying grace. The Bible teaches that we are saved by grace which is received through simple faith (Ephesians 2:8-9), and that good works are the result of a change of the heart wrought in salvation (Ephesians 2:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17) and the fruit of that new life in Christ (John 15).
Assurance of salvation: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that salvation cannot be guaranteed or assured. 1 John 5:13 states that the letter of 1 John was written for the purpose of assuring believers of the CERTAINTY of their salvation.
Good Works: The Roman Catholic Church states that Christians are saved by meritorious works (beginning with baptism) and that salvation is maintained by good works (receiving the sacraments, confession of sin to a priest, etc.) The Bible states that Christians are saved by grace through faith, totally apart from works (Titus 3:5; Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 3:10-11; Romans 3:19-24).
Baptism: In the New Testament baptism is ALWAYS practiced AFTER saving faith in Christ. Baptism is not the means of salvation; it is faith in the Gospel that saves (1 Corinthians 1:14-18; Romans 10:13-17). The Roman Catholic Church teaches baptismal regeneration of infants, a practice never found in Scripture. The only possible hint of infant baptism in the Bible that the Roman Catholic Church can point to is that the whole household of the
MIMI

Prince George, Canada

#537707 May 17, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you've done it. I envision the angry god of the Old Testament with a gun.
ramen
YEAH ... that image of a god is as sick as the men that created it, and it's also promiscuous to hit's invisible core.

Bunkology.
Country boy

Pittsburgh, PA

#537708 May 17, 2014
Philippian jailer was baptized in Acts 16:33. However, the context nowhere mentions infants. Acts 16:31 declares that salvation is by faith. Paul spoke to all of the household in verse 32, and the whole household believed (verse 34). This passage only supports the baptism of those who have already believed, not of infants.
Prayer: The Roman Catholic Church teaches Catholics to not only pray to God, but also to petition Mary and the saints for their prayers. Contrary to this, we are taught in Scripture to only pray to God (Matthew 6:9; Luke 18:1-7).
Priesthood: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that there is a distinction between the clergy and the “lay people,” whereas the New Testament teaches the priesthood of all believers (1 Peter 2:9).
Sacraments: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that a believer is infused with grace upon reception of the sacraments. Such teaching is nowhere found in Scripture.
Confession: The Roman Catholic Church teaches that unless a believer is hindered, the only way to receive the forgiveness of sins is by confessing them to a priest. Contrary to this, Scripture teaches that confession of sins is to be made to God (1 John 1:9).
Mary: The Roman Catholic Church teaches, among other things, that Mary is the Queen of Heaven, a perpetual virgin, and the co-redemptress who ascended into heaven. In Scripture, she is portrayed as an obedient, believing servant of God, who became the mother of Jesus. None of the other attributes mentioned by the Roman Catholic Church have any basis in the Bible. The idea of Mary being the co-redemptress and another mediator between God and man is not only extra-biblical (found only outside of Scripture), but is also unbiblical (contrary to Scripture). Acts 4:12 declares that Jesus is the only redeemer. 1 Timothy 2:5 proclaims that Jesus is the only mediator between God and men.
Many other examples could be given. These issues alone clearly identify the Catholic Church as being unbiblical. Every Christian denomination has traditions and practices that are not explicitly based on Scripture. That is why Scripture must be the standard of Christian faith and practice. The Word of God is always true and reliable. The same cannot be said of church tradition. Our guideline is to be:“What does Scripture say?”(Romans 4:3; Galatians 4:30; Acts 17:11). 2 Timothy 3:16-17 declares,“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537709 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jewish Jesus is going to take your rotten physical body to Christian heaven???
It's true that some of the dumbest people on earth are the most religious.
Well, not ALL of Jesus' teachings :o)

ramen

Prince George, Canada

#537710 May 17, 2014
Country boy wrote:
Why haven't Roman Catholics noticed what God says?
Another Protestant looking for a fight. Just what the world needs!

Idiots abound.

Location hidden

#537711 May 17, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they crucified Him for claiming He was the Son of God and for starting the Catholic Church.
The crucified Him because he claimed to be thier long awaiting messiah. Here to full fill the Old testament.Not for starting the Catholic church..nope

Prince George, Canada

#537712 May 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> My dislike of Religion was not being questioned...
When you preach your version of the Christian religion at me and at the same time claim that you dislike the word religion, you are a hypocrite.

If you don't believe that the Christian religion is worthy of your respect, then don't be preaching your Jesusized version as being based on truth.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#537713 May 17, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> the Orthodox's believe that Mary died a human death and then was taken to Heaven Your church believes Mary did not die a human death before going to Heaven. Correct??
No.

Prince George, Canada

#537715 May 17, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I humbly agree.
I am amazed at how often you Junith agree with the teachings of Jesus.
ramen
Have you noticed that I believe if Jesus had lived he would have been the leader of a horrible cult???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537716 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And here comes the master of something or other, although he's not quite sure where his mastership is supposed to LIE.
Are you still no longer a Protestant or a Catholic but are still somewhere in your Christian CENTER???
:)
Maybe you inspired him to go back to the RCC? All in a few weeks too. A retreat to the roots. Amazing.

I say again, you own them. The more they "know," the firmer the grip.

But not the rabbonni. I am in the lite :o)

ramen

Location hidden

#537717 May 17, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Please explain
Liam

Aurora, CO

#537718 May 17, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>So, are you ignorant enough that you think that the great arch angel is making a prayer to cmary? lol
it was a greeting as LTM is trying to tell you people
In your 21st century mind, the Angel said, "Well hello Mary, how are ya? Say, God needs you to be an incubator because you're highly favored by Him... Are you in? If not, there are hundreds of other Woman in this town, so don't feel obligated to say yes" .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web