Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650853 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537618 May 17, 2014
[who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
I suggest that the old testament was not written by faithful Jews to Judaism, but rather it was written by disgruntled Jews wanting to start a new religion.
It's common sense that the Jews faithful to Judaism wrote that they were already God's chosen few, so they didn't need a savior-myth to start a new religion.
From my perspective, there is no mystery about the bullshit of religion.

----------
Females who throw B. S. around so freely, could use some religion; some religions bring out the ladylike qualities...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#537619 May 17, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just your interpretations of the Bible I don't follow. I obey God's word. I try and stay close to the Sacraments- especially the Eucharist.
You said: "YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OVER AND OVER AGAIN FROM MY DIRECTION FOR A PERIOD OF SEVEN YEARS"
well that's nice Confrint. And who are you?
Suppose....I ask you the same thing....Who are you and what/what is it that you are listening to ?...

Rev_2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev_2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev_2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev_2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev_3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev_3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Rev_3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#537620 May 17, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush,'tard.
I'm writing my next Topix opus.
Actually, I already wrote it for elsewhere and am dumbing it down so Topix 'tards like you can understand it.
I'm good that way.
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537621 May 17, 2014
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
Thats it out of millions?? two or three people wrote something that was handed down? We can all make up stories and hand them down.
......None of those were contemporary writers. Josephus was born 4 years after Jesus supposedly died. What would he know other than hand-me-down stories that grew bigger with each person who told them.
......I could write about the civil war. Would that make me an eyewitness or just handing down 3rd party information that might be embellished?
Catholics don't believe Jesus had brothers and sisters. They made them cousins because Mary became an ever virgin in their stories. Can't put square pegs into round holes.
someone post a list of contemporary writers outside the NT who witnessed or knew about the miraculous virgin birth, King Herod slaughtering all male infants, the money changer story, dozens of miracles performed for thousands of Jews and witnessed by thousands more, a group of people making the ultimate decision in killing this man, the sky darkening, an earthquake and the ground opening up and zombies coming out.
Walking on water, bringing dead people back to life, making a blind man see again!........no one saw anything yet there were thousands of witnesses? Not one hand me down story?
.... Was Jesus the son of God or a David Copperfield of his time?
Its not wrong to question. If we don't question and only assume, we would never perceive or learn the truth.
----------
Michael, I understand that you want to know the truth...I hope you find it.
But Jesus Himself has made Himself known to me. I know lots of people who have found Him to be very real/alive. A Muslim man, making a trip to Mecca, was visited in a dream (vision?) of Jesus recently. Jesus laid His hand on the man's chest. When he showered the next morning, he thought he had dust on his chest. Looking more closely, he saw that the hair on his chest had turned white where Jesus' hand was laid. His life is changed. There are countless such accounts, much like Paul's conversion on the Damascus road.

I can't make you believe...but I can assure you (and I know FOR SURE ) that He is alive...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537622 May 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! whats the point in God coming back to judge everyone if you have already punched your ticket?
At what exact moment in your life did YOU determine you are going to heaven?
When Gif closes your casket for the last time you will be going where everyone else is going. Back to mother earth.
She doesn't WANT to entertain such thoughts. She wants to be IMPORTANT and live forever slathered with eternal love ... while she is certain that others that she perceives are evil ... deserve eternal hell.

You can't get THROUGH to religious devotees that hold such benevolent impressions of their selves.

They first have to believe they are on an equal path with all other human and non-human animals in order to want to burst their own superior attitudes that they hold of their selves.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#537623 May 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
And here I was dumbing down my post for you,'tard.

Prince George, Canada

#537624 May 17, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
[who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
I suggest that the old testament was not written by faithful Jews to Judaism, but rather it was written by disgruntled Jews wanting to start a new religion.
It's common sense that the Jews faithful to Judaism wrote that they were already God's chosen few, so they didn't need a savior-myth to start a new religion.
From my perspective, there is no mystery about the bullshit of religion.
----------
Females who throw B. S. around so freely, could use some religion; some religions bring out the ladylike qualities...
So now you are not only holiness geared for heaven, but you also ladylike in your qualities???

