Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641484 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537635 May 17, 2014
who="Sherlayne"]< quoted text>
June, know what gets me? Just what is a "blessing"? Just a good wish? I have no idea what a "blessing" supposedly does.
----------
Our words are powerful. "The power of life and death is in the tongue."
Parents curse their children by telling them that they 'will never amount to anything', or other such nonsense. The children are wounded by such declaration.
It is better to declare goodness to your children (and everyone else)...THAT is a blessing. Our society does a lot of blessing when we say, "Have a good day." We are blessing others that way.

A simple "good-bye" is a contraction of a blessing: "God be with you."

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#537636 May 17, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
I don't see that one anywhere in the Bible...
There is so much more you don't see in Holy Scripture. There are more books in the Bible, protestants deleted 7, there are 72 total. More books in the Vatican Library, the 72 are the ones the Catholics decided which books would go into the Bible we have. If every book was added You would not to be able to carry them ALL! Be thankful the Catholics gave you the Holy Bible!

The Hail Mary is found in Lk.1:28
Pray for us in Rev. 8:3-4

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2007/06/22/a...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#537637 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that the term spiritual foundation is an oxymoronic term.
You don't believe that the spirit of the Muslims or those who are not in your cult ... is connected to the spirit of the creator.
That is not a fair way to play your moronic games of rightness!!!
Not even CLOSE!
Kay's words. Not mine. She said "scriptural foundation".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#537638 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish term TEMPLE existed before the bible.
And long before that, people worshipped gods and goddesses in the Jungles ... without the problematic male-created words compiled in books to in turn confuse them.
Again, I will point out that pope Leo X and Martin Luther USED the same words in the same bible to point at each other as being antichrists ... and you people choose to learn nothing from their stupidity.
Jesus founded the Church. He didn't found another Jewish or a pagan temple.

Still going with the vinegar eh June?

“Happy 2016!!”

#537639 May 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....You believe this because most Christians were taught to believe this when by chance they were born into a christian family.

.....If by chance you were born into a loving Muslim or Jewish family, your entire logic about Jesus would be reversed......and you would be posting your love of Allah or God almighty with no Jesus story.

....Interesting that being born in a certain location in our world MORE often than not determines who and how you worship.
....religions and religious beliefs compete with each other for superiority, just like Ford competes with Chevrolet.
Explain this.(LOL)

"Muslims Convert to Catholicism: Millions Each Year!

Jesus instead of Jihad - Every year six million Muslims convert to Christianity

Http://plinthos.blogspot.com/2013/03/muslims-...

Two million converts in Russia, 250,000 in Malaysia, 80,000 in Algeria

In Algeria, there were approximately 80,000 Muslims who were baptized, which prompted the country's government to enact laws against Christian proselytism. In these years, Moroccan media continued to report the baptism of tens of thousands of citizens. People see war and crisis zones in Islam and they decide for Christ, as the representative of an evangelical community in Sudan said.

In Malaysia, according to the Mufti of Perak, 250,000 Muslims have submitted officially to the authorities the application for change a of religion to Christianity. Such a change is only allowed for members of ethnic minorities. On the number of Malays who were baptized in secret, there is no information."

Thanks be to God !
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537640 May 17, 2014
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
OH! whats the point in God coming back to judge everyone if you have already punched your ticket?
At what exact moment in your life did YOU determine you are going to heaven?
When Gif closes your casket for the last time you will be going where everyone else is going. Back to mother earth.
----------
In June of 1947 He invited me to believe in/follow Him. I did, and HE punched my ticket. He has promised NEVER to forsake me. All I have to do is stick with Him.''

If I die before He returns, they will put my body in the earth...but it won't stay there, because He has promised to take me back with Him when He comes back.
Liam

Denver, CO

#537641 May 17, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Liam"]<quote d text>
You're such a liar. Man.. Do you know what dogma even is? I'm not going to explain it either... I've wasted countless hrs doing fundies homework, only to have them completely ignore it all.
Repeat after me: Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among woman, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
----------
I don't see that one anywhere in the Bible...
That really ain't my problem, Kay. I see Marian doctrine all over Scripture and I don't think i need to apologize to you if it doesn't meet your criteria of how a doctrine should be spelled out.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537642 May 17, 2014
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
Maybe King James the first and his Puritan liars omitted to write it in there.
The Catholics were also very adept at leaving Jewish ideas out of the new testament that they thought would agree with Judaism's lies.
And the Jewish theologians that compiled the monotheistic god dogma omitted to write that their ancestors, the Hebrews, believed in multiple gods.
All theologians preferred and still prefer their own lies to the lies of other theologians.
It was from them you learned your lies and how to try to defend the lies against other theological lies.
I suggest that none of them knew what, if anything comes after death of physical bodies. Nary a ONE.
But they were dishonest, and they taught you to also be dishonest.

----------
"The natural man does not receive/understand the things of the spirit..." So it all looks like lies to you.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537643 May 17, 2014
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
Notice religious people often say evil lurks, the devil will get you, satan is taking your soul.....etc. yet these same people never seem to have a plan to banish these little devils. They keep popping up all the time in their lives.
I have yet to experience such sillyness. I feel left out.(lol)

----------
You just haven't noticed...

“Happy 2016!!”

#537644 May 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get is this..
The Catholics and atheists insist NOTHING was written about Jesus in the early days.

I know that what we have is only preserved and written from the Holy Spirit and that's,not my point. And I'm convinced that Matthew and Possibly John at least, and John Mark could certainly have had the words of Jesus written down before they wrote any gospeln in full .
I mean really, they were Jews, they wrote and here is the Messiah . Would they not write a thing until decades later ???? No letters,or notes??? For later use...I think they did..
We shall know,in heaven if God chooses..
Who knows how,much in notations, letters , records etc were DESTROYED in 70 AD.or for that matter during the various persecutions...One reason I'm sure the letters at least we're copied and passed on to the other Churches...to be preserved for Today .
God is,great in His,preserving what we have ....but who knows what was lost
You wrote.....

