Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603230 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#537323 May 15, 2014
LOL.

In the words of the Washington Post: Ninja Cat:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/m...

United States

#537324 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
Holy Spirit protected the Bible FROM the church. That is why we have copies to this day. The Gates of Hell were not able to destroy it or keep it hidden from the masses - though the Catholic Church tried.
-
From a Catholic POV, murder and torture is fair punishment for even owning a Bible.
And yes, that all makes sense ... if you are blood-thirsty.
-
-
Liam wrote:
You're a complete moron, guest. A frighteningly ignorant moron.
Who protected the Bible when Protestants tore out 7 Books? The Catholic Church did. You havent a clue what the Bible is... its a collection of Sacred Scriptures put together by the Roman Catholic Church in 380 AD. It did not come with a list. It did not fall from the sky...Jesus and His Apostles did NOT GIVE US A LIST. If u got a problem with our collection of Sacred Scriptures, then get your own collection. Joseph Smith did. Muhammad did. Luther did. Gather your own u idiot. Put the writings of David Koresh and the other SDA fanatics in there.
-
-
Liam wrote:
You're a complete moron, guest. A frighteningly ignorant moron.
Jesus said, "Call NO MAN Father."
There is nothing more frighteningly ignorant than going against his direct and explicit command and calling the likes of torturous and murderous popes by the name Jesus told the ENTIRE WORLD was to be reserved ONLY for his Father in Heaven.
I Have quoted this to you, over and over. "Call NO MAN Father."
Call me a moron for that. Go right ahead. I will consider it a compliment, since Jesus said the same words. And ... calling me moron for this, you call Jesus a moron, as well.
-
-
Liam wrote:

Who protected the Bible when Protestants tore out 7 Books? The Catholic Church did.
If you want to call murdering Christians for owning a copy of the Bible "protection" go right ahead. The Protestants did not tear out 7 books. The Catholic Church ADDED them, where they should not be. The Jewish Canon of scripture had already been set for over 600 years when the Catholics decided to add to it. THAT is NOT "protection." That is slander and blasphemy of God's word.
-
-
Liam wrote:

its a collection of Sacred Scriptures put together by the Roman Catholic Church in 380 AD.
It is a collection of letters written by the Apostles, and the Jewish Canon of Scripture. It is Sacred Scripture protected by Holy Spirit from the meddling of a church that has no respect for it, otherwise they would heed the message of it. The Apostles didn't need to give you a list. Holy Spirit had that all wrapped up and sealed ...
-
-
Liam wrote:
If u got a problem with our collection of Sacred Scriptures, then get your own collection.
The Catholic church OBVIOUSLY had a problem with the Jewish Collection of scriptures - since they had to add to it.
And you tell me to get my own collection? No. I have too much respect for the Bible to attempt to re-do it.
-
-
Liam wrote:
Joseph Smith did. Muhammad did. Luther did. Gather your own u idiot. Put the writings of David Koresh and the other SDA fanatics in there.
We have NONE OTHER than the CATHOLIC CHURCH to "thank" for the likes of Mohammad, and Joseph Smith. Murdering people in the Name of God was learned behavior - Mohammad learned it by watching YOU!
for 300 years people of Middle East tribes watched Catholics murder and torture in the Name of God.
Go figure.
And David Koresh? he only wished he could cause the damage the Catholic Church has caused.

Jesus said it, I believe it: "Call No Man You Father."
Chess

Columbus, OH

#537325 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially Pantera.

That'd really muck things up, huh?

I hear he's likely buried in Germany.

United States

#537326 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
What is GIF?
-
Michael wrote:
...Its FIG spelled backwards. Just like GOD is DOG spelled backwards.....try and keep up!
-
-
I Y W T P G P S T R

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537327 May 15, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Who were those "ex-Jew Catholics"?
You might consider Paul and "ex-Jew", but he wasn't a Catholic.
As best the reliable record can provide, James, Peter, John, and Jesus never were "ex-Jews".
All of the Jewish Characters that supposedly turned traitor against Judaism to later favor Christianity were made up characters by the Catholics. And that included Jesus and the devil.

By the way, as the story went, was the devil Jewish in origin as was Jesus, or was he Catholic.