You have a very high opinion of your self, and that is your right. But whether you ARE right is simply your opinion of your self.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537625 May 17, 2014
who="Anthony MN"]<quoted text>
BTW, by what authority do you declare these bullet points as "absurd" when in fact most of them are clearly scriptural and described as such by many of the Church fathers? Are you like Confrinting and preston who think the fathers were kooks and you have a superior understanding of scripture?

----------
I challenge you to give a scriptural foundation for each of his points...especially that "there is NO salvation outside the Catholic church!"

I am embarrassed to recount the 'personal' teachings of what you call "church fathers", so I'll just say that 'there are some rotten apples in the barrel'.

Prince George, Canada

#537626 May 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice religious people often say evil lurks, the devil will get you, satan is taking your soul.....etc. yet these same people never seem to have a plan to banish these little devils. They keep popping up all the time in their lives.
I have yet to experience such sillyness. I feel left out.(lol)
It makes them feel VERY superior to see "evil" in others and holiness in their selves.

Otherwise what good is their religion to them???

Prince George, Canada

#537627 May 17, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
Michael, I understand that you want to know the truth...I hope you find it.
You are quite the master of bullshit.

You and Martin Luther would have made a "fitting" pair ... pun intended.

You could have built on Martin's ego, while he built on yours ... and soon the castles in the air would have been so impressive that even the lord Jehovah would have bumped into them and stood in awe of their imaginary presence.

Idiot!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537628 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite the master of bullshit.
You and Martin Luther would have made a "fitting" pair ... pun intended.
You could have built on Martin's ego, while he built on yours ... and soon the castles in the air would have been so impressive that even the lord Jehovah would have bumped into them and stood in awe of their imaginary presence.
Idiot!
Do you ever get up in the mornings and say, Thank You God for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing Fine? W/out the Enema :)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#537629 May 17, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Anthony MN"]<quoted text>
BTW, by what authority do you declare these bullet points as "absurd" when in fact most of them are clearly scriptural and described as such by many of the Church fathers? Are you like Confrinting and preston who think the fathers were kooks and you have a superior understanding of scripture?
----------
I challenge you to give a scriptural foundation for each of his points...especially that "there is NO salvation outside the Catholic church!"
I am embarrassed to recount the 'personal' teachings of what you call "church fathers", so I'll just say that 'there are some rotten apples in the barrel'.
"I challenge you to give a scriptural foundation for each of his points...especially that "there is NO salvation outside the Catholic church!"

The CHURCH existed BEFORE the bible. The bible is FROM the CHURCH. Everything you know about God, the bible and salvation is available to you courtesy of the Catholic Church. Although you are heretics and/or the offspring of heretics, by the abundance of grace poured out on the Catholic Church you are able to blessed with the minimal amount of knowledge of salvation through Christ. Only by reconciling with the Church can you receive the fullness of the faith.

"I am embarrassed to recount the 'personal' teachings of what you call "church fathers", so I'll just say that 'there are some rotten apples in the barrel'."

Another lie. The only thing you're embarrassed about is your ignorance of Catholicism, which from pride, resentment and cowardice, you so gleefully attack at every opportunity.

Look inside yourself Kay. Look yourself in the mirror and confess the truth. I know you don't know.

Prince George, Canada

#537630 May 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you ever get up in the mornings and say, Thank You God for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing Fine?
NO.. I thank my self that I stopped believing in a god or gods or goddesses.

From my "free from religion" opinion it would be an insult to my self to believe in a creator that would stand by as a Hitler-figure and expect obedience from his slaves that quiver in fear that if they don't worship the monster, he will reject them to eternal hell.

I get up every morning and am completely free of such delusions.

