Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670351 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537460 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha
Mary and Joseph were not the ones that took the Greek word Ihcuc and morphed it into the word Jesus.
I don't know about Joseph but Mary can be blamed for supporting Catholicism, but she can't be blamed for what the Catholics admit was their own idea.
Isn't it a bugger, when a mother didn't even name her own son???
:)
I read that an angel named Gabriel gave him that name.

He was the first and last Jew ever to have a name.

Ahhhhhh, I used to think a man by that name did exist, but now I doubt it.

The name alone supports the myth theory. Or, maybe his real name was Hyman.

ramen

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537461 May 16, 2014
You can see that those ex-Jew Catholics knew how to use the word "temple."

They just didn't LIKE that word "temple" ... as it smacked WAY to MUCH of Judaism.

So ... PRESTO ... into the language came the word "church."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Marriage of the Virgin

The marriage ceremony itself is often depicted in front of the temple, with many people present. The priest, standing in the middle, joins the hands of the bride and groom.
Michael

Canada

#537462 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If Mary obeyed the Israelite faith, why does her picture (painted by Catholic artists) hang in Catholic churches.
You know why ... don't you???
She never existed as a real person.
Wake up people ... NO GOD impregnated a virgin from the sky to earth.
You are NOT children any more, so it's time to leave your cradles, your sucky blankets, and your soothers behind and begin to think for your selves.
The NT isn't contemporary. People only started writing decades after this man and all these stories and characters vanished into thin air.

Christians will say.........thats the way its suppose to be. Its A!!....MYSTERY!!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537463 May 16, 2014
Correction:

He was the first and last Jew ever to have that name.

Prince George, Canada

#537464 May 16, 2014
It's fascinating how terminology changes through time.

At one time, Jews used the term priest for their religion. Then, when the Catholics stole that word for their religion, the terminology of the Jews changed to steer clear of Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Rabbi

The titles were used with different degrees of honor; the lowest being rab, master; then rabbi, my master; next rabban, our master; and greatest of all, rabboni, my great master.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537465 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!!!
Ramen has to stop the suffering of all forms of life in order to prove himself to me. And you know and I know that ain't gonna happen.
:)
OK, but at least we can agree that I am NOT crazy.

Right?

ramen

:o)

Prince George, Canada

#537466 May 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT isn't contemporary. People only started writing decades after this man and all these stories and characters vanished into thin air.
Christians will say.........thats the way its suppose to be. Its A!!....MYSTERY!!!!
I suggest that the old testament was not written by faithful Jews to Judaism, but rather it was written by disgruntled Jews wanting to start a new religion.

It's common sense that the Jews faithful to Judaism wrote that they were already God's chosen few, so they didn't need a savior-myth to start a new religion.

From my perspective, there is no mystery about the bullshit of religion.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537467 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's fascinating how terminology changes through time.
At one time, Jews used the term priest for their religion. Then, when the Catholics stole that word for their religion, the terminology of the Jews changed to steer clear of Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
Rabbi
The titles were used with different degrees of honor; the lowest being rab, master; then rabbi, my master; next rabban, our master; and greatest of all, rabboni, my great master.
"greatest of all, rabboni"

Rabboni sounds like a noodle, right?

Coincidence?

I think not. How much more proof do you need?

ramen

Prince George, Canada

#537468 May 16, 2014
Actually rather than being bitter about all my years of wondering why religion didn't make sense to me, I'm thankful for the experience of all the bullshit preached at me.

It's what taught me that I didn't need any more bullshit to confuse me.

Now I am at peace with my plan of simply waiting until I die. Either I will never know anything more, or, if awareness does continue, I will deal with it then in whatever way I must.

But one thing is for sure, I will not allow any more religious debris from any silly theologians to mess with what today is my peace of mind.

Prince George, Canada

#537469 May 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
"greatest of all, rabboni"
Rabboni sounds like a noodle, right?
Coincidence?
I think not. How much more proof do you need?
ramen
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now THAT was a good one!

Here's a little ditty, for you to digest.

