Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649850 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537495 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH OH ... you are preaching religion.
Naughty naughty!
:)
Nope only what I see Romans Documented..

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#537496 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in religion are never honest
Are you suggesting those out of religion are honest?
Anthony MN

United States

#537497 May 16, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Anthony MN" ]<quoted text>
"Sola fide—the doctrine of justification by faith alone apart from works—is simply recognizing what is taught over and over in Scripture—that at some point in time God declares ungodly sinners righteous by imputing Christ’s righteousness to them (Romans 4:5, 5:8, 5:19)."
The problem with this is that no where in the bible does it teach we are justified by faith ALONE. In fact, St. James EXPLICITLY says we ARE NOT justified by faith alone. This is why Luther tried to remove the his epistle from scripture.
----------
It would be just as simple to say: "The reason I know that Catholicism is wrong, is because that no other religions agree with it!" LOL
Lol. Except that you don't know what Catholicism is, nor do you want to.
Anthony MN

United States

#537498 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you don't mind when a priest teaches that all others deserve to go to a fiery hell is they are not Catholic.
But it bothered my father, and for that I am proud OF my father for leaving such a nasty religion.
Whoop-di-do.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537499 May 16, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Are you suggesting those out of religion are honest?
Not at all. But we don't judge others as evil sinners and then pretend that a god supports our opinions.

I already posted today that I want soldiers to kill those that threaten my safety.

I don't pretend to be other than a selfish human. It saves a lot of time and ridiculous pomposity.

I would steal if I was starving. I would kill if my life was threatened. I would lie if I felt it was absolutely necessary. I would do many things under certain circumstances of which I wouldn't be proud ... but I would NOT claim that a devil lured me into temptation. I would take responsibility for my own behavior and try to do better to treat my neighbors in a fair manner.

Prince George, Canada

#537500 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoop-di-do.
For agreeing with your priest that stated to my father that others should burn in the pits of hell-fire ... you haven't a credible response. And that's understandable.

I suggest you want to hope that there is no book of life in which your callous words are documented.

Prince George, Canada

#537501 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Except that you don't know what Catholicism is, nor do you want to.
WHO in their right mind would want to know more about Catholicism???

Is it not enough that the Catholic church fathers slaughtered innocent Jews for centuries by claiming they killed a savior (Ihcuc) that never even existed.

Prince George, Canada

#537502 May 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....You believe this because most Christians were taught to believe this when by chance they were born into a christian family.
.....If by chance you were born into a loving Muslim or Jewish family, your entire logic about Jesus would be reversed......and you would be posting your love of Allah or God almighty with no Jesus story.
....Interesting that being born in a certain location in our world MORE often than not determines who and how you worship.
....religions and religious beliefs compete with each other for superiority, just like Ford competes with Chevrolet.
Well stated.

Religion is a very serious game of competition. And it is only peaceful, until they start discussing who the gods love and who they will reject to hell.

Then the battle is ON.
Anthony MN

United States

#537503 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For agreeing with your priest that stated to my father that others should burn in the pits of hell-fire ... you haven't a credible response. And that's understandable.
I suggest you want to hope that there is no book of life in which your callous words are documented.
I suggest you're a grouchy and lonely old broad who derives pleasure from provoking outrage from Christians who have sincerely held beliefs and then puts on a faux hurt feelings act when they tell you they don't give a shit what you think. Vinegar or honey June, your choice.
Anthony MN

United States

#537504 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO in their right mind would want to know more about Catholicism???
Is it not enough that the Catholic church fathers slaughtered innocent Jews for centuries by claiming they killed a savior (Ihcuc) that never even existed.
I suggest your support of the slaughter of millions of babies in the womb is more indicative of your perverted sense of righteousness. Talk to me when you change your mind about abortion June.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#537505 May 16, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
The Trinity for example is explicitly taught in Scripture, I.E. God is Father Son and Holy Ghost all God only one God. Early Church fathers taught it.
But the RCC admits no Bible verse, no Apostle no early church father ever taught the Assumption of Mary and in the 4 5 6 Centuries Bishops of Rome declared it heretical and those who taught Heretics.
As is the Case all of these points.
So the never changing always teaching what has always been taught RCC now teaches something that was not required for Cyril to be saved but is for me today.
LOL LOL LOL ROFL ROFL you are stupid
Thanks for that ABSURDITY of a post that shows the RCC is not even close to the one.
How come Marian doctrine couldn't develop over a few centuries like the Bible did?
Man, Jesus Christ started a Church not a collection of Books. This Church is the pillar and foundation of truth per the Scriptures, not the Scriptures themselves! So it begs the question: why would fundies like yourself, accept the authority of this Church who said Hebrews and Revelation are Sacred Scripture; Barnabas and the Didache are not? Did Jesus or His apostles give us a list? You say "the CC didn't compile the Bible. There was always an agreement on the canon". No there wasn't, liar. The Catholic Church gradually approved writings to be read at Mass. Thats why we have a Bible....for the Mass. It wasn't compiled so fanatics can go on a Bible verse scavenger hunt on 2014 AD.....trying to decipher the hidden Christianity that the Apostles apparently weren't clear on...
Sherlayne

Blairstown, NJ

#537506 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If Mary obeyed the Israelite faith, why does her picture (painted by Catholic artists) hang in Catholic churches.
You know why ... don't you???
She never existed as a real person.
Wake up people ... NO GOD impregnated a virgin from the sky to earth.
You are NOT children any more, so it's time to leave your cradles, your sucky blankets, and your soothers behind and begin to think for your selves.
June, RCC discourages private interpretation of the bible; claims the average person does not qualify to interpret it "properly". Heaven forbid people should think for themselves.
Sherlayne

Blairstown, NJ

#537507 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stated.
Religion is a very serious game of competition. And it is only peaceful, until they start discussing who the gods love and who they will reject to hell.
Then the battle is ON.
This "Michael" person seems very sensible. I find that refreshing :)
truth

Australia

#537508 May 16, 2014
God is full of Mercy.
truth

Australia

#537509 May 16, 2014
God don't asked anyone interpreted anything.
its written
'when they speak they understood each other any language'=gift of holy spirit
How many gift of holy spirit?
https://www.google.com.au/search...
truth

Australia

#537510 May 16, 2014

Prince George, Canada

#537511 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you're a grouchy and lonely old broad who derives pleasure from provoking outrage from Christians who have sincerely held beliefs and then puts on a faux hurt feelings act when they tell you they don't give a shit what you think. Vinegar or honey June, your choice.
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

Prince George, Canada

#537512 May 16, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
This "Michael" person seems very sensible. I find that refreshing :)
As do I!

Prince George, Canada

#537513 May 16, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, RCC discourages private interpretation of the bible; claims the average person does not qualify to interpret it "properly". Heaven forbid people should think for themselves.
They want followers to believe they are dumb. Otherwise they won't BE followers.

It works the same in all religions that have leaders that in turn pride their selves on being the only ones on earth to know universal truth.

Prince George, Canada

#537514 May 16, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ started a Church
You WISH!!!

Jews in that era did not know the word church. They knew ONLY of the word TEMPLE, because that is where Jews faithful to Judaism prayed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 16 hr friend 2
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 20 hr make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web