I focus on trying to do my best with each and every moment that I am alive by treating others with respect, not of their religious compulsions ... but of their human selves.

As I once stated on another thread of the forum to a foaming at the mouth Catholic ... "I am not trying to put the Catholic religion down. I'm trying to BRING it down."

The same goes for all religion. I want people to feel that chances are better than not, they will not BE punished or loved by a supposed creator in a hereafter.

I suggest it's time to let religion go the way of all nightmares. To let go of the fear of punishment in a hereafter is the only way people will stop defending the religious cults and learn to feel whole within the selves.

Prince George, Canada

#537631 May 17, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"I challenge you to give a scriptural foundation
I suggest that the term spiritual foundation is an oxymoronic term.

You don't believe that the spirit of the Muslims or those who are not in your cult ... is connected to the spirit of the creator.

That is not a fair way to play your moronic games of rightness!!!

Not even CLOSE!

Prince George, Canada

#537632 May 17, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The CHURCH existed BEFORE the bible.
The Jewish term TEMPLE existed before the bible.

And long before that, people worshipped gods and goddesses in the Jungles ... without the problematic male-created words compiled in books to in turn confuse them.

Again, I will point out that pope Leo X and Martin Luther USED the same words in the same bible to point at each other as being antichrists ... and you people choose to learn nothing from their stupidity.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537633 May 17, 2014
Did Mary and Joseph give him the name Jesus?
==========
God told Joseph to call His name Jesus.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537634 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.. I thank my self that I stopped believing in a god or gods or goddesses.
From my "free from religion" opinion it would be an insult to my self to believe in a creator that would stand by as a Hitler-figure and expect obedience from his slaves that quiver in fear that if they don't worship the monster, he will reject them to eternal hell.
I get up every morning and am completely free of such delusions.
I focus on trying to do my best with each and every moment that I am alive by treating others with respect, not of their religious compulsions ... but of their human selves.
As I once stated on another thread of the forum to a foaming at the mouth Catholic ... "I am not trying to put the Catholic religion down. I'm trying to BRING it down."
The same goes for all religion. I want people to feel that chances are better than not, they will not BE punished or loved by a supposed creator in a hereafter.
I suggest it's time to let religion go the way of all nightmares. To let go of the fear of punishment in a hereafter is the only way people will stop defending the religious cults and learn to feel whole within the selves.
Wow! How do you think the eradication of Religion would change things? would the killing stop? would crime go down? would the world get feed? Did the know that the Fear Of Hell is NOT a Deterrent to Crime?
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#537635 May 17, 2014
who="Sherlayne"]< quoted text>
June, know what gets me? Just what is a "blessing"? Just a good wish? I have no idea what a "blessing" supposedly does.
----------
Our words are powerful. "The power of life and death is in the tongue."
Parents curse their children by telling them that they 'will never amount to anything', or other such nonsense. The children are wounded by such declaration.
It is better to declare goodness to your children (and everyone else)...THAT is a blessing. Our society does a lot of blessing when we say, "Have a good day." We are blessing others that way.

A simple "good-bye" is a contraction of a blessing: "God be with you."

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#537636 May 17, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
I don't see that one anywhere in the Bible...
There is so much more you don't see in Holy Scripture. There are more books in the Bible, protestants deleted 7, there are 72 total. More books in the Vatican Library, the 72 are the ones the Catholics decided which books would go into the Bible we have. If every book was added You would not to be able to carry them ALL! Be thankful the Catholics gave you the Holy Bible!

The Hail Mary is found in Lk.1:28
Pray for us in Rev. 8:3-4

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2007/06/22/a...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#537637 May 17, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that the term spiritual foundation is an oxymoronic term.
You don't believe that the spirit of the Muslims or those who are not in your cult ... is connected to the spirit of the creator.
That is not a fair way to play your moronic games of rightness!!!
Not even CLOSE!
Kay's words. Not mine. She said "scriptural foundation".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web