Idiots!
oops

United States

#537328 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> she can slither her way up like most snakes do.
Is this in regards to Prune RanDumQuirk? I was hoping she'd get lost in the sewage system

Prince George, Canada

#537329 May 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus began the downfall of an empire which had previously drawn strength from being tolerate of differing religions.
ramen
The emperors before Constantine were tolerant of the varying religions, but it was plain that after 20 emperors were assassinated in a seventy-year period, the varying religions were NOT tolerant of the emperors.

That is why Constantine converted to Catholicism after he gave the Catholics the power. He wanted to live.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#537330 May 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>.
.......Ah! But what would have happened if the locals had changed their mind on this 50/50 decision and screamed Barabas instead? They had the ultimate choice.......or was the fix in?
...imagine 15 locals who couldn't read, write, or reason convinced the Roman Governor he was making a wrong decision, were responsible for the death of this man.
.....and just a week before all these locals claimed to have loved this man.
,.....puzzle pieces are missing from this story to the week leading up to his death recorded only in the NT and nowhere else.
Of course the fix was in...between those planted by the Sanhedrin and those who were friends of Barajas, other zealots, and the influence of the Evil One , Jesus never stood a chance.
Secret trials in the night , etc..but then He knew this would happen..spreading God's message and dying are why He was there, HOWEVER , the Pharisees and zealots had a choice...as we all do ..

Those who loved Him were hiding ....except for the women and John..

Prince George, Canada

#537331 May 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan says Jews rejected Jesus.
The Catholics made up the story that Jesus rejected the Jews and that is what pissed Jesus off.

Actually it was plain that in real life the Jews rejected the idea that Jesus could be a Jewish messiah when he turned against them to favor Catholicism.

It would be no different if the pope left to join the Protestants ... the Catholics would turn against the pope.

Same difference.

The theology is wacky in that a Jewish Rabbi would NEVER turn against the faithful Jews to join the Catholic religion.

Ludicrous blather.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#537332 May 15, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would one presume that Jewish scribes would write about a man whose teachings they rejected, or that Roman scribes would write about someone they considered a nutcase or rabble-rouser (if they evern regarded him at all)?
I wouldn't expect it.
The whole deal was underground for centuries. Recall that they were persecuted, right?
And what writings from the Sanhedrin or the early Christians for that matter, burned up in 70AD..everything in the temple or in homes or the Early Church....we have NO WAY OF KNOWING what was lost .None...

I know nothing was written in the Early Church, not ONE word , I say there just as easily were letters ,between Churches and Jerusalem, accounts of Jesus by those who killed Him , His words written by a follower.....the Jews loved words.....

Prince George, Canada

#537333 May 15, 2014
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this in regards to Prune RanDumQuirk? I was hoping she'd get lost in the sewage system
Well I in return hope that you have the motivation to free your self from all religion, so that you will stop fighting over who Jesus loves and who he will reject to the pits of hell.

By the way ... you right-fighters want to take credit for Jesus either being a Catholic or a Protestant ... but who wants to take "credit" for the religion of the devil???

After all, if the devil is involved, he must either favor Catholics or Protestants, as he can't favor both ... RIGHT???

FOOLS!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#537334 May 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never stood a chance.
Well the Catholics and Protestants should split Jesus down his middle and each take half of a Jew.

Half of a Jew is better than no Jew at all ... when it pertains to salvation.

That way ... each of you will only half go to hell and half to heaven.

Won't that be fair to both Catholics and Protestants?

Dumb and dumber.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#537335 May 15, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush,'tard.
I'm reading Volume 39 of the The Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges -- 1910 ressue.
It's got an apology for why a man might be carrying a pitcher of water in the gospels when he'd never do that in real life 1st century Palestine.
The answer's not in the Cambridge Bible's commentary, but let me give you (actually those smarter than you who are reading along) a hint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kjxSCAalsBEXX
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake

Prince George, Canada

#537336 May 15, 2014
It didn't take long for the Catholics to label all these split-apart Gnostic Christians driven insane BY religion to be labeled as heretics and disposed of in royal fashion.

If they didn't become Catholic, they could look forward to torture and death.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

In the fourth and fifth centuries, literally thousands of Christians expressed their religion in monasticism, often in bizarre ways, without benefit of sacraments, Bible, or clergy. They lived in caves, trees, tombs, holes, and mud huts. They killed the bath, encouraged vermin, fasted inordinately, seldom slept, wore coarse clothing, went barefooted, and attempted to outdo each one another in physical discomfort. The more they tried not to think of sex, the more they failed, so that sex was a constant problem. Some would not look at women, others would not allow a female cat about.