Rabboni Rabboni
Sounds like Macaroni

But don't mistake the two
One is holy and one is YOU!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#537470 May 16, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you rest true on the scriptures, how convenient Anthony are you becoming " sola scriptura" or just when it suits your purpose.
Not only do you not know what sola scriptura is, you don't have the slightest clue of Catholic teaching on Sacred Scripture. Unfortunately with your unbiblical doctrine of private judgement you make yourself a paper pope every time you read it.

The reason I know sola scriptura and private judgement is a false teaching is because protestants don't agree on what the bible says. How is it that you don't believe what Luther and Calvin believed the bible says even though you all believe sola scriptura ?

Prince George, Canada

#537471 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do you not know what sola scriptura is, you don't have the slightest clue of Catholic teaching
My father was raised as a Catholic by strict Catholic parents.

He was totally disillusioned, and the final break with the church was when he was told by a priest that those who were not Catholic would have to spend eternity in a fiery hell.

I'm thankful that he made that break with the church before I was born. Otherwise he might have dictated to me that I also would burn in hell if I wasn't of the Catholic religion.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#537472 May 16, 2014
LTM wrote:
Cont
Sola fide or faith alone is a key point of difference between not only Protestants and Catholics but between biblical Christianity and almost all other religions and teachings. The teaching that we are declared righteous by God (justified) on the basis of our faith alone and not by works is a key doctrine of the Bible and a line that divides most cults from biblical Christianity. While most religions and cults teach men what works they must do to be saved, the Bible teaches that we are not saved by works, but by God’s grace through His gift of faith (Ephesians 2:8-9). Biblical Christianity is distinct from every other religion in that it is centered on what God has accomplished through Christ’s finished work, while all other religions are based on human achievement. If we abandon the doctrine of justification by faith, we abandon the only way of salvation.“Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness" (Romans 4:4-5). The Bible teaches that those that trust Jesus Christ for justification by faith alone are imputed with His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21), while those who try to establish their own righteousness or mix faith with works will receive the punishment due to all who fall short of God’s perfect standard.
Sola fide—the doctrine of justification by faith alone apart from works—is simply recognizing what is taught over and over in Scripture—that at some point in time God declares ungodly sinners righteous by imputing Christ’s righteousness to them (Romans 4:5, 5:8, 5:19). This happens apart from any works and before the individual actually begins to become righteous. This is an important distinction between Catholic theology that teaches righteous works are meritorious towards salvation and Protestant theology that affirms the biblical teaching that righteous works are the result and evidence of a born-again person who has been justified by God and regenerated by the power of the Holy Spirit.
How important is sola fide? It is so important to the Gospel message and a biblical understanding of salvation that Martin Luther described it as being “the article with and by which the church stands.” Those who reject sola fide reject the only Gospel that can save them and by necessity embrace a false gospel. That is why Paul so adamantly denounces those who taught law-keeping or other works of righteousness in Galatians 1:9 and other passages. Yet today this important biblical doctrine is once again under attack. Too often sola fide is relegated to secondary importance instead of being recognized as an essential doctrine of Christianity, which it certainly is.
cont
"Sola fide—the doctrine of justification by faith alone apart from works—is simply recognizing what is taught over and over in Scripture—that at some point in time God declares ungodly sinners righteous by imputing Christ’s righteousness to them (Romans 4:5, 5:8, 5:19)."

