Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685826 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Australia

#537510 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537511 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you're a grouchy and lonely old broad who derives pleasure from provoking outrage from Christians who have sincerely held beliefs and then puts on a faux hurt feelings act when they tell you they don't give a shit what you think. Vinegar or honey June, your choice.
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
For agreeing with your priest that stated to my father that others should burn in the pits of hell-fire ... you haven't a credible response. And that's understandable.

I suggest you want to hope that there is no book of life in which your callous words are documented.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537512 May 16, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
This "Michael" person seems very sensible. I find that refreshing :)
As do I!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537513 May 16, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, RCC discourages private interpretation of the bible; claims the average person does not qualify to interpret it "properly". Heaven forbid people should think for themselves.
They want followers to believe they are dumb. Otherwise they won't BE followers.

It works the same in all religions that have leaders that in turn pride their selves on being the only ones on earth to know universal truth.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537514 May 16, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ started a Church
You WISH!!!

Jews in that era did not know the word church. They knew ONLY of the word TEMPLE, because that is where Jews faithful to Judaism prayed.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537515 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO in their right mind would want to know more about Catholicism???
Is it not enough that the Catholic church fathers slaughtered innocent Jews for centuries by claiming they killed a savior (Ihcuc) that never even existed.
I noticed that I didn't receive negative icons on this post.

Amazing!!!

At one time I would have called every nasty expletive "in the book."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537516 May 16, 2014
I would have "been" called
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537517 May 16, 2014
Judaism 101

Conservative Jews usually use the word "synagogue," which is actually a Greek translation of Beit K'nesset and means "place of assembly" (it's related to the word "synod").

Reform Jews use the word "temple," because they consider every one of their meeting places to be equivalent to, or a replacement for, The Temple in Jerusalem.

The use of the word "temple" to describe modern houses of prayer offends some traditional Jews, because it trivializes the importance of The Temple. The word "shul," on the other hand, is unfamiliar to many modern Jews. When in doubt, the word "synagogue" is the best bet, because everyone knows what it means, and I've never known anyone to be offended by it.

http://www.jewfaq.org/shul.htm
marge

Leesburg, GA

#537518 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Except that you don't know what Catholicism is, nor do you want to.
We know that the Catholicism you share with us day after day is unbiblical, as we show you from the Bible day after day.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537519 May 16, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that the Catholicism you share with us day after day is unbiblical, as we show you from the Bible day after day.
The Catholics used to kill each other over who had the "correct" meanings from the words in the bible.

Does that make any sense in your world of religious entertainment???

I suggest you keep in mind that the first Protestants WERE Catholics, and they didn't spare the ammunition that ended many lives.

If the government hadn't stopped the killing by making it a law to kill in the name of religion, I suggest you nitwits would still be at it ... bible in one hand and sword or gun in the other.

Stupid, stupid humans.
truth

Australia

#537520 May 16, 2014
please forgive me..who wrote before i am jelouse god and going put you in fire..
its not me
nooooooooo

another things don't close with spiritual way you can find materialistic too
its written
you can find what is lost
its written
god left law trough time and space
What you try hide?

maybe you asked for prove
to god nothing you need ad or prove

its written

dear God who is lost and hopeless
please help us
Whats problem when people please?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537521 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, she says was protestant. Who really cares what she says....
Your delusion won't allow you not to "care."

You are drawn to June like a moth to a flame.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#537522 May 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......why would you associate with murders and adulterers? Why don't you answer the question instead of your silly mirror games......again.
Because your comments are "nothing" but a list of exaggerated and overblown anti-catholic
BS that is generated by your "agenda drive" vengeance that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HiS One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... For you Michael , it is an "agnostic game" of "spinning the Truth" desperately hoping that "someone--anyone " will be,gullible enough to believe the "hype" that "" entertains you. 24/7.
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#537523 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Replace "Roman Catholic Church" with "The Church" and most of the bullet points are taught and believed by all of the ancient Churches.
One area that confuses you is the fact that a Church father may not write about a dogma that hadn't yet been defined. The apostolic fathers were not declaring the dogma of the Trinity as it had not yet been declared at council, the canon had not yet been decided, the role of the Theotokos, etc. So, no, St. Cyril would not be "hell bound" and neither would any other Christian BEFORE a dogma is defined.
Defined b y who Anthony, and who declares a person is hell bound. That is not up to a man to decided, man can not make those kinds of decisions before or after a man made council.
Dogma is only a word for doctrine of ones beliefs.
The only council man should seek is that of Almighty God , before and after talking to any man of such thing that only God has authority over.
truth

Australia

#537524 May 16, 2014
don't accuse..

I am fine!
truth

Australia

#537525 May 16, 2014
then hojo
why nothing is zero=0
Are you for sure matematicmission is not start or used nothing=0?
How you can be a secure when start nothing=0 even security?
truth

Australia

#537526 May 16, 2014
Why people liked numbers?
Sherlayne

Blairstown, NJ

#537527 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that I didn't receive negative icons on this post.
Amazing!!!
At one time I would have called every nasty expletive "in the book."
LOL June - You spoke too soon. I'll give you a couple of more suitable icons :)
Sherlayne

Blairstown, NJ

#537528 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I would have "been" called
It's amazing how the "religious" here can become the most vicious of all when they get angry - their Christian charity becomes non-existent :)
Sherlayne

Blairstown, NJ

#537529 May 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your delusion won't allow you not to "care."
You are drawn to June like a moth to a flame.
Perhaps a romance in the making?

Naw, June's too smart for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web