"The Catholics and atheists insist NOTHING was written about Jesus in the early days."

That IS NOT what Catholics say...
We say Jesus never ordered the Apostles to write anything down!
Jesus' message was carried out by The Word at daily breaking of bread, Mass.

Google Vatican Library.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#537645 May 17, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
Did Mary and Joseph give him the name Jesus?
==========
God told Joseph to call His name Jesus.
Luke 1
30 And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

31 Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus.

Matthew 1
20 But while he thought on these things, behold the angel of the Lord appeared to him in his sleep, saying: Joseph, son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife, for that which is conceived in her, is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son: and thou shalt call his name JESUS. For he shall save his people from their sins.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537646 May 17, 2014
who="StarC"]<quot ed text>
There is so much more you don't see in Holy Scripture. There are more books in the Bible, protestants deleted 7, there are 72 total. More books in the Vatican Library, the 72 are the ones the Catholics decided which books would go into the Bible we have. If every book was added You would not to be able to carry them ALL! Be thankful the Catholics gave you the Holy Bible!

----------
There is a reason for those books hidden in their library. I've read one of them...and it is NOT gospel.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#537647 May 17, 2014
28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

42 And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#537648 May 17, 2014
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537649 May 17, 2014
[who="StarC"]<quo ted text>
You wrote.....
"The Catholics and atheists insist NOTHING was written about Jesus in the early days."
Google Vatican Library.

----------
Jesus told John to write the things He told Him IN A BOOK, and send it to the churches.(Rev.)
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#537650 May 17, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are fibbing StarC. Catholic's lay claim to a lot of things but it doesn't make it true.
I thank the Catholic Church for nothing. It is a false Doctrine.
The angel of the Lord greet Mary with Hail same thing as saying hello. Lk 1:28
Rev.8 :3-4 C hapter 8

We have already seen what occurred upon opening six of the seals; we now come to the opening of the seventh, which introduced the sounding of the seven trumpets; and a direful scene now opens. Most expositors agree that the seven seals represent the interval between the apostle’s time and the reign of Constantine, but that the seven trumpets are designed to represent the rise of antichrist, some time after the empire became Christian. In this chapter we have, I. The preface, or prelude, to the sounding of the trumpets, Rev. 8:1-6. II. The sounding of four of the trumpets.

Seventh Seal: Prelude to the Seven Trumpets

8 When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets. 3 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.

6 So the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

First Trumpet: Vegetation Struck

7 The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth.[a] And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.

Second Trumpet: The Seas Struck

8 Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Third Trumpet: The Waters Struck

10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

Fourth Trumpet: The Heavens Struck

12 Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night.

13 And I looked, and I heard an angel[b] flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice,“Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!”

“Happy 2016!!”

#537651 May 17, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get is this..
The Catholics and atheists insist NOTHING was written about Jesus in the early days.

I know that what we have is only preserved and written from the Holy Spirit and that's,not my point. And I'm convinced that Matthew and Possibly John at least, and John Mark could certainly have had the words of Jesus written down before they wrote any gospeln in full .
I mean really, they were Jews, they wrote and here is the Messiah . Would they not write a thing until decades later ???? No letters,or notes??? For later use...I think they did..
We shall know,in heaven if God chooses..
Who knows how,much in notations, letters , records etc were DESTROYED in 70 AD.or for that matter during the various persecutions...One reason I'm sure the letters at least we're copied and passed on to the other Churches...to be preserved for Today .
God is,great in His,preserving what we have ....but who knows what was lost
You wrote.....

It was the Apostles that decided to write the letters.
Google Vatican Library.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537652 May 17, 2014
who="Regina"]<quo ted text>
Luke 1
30 And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.
31 Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus.
Matthew 1
20 But while he thought on these things, behold the angel of the Lord appeared to him in his sleep, saying: Joseph, son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife, for that which is conceived in her, is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son: and thou shalt call his name JESUS. For he shall save his people from their sins.

----------
Thanks for doing the 'homework'. I knew that He had told both of them that, but couldn't recall the location, and my Bible was out of reach.(I don't get around well.)
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537653 May 17, 2014
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
She doesn't WANT to entertain such thoughts. She wants to be IMPORTANT and live forever slathered with eternal love ... while she is certain that others that she perceives are evil ... deserve eternal hell.
You can't get THROUGH to religious devotees that hold such benevolent impressions of their selves.
They first have to believe they are on an equal path with all other human and non-human animals in order to want to burst their own superior attitudes that they hold of their selves.

----------
LOL Humility is a godly characteristic. Hell wasn't my idea...and God didn't prepare it for men. It was intended for the devil and his co-horts. Too bad some humans fall into that category.
I'm not happy to see any one go to hell.

We are NOT equal to the animals. I love animals, but they are not equal to humans.

“Happy 2016!!”

#537654 May 17, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="StarC"]<quot ed text>
----------
There is a reason for those books hidden in their library. I've read one of them...and it is NOT gospel.
Kay did you know if you click " reply" The quote comes up without having to copy and paste?

The library is open to the public, not 'hidden', of course you'll have to go to Rome, what are the chances of that? lol.
Or you can go to New York when they are displayed there....(what are the chances of that.

Not gospel? Says who? The founder of your 20th century church?
Believe The Church that Jesus started, not man/women made up churches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr I recently left 10,102
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) 15 hr Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 17 hr truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web