Prince George, Canada

#537337 May 15, 2014
Whether it was Jews enforcing their religion, or Catholics enforcing their religion, or Muslims enforcing their religion, or Protestants enforcing their religion ... it was certain that they all meant business.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

This group of Jews believed in forced conversion, even of other Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees

Prince George, Canada

#537338 May 15, 2014
And they all had the equivalent of hells, as it was very important to keep up with the Joneses.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Gehenna (ge hen a)(Heb.) The place of eternal torment. Strictly speaking, it means the “Valley of Hinnom”(Ge-Hinnom), where the sacrifices of BAAL and MOLOCH were offered . It came to be regarded as a place of unquenchable fire, possibly from the fires of Moloch.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#537339 May 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the fix was in...between those planted by the Sanhedrin and those who were friends of Barajas, other zealots, and the influence of the Evil One , Jesus never stood a chance.
Secret trials in the night , etc..but then He knew this would happen..spreading God's message and dying are why He was there, HOWEVER , the Pharisees and zealots had a choice...as we all do ..
Those who loved Him were hiding ....except for the women and John..
.......Only the scriptures report these stories. Remember that there were many Jewish/roman scribes, philosophers, government officials who wrote exclusively about the Jews yet not a word do we have by any of them of a miracle walking god/man Jesus. Why is history silent?. Only the NT reported the sky darkening and the earth opening and dead zombies walking around.
......If someone brought me back from the dead, or restored my eye sight I would not be hiding.

....Scriptures claim 12 apostles were hiding in fear for their lives, yet as the story goes just 3 days later they were all out preaching to the very people they were hiding from in the first place.

...Does that make sense?

Prince George, Canada

#537340 May 15, 2014
If the devil favors one religion over another ... does that mean that he is favoring evil IN that religion???

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#537341 May 15, 2014
If you people don't take your selves out of your personalized religious cults, you are going to dumb-down your children with the same right-fighter's dis-ease.

There is NO question about that issue.
Liam

United States

#537342 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>Jesus said, "Call NO MAN Father."
There is nothing more frighteningly ignorant than going against his direct and explicit command and calling the likes of torturous and murderous popes by the name Jesus told the ENTIRE WORLD was to be reserved ONLY for his Father in Heaven.
I Have quoted this to you, over and over. "Call NO MAN Father."
Call me a moron for that. Go right ahead. I will consider it a compliment, since Jesus said the same words. And ... calling me moron for this, you call Jesus a moron, as well.
-
-
<quoted text>If you want to call murdering Christians for owning a copy of the Bible "protection" go right ahead. The Protestants did not tear out 7 books. The Catholic Church ADDED them, where they should not be. The Jewish Canon of scripture had already been set for over 600 years when the Catholics decided to add to it. THAT is NOT "protection." That is slander and blasphemy of God's word.
-
-
<quoted text>It is a collection of letters written by the Apostles, and the Jewish Canon of Scripture. It is Sacred Scripture protected by Holy Spirit from the meddling of a church that has no respect for it, otherwise they would heed the message of it. The Apostles didn't need to give you a list. Holy Spirit had that all wrapped up and sealed ...
-
-
<quoted text>The Catholic church OBVIOUSLY had a problem with the Jewish Collection of scriptures - since they had to add to it.
And you tell me to get my own collection? No. I have too much respect for the Bible to attempt to re-do it.
-
-
<quoted text>
We have NONE OTHER than the CATHOLIC CHURCH to "thank" for the likes of Mohammad, and Joseph Smith. Murdering people in the Name of God was learned behavior - Mohammad learned it by watching YOU!
for 300 years people of Middle East tribes watched Catholics murder and torture in the Name of God.
Go figure.
And David Koresh? he only wished he could cause the damage the Catholic Church has caused.
You're a deceitful little liar. I'll bet u a hundro, the only reason you lash out at the CC, is because you know you're theologically wrong. You know you aint got an argument. Therefore you make lies up about us- or cling to whatever ridiculous slander you find on the internet. In no way could a human being be this stupid, unless they forced themselves too. Which is EXACTLY what you've done. I've got no time for fanaticism. You people are a cancer to religion. "Call no man Father". Gee duh, I think I see dat in duh bible. It must have been misread by duh disciples of the Apostles." Lol. Gimme a break. Do you call your doctor "doctor? Your boss "Mr." Both mean the same thing as "father" you idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 9,679
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr Passing thru 84,403
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 15 hr Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web