The problem with this is that no where in the bible does it teach we are justified by faith ALONE. In fact, St. James EXPLICITLY says we ARE NOT justified by faith alone. This is why Luther tried to remove the his epistle from scripture.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537473 May 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......Josephus wasnt born until 37 CE. 4 years after jesus is said to have died. He was not a contemporary historian...... BUSTED!
.........Josephus was a loyal Pharisaic Jew, could hardly have written this that he is the Christ.
... How could Josephus claim that Jesus had been the answer to his messianic hopes yet remain an orthodox Jew?......makes no sense!
The writings of Josephus were not kept in a public library or in a persons home...they were kept by the church and distributed. Therefore the churh could have made them say anything they wanted to.
........ There is no way he could have known about jesus from is own personal experience. At the most he could have recorded the activities of the new cult of Christianity and what they said about their crucified leader. Therefor he is not a credible source.
........The absurdity forces some apologists to make the ridiculous claim that Josephus was a closet Christian!
.....If Josephus really thought Jesus had been 'the Christ' surely he would have added more about him than one paragraph.
http://www.truthbeknown.com/josephus.htm
what you don't see is that Josephus was captured by the Roman Vaspasian ( Flavian) in around 70ad. He was captured when vaspasian " Defeated God" which is when the Jewish Religious Relics were captured also, Including Religious Scrolls, which Jocephus could have translated. The Romans controlled all and controlling what was written would not have been hard for them.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#537474 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My father was raised as a Catholic by strict Catholic parents.
He was totally disillusioned, and the final break with the church was when he was told by a priest that those who were not Catholic would have to spend eternity in a fiery hell.
I'm thankful that he made that break with the church before I was born. Otherwise he might have dictated to me that I also would burn in hell if I wasn't of the Catholic religion.
Good for you and your father. Sarcasm intended.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#537475 May 16, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo says;......Everyone of the authors of the bible was a sinner: Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said"I am the worst of sinners".
Michael says.....Aren't they good enough examples to stay away from or disbelieve such people?
I am sure you don't associate with murderers or adulterers.........OR DO YOU??
.....something is terribly wrong HOJO!
Keep looking in the mirror Michael --and IF you look long enough--you will "eventually" begin to "see the problem"!!
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#537476 May 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Equal time" for what!......You mean to keep spreading more and more man-made (18tht century) bible only deception and distortions by blatantly,mis-interpretating the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible by the Early Church Fathers (who WROTE IT) in 382, 393 and 397 AD!!!.......The fact is that 1000's and 1000's of bible only Protestants are "leaving" your contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting (man-made) denominations are are coming to (over) 2000 years of the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....The Catholic Church is the ONLY CHRISTIAN CHURCH that continues to grow world wide (each and every year) by over 1.5% while EVERY Protestant bible only denomination of 42,000+ continues to decline lose member (each and every year).
Hojo, it's not 42,00 it's 4,200 different religions. whatever the number it's a lot.
How many true born again believing Christ -followers in the world .
Jesus calls them little flock, which means not many. having billions protestants or Catholic
belong to a religion doesn't mean they all are Christ-followers they may believe in God but are they truly born again.
I know a lot of people Catholic's as well as protestant, go to church every Sunday, and curse God and the virgin Mary every Monday Morning.
So you got to separate the people who are just taking up space in the pew and people who really are 'GODS TRUE CHURCH" WHICH ISN'T CATHOLIC OR PROTESTANT.
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#537477 May 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep looking in the mirror Michael --and IF you look long enough--you will "eventually" begin to "see the problem"!!
Keep looking in the mirror hojo --and IF you look long enough--you will "eventually" begin to "see the problem"!!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#537478 May 16, 2014
YTubeNews wrote:
1st BLOOD Moon (April 2014)--- ANTICHRIST (May)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AJYz_gScisAXX
That's awesome CIB!
Michael

Canada

#537479 May 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
"It's puzzling why Paul, the founder of Christianity, who brought Jesus' teachings to the Gentiles, didn't tell us more about Jesus the man, since he was a contemporary of Jesus.
Paul, the Pharisee and student of the renowned Rabbi Gamaliel, was present at the stoning to death of Jesus' disciple Stephen (Acts 8:57-59), which occurred only two years after the crucifixion.
Even if Paul wasn't familiar with all the details of Jesus' life, surely the disciples would have been. Paul's three meetings in Jerusalem with Jesus' disciples, including Peter and Jesus' brother James, add nothing about Jesus life. Why does Paul, the champion of Jesus and his teachings, tell only Paul stories and no Jesus stories?"
Gods are says........why does Paul the champion of Jesus tell no stories about Jesus.

Michael says........probably because the gospel writers that wrote later on had not yet invented the stories of Jesus. Virgin birth, miracles etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) 18 hr WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web